Options

[OOC] Exalted: Silver Seas. We're recruiting!

• Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    xD if it gets picked up later(say when our Wave Mother goes to Essence 3) then we'll have a HUGE behemothic creature that can eat a Deathlord.

Of course at that point the Deathlord will chop out of the stomach and that won't go well, but it can be done!

See, though, that's the point.

It'll take him at least a few rounds to cut himself out of the Lunar! So by then, we'll be sailing away and his ship will be on fire!

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ...but the Deathlord will be inside one of our Lunars. I imagine the Lunar would be on our boat.

Hmm. Flowing Body Evasion versus chopping your way out of your stomach with a Soulsteel Daiklave? Perfect Defenses are amazing!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, they can probably alter the shape of their insides too.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    It's still a hilarious image, though.

"Let me out! *superdeathlordunblockablestomachsplittingcombo*"

"No! FLOWING BODY EVASION!"

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    ...but the Deathlord will be inside one of our Lunars. I imagine the Lunar would be on our boat.

Hmm. Flowing Body Evasion versus chopping your way out of your stomach with a Soulsteel Daiklave? Perfect Defenses are amazing!

Well, technically, if he's as big as a behemoth he'd have to be swimming since he'd be larger than our boat.

And if he used Flowing Steel Evasion I'd kick him in his face because that'd RELEASE the Deathlord to kill us! Bad bad BAD LUNAR! No piddling walking dead guys into the ocean!

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well I caved in and opted to toss a point in Conviction, it's kind of hard to resist the lure of 18 motes of Personal and 40 of Peripheral.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I have 17 motes tied up in artifacts. Starting to wonder if running with the Jade Chakram might not be such a good idea. But it is so awesome >_<

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I have 17 motes tied up in artifacts. Starting to wonder if running with the Jade Chakram might not be such a good idea. But it is so awesome >_<

I'd suggest checking out Oadenol's, Wonder of the Lost Age, and maybe some of the weapons at the back of the Scroll of the Monk to see if you can find a better Thrown weapon.

Because you are getting suckered committing 10 motes on the Infinite Jade Chakram. An Orcichalcum Vajra (back of Scroll of the Monk) might work better for ya.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »

I'd suggest checking out Oadenol's, Wonder of the Lost Age, and maybe some of the weapons at the back of the Scroll of the Monk to see if you can find a better Thrown weapon.

Because you are getting suckered committing 10 motes on the Infinite Jade Chakram. An Orcichalcum Vajra (back of Scroll of the Monk) might work better for ya.

Nice weapon, that.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Nice weapon, that.

Truthfully I can't remember if it is or not, no access to my books where I am at the moment, but it can't be worse than the Infinite Jade Chakram and it does return to the wielder as I recall.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Nice weapon, that.

Truthfully I can't remember if it is or not, no access to my books where I am at the moment, but it can't be worse than the Infinite Jade Chakram and it does return to the wielder as I recall.

Vajra: Speed 5, Acc +3, +6L/+10L, Rate 1, Range 50, Attune 5, Tags: L

Infinite Jade Chakram: Speed 4, Acc +0, +4L, Rate 4, Range 50, Attine 5, Tags (returns instantly)

the Vajra returns to the wielder, but a target may attempt to restrain it in a contested roll between his Strength+Athletics and the thrower's Strength+Thrown. A failure could even carry the target back to the thrower, which could be unpleasant for everyone involved. The Infinite jade Chakram, on the other hand, never actually leaves your hand, and has a significantly higher Rate.

The damage after the slash for the Vajra is, due to it being a Lance type weapon, the damage infliucted when it is used charging or braced against a charge. so in normal use, you'll get two more levels of damage, but you can only use it once per action, wheras the Jade Chakram you get three more hits but at less damage... and the weapon must be made out of Jade, wheras the Vajra could be made out of any of the Five Magical Materials. Additionally, the Vajra has three points of Accuracy versus the Chakram's none, so you can potentially deal out a total of 5 more levels of damage with a thrown Vajra.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    What are the bonuses of Orichalcum to thrown weapons? Because if it increases Rate at all, then the Jade Chakram really has squat to stand on next to the Vajra.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    For Thrown, it's +1 accuracy, +1 damage, and an extra 10 yards range.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Not bad at all. The Rate issue is a bit worrisome but can be ignored if A) There's plenty of Thrown charms that give extra attacks, I seem to recalls such but, ya know, Thrown. Nobody pays attention to Thrown. Or B) We can find something better still in Oadenol's/Wonders. I'm pretty sure Oadenol's has got jack squat for Thrown though.

Edit: Cynic, I just noticed you have a Valor of 1. Hahahahaha

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Why do you think he's using a ranged weapon? =)

Hmm, looking at the Typhoon wheel in Scroll of the Monk, it seems it could be a suitable replacement for Infinite Jade Chakrams. With Orichalcum, they're speed 4, Acc 3, damage 5, rate 2 and you get two for the price of one. Passing a difficulty 2 dex+thrown roll to have it return shouldn't be too hard =)

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Hmm, looking at the Typhoon wheel in Scroll of the Monk, it seems it could be a suitable replacement for Infinite Jade Chakrams. With Orichalcum, they're speed 4, Acc 3, damage 5, rate 2 and you get two for the price of one. Passing a difficulty 2 dex+thrown roll to have it return shouldn't be too hard =)

Just so you know, that if you ever fail that roll we will never let you live it down. EVER.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My dude will jump off a cliff in despair.

In all seriousness, the Typhoon Wheels would be pretty badass, but they're Scroll of the Monk, so they'll need clearing by Rainfall.

Click spoilers for staaaaats
    TYPHOON WHEEL (ARTIFACT •)
    The typhoon wheel is an oversized shuriken, about a foot across. Since the wielder must throw a typhoon
    wheel, this weapon never carries a hearthstone setting. A typhoon wheel returns to an Exalted wielder if it
    misses. If the player succeeds on a second, reflexive (Dexterity + Thrown) roll at difficulty 2, it returns after
    a strike. Failure leaves the weapon stuck where it hit. Typhoon wheels typically occur in pairs.

Speed 4 | Accuracy +2 | Damage +4L | Rate 2 | Range 50 | Min Dex 3/Str 1 | Attune 3 | Cost 1 | Tags: Nada

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

True, although you'd lose the hearthstone setting/.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

True, although you'd lose the hearthstone setting/.

Still got a hearthstone setting on one of my bracers though.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My dude will jump off a cliff in despair.

In all seriousness, the Typhoon Wheels would be pretty badass, but they're Scroll of the Monk, so they'll need clearing by Rainfall.

Click spoilers for staaaaats
    TYPHOON WHEEL (ARTIFACT •)
    The typhoon wheel is an oversized shuriken, about a foot across. Since the wielder must throw a typhoon
    wheel, this weapon never carries a hearthstone setting. A typhoon wheel returns to an Exalted wielder if it
    misses. If the player succeeds on a second, reflexive (Dexterity + Thrown) roll at difficulty 2, it returns after
    a strike. Failure leaves the weapon stuck where it hit. Typhoon wheels typically occur in pairs.

Speed 4 | Accuracy +2 | Damage +4L | Rate 2 | Range 50 | Min Dex 3/Str 1 | Attune 3 | Cost 1 | Tags: Nada

Seems reasonable, since you're having trouble finding a non SotM Thrown weapon, I'll let this pass.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'd say an Attunement cost of 3 is a hell of a lot better than the 10 you were blowing away. Lookin' gooooood.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Seems reasonable, since you're having trouble finding a non SotM Thrown weapon, I'll let this pass.

Much thanks. Many thanks.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So am I the only one without an artifact weapon of some kind?

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

You could totally chop off your hands and have them replaced with oricalchum fists!

And this is like the only game where that might even work... *L* Well, one of a few.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Yes.

Go figure!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Plutonium doesn't have one.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    But it means that I get to name the boat. Four dots well spent, and I get to guilt you guys into giving me loot.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Alright, here's what I've got now:
    Name: Wave Mother (formerly Nemani Sote) Concept: Barbarian Protector
    Caste: Casteless (and dancing fairly close to Chimera territory)
    Motivation: Wave Mother is determined to protect the western seas.
    Anima: Dependent on the phase of the Moon
    Spirit Shape: Crab
    Tell: Nemani's skin is covered with large patches of red pigment, mimicing the segmented shell of a crab.

Attributes:
    Strength (F): 4 | Dexterity: 2 | Stamina (F): 5
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 3 | Wits: 3
    Charisma: 3 | Manipulation: 1 | Appearance: 3

Abilities:
    Martial Arts 3 | Resistance (F) 3 | Survival (F) 2 |
    Integrity 3 | Athletics 2 | Dodge 2 | Presence 2 |
    Awareness 2 | Sail 1 | Occult 2 | Lore 1 | Craft (Wood) 2 |

Backgrounds:
    Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Reinforced Buff Jacket)
    Soak: +7L/10B | Hardness: 5L/5B | Mobility: -0 | Fatigue: 0 | Attune: 3 |

Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Razor Claws)
    Speed: 5 | Accuracy: +6 | Damage: +5L | Defense: +4 | Rate: 3 | Attune: 6 |

Heart's Blood 1
    Seagull
    Shark

Influence (Winds Rest) 2

Virtues:
    Compassion: 3
    Conviction: 2
    Temperance: 1
    Valor: 3
    Virtue Flaw: The Curse of the Mother Hen

Willpower: 6
    Essence: 2
    Personal Essence: 14/14
    Peripheral Essence: 32/32

Knacks:

Deadly Beastman Transformation (Armored Hide: 4B/4L soak, +4 dice to Survival; Gills)

Charms:

Second Stamina Excellency (Add automatic successes to a die roll. 2m/success.)

Ox Body Technique (Four extra -2 Health Levels.)

Ox Body Technique (Two extra -1 Health Levels.)

Steadfast Yeddim Meditation

Relentless Lunar Fury (Add one success to all combat related rolls, ignore -1 wound penalties, and may activate any Fury-OK Charm effects at the same time as Relentless Lunar Fury for 2 extra motes per effect.)

Western Mastery Technique (Breathe at any depth of water, may not be harmed by venoms of creatures of the sea or by schools of dangerous fish.)

Bruise-Relief Method (Heal one level of bashing damage/mote. Commit 2 motes when using Deadly Beastman Transformation in order to regenerate one level of bashing damage reflexively each action.)

Hide-Toughening Essence (1 mote per 2/B 2/L Soak)

Armor-Forming Technique (3B/3L/1A per mote.)

I still have five bonus points left, I'm thinking an extra point of Compassion, and a Tiger Claw specialty for Martial Arts, which leaves me with one point.

Rainfall, how do you feel about the Large Pox from page 288? It fits well with the character (who was already going to be on the big side) and with all her shifting it makes sense that she would've picked up at least one mutation.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You can't take Large for DBT, part of the Knack description.

Edit: Oh wait, you mean for the CHARACTER. Haha, I suck. Page 101 has bonus point costs for purchasing Wyld Mutations, Large would only cost you 1 point. 'Tis within the rules.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Alright, here's what I've got now:
    Name: Wave Mother (formerly Nemani Sote) Concept: Barbarian Protector
    Caste: Casteless (and dancing fairly close to Chimera territory)
    Motivation: Wave Mother is determined to protect the western seas.
    Anima: Dependent on the phase of the Moon
    Spirit Shape: Crab
    Tell: Nemani's skin is covered with large patches of red pigment, mimicing the segmented shell of a crab.

Attributes:
    Strength (F): 4 | Dexterity: 2 | Stamina (F): 5
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 3 | Wits: 3
    Charisma: 3 | Manipulation: 1 | Appearance: 3

Abilities:
    Martial Arts 3 | Resistance (F) 3 | Survival (F) 2 |
    Integrity 3 | Athletics 2 | Dodge 2 | Presence 2 |
    Awareness 2 | Sail 1 | Occult 2 | Lore 1 | Craft (Wood) 2 |

Backgrounds:
    Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Reinforced Buff Jacket)
    Soak: +7L/10B | Hardness: 5L/5B | Mobility: -0 | Fatigue: 0 | Attune: 3 |

Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Razor Claws)
    Speed: 5 | Accuracy: +6 | Damage: +5L | Defense: +4 | Rate: 3 | Attune: 6 |

Heart's Blood 1
    Seagull
    Shark

Influence (Winds Rest) 2

Virtues:
    Conviction: 2
    Temperance: 1
    Valor: 3
    Virtue Flaw: The Curse of the Mother Hen

Essence: 2
    Personal Essence: 14/14
    Peripheral Essence: 32/32

Knacks:

Deadly Beastman Transformation (Armored Hide: 4B/4L soak, +4 dice to Survival; Gills)

Charms:

Second Stamina Excellency (Add automatic successes to a die roll. 2m/success.)

Ox Body Technique (Four extra -2 Health Levels.)

Ox Body Technique (Two extra -1 Health Levels.)

Steadfast Yeddim Meditation

Relentless Lunar Fury (Add one success to all combat related rolls, ignore -1 wound penalties, and may activate any Fury-OK Charm effects at the same time as Relentless Lunar Fury for 2 extra motes per effect.)

Western Mastery Technique (Breathe at any depth of water, may not be harmed by venoms of creatures of the sea or by schools of dangerous fish.)

Bruise-Relief Method (Heal one level of bashing damage/mote. Commit 2 motes when using Deadly Beastman Transformation in order to regenerate one level of bashing damage reflexively each action.)

Hide-Toughening Essence (1 mote per 2/B 2/L Soak)

Armor-Forming Technique (3B/3L/1A per mote.)

I still have five bonus points left, I'm thinking an extra point of Compassion, and a Tiger Claw specialty for Martial Arts, which leaves me with one point.

Rainfall, how do you feel about the Large Pox from page 288? It fits well with the character (who was already going to be on the big side) and with all her shifting it makes sense that she would've picked up at least one mutation.
    Good idea for spending bonus points. More willpower, more compassion for channeling, and a bigger essence pool, plus more dice for your attack/defense pools off the specialty. You might want to consider putting two points into that specialty. Or make Martial Arts favored, and get 2-for-1.

I find it difficult to believe that there's not a charm or knack you could take other than that Ox Body Technique for the two -1 levels.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Thanatos, I SEEK THY ADVICE. With my Lunar I've been focusing on PDV primarily, I can get it pretty high (a 9 is what I can manage currently in DBT, 8 without). Should I just say fuck it and dump what points I've got in Dodge into other things altogether or keep them there in case of things I can't Parry?

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Thanatos, I SEEK THY ADVICE. With my Lunar I've been focusing on PDV primarily, I can get it pretty high (a 9 is what I can manage currently in DBT, 8 without). Should I just say fuck it and dump what points I've got in Dodge into other things altogether or keep them there in case of things I can't Parry?
    If you can finagle an extra die to melee out of those two in Dodge, I totally would. Actually, personally, I probably would, anyhow, even if it just meant sticking two in something else. With the Manipulation excellency, I'd probably spend them on social abilities.

Did you actually spend bonus points on Willpower? Because you're way, way better off spending them on virtues. In fact, if I were you, I'd take those four points, spend one on upping a virtue, and spend the other with the spare on something I'm PMing you, because your fellow players shouldn't know about it. :P

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Uh, if anyone else wants a consultation, feel free to ask.

Fiaryn is going to be a fucking beast.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh wise moderator and master of all things exalted, fix my nooby ur-character so that I will not fail miserably and be chewed by zombies.

Current Character Sheet:
    Name: Mnemon Gemini
    Concept: Astrological Thaumaturge turned Solar
    Caste: Twilight
    Motivation: Gemini is on a quest of introspection in a search for meaning, and is living life one day at a time
    Anima: Twin helixes of rainbow energy currents ring Gemini, and his clothing ripples and glows, as though blowing in a divine wind.

Attributes:
    Strength: 2 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 3
    Charisma: 2 | Manipulation: 2 | Appearance: 3
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 5 | Wits: 3

Abilities:

Melee 1 | War 2 | Athletics 1 | Awareness 1 | Dodge 4
    Larceny 1 | Stealth 4 | Bureaucracy 1 | Sail 4 |
    Investigation 3 | Lore 3 | Medicine 4 | Occult 5

Backgrounds:
    Artifact (Moonsilver Breastplate taken off a dead Lunar): 3
    Resources (His Ship): 3
    Followers (The Ship's Crew): 1

Virtues:
    Temperance: 3
    Conviction: 1
    Valor: 2
    Virtue Flaw: Guilt

Essence: 3
    Personal Essence: 15/15
    Peripheral Essence: 36/36

Specialties: Occult - Astrological Thaumaturgy
    Linguistics: High Realm, Old Realm

Charms:

Terrestrial Circle Sorcery

First Occult Excellency - 1 m per die, Instant, - Add dice, Max = Attribute + Ability

Infinite Occult Mastery - 2m+, 1 wp, One scene, - Excellency cost reduced by 1m per 2m spent

Easily Overlooked Presence Method - 3m, One Scene, - All Awareness and Investigation checks against my character fail unless he's joined in battle or the observer has a minimum 2-die bonus from circumstances

Shadow over Water - 1m, instant, reflexive - ignore all dodge DV penalties, dodge is still 0 in undodgeable attack, but no further penalties are taken.

Seven Shadows Evasion - 3m, instant, reflexive - perfect dodge, cannot dodge unexpected attacks.

Wholeness-Restoring Meditation - Touch - Cure any crippling effect

Flawless Diagnosis Technique - 1 m, Reflexive Instant - Accurately diagnose any condition

Calling the Wind's Kiss - 10 m +2 motes per additional hour (Maximum: +20), Terrestrial - Sailing vessel - Fills a target ship’s sails with a powerful wind sufficient to drive it forward at its maximum speed without Sacrificing handling or safety, and also ignoring currents or small storms.

Thunder Wolf's Howl - 10 m, Terrestrial - 20 yards in diameter, up to 100 yards away, shock smashes fragile object, pulps internal organs, cannot be parried or dodged, ignores armor, Caster rolls (Occult + Intellegence) to inflict bashing damage (Essences + Successes), inanimate objects and the undead receive half damage, all living creatures in effect are deafened and disoriented, (-2 on all actions for 5 ticks/success on casting roll) all exalted or essence wielders may attempt reflexive roll (stamina + resistance) to reduce disorientation by 5 ticks/success.

Background:
    Born an unexalted bastard child as a consequence of an short-lived romance between a member of House Mnemon and House Ledaal, both families were equally embarrassed and decided to hush up any scandal by fostering the baby off to a professor who owed them a favor at the House of the Heavenly Guided Path. There, it was discovered that some strange talent must have manifested itself in his bloodline, for in his youth he mastered the art of Astrological Thaumaturgy, at first besting students years of study ahead of him, and soon afterwards succeeding where many of the professors would fail - performing greater divinations and even gaining some minor control over the direction of the winds.

When war broke out between the Realm and the Haslanti League, he was conscripted and trained as a Medic, though when the military found out about his abilities with divination, he was assigned to a squad with five of the best archers, swordsmen, and sappers pulled from the ranks. Covert missions become downright simple, once you know beforehand which guards will fall asleep, which patrol routes will be taken, and when your arrows wound never be blown off course. His squad quickly became a sort of family for Gemini, a replacement for the brothers he had never had.

However, one fateful night six years into the campaign during a covert mission in one of the nine cities, they were ambushed by the one thing that could not be predicted - A Lunar mercenary who had been tracking the unit for the past few months. Just as Gemini willed every ounce of his energy into an attempt to shift the air currents in some futile move of desperation to throw off the Lunar's aim and balance, a great and uncontrollable power filled him, and instead of the expected short gust of wind, the air around him rapidly compressed and exploded around him in a massive shockwave that crushed the life out of the Lunar, as well as levelling the city and pulpifying any living mortals, including his comrades, leaving only the Lunar's Moonsilver gear.

Distraught at having caused the death of the only family he had ever known, Gemini fled the scene of the disaster and headed west, where he purchased a ship with all of his military savings. Calling it the Constellation, he passed the next three years sailing the trade routes, a skill that came naturally to him, being already grossly proficient in the reading of star-charts, in addition to his newfound power of control over the wind.

Physical Description:
    Gemini is a medium-height twenty-something, and although being in the military kept him in a fit condition, he didn't seem to bulk up in the least, and almost can be described as spindly. His brown hair seems permanently in disarray, like he had just come indoors from a storm, and his dark eyes seem even darker, with deep rings around them, from long stretches of time divining without sleep.

Ideas: Get a point refund on the breastplate, and buy something nice, perhaps a windhands gemstone?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Hey, feel free to go over mine. The concept is that he's studying various ways of manipulating Essence, in hopes of rediscovering First Age methods, and thus he's a Sorceror AND a student of the Celestial Martial Arts Mantis Style.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I'll take any advice I can get on how to be the ultimate badass :)

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Get yourself an Orichalcum Dire Lance for one. ;-)

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Oh wise moderator and master of all things exalted, fix my character so that I will not fail miserably and be chewed by zombies.

Current Character Sheet:
    Name: Mnemon Gemini
    Concept: Astrological Thaumaturge turned Solar
    Caste: Twilight
    Motivation: Gemini is on a quest of introspection in a search for meaning, and is living life one day at a time
    Anima: Twin helixes of rainbow energy currents ring Gemini, and his clothing ripples and glows, as though blowing in a divine wind.

Attributes:
    Strength: 2 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 3
    Charisma: 2 | Manipulation: 2 | Appearance: 3
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 5 | Wits: 3

Abilities:

Melee 1 | War 2 | Athletics 1 | Awareness 1 | Dodge 4
    Larceny 1 | Stealth 4 | Bureaucracy 1 | Sail 4 |
    Investigation 3 | Lore 3 | Medicine 4 | Occult 5

Backgrounds:
    Artifact (Moonsilver Breastplate taken off a dead Lunar): 3
    Resources (His Ship): 3
    Followers (The Ship's Crew): 1

Virtues:
    Temperance: 3
    Conviction: 1
    Valor: 2
    Virtue Flaw: Guilt

Essence: 3
    Personal Essence: 15/15
    Peripheral Essence: 36/36

Specialties: Occult - Astrological Thaumaturgy
    Linguistics: High Realm, Old Realm

Charms:

Terrestrial Circle Sorcery

First Occult Excellency - 1 m per die, Instant, - Add dice, Max = Attribute + Ability

Infinite Occult Mastery - 2m+, 1 wp, One scene, - Excellency cost reduced by 1m per 2m spent

Easily Overlooked Presence Method - 3m, One Scene, - All Awareness and Investigation checks against my character fail unless he's joined in battle or the observer has a minimum 2-die bonus from circumstances

Shadow over Water - 1m, instant, reflexive - ignore all dodge DV penalties, dodge is still 0 in undodgeable attack, but no further penalties are taken.

Seven Shadows Evasion - 3m, instant, reflexive - perfect dodge, cannot dodge unexpected attacks.

Wholeness-Restoring Meditation - Touch - Cure any crippling effect

Flawless Diagnosis Technique - 1 m, Reflexive Instant - Accurately diagnose any condition

Calling the Wind's Kiss - 10 m +2 motes per additional hour (Maximum: +20), Terrestrial - Sailing vessel - Fills a target ship’s sails with a powerful wind sufficient to drive it forward at its maximum speed without Sacrificing handling or safety, and also ignoring currents or small storms.

Thunder Wolf's Howl - 10 m, Terrestrial - 20 yards in diameter, up to 100 yards away, shock smashes fragile object, pulps internal organs, cannot be parried or dodged, ignores armor, Caster rolls (Occult + Intellegence) to inflict bashing damage (Essences + Successes), inanimate objects and the undead receive half damage, all living creatures in effect are deafened and disoriented, (-2 on all actions for 5 ticks/success on casting roll) all exalted or essence wielders may attempt reflexive roll (stamina + resistance) to reduce disorientation by 5 ticks/success.

Background:
    Born an unexalted bastard child as a consequence of an short-lived romance between a member of House Mnemon and House Ledaal, both families were equally embarrassed and decided to hush up any scandal by fostering the baby off to a professor who owed them a favor at the House of the Heavenly Guided Path. There, it was discovered that some strange talent must have manifested itself in his bloodline, for in his youth he mastered the art of Astrological Thaumaturgy, at first besting students years of study ahead of him, and soon afterwards succeeding where many of the professors would fail - performing greater divinations and even gaining some minor control over the direction of the winds.

When war broke out between the Realm and the Haslanti League, he was conscripted and trained as a Medic, though when the military found out about his abilities with divination, he was assigned to a squad with five of the best archers, swordsmen, and sappers pulled from the ranks. Covert missions become downright simple, once you know beforehand which guards will fall asleep, which patrol routes will be taken, and when your arrows wound never be blown off course. His squad quickly became a sort of family for Gemini, a replacement for the brothers he had never had.

However, one fateful night six years into the campaign during a covert mission in one of the nine cities, they were ambushed by the one thing that could not be predicted - A Lunar mercenary who had been tracking the unit for the past few months. Just as Gemini willed every ounce of his energy into an attempt to shift the air currents in some futile move of desperation to throw off the Lunar's aim and balance, a great and uncontrollable power filled him, and instead of the expected short gust of wind, the air around him rapidly compressed and exploded around him in a massive shockwave that crushed the life out of the Lunar, as well as levelling the city and pulpifying any living mortals, including his comrades, leaving only the Lunar's Moonsilver gear.

Distraught at having caused the death of the only family he had ever known, Gemini fled the scene of the disaster and headed west, where he purchased a ship with all of his military savings. Calling it the Constellation, he passed the next three years sailing the trade routes, a skill that came naturally to him, being already grossly proficient in the reading of star-charts, in addition to his newfound power of control over the wind.

Physical Description:
    Gemini is a medium-height twenty-something, and although being in the military kept him in a fit condition, he didn't seem to bulk up in the least, and almost can be described as spindly. His brown hair seems permanently in disarray, like he had just come indoors from a storm, and his dark eyes seem even darker, with deep rings around them, from long stretches of time divining without sleep.

Ideas: Get a point refund on the breastplate, and buy something nice, perhaps a windhands gemstone?
    Before I even really get started:

I don't know where you got the idea that a Breastplate is a 3-dot artifact. It's a 1-dot artifact. :P

Also, until you hit Essence 4, infinite ability mastery isn't really that good. In addition (and this will make you cry), you can't use any charms while shaping sorcery, even if they're part of a combo, so I'm guessing you're going to want to re-think those Occult excellencies (eventually, you'll almost certainly want the first or second excellency and Occult Essence Flow, but not until you hit permanent Essence 4), and you're almost certainly not going to want Infinite Occult Mastery, like, ever, since you can't use it with Occult Essence Flow.

Offhand, it sounds like if you're going to have a dot in a combat ability, Martial Arts would probably fit your character concept better than Melee, because they're much more mental (Melee is largely for Bruiser/Swashbuckler types; Contemplative types are a much better fit for Martial Arts). From the way you describe your concept, you may want to seriously consider bumping your awareness. Also, a few charms you might want to consider: Awareness Excellencies, Surprise Anticipation Method (basically, everything in the Awareness tree), and Invisible Statue Spirit (you've already got the prereq, may as well take it all the way).

I'm sorry to, like, neuter your concept like that. :cry:

Edit: Also, Willpower is even more important to Sorcerers than it is to most other Exalts. I highly recommend bumping some virtues.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    None of those really make a difference in the concept, so they're good suggestions.

A lot of what I took is just stuff that seemed good, I don't really know the system at all.

Rainfall told me the rest. Also, I think it was an artifact breastplate.

*boots up anathema*

Edit: I'm not sure I can fit five points into awareness, though Invisible Spirit Statue seems like it would be handy.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Get yourself an Orichalcum Dire Lance for one. ;-)
    Yeah, I don't know that a Dawn Caste Exalt has ever existed without an artifact weapon. :P

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.