As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transfomers: Rise of the Beast Trailer #2 is out

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh for Fuck's sake.

I got that "Fossilizer" thingy that turns into a set of raptor bones, that is supposed to become weapons for other figs and such. In other words, it's meant to disassemble.

I thought I had the right disassembly point.. but it turns out I ripped her hips right off of her spine, and it was her tail that was supposed to come off.

Honestly I don't know why I bought this thing, other than "new mold! Rare! oooo" thoughts.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yah, that thing seemed messy. Cool idea, but doomed to be scattered to the winds like old artifacts.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Shipping notices are going out.

HE is coming...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So there is going to be an Ark Titan that turns into a big ass robot that kinda looks like Eugene Levy.

Also I got the new Huffer. He is a nicely articulated guy and I appreciate that he is engineered specifically to be compatible with Earthrise Optimus's trailer so it can recreate that ONE scene in the original cartoon where he pulled the trailer for Prime.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So there is going to be an Ark Titan that turns into a big ass robot that kinda looks like Eugene Levy.

Also I got the new Huffer. He is a nicely articulated guy and I appreciate that he is engineered specifically to be compatible with Earthrise Optimus's trailer so it can recreate that ONE scene in the original cartoon where he pulled the trailer for Prime.

That's literally my only meaningful memory of Huffer and if someone asked me about the character I'd have been like, "yeah but make sure he can do the thing from that one episode."

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

The battle on Earth is no longer just between Autobots and Decepticons… Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons join Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, in theatres June 24, 2022. https://t.co/VtS4CjSxLy

Huh.

Some notes from the announcement event, from noted Transformers fan Ben Yee
    Transformers 7 is Rise of the Beasts.

Maximals and Predacons joining the robot side. And new Villains, the Terrorcons.

Autobots
    Optimus is main character, more G1 design. Peter Cullen back to voice him.
    Bumblebee is an Off-road equipped Camero
    Mirage is a Porsche 911
    Arcee is a Ducati 916

Terrorcons
    Scourge, leader. Big black smoke stacks, spiked shoulders and claws. Collects trophies from Autobots and Maximals he kills.
    Nightbird. Switched sides to the Terrorcons. Looks like a live action version of her 86 show design. Turns into Nissan GTR

Maximals
    Optimus Primal wise leader of the Maximals
    Rhinox brains and brawn
    Airazor.
    Maximals are more techno organic. Meshing metal and fur and feathers. Primal looks like furry version of the leaked TLK concept art.
    Maximals are ancient. Have been around awhile.

Predacons are more reptilian. Natural enemies of the Maximals.

Predacons are NOT Terrorcon allies. Terrorcons are enemies to all.

Set in the 90s
    Optimus not the wise leader yet. Not as stoic as past films.
    Avoiding the Bay era timeline.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    You finally get an actual Porsche and you don't make it Jazz?!?!?!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    You finally get an actual Porsche and you don't make it Jazz?!?!?!

They had Jazz before.
    It didn't work out too well for him.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    True, but after Bumblebee, who cares about adhering to the Bayformers timeline?

EDIT: I said this assuming that, as it was called Transformers 7, it was somehow connected, but after reading further and finding out it was not part of the Bayformers or Bumblebee timelines...that really underscores my point.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So…Trukk AND Munky?

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

EDIT: I said this assuming that, as it was called Transformers 7, it was somehow connected, but after reading further and finding out it was not part of the Bayformers or Bumblebee timelines...that really underscores my point.

Bumblee was Transformers 6, and this is a sequel to Bumblebee.

• Options

I kind of care, I'm curious where he was planning to go with the whole "Earth is Unicron" thing. Seems like it would help a lot in explaining why every Transformer Macguffin wound up here.
    I know, the thought that he had any kind of plans at all* is laughable, but I could hope.

*Well, any plans beyond "Cash my checks and be a creepy fuck to the lead actress while she washes my car collection". But I meant plot related plans.

• Options
    Oh hey this thread's back. I did manage to pick up a couple more duders. WFC Trilogy Deep Cover (the Sideswipe redeco that's mostly blue), and the WFC Trilogy Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone (Ironhide redeco).

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    introducing a bunch of weird new bots to sell toys is a long and honorable tradition

but, bumblebee was fun so I guess they get some rope

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

Bumblee was Transformers 6, and this is a sequel to Bumblebee.

I feel like they are just trying to have their cake and eat it to really. They hit other spots in time and reuse enough of the look to claim connection when needed and at the same time make zero direct references and write them as stand alone pieces.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    They've talked in the past about how they are doing a kind of soft reboot. Setting things in different times is one way to achieve this.

• Options
    Yeah, expect to not have Megatron available, since he’s frozen under Hoover Dam.

• Options
    Quick teaser for Netflix S3.

https://youtu.be/cyjWrJivVSU
    That is a incredible bit of terrible voice acting from Primal there.

• Options
    Oof, that is a short preview. Wonder who they got to voice that - if it's in-house at RT or an actual guild voice actor.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    toXHaJ3.jpg

The Ark's looking pretty good. I wonder who the little mini-figure there is supposed to be.

• Options
    G1 Optimus, to go with Galvatron and Rodimus from the Unicron set.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’m personally pretty disappointed in the Ark. It just doesn’t seem to have the details and features that previous titans have had.

Like, it’s literally the Autobot base, but it doesn’t have a base mode like Scorpinok, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, or Trypticon all have?? That’s like half the fun of these huge guys!

Idk, I’ll check it out again once people get it in hand

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I’m personally pretty disappointed in the Ark. It just doesn’t seem to have the details and features that previous titans have had.

Like, it’s literally the Autobot base, but it doesn’t have a base mode like Scorpinok, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, or Trypticon all have?? That’s like half the fun of these huge guys!

Technically, the base is half the fun for Omega Supreme. For the others, it’s one third of the fun.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

My thing is it should just be the ship but open up to the bridge and teletron 1 etc. No.bot mode

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

That's the secret plan; get people to buy the Ark now and then sell a Mount St. Hilary base later to slot him into later as a separate purchase.

• Options
    Technically the autobot base was just the ship crashed into the side of the mountain. There was no unfolded "base mode" in the cartoon.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Technically the autobot base was just the ship crashed into the side of the mountain. There was no unfolded "base mode" in the cartoon.

Technically, the Ark never transformed into a robot either. So clearly this isn’t a lavish G1 perfect recreation

I just think it’s reasonable that a titan-class figure would have a base mode just like all the rest have, especially when it’s essentially the Autobot home of operations. Heck, if only two modes could be done, I’d probably agree with King Riptor and say make it the ship that opens up into a big sprawling base.

But maybe I’m in the minority here. I love all the headmasters and minicons and legends-class figures, and having bases setup for them to hangout in and have battles on is a big part of the appeal

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I'm all over this because it is a fun throwback to Transformers Animated.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Omega_Supreme_(Animated)

And given that there will most certainly be 3rd parties correcting the large open spaces in the legs, maybe they can find a base mode in there. The Teletraan-1 stuff looks awesome though.

• Options
    Yeah, that Teletraan-1 is cool. I wish I could buy it separately

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I like how the face kinda looks like Eugene Levy.

• Options
    I like how his face is a reference to an obscure Marvel g1 character.

• Options
    Also I preordered it back when they announced it because my Scorponok needs a large friend.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Kinda weirded out by his too-human hands!

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Kinda weirded out by his too-human hands!

I hadn't taken a good look at them before now.
    But, yeah, they are creepy looking for some reason.

Maybe it's the smooth texture? Every other surface on the ship/bot is covered in bands or greebles or etches. But the hands are latex glove smooth.

• Options

Listen youngster in my day rich kids I hated had playsets! The USSFlag! Castle Greyskull! The dark bone mans haunted tree!

Transformers had the fortress bots but nothing for Beast wars or other later shows

• Options

Listen youngster in my day rich kids I hated had playsets! The USSFlag! Castle Greyskull! The dark bone mans haunted tree!

Transformers had the fortress bots but nothing for Beast wars or other later shows

The Fright Zone?

• Options
    That last one was for comedic effect.

I think.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I just started watching that War for Cybertron show on Netflix and it's pretty cool.
    Now I want some cool Transformers toys. In looking at stuff online I am so.fucking.confused.

• Options
    I just started watching that War for Cybertron show on Netflix and it's pretty cool.
    Now I want some cool Transformers toys. In looking at stuff online I am so.fucking.confused.

What are you specifically looking for? In general terms. I can help. :)

• Options

There are a lot of things!

The Transformers War for Cybertron line has three sections:

The first was Siege, which is basically all Cybertronian vehicle modes. It also introduced weaponizers, which were bots that instead of really "transforming" you would pull them all apart and they could be reassembled (aka "partsforming") as some alt mode (sometimes a little base which could attach to larger bases) OR they could be attached to other bots as weapons and power-ups.

The second was Earthrise, which is basically all Earth vehicle modes. A lot of the bots and transformations remained mostly the same as their Siege versions, just some remolding to make them normal Earth vehicles.

The third is Kingdom, which is what is available now, and it’s a lot of Beast Wars characters, some new fossil guys that are basically the same as the weaponizers above but made of bones, and also some other things peppered in that probably would be more Earthrise like Tracks or Studio Series 86 like Cyclonus.

Oh yeah, there's the Studio Series line which has been putting out TFs as they appeared in the movies. Originally this was Bayverse stuff, but recently it's SS86 and is stuff from the old animated movie like Kup.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg