As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Knockout [Chat]

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Cant wait to put all my skill points into Inferno again

Make a paladin. Just put all your points in thorns. Just run through the game.

Spamming a billion bone teeth with each cast as I run through hell chanting Teeth! Teeth! Teeth!

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I have discovered C&C remastered is on Microsoft Gamepass. I am going to beat Red Alert for the 5th time or something silly.

Id kill for a functional Generals

I was kinda disappointed by C&C remastered just because the original was such a transcendent and major part of my childhood. It was good but I'm too dead inside to ever really get that feeling of pure joy again and it was just a reminder of that.

Generals was probably the pinnacle of what could be remastered into something that holds up today with minimal 90s jankiness that C&C / RA can't avoid.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I have discovered C&C remastered is on Microsoft Gamepass. I am going to beat Red Alert for the 5th time or something silly.

I think it's one of the EA Play games that now come with gamepass

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    u64gsumyp48r.jpeg

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »

I was kinda disappointed by C&C remastered just because the original was such a transcendent and major part of my childhood. It was good but I'm too dead inside to ever really get that feeling of pure joy again and it was just a reminder of that.

Generals was probably the pinnacle of what could be remastered into something that holds up today with minimal 90s jankiness that C&C / RA can't avoid.

Red Alert 2 would be my favorite for a remake.

Red Alert 3 and C&C 3 are really good. And modern.

I want someone to take Tiberium Sun and finish all the half finished systems they had in the game so it can be what it was meant to be but the tech wasn't up to back then.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Apparently I now need to learn to navigate how much TP to dry my bum after the bidet

towel?

Yeah, if you are using a bidet right you are as clean as getting out of the shower so towel down and move on.

this may be true but i am not ever going to do this

don't deny your bum soft things

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    I don't think you can release a new C&C generals without reworking the GLA to not be... the GLA.

• Options
    BSoB wrote: »
    I don't think you can release a new C&C generals without reworking the GLA to not be... the GLA.

I mean there is a lot of everything everywhere that needs rework.

Good luck having your corp ever sell anything in China again without a lot of rework (and some buffs). And even then 50/50 getting brigaded.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

it is so incredibly a thing that could only fly in the early 2000s because there was just a lot of gleeful Islamophobia

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

That game came along at such a weird time (right before the US invaded Iraq).

• Options

it is so incredibly a thing that could only fly in the early 2000s because there was just a lot of gleeful Islamophobia

The sinophobia was pretty impressive too.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Even back then when I found out one of the factions was extremists with unit that was a suicide bomber truck I was like "Um.... guys?"

I was actually really annoyed they released that under the C&C brand.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Finally an end to this Macross erasure

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Even back then when I found out one of the factions was extremists with unit that was a suicide bomber truck I was like "Um.... guys?"

In Red Alert 2 multi you could play as Libya (a Soviet faction), and their special unit was a truck that could suicide bomb but it was also a nuclear weapon.

eeeesh

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    First 16 minutes of the new Diablo 2 remaster.

https://youtu.be/KjhiiuDeyTo

I hate that this is what Diablo 2 already looked like in my memories

• Options

I mean leaning into a lean terrorist organization using improvised weapons and suicide tactics and asymmetric warfare as a faction is a good strategy game. Especially against an expensive but advanced faction and a balanced less advanced middle of the road one.

Just dont make them shout 'Allah akbar' when they blow themselves up maybe? I mean it seems like a small ask.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Show orb sorc cow level at 200 FPS or I feed

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC9AUR-iTo0

Remember when that catchy song about cats was everywhere? Pop culture is weird and awesome.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

100% why that game has been memory holed

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Yeah, my only recollection about that game from when I heard about it back then was me going "Yikes" when looking at the terrorist faction.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it's been a while since i paid attention but Harmony Gold is the reason nothing interesting has been done with the Macross/Robotech property in 30 years right

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

In Red Alert 2 multi you could play as Libya (a Soviet faction), and their special unit was a truck that could suicide bomb but it was also a nuclear weapon.

eeeesh

Lol SCUD STORM

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    House we saw yesterday we liked.

Today, it's already under contract with someone else. A contract with no inspection. This is feeling impossible.

You should move to New Zealand, buying a house here is easy*

*Certain areas exempted

Sniperguy is in one the traditionally not horrible regions too.

US housing market is crazy atm.

same in canada, places going like 50% above asking with no conditions, i dont get it

pre-existing housing shortage+a year of decreased new home production+low interest rates+instability in the stock market+increased demand for single family homes due to people traumatized from living in their domicile for a year.

you may be on to something

I wanna buy a house in Austin.

😄😂😢

Housing bubble is going to burst in August or thereabouts, IMO. Evictions and foreclosures gonna go through the roof.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

generals and zero hour work great if you have the Origin version

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    House we saw yesterday we liked.

Today, it's already under contract with someone else. A contract with no inspection. This is feeling impossible.

You should move to New Zealand, buying a house here is easy*

*Certain areas exempted

Sniperguy is in one the traditionally not horrible regions too.

US housing market is crazy atm.

same in canada, places going like 50% above asking with no conditions, i dont get it

pre-existing housing shortage+a year of decreased new home production+low interest rates+instability in the stock market+increased demand for single family homes due to people traumatized from living in their domicile for a year.

you may be on to something

I wanna buy a house in Austin.

😄😂😢

Housing bubble is going to burst in August or thereabouts, IMO. Evictions and foreclosures gonna go through the roof.

Like half of the people I care about in the city are artists and service people, so... you know, yay?

Hopefully it will get to be at least sane. I don't know, I keep expecting things to start slowing down, that did not happen last year. But the lack of evictions and foreclosures is artificial, so maybe.

Nothing would surprise me.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

The sinophobia was pretty impressive too.

I actually preferred playing as China because they had mammoth tanks and mammoth tanks are the best.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Here at Consensual Farms, we have bred and educated cows just intelligent enough to give legal consent for the extraction and sale of their milk.

Consensual Farms: the ethical choice.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Feral wrote: »
    Jacobkosh

8hf3vt4asske.png

Fuck I really need to watch that guy's movies.

Not Sean Bean, the other guy.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    What is something that's technically an improvement over what came before it, but just feels really gross.

• Options
    Here at Consensual Farms, we have bred and educated cows just intelligent enough to give legal consent for the extraction and sale of their milk.

What happens to the cows that are not quite smart enough?

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Jacobkosh

8hf3vt4asske.png

Fuck I really need to watch that guy's movies.

Not Sean Bean, the other guy.

sean astin

• Options

What happens to the cows that are not quite smart enough?

They go to our sister company, Regular Farms, where their milk is also extracted, but the regular way, by a kind of pinchy machine and they don't get to pick if or when it happens and we sell if for cheaper so that poor people get the nutrition they need while also feeling a little guilty.

Product differentiation is important.

• Options
    Generals had great army design but I agree with woof on all of them.

Also totally forgot Dustin Browder of StarCraft 2 fame worked on it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    What is something that's technically an improvement over what came before it, but just feels really gross.

The 117th United States Congress

• Options
    Man, DMX died

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Fascinating meeting point of great game design and racism to make a neocon blush

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Hey ho
    Let’s go?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options

Fascinating meeting point of great game design and racism to make a neocon blush

Funny thing I remember none of the factions were really good either. Also the GLA was comically evil with lots of chemical weapons. But also angry mobs with molotovs. It was not great.

At least Nod is more silly about it. But also had suicide bombers in 3.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.