As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Want to make a Village battlemap

DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
Hey, everyone! I'm running a frontier style 5e campaign where the players are, in part, establishing a village. I'd like to be able to create a gridded battlements of their village, both to make expanding and improving it more exciting and give the chance to fight and defend it. There's a ton of tools but I haven't found one I love yet. Does anyone have a recommendation?

What is this I don't even.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dungeondraft / Wonderdraft are fantastic, depending on whether you want something aimed at 5' squares or more like armies-and-counters.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Dungeondraft / Wonderdraft are fantastic, depending on whether you want something aimed at 5' squares or more like armies-and-counters.

If you're scratch-building everything, Inkscape has been my go-to for that kind of thing for a while now, but a lot of the available tools make things a lot easier.

• Options
    I just want to plop some pre-fab buildings, fences, paths, fires, etc. down. Dungeondraft may be my best bet though it seems like I'll need to pay $20 and then also a buck somewhere for an asset pack.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    The _____draft software has been on and off humble bundle for a while. If you can wait I bet it will come up again.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    So, I bought Dungeondraft. And I knew it had crashing issues but, you know, I tried to save around it.

And then I got into the groove, and I lost about two hours worth of work. And boy howdy am I salty right now.

Edit: they added an automated function sometime after launch, because of the crashing issues. Only lost 10 minutes.

Darkewolfe on