As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Flight Sims] DCS open-beta approaches something modern: Using more than one CPU core!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    the fact that it runs at all is amazing ngl

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Seen on VRFocus:

Microsoft is recruiting closed beta testers for Microsoft Flight Simulator's VR builds. Testers have to own the game and a WMR headset (in phase 1), or other VR headset (phase 2). Registration is through the MSFS Insider program.

More information

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I was amused how I barely squeak by in those requirements--I have a first-gen WMR (Samsung Odyssey), an i5-4670K, and a GTX 1080 Ti.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    What a coincidence, this computer which I built in 2012 has a 560Ti!

...I need to build a new computer.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    With the Japan update, I wonder if you could do busy flying? I mean, not flying from Tokyo Int'l to Kyoto - airport to airport.
    I have not been to Japan, but I get the impression that 2/3 is city, and the rest are super rural.

• Options
    With the Japan update, I wonder if you could do busy flying? I mean, not flying from Tokyo Int'l to Kyoto - airport to airport.
    I have not been to Japan, but I get the impression that 2/3 is city, and the rest are super rural.

Two-thirds of the country isn't city (even if it is more urbanized than the US), and there are lots of small towns...but mostly, there are lots of mountains and hills.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Two-thirds of the country isn't city (even if it is more urbanized than the US), and there are lots of small towns...but mostly, there are lots of mountains and hills.

Yeah, Tokyo itself is very urban, but even on the train from Narita into Tokyo, there are a ton of little rural towns.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

Yeah, Tokyo itself is very urban, but even on the train from Narita into Tokyo, there are a ton of little rural towns.

I spent four years of Yokohama and thus, mostly saw towns through the windows of a train or bus, but it's reminiscent of "small town life" in Taiwan, but less dilapidated and less squashed-between-mountains.

The American analogy I'd offer is "You ever see FLCL ? They're like the town FLCL is set in." Take away the gigantic iron, a crossroads of highways and/or rail lines and a town sprung up from there. Of course, my problem is I now live in a certain college town in the American southeast--remove the massive university (you can find college towns in Japan too), and you're left with a "small Georgian city" which is much more spread out but actually has the population of a "Japanese town" more or less, maybe a little higher (though far less than a "small Japanese city"). But by American standards, it's practically compact, especially in terms of residential area.

I did some flying over Yokohama again, mostly just to try and pick out the international school I attended in my time there (my family's apartment was basically down the street, between two large schools and a park) and then fly up north by Tokyo Bay, up to Tokyo proper, the Diet, the Imperial Palace, and other obvious landmarks. Definitely visible improvement, even if it's still on my dilapidated setup (really hoping the game comes to Series X sooner rather than alter).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    I wish they had done some more work on Korea. I did a flyover of the places I lived there (three apartments over a two year period), and unfortunately they don't look quite right. As I mentioned before, they don't have the building height right for Korea yet.

The Japan update was a heck of an improvement though, as I did a few flights not long prior to, and just after, and it looks so much more realistic. Tokyo, the place I am most familiar with, is definitely better.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/news-release-notes-1-9-5-0-now-available/300498

RELEASE NOTES 1.9.5.0
    PLANES

The VFR map should no longer crash the title during a flight
    Avionic screens or buttons in the cockpit should no longer be turned off randomly (ghost cockpit)
    Crashes related to the use of the Smart cam have been fixed
    AIRPORTS

Navblue navigation data has been updated
    UI

Version history is now properly displayed in the Marketplace and Content manager

The multiple simultaneous downloads in the content manager are better handled to prevent crashes or freezes

The packages downloaded through the content manager should now be correctly loaded without requiring a reboot of the title

The airport icons in the world map have been slightly modified

AERODYNAMICS

Auto Pilot pitch oscillation has been reduced on some planes
    ACTIVITY

Multiplayer has been deactivated in the Japan Discovery Flight
    MARKETPLACE

Quality of life updates for the marketplace
    WORLD

Autogen buildings height has been reviewed
    TIN luminance (Sendai, Takamatsu, Tokushima, Tokyo, Utsunomiya, Yokohama)

oh please tell me this fixes the citation and longitude bobbing. If it does my onair is going to start transitioning from the fleet of king airs to citations.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/news-release-notes-1-9-5-0-now-available/300498

RELEASE NOTES 1.9.5.0
    PLANES

The VFR map should no longer crash the title during a flight
    Avionic screens or buttons in the cockpit should no longer be turned off randomly (ghost cockpit)
    Crashes related to the use of the Smart cam have been fixed
    AIRPORTS

Navblue navigation data has been updated
    UI

Version history is now properly displayed in the Marketplace and Content manager

The multiple simultaneous downloads in the content manager are better handled to prevent crashes or freezes

The packages downloaded through the content manager should now be correctly loaded without requiring a reboot of the title

The airport icons in the world map have been slightly modified

AERODYNAMICS

Auto Pilot pitch oscillation has been reduced on some planes
    ACTIVITY

Multiplayer has been deactivated in the Japan Discovery Flight
    MARKETPLACE

Quality of life updates for the marketplace
    WORLD

Autogen buildings height has been reviewed
    TIN luminance (Sendai, Takamatsu, Tokushima, Tokyo, Utsunomiya, Yokohama)

oh please tell me this fixes the citation and longitude bobbing. If it does my onair is going to start transitioning from the fleet of king airs to citations.

Ugh, I hated that. It's basically why I uninstalled it and stopped playing OnAir. I couldn't get past like the 3rd level of time compression, and I am not spending literal hours on a virtual flight, so I had to do mostly local flights which didn't pay all that well. I also wished the sim would display the current time compression level when you change it. Seems strange that it doesn't, or at least it wasn't for me.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Those neighboring houses probably aren’t too happy about this, but hey, got the job done:

Edit: there’s suppose to be a Twitter embed there. Missing maybe?

Working now after I edited. Weird.

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Hell, the passengers are probably a couple of centimeters shorter.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    RELEASE NOTES 1.10.7.0

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-release-notes-1-10-7-0-update-5-now-available/309498
    Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

PLANES
    • Improved sensitivity and twitchiness of control surfaces for the Daher TBM 930, Cessna 152, Cessna 152 Aerobat, Cessna 172 classic and Cessna 172 G1000
    • Improved autopilot behavior for pitch management, altitude capture and stability for Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Cessna Citation Longitude, Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental and Daher TBM 930
    • Fixed Zlin Shock Ultra caution amber light which was always on
    • Fixed Cirrus SR22 windshield deicing not working
    • Fixed Cessna 152 flood light always ON during tutorials
    • Fixed aircraft avionics screens going blank in certain conditions
    • Fixed Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner APU fault light behavior
    • Unlocking longitudinal position of elevator to allow for “Canard” airplanes
    UI
    • Press any key to start screen is now automatically skipped at launch
    • Option added to the Misc menu to switch between Metric and US standard units
    • Performances has been improved in plane selection menu and marketplace
    • The TrackIR can be enabled/disabled in the camera panel during flight
    • Cockpit tooltips can now be deactivated in the Accessibility options menu
    WEATHER
    • Metar data refresh issue has been fixed
    INSTALLATION MANAGER
    • Solved several installation issues that were affecting edge cases
    • We now display the download speed and amount of packages that are being downloaded
    INPUT
    • Support for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition
    • Ability to move the origin of the sensitivity curve and change the sensitivity value on both side of the origin
    • Fix input values when using deadzones
    ACTIVITY
    • All Landing challenge scores should now be properly tracked in the leaderboards
    MARKETPLACE
    • Quality of life updates for the marketplace
    WORLD
    • Motion blur has been added
    • New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented
    • The temporal upsampling has been fixed (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%)
    • Night lighting has been improved
    • Water night reflections have been added
    • Huge hole in Brazil has been fixed
    KNOWN ISSUES
    • VNAV can overshoot the climb speed. Disconnecting the AP after take off and re engaging it will limit the overshoot impact
    • The Cessna Citation Longitude can be slightly below the glide slope as you get close to the airport
    • Once activated, the Switch to Mach units knob won’t return to knots on the Airbus A320neo
    • Live weather fails to save properly after restarting the game
    • UI fails to refresh after you Buy & Download any item, letting the download button appear

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    The call is coming from INSIDE the house!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DnUTPwfuJHE

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    At first I was all, "what disrespect" then watched the analysis and understood. I then went and watched a few other of his videos, that was a fun distraction.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    New MSFS Update:
    Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

WORLD UPDATE II: USA

The world in Microsoft Flight Simulator is getting another major update, this time across the United States of America.

With a motto of "E Pluribus Unum" ("Out of Many, One"), the United States of America is truly a vast collection of diverse territories, from coastal communities to colossal ranges, verdant plains to metropolitan skylines -- and now it's getting upgraded with visual enhancements throughout the land.
    World Update II: USA features an improved digital elevation model with resolution up to one meter, along with new aerial textures for significantly better appearance in several states across the country. Add to that, four new hand-crafted airports (Atlanta, Dallas/Fort Worth, Friday Harbor, and New York Stewart), visual and logical improvements to 48 more airports, plus 50 new high-fidelity POIs, and your state-side journey is sure to be stunning.

If that wasn't enough, this update also includes a Discovery Flight through some of the most iconic locations on the country's eastern seaboard, and an epic new Bush Trip across the Alaskan wilderness.
    World Update II: USA is available FREE to all Microsoft Flight Simulator users, so be sure your simulator is up to date first. Once MSFS is updated, visit the Marketplace to download the USA content bundle and enjoy the majesty on display in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

RELEASE NOTES 1.11.6.0

In addition to the USA world update, several fixes and improvements have been added to the SIM. Thanks to players’ feedback, we are continuing to bring content and adjustments to Microsoft Fight Simulator. Please find below items on which we’ve been working on for this update.

PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
    Several crashes were fixed to improve overall stability of the title
    Optimization on photogrammetry loading
    Offline air traffic aircraft are now properly removed at a long distance. This caused a performance degradation over time.

PLANES

From handling and flight model improvements to auto-pilot fixes, a general review of all planes has been made for this udpate.

Airliners:
    Fixed – Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental fuel consumption issue
    Fixed - Airbus A320neo fuel consumption issue
    Reduced yaw oscillation on the Airbus A320neo by further reducing yaw gain

General aviation aircraft:
    Pipistrel Virus SW121: Fixed – Cruise speed adjusted (previously too low) in the aircraft selection menu
    Cessna 152: 5% more elevator authority
    Cirrus SR22: Fixed - The mixture control is no longer set to Automixture
    Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: Fixed – invisible spoiler removed
    EXTRA 330LT : Engine reactivity increased
    EXTRA 330LT : Fixed full castoring tail wheel animation and allowed up to 90° rotation
    Robin Cap10 : Allowed 90° range of motion for full castering rear wheel

Garmin glass cockpit equipped aircraft:
    Added visual notification on PFD when deactivating AP
    Flight director is now automatically turned on when AP is enabled and cannot be disabled

UI
    The data comsumption value calculation has been fixed
    Fix input feedbacks on some devices
    The livery name should now be correctly displayed in the menus
    The weather image in the flight plan should now be correct in all cases
    Some accuracy for the live time have been fixed
    Fixed an issue that prevented the checklist eye button to be selected
    The bushtrip menu should no longer freeze
    Switching from online to offline in the menu should no longer freeze the title
    Fixed some behaviors that resulted in having the World map search not responding

INPUT
    Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant default preset has been added (GA Twin engines configuration)
    CH Throttle Quadrant default preset has been added
    CH Flightstick Pro default preset has been added
    CH Combatstick default preset has been added
    Lightning should no longer be triggered in clear skies

ACTIVITY
    The logbook should now properly log unfinished flights (either via return to main menu or via landing and shutting down the engine and Master)
    The landing challenge target should now be properly displayed after restarting the activity

WORLD
    Streetlights of smaller streets and roads should now be displayed more randomly
    Workers on an airport should no longer randomly freeze and stop being animated
    Autogen building height heuristics were further improved to restrict excessive heights
    Autogen bridge joints and visual glitches such as gaps were significantly improved
    Fixed bugs where large bridge structures failed to load properly
    Performance for autogen bridges was significantly improved in dense areas

KNOWN ISSUE

You can leave feedback on various topics here - https://forums.flightsimulator.com

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    So my T16000 joystick has not been fairing that great in SW Squadrons, going right on the x-axis sometimes doesn't register.

I think it's because it gets used more aggressively playing squadrons, but it's gotten to the point where it happens almost 2-3 times a match and now in DCS it's killing me.

Decided to grab a VKB Mkiii gunfighter while they were in stock, I'm very excited for the smoothness.

EDIT: Holy crap, i figured it would be a month in shipping, but it arrives on Tuesday!

Dixon on
  • Options
    Ooo! A Cannonball Run in MSFS!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/msfs-cannonball-run-challenge-kjfk-to-klax-in-a-ga-plane-for-charity-prize-from-microsoft/325268
    Calling all MSFS pilots!

The Cannonball Run Challenge 72 is an unsanctioned road race to determine who can drive between New York City and Los Angeles in the fastest time. The current record is 25 hours and 29 minutes.

In recognition of Microsoft Flight Simulator’s World Update II: United States, I am organizing the following live event:

Who: Anyone who wishes to participate
    What: An air race from New York John F. Kennedy International (KJFK) to Los Angeles International (KLAX)
    When: Saturday, December 26, 2020 starting at 1300Z (8am ET)
    Where: MSFS East USA Server, Twitch, YouTube
    Why: For fun, glory, bragging rights, and raising money for charity (not necessarily in that order)
    Edit: The stakes just got real! I just received word from the amazing @Jummivana that Microsoft is very generously donating a Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder System 118 to the overall winner of the event! Thank you SO MUCH for your support!

Rules

Full realism settings in MSFS must be enabled. In the Options Menu, “Piloting” must be set to “Hard” with the exception of “Take-off Auto Rudder” which can be on or off depending on your preference. “Aircraft Systems” and “Failure & Damage” must be set to “Hard”. All “Navigation Aids” must be turned off with the exception of “Taxi Ribbon” which can be on or off depending on your preference.
    1a. The procedure for refueling is as follows: land at any airport and come to a complete stop. You can then re-fill your fuel tanks using the in-game menu along the top of the screen. You must wait a minimum of 10 minutes before taking off again for the next leg of your flight. During this 10 minute wait, you are permitted to taxi and reposition your plane, but you must remain on the ground and not exceed 50 knots.
    Live Weather must be turned on for the entire duration of the flight.
    Everyone will take off from KJFK simultaneously at exactly 1300Z on December 26.
    Pilots are free to plot their own individual flight plans from KJFK to KLAX. Waypoints and cruising altitudes are at each pilot’s discretion.
    Pilots can choose any of the default aircraft included in the Standard, Premium, or Premium Deluxe versions of MSFS (no custom add-on aircraft allowed) but you may only fly single piston engine GA planes. No airliners, jets, turboprops, or multi-engine aircraft are allowed.
    5a. Additionally, the following single-engine planes are not permitted: Beechcraft Bonanza, Cirrus SR22, and Extra 330LT. These planes have a higher cruising speed and/or range than the others, and it’s more fun if there’s a variety of aircraft types in the competition.
    5b. All planes must be flown stock from Asobo/Microsoft. No custom liveries or flight model enhancements are permitted.
    Enabling the autopilot is allowed and, in fact, is encouraged. Please take bathroom breaks and periodically get up to stretch.
    Successfully landing at any airport creates a “save point”. If you crash (either virtually in the sim or your computer crashes), you may “respawn” and continue the Cannonball Run from your last “save point”. Your elapsed time does not reset, however.
    7a. You can create a “save point” by performing a quick touch-and-go landing at any airport. You may not refuel during a touch-and-go, however. Refueling is only permitted if you wait on the ground for 10 minutes per Rule 1a.
    There are two divisions for this challenge:
    8a. The Rodgers Division (named for Calbraith Rodgers, the first aviator to fly coast-to-coast across the United States) is for pilots attempting the Cannonball Run Challenge solo.
    8b. The Kelly & Macready Division (named for Oakley Kelly and John Macready, the first aviators to fly coast-to-coast across the United States non-stop) is for pilots attempting the Cannonball Run Challenge in groups of two. Co-pilots in the K&M Division must physically share the same PC.
    8c. The prize of the Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder system will be given to the overall winner irrespective of division.
    All pilots must track their flight using https://simair.io 231. This is to validate everyone’s time, flight path, and refueling.
    Participants are (optionally) encouraged to livestream their flight on Twitch or YouTube and solicit donations from viewers to support the Aero Zypangu Project 23 Earthrounder Mission. One-eyed Japanese pilot Shinji Maeda is raising money to fly around the world in 2021 to inspire people to chase their aviation dreams. A link to Shinji’s fundraiser is here

And another update:
    RELEASE NOTES 1.11.7.0
    Fixed crashes affecting 3rd party aircraft cockpit interactions
    Reminder: Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

• Options
    Well, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to participate, but I am certainly going to look at routes and plane selection tonight.

• Options
    I'm going to give it a shot!

Experimenting a little bit tonight, GPS says it will take about 9 hours at ~100kt at 9000ft altitude. Straight line from JFK to LAX is just shy of 2100nm.

I'll have to better figure out how autopilot works. From what I can tell, it does whatever the hell it wants. I created a flight plan, and it made it into the in-game system, but the autopilot did whatever it wanted. It ignored altitude regardless of what I tried. I understand that it won't climb for you, but trying to manually get to the altitude and turning on altitude hold it just does whatever it wants. The NAV option makes it fly for Seattle, even though the purple line is pointed to LAX. It wouldn't get on the line, and just generally didn't care for it.

I think there's a lot to be said about what aircraft you choose as well. The DA40NG has longer range, but goes slower. Whereas I think, from my experience, that a Cessna 172 goes faster, but might obviously not go as far.
    The DA40NG has 960nm range, as opposed to the 640nm Cessna 172. So it's just two stops on the DA, but 3 on the Cessna. With a 10 minute stop every time you go for fuel, that's 30 minutes guaranteed extra time spent not in the air, 10 more than the DA40NG. So can the Cessna make up more distance for the extra 10 minutes of fueling?

And that's not even considering the Rocky Mountains...

• Options
    edited December 2020
    So, I was looking at the Diamond, because of the range. My thought was to go as shallow in the climb as possible in order to keep speed up from the start. Thus, I planned out a route from JFK->Memphis->Albuquerque->LAX. Takes more time, but in particular, coming out of Albuquerque you don’t have to climb like mad to get over the Rockies.

Maybe I am overthinking that though.

Regarding Autopilot, it takes some mucking about, but I think I have it down.(-ish). After turning it on (AP), you have to engage the Navigation mode (NAV), which will only work as long as you can see the purple line on the MFD (so not set to VOR mode). So, that does nothing for your altitude, but gets you on course.

Sorting the altitude is trickier, as even putting it in Flight Director (FD) mode doesn’t automatically hit the flight plans altitude points. Instead I normally manually enter my altitude on the Altitude Select knob, then engage Vertical Speed (VS) mode, then increase or decrease the climb rate as needed using the scroll wheel thingie on the dash. That works a treat, and if you have put in a target altitude, the VS mode will automatically disengage and level out once you hit that target altitude.

At that point, you should be good to go. Go makes some coffee, or have a nap. :)

oldmanken on
  • Options
    So, have been doing some test runs, and the DA40NG has a wee problem. While the actual plane in real life has the range stated, the sun does not model the actual AUX tanks that give it that range, and thus the range is wrong and is more in line with all the other planes.

You also have to occasionally manually transfer fuel from the right to left wing tanks, since it does not do so automatically. That’s going to be a problem considering I plan to stick it on autopilot and go about my day.

• Options
    I also do hate having to turn on the transfer pump the whole time so that fuel is used consistently between the two tanks.

I think the Cessna 172 is probably the best choice of plane given the options, for the Cannonball Run. It flies higher and lasts longer than the DA40NG in my experience.

Also, the AI ATC is something I tell you.

"ATC Center this is ASXGS type Cessna 172 with you"

"ASXGS this is ATC Center. Ascend and maintain 16,000 feet."

-_-

*looks at operational ceiling*

"Ok, fine." *sets AP to 16,000, sets rate at 300 ft/min*

"Cessna XGS expedite ascent to 16,000"

*stall horn sounds at 13,000, sets rate to 200 ft/min*

:rotate:

"Flight direction terminated. Have a good day."

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Apparently it is ok to ignore the ATC for this, which was my other worry about participating. Coming out of NYC is just a litany of ATC chatter.

I want to run a few tests with the VL-3, since it is the fastest available plane with autopilot. I also like the idea of trying out the X-Cub... such a nice plane!

oldmanken on
  • Options
    It's just the built-in ATC. It's slightly better than MSFS2004, I think.

It's the fastest plane, but it also doesn't go as far. I don't know if just raw speed will be enough to make up for it.

• Options
    It's just the built-in ATC. It's slightly better than MSFS2004, I think.

It's the fastest plane, but it also doesn't go as far. I don't know if just raw speed will be enough to make up for it.

Yeah, apparently the autopilot relies on hotkeys as well, since the touch interface doesn't actually work in sim. Honestly leaning towards the X Cub at the moment.

• Options
    But the X-Cub is slow and doesn't have nearly as much range, nor does it fly really high.

• Options
    But the X-Cub is slow and doesn't have nearly as much range, nor does it fly really high.

Think we might be talking about a different X-Cub... the ClubCrafter one has a 125kt cruise speed and 695nm range. I'm testing it out now, and though I can't get it to 125kts, I do have it at 4500ft doing 117knt TAS. I'm pretty sure I can get it to go 600nm, and my plan is to avoid the big mountains and track southward to cross the Rockies around El Paso and Albuquerque. Max elevation on my route is about 8000 feet, so I should be able to manage it.

• Options
    Pretty significant update. Sim Update 2. 15 gigs overall. Adds the snow. And a lot more.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-release-notes-1-12-13-0-sim-update-2-now-available/337875
    NEW CONTENT
    Virtual Reality is now available to all users as a free update for all OpenXR-compliant headsets! Visit the VR options menu in-game to enable the feature.
    Two new training missions will help you take off and land with the Airbus A320neo.
    Live Weather is enhanced with Meteo blue data to include snow and ice coverage.
    Spotlight Event now features an Airbus A320neo Landing Challenge. See how well you do after training!
    Sam and Rufus liveries for the Aviat Pitts Special S2S
    Aviators club livery for all 30 planes available in the Marketplace for free!
    Test pilot livery for all 30 planes will be granted to all Alpha and Beta testers!
    Fixed an issue where standard animations on air traffic planes could crash the game.
    ATC memory footprint has been optimized
    NAVIGATION/ATC
    Fix choosing closed runway on the World map
    Fix ATC pronouncing airport name letter by letter
    Fix ATC giving wrong altitude if first approach waypoint has no altitude descriptor
    UI
    New Content manager menu
    Reactivity" and “Extremity dead zone” parameters have been added to the device sensitivity screen
    Copilot is no longer turned on through different play sessions
    Visual help has been added to highlight instruments during tutorials
    You can now map buttons / switches numbered higher than 30 using the Search option in the Input box
    Scroll is now available for camera toolbar panel
    In Controls Options, the profile description of a newly plugged peripheral is now displayed
    Performance in the marketplace has been improved
    Various accessibility issues have been fixed
    Fixed VFR map becoming transparent when resizing
    AUDIO
    Ground SFX improvements on Textron aircrafts
    Kinematic sounds improvements on aerobatic planes
    Added seatbelt & no smoking chimes in airliners
    Bug fix and polish on instruments, buttons and flight control SFX
    Fixed no audio heard when aircraft flies over Outer marker beacon
    WORLD
    Fixed flickering clouds for some specific GPUs
    Fixed sun flare flickering on certain occasions OR in certain situations
    Reduced density of lights on secondary roads in the countryside
    Fixed taxi ribbon displayed inside the cockpit
    PLANES
    All aircraft shared fixes and improvements
    Plane models update and optimization
    Fixing avionics / FMS validating next waypoint too early when flying
    Fixed several aircraft going back to departure airport when approach is activated on G1000
    Tweaked ground effect
    Planes can land and roll on ice
    Fixed warnings and alerts not resetting when instruments reboot
    Fixed monitor a frequency in COM 2
    Copilot behavior has been improved
    General Aviation fixes and improvements
    Fixed various plane oscillation and overshoot AP related issues
    Fixed station ID visible on Garmin displays despite being not received by aircraft
    Fixed issue in Garmin avionics preventing to fly a “direct to” after deleting the current flight plan
    Aviat Pitts Special S2S: fixed turn coordinator not working correctly
    Cessna Citation CJ4: fixed issues with displays not updating or freezing in certain situations
    Cessna Citation CJ4: fixed right engine ITT red line badly placed
    Cessna Citation CJ4: fixed missing last leg of a flight plan when finishing at a point of interest
    Cessna Citation CJ4: fixed aircraft not intercepting and tracking VOR when NAV mode is engaged
    Cessna Citation CJ4: fixed impossibility to turn yaw damper on
    Cessna Citation Longitude: fixed incorrect fuel tank capacity
    Cessna Citation Longitude: tweaked thrust settings
    Cessna Citation Longitude: fixed aircraft empty weight and center lift
    Tweaked fuel flow and ITT for Cessna Citation CJ4 and Longitude
    Zlin Savage Cub: fixed too high oil pressure
    Zlin Shock Ultra: fixed leading-edge slats incorrectly linked to flaps
    Zlin Savage cub: fixed copilot not pulling the choke lever during starting engine procedure
    Flight Design CTLS: fixed issue preventing validation of checklist step during starting engine procedure
    Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: fixed issue making the plane banking to the right when enabling AP
    Daher TBM 930: fixed inconsistency between overspeed stripe on PFD and backup display
    Beechcraft Bonanza G36: tweaked performances
    Beechcraft Bonanza G36: tweaked manifold efficiency
    Fixed spoilers too low deflection for Cessna Citation CJ4 and Pipistrel Virus SW121
    Diamond DV20: drag and power adjustment
    Extra 330LT: tweaked handling
    Airliners shared fixes and improvements
    Fixed radio frequencies not updating when changing them via the ATC window
    Fixed old path not disappearing when changing flight plan in a direct-to situation
    Improved radar altitude value refresh rate
    Fixed waypoints sometimes appearing twice on PFD or navigation displays
    Fixed duplicate waypoints in FMC / MCDU
    Fixed various presentation and flow issues in FMC / MCDU
    Fixed various graphic glitches in cockpit
    Added various missing labels and stickers in cockpits
    Fixed various cockpit model graphic details
    Fixed various cockpit backlight issues
    Fixed various issues related to the FMA
    Fixed autopilot oscillations in certain conditions
    Fixed multiple “direct to” issues
    Fixed incorrect speed trend vector behavior
    Fixed various tooltips issues
    Fixed various issues with Mach management
    Boeing airliners
    Fixed various flow issues when navigating in FMC
    Fixed yoke obstructing view depending on selected camera
    Added FMC “PROG” page
    Fixed seat belt sign switches not working (manual mode only)
    Fixed radio / minimums / MDA selector not working
    Fixed delta pressure on EICAS incorrectly displayed
    Fixed missing altitude target markers on altitude tape when set above or below visible range
    Fixed autobrake selector jumping to the most left or right positions when changing the setting quickly
    Fixed LNAV ignoring arrival part of the flight plan in certain conditions
    Fixed audio landing gear GPWS alert not being played when needed
    Fixed discrepancies between world map flight plan and FMC/MCDU flight plan
    Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
    Fixed limit markers on N1 gauges
    Fixed missing ILS frequency set when starting a flight on arrival
    Removed dashes displayed in the N2 value field when engines are not started
    Fixed OAT indication in FMC perf INIT page
    Fixed missing trim numeric value displayed on EICAS
    Fixed wrong knob controlling FMC brightness
    Fixed current Mach and target Mach values on speed tape not matching
    Fixed IAS/MACH speed window on MCP remaining displayed when VNAV mode is engaged
    Fixed various issues with landing gear model
    Fixed missing EGT red start limit on EICAS
    Fixed N2 green bar missing on EICAS during start sequence
    Fixed incorrect start mode indications on EICAS during start sequence
    Fixed incorrect stabilizer trim green band placement on EICAS
    Fixed incorrect spoilers deploying during turns
    Fixing issues with the plane flying above the glideslope in certain conditions
    Fixed incorrect climb rate after take-off with VNAV enabled
    Fixed too high fuel consumption
    Fixed AP incorrectly tracking knots instead of Mach after Mach switch
    Fixed missing command N1 indicator bar on EICAS
    Fixed backup baro knob not switching to standard altitude when pressed
    Fixed missing heater switch on copilot side
    Fixed N1 slight oscillations
    Fixed max rudder values to 10 instead of 35
    Fixed compass model not matching reality
    Fixed EEC switches incorrect default state
    Fixed plane leveling off too early before reaching target altitude
    Fixed flaps and slats deployment and retraction logics
    Fixed switching to descent phase too early and corresponding managed speeds
    Fixed Gross Weight field in FMC PERF INIT page
    Fixed impossibility to set Zero Fuel Weight and reserve values in FMC PERF INIT page
    Tweaked fuel flow when throttle is adjusted
    Increased suspensions viscosity
    Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
    Removed info incorrectly displayed when engines are not started
    Fixed HUD horizon line not aligning with real horizon
    Fixed APU fault light behavior issues
    Fixed center tank fuel not going to lateral tanks when conditions are met
    Fixed spoiler lever incorrect default state
    Fixed AT button incorrectly lit by default
    Fixed transition speed after take-off
    Fixed TOGA mode engaging issue
    Fixed altitude target possibility to be set to negative values
    Fixed color and lighting issues on the HUD
    Fixed various autothrottle issues
    Fixed missing dividing lines on displays
    Fixed missing magenta highlight on previous and next page FMC buttons
    Fixed EXEC button not lighting up when needed
    Fixed master warning and master caution buttons labeling
    Fixed wind speed arrow color on ND
    Fixed vertical speed color not changing according to current value
    Fixed local time displayed in FMC instead of UTC time
    Fixed missing wind arrow on PFD
    Removed red chevrons on the FMC pitch ladder
    Fixed wind wrongly reported on displays while on ground
    Fixed airspeed box not highlighted in amber according to current airspeed
    Fixed AP incorrectly switching to LOC/FAC mode after capturing glideslope
    Fixed display format issues when pressing L / R switches
    Fixed VSD button not marked as INOP
    Fixed issues with cursor selection on navigation display
    Fixed flaps that can be incorrectly extended above FL200
    Fixed autobrake possibility to be set on RTO while airborne
    Fixed MCP windows going dark in certain conditions during flight
    Fixed incorrect fuel tank quantities
    Fixed heading target line on ND frozen when heading hold mode is active
    Fixed crossfeed valve open by default
    Fixed issue preventing to change Zero Fuel Weight value in FMC
    Fixed flickering shadows in certain conditions
    Fixed aircraft overshooting speed target with VNAV enabled
    Fixed climb rate too high after take-off with VNAV enabled
    Fixed auto brake remaining active despite manual braking applied
    Fixed impossibility to move throttle levers when engines are not running
    Fixed missing or badly placed screws on various panels
    Fixed fire panel switches bad default state
    Fixing bulk switch bad default state
    Fixed discrepancies between overhead panel switches states and lights
    Fixed missing VS/FPA not displayed in MCP corresponding window
    Fixed flaps speed marker issues
    Fixed compass slightly not aligned with current heading
    Fixed missing MIC field on PFD
    Missing mismatch between PFD and MFD wind indications
    Fixed arrows displayed instead of diamonds on localizer and glideslope scales
    Fixed descent phase activation issue and corresponding managed speeds
    Fixed incorrect target speeds during initial climb
    Fixed too small font size on MCP displays
    Fixed active VHF frequency on PFD
    Airbus A320Neo
    Holding MCDU clear button now deletes entire scratchpad line
    Fixed predicted time in MCDU
    Seat belt and no smoking sign selectors now working in manual mode
    Improved MCDU display logic for cost index page in INIT page
    Approach altitude transition field is now automatically filled up regarding the destination airport
    Fixed THR RED / ACC indications in MCDU Init section
    Fixed “NO TRANS”, “NO STAR”, “NO VIAS” not displayed correctly
    Fixed constraint on navigation display blinking in certain conditions
    Fixed waypoints marking incorrect colors on navigation display
    Fixed wrong transponder code set by default when starting a flight
    Fixed issues with Alpha and stall speeds
    Tweaked FLX power settings
    Improved flight director behavior
    Fixed missing heading target value on navigation display and PFD
    Fixed aircraft not flying green dot speed, F speed or S speed when conditions are met
    Fixed spoilers too low max deflection
    Fixed FMA AP mode colors
    Fixed heading bug remaining displayed despite FCU heading window being empty
    Fixed autobrake LOW decel lights always activated whatever the selected autobrake level
    Fixed MCDU frozen after multiple flight plan changes
    Fixed slats indication not aligned with dot on ECAM
    Fixed issues with spoilers incorrectly deploying / retracting after landing
    Fixed climb incorrectly resuming on its own instead of remaining to current flight level after leveling off
    Fixed unrealistic parking brake selector animation
    Fixed incorrect N1 value in cruise
    Fixed rudder trim “R” font issue on pedestal display
    Fixed spoiler surfaces not correctly aligned
    Fixed engine starters default incorrect positions when spawning on the runway
    Fixed MCDU not switching to DES phase when it should
    Fixed managed target speed issues with flaps out
    FIXED ETA not being updated in MCDU
    Fixed SRS mode incorrect target speed
    Fixed intermediate altitude constraints not showing on PFD
    Fixed incorrect course shown in MCDU RAD/NAV page for LOC/ILS
    Fixed constraints decimal issues on navigation display
    Fixed issue with unlimited fuel assistance preventing aircraft shutdown
    Fixed fuel crossfeed valve switch default states
    Fixed radio screens going black when camera is close from pedestal
    Fixed approach speeds
    Fixed fly by wire error causing insufficient pitching during turns
    Tweaked thrust performance and fuel consumption
    Fixed ECAM too small font size
    Fixed V1 marker on speed tape
    Fixed various autothrottle issues
    KNOWN ISSUES
    Aircraft can crash when landing on frozen water. You can activate the No crash mode in the dev mode menu to avoid crashes in this situation.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Don't forget the ability to look around in VR in a luxurious ~30 FPS!

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Yeah I’m excited but that the same time know it won’t be smooth enough to really enjoy.

I doubt even a 3090 can push 90fps, I guess 45fps in reprojection is possible.

Dixon on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    The videos ive seen a 3090, with new i9 etc, can push 60fps on ultra/all settings in 4k. So perhaps it can get close.

So far ive done a flight in the finally fixed longitude and it flies smoothly. Flew from vancouver bc to seattle and no bouncing in flight at all and the gas usage was right. The engines on that plane are ridiculous though. The 787-10 has some quirks and still is barebones. Going to wait for the a32nx project updates I imagine that will be very smooth. Going to try a 747 flight next. One nice thing about the 787-10 flight so far has been no need to autothrottle bug fix. Alt changes and speed changes are accurate. But still strange behavior if you change speed to a climb.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    The 747 flies pretty clean too now. They are making solid improvements so still high hopes they can fix it up good.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Wow that cannonball run looks like a great idea (and good turnout). I wish he'd listed the planes on the results table. Looks like the two people who won by a couple hours did it all (17 hrs) in the no autopilot Pitts. Sheesh!

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMlE9WWxdKg

Britain and Ireland update is out. 24 gigs.

• Options
    https://www.flightsimulator.com/release-notes-1-14-5-0/

Sim Update III is out now. 10gigs.

• Options
    Legacy aircraft liveries? Unexpected but welcome.

Asobo and Xbox GS have had a pretty darn consistent rate with these upgrades and update (large as they are). I'm impressed.