As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Seidkona wrote: »
    Best Buy forces you to pick yours up in person so I ended up trecking down to the SF Best Buy ner me and getting it. Spent a good bit of time last night and only managed to play Maquette and FFVII Remake so far.

lol.

So far really enjoying the system.

As for VR if it's at too high a cost no one will adopt it because the value just isn't there. Especially with Occulus Quest 2 on the scene.

Though I would rather not give Facebook money so I am still waiting on VR and who knows?

Maaan Demon's Souls and Miles Morales are right therrre. I could not abide playing a PS4 game first on my PS5.

Shiny new console requires shiny bells and whistles game. Miles is soooo shiny DS is sooo whistly.

*Shrugs* I'll get to them eventually?

I played borderlands 3 tonight for awhile. Lol.

I'm a weird girl.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Last week the games I played on my PS5 were Spelunky 2 and The Binding of Isaac

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Chance, what if that game was Ghost of Tsushima? :razz:

On the one hand, I kinda agree. Even if you are focusing on a ps4 game first, both of those ps5 games look so good, and really show off the fast load times and performance.

On the other, given the demand / different financial situations, I’d say knowing you have the PS5 for when you’ll need it later (horizon, etc) and (re)enjoying your PS4 games is still valid. Especially with these update patches.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Is the rumble the same for Horizon Zero Dawn as it is on the PS4? Did they update it for the PS5?

Edit: I installed Horizon Zero Dawn Complete on it. The PS5 theme music is kinda depressing.

As far as I know HZD hasn't had any PS5 updates, so you're just playing the PS4 version.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    klemming wrote: »
    Is the rumble the same for Horizon Zero Dawn as it is on the PS4? Did they update it for the PS5?

Edit: I installed Horizon Zero Dawn Complete on it. The PS5 theme music is kinda depressing.

As far as I know HZD hasn't had any PS5 updates, so you're just playing the PS4 version.

It seems like it runs better. I was impressed with the detail. Maybe I have been playing too many PS1 games.

I was wondering if the controller effects are the same.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I think they updated HZD to run better on the pro version of the PS4, so that might be why it looks better? did you have a pro or a regular before?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    azith28 wrote: »
    I think they updated HZD to run better on the pro version of the PS4, so that might be why it looks better? did you have a pro or a regular before?

I have a pro. I noticed my saves didn't port over. Is there a way to get them from the cloud?

Edit: I see a way to do it.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I don't know if HZD had a consistent locked 30fps before, but I assume the PS5 would at least avoid any framerate drops. But the game is locked to max 30fps afaik, because that's what they designed it assuming it would max out at (a lot of the glitches on the PC version seemed to be linked to that).
    They might make a PS5 update for it, but I think it's more likely they're focussed on the sequel.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Ghost of Tsushima is the best PS exclusive game ever made. There. I said it.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Does that one already have DLC? I thought I heard something about that.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular

There's a multiplayer wave defense kinda DLC.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I liked ghost of Tsushima a lot at the start but kinda burned out on it halfway through and never finished . the gameplay loop got kinda boring for me , combat was way too easy even on hard and the story didn’t grab me. Beautiful game though and I’m sure the story was great for people with an interest in Japanese history

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Beautiful game though and I’m sure the story was great for people with an interest in Japanese history
    My interest in Japanese history actively interfered with my engagement with the story.

It definitely was beautiful, though.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    The combat, the visuals, the story... Everything grabbed me and never let go. So much so that I got my 2nd platinum trophy on it and I actually didn't have to try too hard to get it. By the end I had just about everything done anyway.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I dunno about best exclusive game overall but I think it's probably the prettiest game on the PS4.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    I bought wrc 9 on the current sale and it’s hands down the best haptic/trigger use I’ve seen on the ps5; you can feel the change in your tire grip when moving from gravel to asphalt; feel when your brakes start locking up in the triggers and when you’re nearing your rev limit and need to shift.... unfortunately despite being a racing sim fan for 20+ years I’ve somehow never tried really and it turns out I find the single car on track while a navigator yammers at you format boring as fuck so.... yeah... :( but still I found the controller use more impressive than even astros

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Itd be neat to see the controller haptics used for a game segment where you can't see and have to navigate by feel. I think a whole game couldn't carry the concept but say if a character was temporarily blinded or is in a deep unlit cave, that sort of thing

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Any decent 2 player games for ps5 out? I’d like something to play with my husband - in the past he’s been most interested in stardew valley and animal crossing when we played games together

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is the PS5 4k and does the PS gold headset work with the PS5?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Is the PS5 4k and does the PS gold headset work with the PS5?

Depending on the game but basically yes. And yes.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The PS5 is not only 4k, it's also theoretically 8k, though I don't think any games currently utilize it.

Not that it much matters, because the jump to 4k is only noticeable under very specific circumstances, and 8k is going to basically require you to be sitting 5 feet from a 100" screen.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Any decent 2 player games for ps5 out? I’d like something to play with my husband - in the past he’s been most interested in stardew valley and animal crossing when we played games together
    Nothing PS5 specific that I know of but there are a few co-op games recently released for PS4 that work fine. We Were Here (and sequels) are pretty fun and we're looking forward to It Takes Two next week.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Sackboy is the best co op game on ps5 imo; based on your previous liked games I’d check out don’t starve together for ps4 though

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Godfall is multiplayer and PS5 specific - though i don't know if it does couch co-op.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Sackboy is great for casual co-op fun. There’s also a new version of Overcooked for PS5, which is basically just Overcooked 2 with online or something.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Sackboy is great for casual co-op fun. There’s also a new version of Overcooked for PS5, which is basically just Overcooked 2 with online or something.

No, Overcooked All You Can Eat is better than that. It's Overcooked 1 + DLC upgraded with all of 2's features, plus Overcooked 2 and all of its DLC.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Godfall is multiplayer and PS5 specific - though i don't know if it does couch co-op.

Please, don't play Godfall.

Don't give them a reason to make another one.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I wanted to be interested in that game, premise sounded really cool. All of the video footage I've seen made it look boring and not interesting. Same with Avengers unfortunately.

• Options

I wanted to be interested in that game, premise sounded really cool. All of the video footage I've seen made it look boring and not interesting. Same with Avengers unfortunately.

Godfall is very pretty but holy hell everything else maxes out at mediocre at best. The story is something worse than what my son could come up with.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

Godfall is very pretty but holy hell everything else maxes out at mediocre at best. The story is something worse than what my son could come up with.

It's a pretty looter slasher that's definitely an OK at best. I do enjoy it, but it's definitely weaker than it should have been.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    I played some Miles Morales. Kinda like it better than the previous game.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Godfall is promising but was clearly rushed to hit PS5 launch. It's a buggy mess and the story/systems seem like a lot ended up on the cutting room floor. It's still fun to play though. They're still updating it to fix the bugs but it still lacks the substance of a $90 game. It is, however, unbelievably pretty.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Ooof; ps5 hard crashed while I was playing wrc9 (you improperly turned off the console blah blah, no
    You improperly turned off yourself)and ate my entire save file for it; said it was removed due to corruption after booting back up. That’s the first time a consoles done that to me...ever... and I’ve had em all since the NES

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    So, played Remnant: From the Ashes on my PS5 and the loads are so fast, you can't even read the quotes on the death screen. It played great. It stressed me out to no end, so I had to put it aside, but I see now, why folks liked that game.

I can't wait to see what they do with a from the ground up PS5 game.

• Options
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    So, played Remnant: From the Ashes on my PS5 and the loads are so fast, you can't even read the quotes on the death screen. It played great. It stressed me out to no end, so I had to put it aside, but I see now, why folks liked that game.

I can't wait to see what they do with a from the ground up PS5 game.

We don't even have one of those yet do we? It's kind of amazing that we're almost 6 months into the release and playing old games that came out on the PS4 lol

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    This gen launch for both bone x and p5 has had the most lukewarm software launch, maybe even rivaling N64. I'm surprised it's doing as well as it is.

Maybe even worse as n64 had Mario 64 as its killer app, not anything like that this go around.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    This gen launch for both bone x and p5 has had the most lukewarm software launch, maybe even rivaling N64. I'm surprised it's doing as well as it is.

This is what I keep telling my friends. I'm glad I got one at the very beginning but it's funny that I'm just replaying games I've already played. I initially bought it for Cyberpunk2077 (LOL jokes on me) but at this point it's just a PS4 enhanced.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I think Demon's Souls and, to lesser extent, Miles Morales do a good job of looking next gen, and I think Astro's Playroom does a good job hinting at next gen gameplay possibilities, but I really want something that marries those concepts together.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    After getting the Plat in the divine Ghost of Tsushima and taking a month-long break from my PS5, I loaded up on indies during the big sale this month (Carto, Ikenfell, Kentucky Route Zero, Creaks, Frostpunk, Children of Morta) and am slowly digging into them. Played through Carto the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it - just very uplifting and charming and interesting - and then moved on to Children of Morta, which I'm digging so far. Plays like a Diablo roguelike with some interesting global progression and a big emphasis on story. Also gorgeous pixel art.

The AAA backlog is getting outrageous, but I couldn't pass on the deep discounts and have been wanting to check all of these out.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Thanks for the info on the PS gold headset and the 4k tv. Was thinking of grabbing a new headset and tv soon but my PS gold headset still works just fine so since it works on PS5 I might just stick with it until it stops working.

Wasn't there some kind of benefit to getting a PS5 and having an existing PS+ sub?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.