As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Achievement Unlocked] Bleep Bloop

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So for the most part I have given up on Trophy hunting as it was ruining my enjoyment of games. I pretty much am saving getting platinums to only games I like enough that I want to get more out of them.

So with that said, I am playing through the Ratchet & Clank games again in preparation for Rift Apart. I am starting with the first game and working my way through chronologically. While doing that I am mopping up the trophies so that I can platinum each of the games as the series is one of my favorites of all time and I've been wanting to get the Platinums for them.

So a few days ago I started with the first game, and today got the platinum. The only irritating trophy for it was getting 1 million bolts, which is crazy for the first game as the New Game + doesn't have the bolt multiplier the sequels all have for the NG+ runs. Fortunately there is an exploit that allows you to get on the hoverboard track without the board, and you can sit in one spot and pretty much get unlimited bolts with the taunter weapon. I left it on overnight last night with a rubberband on the controller. So that helped me get the last trophy and I got my Platinum.

So this weekend, I'll work on Going Commando.

I will say that going back to the first game was rough. I never realized how difficult the game would be without the lock on and strafing all the sequels had. Still a fantastic game though. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    From the last 3 months

Monster Sanctuary - 1000/1000 - A great metroidvania/pokemon feeling game, sudden difficulty spikes can appear though.
    The Outer Worlds - 1390/1390 (Played the last DLC this week)
    Assassins Creed Valhalla - 1000/1000

Currently playing Immortals Fenyx Rising, charming game but some of the gameplay choices annoy me, the stamina bar depletes way too fast, feels like a useless tacked on annoyance and the amount of long ass time taking puzzles is staggering.

Looking forward to Breathedge and Subnautica 2.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    The playthrough of the Ratchet and Clank games continues!

Platinum achieved for Going Commando!

Up Your Arsenal is next. :D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    They had a sale for playstation now, $1 for a month, so I hopped on that. A quick Google search later and I find a thread on the playstation trophies forum on which games are quick and easy platinums. So far I have already knocked out 1 in about 2.5 hours and should be able to get another 4 or 5 in about the same amount of time.

Of course there are games in there I actually want to play as well so once I knockout a bunch of the easy ones I plan on going after The Surge 2, Stranded Deep, and maybe My Time at Portia since I really like stardew valley. I also want to at least try out the two Warhammer games that are on it. Just depends on how much free time I can get in the next month.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I manged to get every Xbox achievement in Elder Scrolls Online, barring two. 135/137 in total!

I got the game at launch and happily played through the story quests with every expansion release. It was a while until I started getting into endgame activities, and recently with the more challenging and group-focused endgame activities.

Being a 7 year old MMO, there is a whole lot of content to play through. Most of the achievements are for questing, finding collectibles, and other low intensity activities. The harder achievements tend to be for clearing the solo arenas and group dungeons on veteran (aka hard) difficulty.

The remaining two are to become Emperor, which is essentially be #1 on a particular PvP leaderboard for a time, and spend dozens of hours on monotonous, boring fishing. Both of those sound awful, so what I have is close enough to 100% completion for me!

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I'm annoyed to a probably unjustifiable degree by the fact that my rarest trophy is No One Left Behind from This is the Police.

I don't normally care much about rarity (which is good, because my happy of playing the Japanese versions of games screws me there), but it's not a particularly good game and this ugly trophy image greets me at the top of the page whenever I visit PSN Profiles (which is often):

6L9b8261.png

The platinum trophy for Oreshika briefly overtook it for a while but seems to have fallen significantly behind at this point.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    cckerberos wrote: »
    I'm annoyed to a probably unjustifiable degree by the fact that my rarest trophy is No One Left Behind from This is the Police.

I don't normally care much about rarity (which is good, because my happy of playing the Japanese versions of games screws me there), but it's not a particularly good game and this ugly trophy image greets me at the top of the page whenever I visit PSN Profiles (which is often):

6L9b8261.png

The platinum trophy for Oreshika briefly overtook it for a while but seems to have fallen significantly behind at this point.

My actual rarest trophy could be either of the three platinums for Blood Bowl 2, Transformers Devastation, or Nom Nom Galaxy since all three are at 0.1% on Sony's side. Psn profile lists the transformers trophy as the rarest but I don't like the way they only include the small number of active trophy hunters they actually track. In any case it is absolutely bananas that those are so rare given how easy they are to get compared to stuff like the rogue legacy, dead cells, and darkest dungeon trophy sets.

Since buying the $1 psnow deal last week I have earned 4 platinum trophies, including my time at portia which was fun, and am probably going to earn number 5 with gravity rush remastered tomorrow morning after work. I am thinking about knocking out a few more quick ones then doing the medieval remake after that. I enjoyed the original and the platinum is relatively easy and straightforward.

• Options
    furlion wrote: »
    Since buying the $1 psnow deal last week I have earned 4 platinum trophies, including my time at portia which was fun, and am probably going to earn number 5 with gravity rush remastered tomorrow morning after work. I am thinking about knocking out a few more quick ones then doing the medieval remake after that. I enjoyed the original and the platinum is relatively easy and straightforward.

I've finished five games since starting PSNow, but unfortunately they've all either been DLCs or games without plats.

The guide lists the plat time for My Time at Portia at 100 hours. Is that an exaggeration, or did you more or less just play it nonstop for several days?

cckerberos.png
  • Options

I've finished five games since starting PSNow, but unfortunately they've all either been DLCs or games without plats.

The guide lists the plat time for My Time at Portia at 100 hours. Is that an exaggeration, or did you more or less just play it nonstop for several days?

There is a glitch that lets you duplicate any item you own. It means infinite money and that you only need to find 1 of any resource or item, no matter how rare, and you have infinite of it. Just completely removed all the grind from the game. Frankly despite being pretty fun, it does not have 100 hours of enjoyment in it. Then again I don't think stardew valley does either but people fucking love that game. Also I just finished gravity rush which makes 6 platinums in less than 10 days.

• Options

There is a glitch that lets you duplicate any item you own. It means infinite money and that you only need to find 1 of any resource or item, no matter how rare, and you have infinite of it. Just completely removed all the grind from the game. Frankly despite being pretty fun, it does not have 100 hours of enjoyment in it. Then again I don't think stardew valley does either but people fucking love that game. Also I just finished gravity rush which makes 6 platinums in less than 10 days.

That's very good to know. It's something I've been looking at for a while, but I didn't want to devote 100 hours to a single game during my $1 month.

Overall, I've had a really good experience with PSNow. I might buy a subscription at some point. But the issue I kind of have with it is that playing PSNow games means that I'm not touching my backlog.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    I only paid for it because of how cheap it was. My internet is too slow for me to actually stream the games so I only have access to what I can download. That may be changing Sunday though as I have an appointment to get broadband, from dsl which should open up the entire catalog to me. At that point I may just stay subscribed. While it doesn't have the quality of games that Game pass does, it does have several games in an interested in playing that I may not get to in this month.

• Options
    I spend a lot of time playing "forever" games like Destiny or ESO, so it feels good to complete a few small games every once in a while. I got 100% in three gamepass and/or sale games recently.

Ikenfell is a fun, cute turn-based RPG with a clever grid tactics battle system. It's also very accessible, providing a lot of combat helpers, including a straight-up auto-win option, that don't void any achievements. The combat is fun and the battles are engaging, especially the boss fights. I liked the story and characters. Completing the game was straightforward. After beating the game, the rest is a round-up of collectables and a few hidden boss fights.

Zero Strain was a game I grabbed for $5 on the recent Xbox sale. It's a shoot 'em up in the style and scope of classic XBLA games of yore. The achievements are all easy to get and can be obtained just a third of the way through the game. I enjoyed it so I played through to the credits.

Forgotton Anne is a side-scrolling, story-focused game with light puzzle and platforming elements. It features a lot of gorgeous 2d animation. The setting is a bit weird: you're one of only two humans in a town of "forgotten" items, so every other character is an anthropomorphic object, like a talking shoe or lamp. The story is engaging and the voice acting is well done, so I enjoyed my time with it. There is one missable achievement, but otherwise everything can be done via post-game chapter select. The game does have the dreaded not-a-multiple-of-five achievement points, so be aware.

• Options
    I just finished up 11-11 and it was surprising. I really enjoyed the story and interaction between the characters. It is the first time I have ever felt a little off about collecting all the trophies in a game. Like it's a game about the horror of WW1 and how interconnected the stories are, and here I am watching a video by some random person running around collecting stuff. It felt like maybe the developers should have just not included the collecting stuff, plus various other hidden trophies, and just not had a platinum trophy. I don't know it was a weird feeling.

Anyways that makes 9 platinum trophies in about 2.5 weeks time.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I just finished up the plat for Portia after about 60 hours. I though it was pretty fun, even if not quite as good as other games in the genre.

I found the trophy list quite interesting. It was way more lenient than it could have been, which I appreciated. But I found it a little curious that you get the trophy for completing the story with like 10% of the story left to go (there's a lengthy end crawl when you reach the actual end). And I wonder they included the marriage trophies for Gust and Phyllis.

cckerberos on
    cckerberos.png
  • Options
    I just finished up the plat for Portia after about 60 hours. I though it was pretty fun, even if not quite as good as other games in the genre.

I found the trophy list quite interesting. It was way more lenient than it could have been, which I appreciated. But I found it a little curious that you get the trophy for completing the story with like 10% of the story left to go (there's a lengthy end crawl when you reach the actual end). And I wonder they included the marriage trophies for Gust and Phyllis.

My biggest complaint was how much mining and combat they intended to be necessary when neither are particularly fun. Constantly stopping to find a new relic got old pretty fast. And the combat was so floaty and lacking any kind of weight. I guess I shouldn't complain too much since I only paid $1 and I did enjoy my time with it.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I platted Remnant : From the Ashes which I got for free on PS+ a couple of months back.
    I really liked it so I bought the DLCs so that the developers get something from me.

I saw a cheap Match-3 game last week on the PSN store, called Brave Match, and 20 levels later (50 minutes in total) I had my platinum without ever losing once :eek:
    I really had a “Was that it?” feeling, because it was over so soon (especially because I saved up for the most expensive gear in the shop).

A mate of mine and I platted We Were Here which was free on PSN for a week or so, and we liked it, so We Were Here Too and We Were Here Together were bought and platinumd too.

And I really had fun with a game called Rodent Warriors, soI went for that platinum too.

With the free games on PSN’s Play At Home action, I now have Subnautica , Abzu and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for free, which I have put on my to-do-next-playlog :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    So I took a break from my Ratchet and Clank playthroughs as I've been hooked to Monster Hunter Rise.

Finally jumped back into the Ratchet games last week and just last night got the platinum for Up Your Arsenal. Deadlocked is next! :D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Come on, not in my games!

(I just unlocked the Lockdown trophy in the Remnant DLC :snap: )

Corporal Carl on
  • Options
    Ratchet Deadlocked is complete and I have the Platinum trophy! One more down!

Next up: All 4 One!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    After 180+ hours, I’ve platinumed SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays.

By the length of the title (and the quasi-random collection of words) you know it’s a Japanese game, which explains the time to platinum it.

Corporal Carl on
  • Options
    Some of the trophies for Ratcher and Clank: All 4 One are pure annoying garbage. :mad:

But I only have a few more to go so hopefully I'll have that one done this weekend. Then I'll go on to finish Full Frontal Assault, which is my least favorite as I hate tower defense games.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    I am currently working my way through Divinity Original Sin 2. Trying to knock out as much as I can in a single playthrough on the hardest difficulty is rough. The first game was hard but they really stepped up their game and this one is much more difficult I think.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    While I've gotten over my initial disappointment that Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is not a third person, capital ship space shooter but instead the exact opposite (it has a third person view, but it's fixed rear and so close to the ship that it's worse than the first person view. Which, given the FOV settings in the game, feels like sitting in your car with one eye closed), and I've come to accept the hyper film grain is an artistic choice...

I'd have to go back and relaunch the first one, but I'm also pretty sure you could set targeting priorities for your turrets and a few other things that I guess got simplified out of the sequel...

but anway, this mission, which I think is possibly the fourth story mission? Has to be the most annoying mission I've done in a game in a while. You have to use a dumbfire missile to take out 6 fast moving craft that are spamming missiles and shooting you up and it's like... who thought this was a good mission? Like, if I hadn't been goofing around and being a spacer with a somewhat built up ship I imagine I would be killed instantly in this fight. I'm about to buy the max tier shielding available and countermeasure package for a ton of credits that most people if they were just doing story missions wouldn't have.

But yeesh.

edit: Amusingly, I just failed the mission because my turrets blew up one of the vehicles. So I guess I have to take them off my ship now?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Now THIS is a name for a platinum!
    01ajibzb5sh6.jpg
    (Warhammer : Chaosbane)

Apparently a patch added a 5th character, so I had to play the campaign 5 times :bigfrown: .
    The "Do 50 Relic Hunts" trophy was pure grind :-1: .

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    My recent plats haven't been so bad.

Control - nice and easy
    Returnal - pretty huge grind for RNG spawns, but incredibly fun gameplay the whole time so not so bad
    Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story - little hack&slash / school management title. Quick and simple plat
    13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - AMAZING top tier visual novel with a bare bones RTS attachment of little note

Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana - a postgame dungeon and then doing a top difficulty playthrough for that plat.

OH, and PS5 version of FF7R has it's own trophy list so got a freebie plat there.

• Options
    Well, after gettng a PS5, and noticing there was a free No Man’s Sky upgrade to the PS5 version, I managed to do something that I couldn’t do with the PS4 version : platinum it!

What a difference 4 years makes, especially with better creature targeting and planets with only 1 creature type.

I did the Expedition (“season 3”) and then decided to start a Permadeath game, got to the Galaxy Centre, and have completed the DLC trophies too, so my first PS5 platinum is one with 100% next to it :biggrin:

Diablo II Resurrected will one I will not be platinuming, as there are the obligatory “Complete Hell with class X” trophies, and the “I’m gonna do what’s called a pro-gamer move” trophy which requires getting a Hardcore character to level 99.

I do nominate D2R for the “Most atrocious trophy names” category though. They are BAD!

• Options
    Maneater, which was the first PS5 PS Plus a long time ago, was something I always wanted to buy. When we received it for free, I thought : “Yeah, I’ll have that PS5 pretty soon”.

Almost 1 year later…

Finished it, Platinumed it, it was great fun! Sure, the camera can be a bit wonky in hectic fights, and the game is bit monotonous, but luckily it does not last as long as a Ubisoft collectathon.

I enjoyed it so much that I bought the DLC, which I’m trying to 100% now.

So if you have a PS5 and that free PS Plus version, give it a go. It’s fun, and can be platinumed in 12 hours, and devouring humans stays funny the whole time :biggrin:

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    My rarest achievement on Steam is Shotgun Wedding from Left 4 Dead 2.

Honestly kind of surprised. I would've thought more people had it.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Diablo II Resurrected will one I will not be platinuming, as there are the obligatory “Complete Hell with class X” trophies, and the “I’m gonna do what’s called a pro-gamer move” trophy which requires getting a Hardcore character to level 99.

I do nominate D2R for the “Most atrocious trophy names” category though. They are BAD!

The D2R list is truly awful. Hundreds and hundreds of hours of meaningless (but not mindless) grinding.

cckerberos on
    cckerberos.png
  • Options
    They were talking about Diablo 2 on the trophies Reddit. What a colossal fuck you to trophy and achievement hunters from Blizzard. Most people were estimating 700+ hours for the platinum which is fucking bananas. And that was assuming you could complete a Baal run in under I think 3 minutes.

• Options
    And that was assuming you could complete a Baal run in under I think 3 minutes.

And that you're in a full party at all times.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Well someone actually did it. There is now officially one legit, as far as the community can tell, Diablo 2 platinum. He claims it was about 650 hours of playtime, and he did the 99 with a hardcore character using offline backups if they died. Too much for me personally. I have fewer hours then that in Warframe and I have been playing it for 6 years.

I finished up my Divinity: Original Sin 2 platinum. Brought me up to 144. Then Sony offered up a neat little roguelite called The Persistence for PS+ this month so I got that one as well. Currently working on finishing up Cyberpunk 2077. It is much more stable on my base PS4 than it was at launch, but still unforgivable deficient in every technical detail.

furlion on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I can't even imagine the tenacity required to do something like that

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    I was gonna "awesome" that Diablo 2 achievement, but hesitated.

I've been slacking on achievements and new games in general lately. I did play through all of Guardians of the Galaxy. I'll need a second playthrough to get the rest of the achievements and figure if/when I decide to play through the game again I'll get the rest.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I did a decent amount of plat work this year. The several in my earlier June post and since then.
    • Scarlet Nexus -- good action RPG. Really enjoyed the combat in this one. A bit of trophy grind at the end, but wasn't *too* bad.
    • Sayonara Wild Hearts -- game of the year if this came out in 2021. Don't sleep on this stellar title.
    • All 4 Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel games. Real great! Not particularly great plats with stuff like 'scan all monsters' & 'open all chests' with boundless missables of both. Another long-running story I'm hooked into now.
    • Tales of Arise -- characters slightly not as great as Berseria, but they were still stellar and the gameplay and story was great.
    • Lost Judgment -- more Yakuza, never not good.
    • Messenger, Republic Commando, Prototype, & The Missing as well. Some annoyances in there but overall all good titles.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Qanamil wrote: »
    I did a decent amount of plat work this year. The several in my earlier June post and since then.
    • All 4 Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel games. Real great! Not particularly great plats with stuff like 'scan all monsters' & 'open all chests' with boundless missables of both. Another long-running story I'm hooked into now.

And yet it used to be even worse. The first four Trails games all had "complete the game without any characters going over level X" trophies (Zero was especially cruel since you weren't allowed to go over level 40... and it then stuck two level 38 guest characters in your party for the last few boss fights). Getting these usually required skipping all optional fights (including monster chests) for at least the final chapter of the game.

But yeah, there was nothing like the sinking feeling that came from opening up what you believed to be the final chest in a Trails game and finding out you missed one somewhere. So glad they finally added a counter.

cckerberos on
    cckerberos.png
  • Options
    Anyone have any goals for the new year? Last year was pretty great, managed to hit 24 new platinums which was my goal. I think 2 a month, averaging out the long ones and the short ones, should be just about right. Of course some games are just ridiculous. Going to try for another 24 this year and continue to work down my backlog. Would be easier if Sony would quit giving me new games that I actually want to play.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I joined an Overwatch game earlier and a 13 year old in the chat was like "yooo this guy has 100k gamerscore" and I didn't have the heart to tell him I've had this account longer than he has walked this earth

• Options
    Got my platinum for Psychonauts 2. Pretty easy Plat and a excellent game to boot.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    My achievement goals at this point are usually, "play other games", since I can easily spent way too much time in "forever" games like Destiny 2 or Elder Scrolls Online. And I am also more willing to drop a game when I feel done with it than grinding out unpleasant achievements just for the 100%.

I did 100% The Forgotten City. It's a neat mystery-solving time loop game. I also got almost all the achievements in Deedlit in Wonderland, which is a very much Symphony of the Night inspired game. The main obstacle to 100% completion is high ranks on the boss rush mode, but I've never been big on boss rush modes.

I also got a ton of achievements playing through Halo Infinite's campaign. I still have some cleanup there, but I did a "Legendary all skulls on" run of the campaign which was fun in its own degenerate way. It's way easier of a LASO experience than other Halo titles.