Options

[Outriders] Ride and die (a lot).

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    I feel like I may be jumping the gun, but does anyone else feel like the twist is going to be
    this is Earth, we were just asleep for millions of years instead of 80?

That'd be really weird if it was.
    That would require the colony ship to have done a U-turn without anyone noticing, which is unlikely, but not impossible, but also the ship to he able to survive that long without completely breaking down, which is definitely not possible.
    Enoch, an Eve-looking character in a garden, and a guy called Seth. Chances the twist is, this is humanity's original planet?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I really like the shotgun in this, feels chunky and I like that you can stagger enemies with it.

The other cool thing I noticed was that in some of the arenas if you aggressively take the midpoint leftover mobs in the first area will fallback to the second instead of hanging around and shooting you in the back. This gives you free shots at them as they fall back which is a nice bit that plays into the the aggressive combat theme they've got going.

They even have a quest that subverts this where the second arena they fall back to has a captain that buffs surrounding mobs so you if you don't look the falling back mobs fast enough the captain gets a bunch of extra mooks to buff.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    My division muscle memory is not helping me with dodge being a different button to the cover button

Yeah this screwed me too, which is funny because I'm pretty sure we always wanted them on separate buttons and this game has it and I still fuck it up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DecatusDecatus Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Legendaries (the most powerful gear in the game) have started to drop for some people and the guns don't have unique perks? All perks have a power level from 1-3, where the third level of the perk is just an increase to damage or percentages. And legendaries just have the 3rd level of a given perk. Sort of disappointing to me since most games like this (Destiny/Diablo/Borderlands, etc) all have unique and build changing perks on their most powerful gear.

The upside to this is that, according to what I'm reading, all mods can be removed from gear and placed into other gear. So gun customization will be interesting at least.

This is probably because the guns are very low level, generic legendries. The dev's have shown off other weapons on their twitter account and some of the videos they've posted and the mods are bonkers. There's a machinegun that locks down enemies with temporal stasis, giving everyone access to Trickster abilities. There's a shotgun that gives you the devistator's golem armor when you kill someone with it, meaning any class can use it to become a wall of living stone.

Add in to that the armor sets they've shown off so far - again, take a look at Twitter if you'd like to see the images and stats - I feel okay saying that the gear, powers, and builds will really come together once we're further into the game. Hell, we only have access to two skill points in the demo when we can unlock a maximum of 20 once the game launches.

I am glad they're doing a demo though, and that it isn't timed or going away at all. More dev's and game publishers should do this, I really appreciate being able to spend some time with the game and get a feel for it before dropping my money. From what I've played and seen, I'm absolutely going to buy in once I upgrade my PC and finish my college classes. Devastator is really fun, and I'm curious to see what we'll be able to do toward end-game. I really want to unlock all the abilities and play around with the set that makes their charge attack have a ~2 second cool down, their bullet reflection shield automatic so they can still fight while using it, and use some skill points to pump up those abilities.

Armor set in question:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Full Deathproof Set Bonus: Reduce the cooldown of Boulderdash skill by 90% <a href="https://t.co/ptfDVhOcZg">pic.twitter.com/ptfDVhOcZg</a></p>&mdash; Outriders (@Outriders) <a href=" 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

Example legendary gun:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mod #1: Singularity.<br><br>Killing shots create an Anomaly singularity. When destroyed, the singularity explodes dealing 180 damage to enemies within a 6.5 meter radius. <a href="https://t.co/98rb1RoUB0">pic.twitter.com/98rb1RoUB0</a></p>&mdash; Outriders (@Outriders) <a href=" 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

Decatus on
    PSN: decatus90
  • Options
    I do like how the 4 classes have multiple skills that can get mods based on your armor, seems like some interesting stuff can pop up there. Also I was a fan of how frenetic combat could get at least playing the devastator. Like lots of dudes, lots of movement around the arena.

I'm excited to give it a go, but as I've said in the past with my current situation I have a lot more disposable income than others.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    If I had to compare it to anything, it feels way more like ME3 multiplayer to me than the Division. Especially with the Devastator in the beta demo basically being a Vanguard.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    So how were people finding their gun flavor? As a devastator I preferred shotgun for when I was romping with powers, and an AR for mid range/powers were on cooldown.

I also liked the bullet reflect more than the ground pound, loved the charge and armor, but I was a fan there were several skills that we don't get in the demo so devastator will play how you want with your build/armor and what skill cards out of your deck you want to play with.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Decatus wrote: »
    Legendaries (the most powerful gear in the game) have started to drop for some people and the guns don't have unique perks? All perks have a power level from 1-3, where the third level of the perk is just an increase to damage or percentages. And legendaries just have the 3rd level of a given perk. Sort of disappointing to me since most games like this (Destiny/Diablo/Borderlands, etc) all have unique and build changing perks on their most powerful gear.

The upside to this is that, according to what I'm reading, all mods can be removed from gear and placed into other gear. So gun customization will be interesting at least.

This is probably because the guns are very low level, generic legendries. The dev's have shown off other weapons on their twitter account and some of the videos they've posted and the mods are bonkers. There's a machinegun that locks down enemies with temporal stasis, giving everyone access to Trickster abilities. There's a shotgun that gives you the devistator's golem armor when you kill someone with it, meaning any class can use it to become a wall of living stone.

Add in to that the armor sets they've shown off so far - again, take a look at Twitter if you'd like to see the images and stats - I feel okay saying that the gear, powers, and builds will really come together once we're further into the game. Hell, we only have access to two skill points in the demo when we can unlock a maximum of 20 once the game launches.

I am glad they're doing a demo though, and that it isn't timed or going away at all. More dev's and game publishers should do this, I really appreciate being able to spend some time with the game and get a feel for it before dropping my money. From what I've played and seen, I'm absolutely going to buy in once I upgrade my PC and finish my college classes. Devastator is really fun, and I'm curious to see what we'll be able to do toward end-game. I really want to unlock all the abilities and play around with the set that makes their charge attack have a ~2 second cool down, their bullet reflection shield automatic so they can still fight while using it, and use some skill points to pump up those abilities.

Armor set in question:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Full Deathproof Set Bonus: Reduce the cooldown of Boulderdash skill by 90% <a href="https://t.co/ptfDVhOcZg">pic.twitter.com/ptfDVhOcZg</a></p>&mdash; Outriders (@Outriders) <a href=" 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

Example legendary gun:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mod #1: Singularity.<br><br>Killing shots create an Anomaly singularity. When destroyed, the singularity explodes dealing 180 damage to enemies within a 6.5 meter radius. <a href="https://t.co/98rb1RoUB0">pic.twitter.com/98rb1RoUB0</a></p>&mdash; Outriders (@Outriders) <a href=" 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

hmmmm I like the sound of that.. well I am going to be laid up post surgery when this comes out so maybe I will pick it up, been looking for something to veg on while I am unable to walk.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021

Armor set in question:

Example legendary gun:

Ok, look at that gun's perks: Singularity III and Improved Stiffening II

Singularity I and II drops on other guns. In fact, I think I have a gun with Singularity I on it. The only thing thing that makes that legendary a legendary is that it has the level 3 version of singularity on it (edit) which looks like increases the range and damage of singularity.

Improved Stiffening I and II also drops on other guns. I assume there is a legendary gun out there with Stiffening III.

The armor having set bonuses is real real nice though

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    So how were people finding their gun flavor? As a devastator I preferred shotgun for when I was romping with powers, and an AR for mid range/powers were on cooldown.

I also liked the bullet reflect more than the ground pound, loved the charge and armor, but I was a fan there were several skills that we don't get in the demo so devastator will play how you want with your build/armor and what skill cards out of your deck you want to play with.

My gun set up for classes so far:
    Trickster: Autorifle/Shotgun
    Pyromancer: Autorifle/SMG
    Technomancer: Sniper/Autorifle
    Devastator: LMG/Shotgun

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I played for 30 minutes.

Terrible character creator.
    This is just Mass Effect Andromeda's premise with the numbers filed off.
    These are Ultra graphics settings?
    Terrible main character voice acting.
    Those were the Lost numbers.
    Oh my god this camera shaking.
    Seriously it's making me queasy I need to stop playing.

And there's where I left it. Somehow worse than Bourne Supremacy's cinematography and literally making me feel ill.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    game mechanics are fine, story is bleh, graphics are acceptable

control scheme and motion blur are absolutely unacceptable

the cover control scheme on pc is so unbelievably bad i cant believe they playtested it for more than 5 minutes: the game nominally has movement relative to camera (so if you are looking around and press strafe left that direction updates as you swing the camera). when you enter cover if you are holding a directional input, eg w, no matter where you turn the camera after your directional input for cover breaking and evasive moves is set to the direction you had when you entered cover. so this means if u look away from the wall and press shift while holding w (because in the control scheme all your inputs are continuous and relative to your camera) you cannot roll until you repress the button. this is completely insane

the fact the roll, with no movement input, is also the mantle button is insane: forwards and cover input does the mantle, there is zero reason to take the roll button - your "i want to not take damage" input - and make it redundantly overlapping with another input. a dodge input with no direction should be a dodge; usually the convention is a backroll. please for the love of god do not make context-sensitive cover inputs a feature of ur roll input...

the motion blur is, well, absolutely atrocious but you know how it is game devs put it in then suddenly get a million requests to add a toggle on cooldown forever because apparently the fact its an awful effect has somehow not percolated thru the last 10 years of game dev

EDIT: also i had some pieces of cover become uninteractable for long periods of time. when i turned off toggle aim this didnt turn up again but im not certain that was the cause; however this is also another thing u probs dont want to happen in a 3rd person cover shooter...

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So my understanding is that the I, II, III level is sort of like the decoration slots in Monster Hunter World. If the gun has a level III slot, you can put a 3, 2, or 1 into it, but if it has a level 1 slot that's all you can change it to. Legendary guns can be modified in the end game as soon as you unlock crafting, which is just after where the demo stops, so you can change the perks up if you want - part of the end game is finding legendries, dismantling them to get the mods, and throwing the mods into your other weapons. So you could, for instance, take the mod out of the Golems Limb shotgun (gives Golem for 3s on a kill shot, no CD) and put it into Grim Marrow if you want.

Now, have we seen anything that is completely absurd, like Gjallarhorn was back in Destiny? No, not yet, and I honestly hope we don't. I'm hoping that each gear piece is a bit of the puzzle, and that the end game will revolve around putting those pieces together in a way that fits my playstyle.

I want to use Boulder Dash all the time, buff my shotgun and melee damage, and run around as a bullet sponge with a bullet reflecting shield up. I loved playing a Charge-Nova-Charge Vanguard in ME3, basically. From what I can see, I should be able to build a Devastator around that same playstyle and have a good time. But if I end up not liking it, or if it ends up being meh for an encounter? Boom, reset skill points (no cost, can be redone any time), equip different gear with different mods, and off we go. I can understand wanting the weapons to be more distinct, and I do hope we see some very interesting mods because, lets face it, that's just fun, but I feel okay with what we've seen so far.

Decatus on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    The motion blur is really, really bad...I'm not sure what the disconnect between developers and players is when it comes to motion blur. I get it on a 30 FPS console maybe it smooths things out, but on PC, where my machine is pushing the game well over 100 FPS at 1440p/ultra, it just makes the graphics look like a smeared mess in motion. The fact that it can't be toggled independently of other effects is pretty egregious.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Agreed 100% on the motion blur, it's not fun at all. The Dev's have said retail will have a toggle though, which is nice. The 30fps capped cinematics will also be uncapped. I haven't seen anything about the shaky-cam though, which is kinda meh...I'm not a huge fan of shaky-cam.

• Options
    When I have issues with the cover, I usually have to point my targeting reticle directly at it. Which is obviously, you know, not good. And yeah, I toggled to disable the 'double move input rolls' option, as well as rebound the roll to something sensible for me (middle mouse).

• Options
    So my understanding is that the I, II, III level is sort of like the decoration slots in Monster Hunter World. If the gun has a level III slot, you can put a 3, 2, or 1 into it, but if it has a level 1 slot that's all you can change it to. Legendary guns can be modified in the end game as soon as you unlock crafting, which is just after where the demo stops, so you can change the perks up if you want - part of the end game is finding legendries, dismantling them to get the mods, and throwing the mods into your other weapons. So you could, for instance, take the mod out of the Golems Limb shotgun (gives Golem for 3s on a kill shot, no CD) and put it into Grim Marrow if you want.

Now, have we seen anything that is completely absurd, like Gjallarhorn was back in Destiny? No, not yet, and I honestly hope we don't. I'm hoping that each gear piece is a bit of the puzzle, and that the end game will revolve around putting those pieces together in a way that fits my playstyle.

I want to use Boulder Dash all the time, buff my shotgun and melee damage, and run around as a bullet sponge with a bullet reflecting shield up. I loved playing a Charge-Nova-Charge Vanguard in ME3, basically. From what I can see, I should be able to build a Devastator around that same playstyle and have a good time. But if I end up not liking it, or if it ends up being meh for an encounter? Boom, reset skill points (no cost, can be redone any time), equip different gear with different mods, and off we go. I can understand wanting the weapons to be more distinct, and I do hope we see some very interesting mods because, lets face it, that's just fun, but I feel okay with what we've seen so far.

Thats all great and I can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Doesn't change my slight disappointment at the lack of unique perks on their version of unique guns. There's a reason every loot based game puts unique stuff on their most rare gear. This system just makes it so that legendaries are at best a slight bump in numbers you can get from rare gear.

• Options
    Yeah, I got more comfortable with the cover mechanic as I reached the end of the demo. It's very finicky though. Sure once I knew how to sort of work around the flaws it was okay, but never great. I hope it gets some polishing in the release.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Subtle per object blur is usually fine, but when the entire scene just blurs to a mess whenever you move you have to be like "uhh, who thought this looks good ever?" but yet there it is in almost every game. So yeah, almost immediately the first thing I do is turn that off. Some games are now also using like a strong depth of field effect during normal gameplay as a seemingly stylistic choice, no, stop. I'm not sure who keeps deciding these are good things to enable by default, but it really doesn't add what you think it does.

Anyway, just a reminder that you can tweak the engine ini (thanks Unreal!) on PC to remove motion blur in the demo: https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/comments/lsff60/tip_you_can_disable_motionblur/

Trust me, you want to do this.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Has anyone been able to matchmake with randos? I have not been able to join or create any game on PC.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so i gave this a quick go and i have to say i'm not at all impressed to far.

the gunplay just feels bad. i've been struggling to actually get a decent aim on targets and there's been times where i've lined up my shot only for the reticule to drop below where i was aiming when i aim down sights. i'm not sure if headshots do more damage but seeing as it lacks the kind of precision that would allow for them i don't think it matters.

the cover system just seems broken, at one point it had me snap clear across a corridor rather than take cover against the corner wall i was stood at. you also can't go around corners while in cover? how the fuck did they miss that?

i chose Technomancer as my class and the first ability is a grenade. you can blind throw it with a button press or hold to aim and both options are bad. there's no indication of how far a blind throw is and if you try to aim the camera will shift so there will be times when you can see the arc of your throw but not where it's going to land.

this all feels like pretty basic stuff and none of it feels. there's just so much that doesn't seem to work the way you'd expect from a game like this and its genuinely kinda baffling. i will probably spend some more time with it cause its a free demo and maybe it just needs some getting used to, but i feel like this in one that i'll be passing on ultimately.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Headshots definitely do more damage, but I've not noticed any aiming issues? On PC with KBAM I found aiming really crisp and easy. The gunplay felt fine to me. Not spectacular, but serviceable and fine. You can go around corners in cover but it's very finicky. It uses the same "point your reticle and press space to jump to cover here" mechanic.

e: Also enemies have weak points that aren't just their head. The flame thrower guys have the classic fuel tank weakness point. Bosses had differing weak points. The later game trailer seems to suggest some of the big nasty monster enemies have Horizon style weak points as well.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    On an xbone controller aiming felt fine. My issue with cover stemmed from their being separate buttons for dodge and mantle versus get into cover and move from cover, and that's mainly unlearning how division/gears did it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Aiming issues are probably caused by auto-aim on controllers, which is real dumb, I had to turn it off. It just snaps to center-mass every time, which means it just shoots cover and not enemies.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    On an xbone controller aiming felt fine. My issue with cover stemmed from their being separate buttons for dodge and mantle versus get into cover and move from cover, and that's mainly unlearning how division/gears did it.

I've definitely died once or twice trying to roll to put out a burn and instead I mantle over cover

Is there an in-game listing of status effects? I think ash is a stun like freeze, vulnerability seems like it increases ability damage?

Carpy on
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »

I've definitely died once or twice trying to roll to put out a burn and instead I mantle over cover

Is there an in-game listing of status effects? I think ash is a stun like freeze, vulnerability seems like it increases ability damage?

Yeah I had moment where I was trying to dodge but kept hitting the cover button and kept locking myself to cover and being like "fucking get out of cover!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Your understanding there is wrong, you can replace a level 1 mod with a level 3 mod. Not in the demo of course, but that's what one of the videos about the game said.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    While it devalues "unique items" a little, I actually like that mods can be swapped around. And I like that you start getting skill affecting mods early and don't have to wait until "uniques" start rolling in. That gives quite a bit of build freedom while lessening some of the annoying grinding you need to do in these types of games to build up your item pool. Once you build up your mod pool you can play around quite a bit.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    While it devalues "unique items" a little, I actually like that mods can be swapped around. And I like that you start getting skill affecting mods early and don't have to wait until "uniques" start rolling in. That gives quite a bit of build freedom while lessening some of the annoying grinding you need to do in these types of games to build up your item pool. Once you build up your mod pool you can play around quite a bit.

There's a lot of potential for changing around combos as well. I saw some pyromancer talents that would make your bomb ash everyone around them and then you could change the aoe interrupt to consume ash for bonus damage instead of burns. Turns that into a really reliable aoe nuke.

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    Your understanding there is wrong, you can replace a level 1 mod with a level 3 mod. Not in the demo of course, but that's what one of the videos about the game said.

Well...thats even better than I had hoped. Yeah, I like that quite a bit...it'll really open things up of we can swap any/all mods around like that. Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    I know I'm glad I'll be able to keep slotting the + damage for the quake and the + range for the quake that I have on my Devastator gear later.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

Armor set in question:

Example legendary gun:

Ok, look at that gun's perks: Singularity III and Improved Stiffening II

Singularity I and II drops on other guns. In fact, I think I have a gun with Singularity I on it. The only thing thing that makes that legendary a legendary is that it has the level 3 version of singularity on it (edit) which looks like increases the range and damage of singularity.

Improved Stiffening I and II also drops on other guns. I assume there is a legendary gun out there with Stiffening III.

The armor having set bonuses is real real nice though

Improved stiffening, eh?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    They've been pretty actively soliciting their Discord and subreddit for feedback. They were also upfront about that gameplay isn't likely to change but reported bugs that they can repro, polish, etc, are what they're focusing on between now and launch, but any gameplay feedback will be looked at when thinking about the future of the game.

I can definitely appreciate when devs are communicative, and even moreso when they're frank about it. I'd love to see them do a post mortem on the demo before launch as well, perhaps patch notes so we know what's fixed.

• Options
    Okay, so I played a little more. Devastator is just hilarious. You get Reflect Bullets at level 6, which catches all bullets shot at you (meaning 0 damage) for something like 10-15 seconds. Then, you throw them back at the guys that shot you. I charge into a room and hit that, stand there, and them POOF the whole room is dead. I also got a chest piece that makes those reflected bullets inflict bleed damage, just in case the impact doesn't kill on its own, and the legendary set I linked up above has mods that tie into it and a charge/slam skill...

I 100% understand some of the criticisms and issues people are having, but the demo's absolutely sold me on this. Even if all I do is dick around for 30 hours in the story content and play one or two characters, it's fun, which is all I'm out for.

• Options
    Okay, so I played a little more. Devastator is just hilarious. You get Reflect Bullets at level 6, which catches all bullets shot at you (meaning 0 damage) for something like 10-15 seconds. Then, you throw them back at the guys that shot you. I charge into a room and hit that, stand there, and them POOF the whole room is dead. I also got a chest piece that makes those reflected bullets inflict bleed damage, just in case the impact doesn't kill on its own, and the legendary set I linked up above has mods that tie into it and a charge/slam skill...

I 100% understand some of the criticisms and issues people are having, but the demo's absolutely sold me on this. Even if all I do is dick around for 30 hours in the story content and play one or two characters, it's fun, which is all I'm out for.

I'm definitely buying the game. The combat is just too much fun.

• Options

I'm definitely buying the game. The combat is just too much fun.

That was kind of where I was at, and I'd love to play with some others I'm sure pairing up with the bros will lead to some hilarious shit. Just like Gears parties of old but now with loot!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I dunno, I tried it last night, and like... Oh, you threw Anthem, GoW, and Andromeda into a blender, eh? I didn't get much past the intro though, does it perk up?

(And I mean, I really liked Andromeda/Anthem; this just isn't grabbing me yet is all.)

• Options
    Once you pick up your powers things get quite a bit better, I think. If one class doesn't click with you try one of the others if you're willing. I bounced pretty hard off of Pyro, but Devastator is 100% my jam. My brother is really enjoying the Trickster, but that's one I have absolutely no interest in, and he doesn't really care for the style the Devastator offers.

Neither of us have tried the Technomancer yet, but from what I've seen I'm not sure how much I'd like it in the early game. I want to play the turrets build with that class and spread toxic damage everywhere, and it looks like those options are a bit higher level so I'm giving it a skip in the demo. Although progress carries over, so...shit, I'll probably end up trying it out anyway, why not.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    I dunno, I tried it last night, and like... Oh, you threw Anthem, GoW, and Andromeda into a blender, eh? I didn't get much past the intro though, does it perk up?

(And I mean, I really liked Andromeda/Anthem; this just isn't grabbing me yet is all.)

The opening is the weakest part of the game, once you start getting into getting loot, and doing the "missions" I felt the gameplay really came together better. But if you don't like the combat it would feel like this game isn't going to offer you more than that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I finished the Demo just now but I wanna play more :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png