YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    hoo boy will I have enough time to replay/play Final Mix before then

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    oh yay it's on ps4 and pc too

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Some important things to note.

1: You can change your partners' pins. The partners in TWEWY had very specific pins that only served to explain their skills in battle.
    2: Uzuki and Kariya are back, hell yeah.
    3: Xander Mobus is playing a character.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    some of those guys are extremely attractive heavens to betsy

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

1: You can change your partners' pins. The partners in TWEWY had very specific pins that only served to explain their skills in battle.

More important than all of that: the existence of a Ps4 and PC version means they had to create a proper control scheme instead of the iffy at best Switch controls from Final Mix.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

More important than all of that: the existence of a Ps4 and PC version means they had to create a proper control scheme instead of the iffy at best Switch controls from Final Mix.

Well, it's also a completely different game. Even if it was a Switch exclusive and they wanted to do something with motion controls, it'd probably still be better than when they had to adapt a game originally meant for touchscreen.

The tiny bits of gameplay in the trailers look like a fairly standard 3rd person action game, though I imagine there's some amount of control for the partners since it shows all four pins in the UI.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I'm surprised there's no special edition. I'd be willing to drop money on a physical copy with some extras...

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I'm surprised there's no special edition. I'd be willing to drop money on a physical copy with some extras...

Oh there is one, like $80 or $90 on SE's store that lacks a copy of the game.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is a Nintendo game

that I'm currently playing

I just got past the first giant Luigi battle and I like it a lot

sig.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    My only complaint with Dream Team is that has a lot of filler - there's a few points where they could have wrapped up the story but decided to continue to pad. But other than that it is a pretty good game.

• Options
    Yeah the pacing is taking its sweet time and there are a LOT of tutorials in this game

this kinda came out in the tail end of the Skyward Sword "this is a rupee" era

sig.gif
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The Abe's Oddysee Switch version is a perfect re-master of an imperfect game. Like I can see they were trying to recapture how people remember the original rather than how it actually was, and boy did they succeed.

Definitely recommend it, with the caveat that you use a guide to find all the secret areas, because you will miss some and you can't go back for them later.

Butler on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    The Abe's Oddysee Switch version is a perfect re-master of an imperfect game. Like I can see they were trying to recapture how people remember the original rather than how it actually was, and boy did they succeed.

Definitely recommend it, with the caveat that you use a guide to find all the secret areas, because you will miss some and you can't go back for them later.

I never played the remake, but I heard that it has a smooth scrolling instead of being split into distinct screens like the original and that that sometimes makes it difficult to tell when enemies can see you.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is a Nintendo game

that I'm currently playing

I just got past the first giant Luigi battle and I like it a lot

i love dream team but nobody ever seemed to really talk about it in general

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Translation
    Video that reproduces all Pokemon Ruby BGM and sound effects with a violin

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05FyZZj5dKM

The original Shantae hits Switch on April 22, includes the original GBC version and the enhanced graphics GBA mode.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »

I never played the remake, but I heard that it has a smooth scrolling instead of being split into distinct screens like the original and that that sometimes makes it difficult to tell when enemies can see you.

Yeah, it's a minor problem but I can see that that would have been tough to fix without rebuilding a bunch of the levels. A bigger issue is the camera changing position on some of the outdoor sections, which makes running and jumping with Elum trickier than it needs to be. Also the behaviour of the slogs (dog-creatures) is hard to get a handle on, sometimes you can run past them unscathed and sometimes you can't.

I'm at the first temple now and I'm realising I'd forgotten how much of the game is secret areas. An average player who knew the route could probably bust out of Rupture Farms in about 15-20 minutes if they just left everyone behind.

• Options

Nintendo of America
    @NintendoAmerica
    A new #IndieWorld Showcase arrives on Wednesday, April 14 at 9 a.m. PT! Tune in for a livestream featuring roughly 20 minutes focused on fresh and new indie games coming to #NintendoSwitch.

Watch it live here: https://nintendo.com/indie-world

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I'll try an Aztec Zeldalike, for sure.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Yeah so

Dream Team has a LOT in common with Skyward Sword, in that they are both games that sport excellent level design and really cool setpieces, that repeatedly pull the rug out from under you when you think you're about to reach an objective and it turns out you have a whole big quest between you and that objective

I'm now starting the quest to gather the Ultibed pieces, and yup of course I have to backtrack to every previous area and solve new puzzles in them, of course

sig.gif
  • Options
    https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/super-monkey-ball-banana-mania

New Monkey Ball got leaked by the Australian ratings board, it's multi-platform

• Options
    Unrelated, but there's also a new Pokemon Snap trailer, 6 minutes of info and gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2f-ivvGw0U

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So we should just call it the Lentil region, clearly.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    James Turner
    @JamesTurner_42
    Mint Chocolate Kirbs for you

(James Turner is a Pokemon designer and the lead art director on Pokemon Sword/Shield and also draws things that are extremely cute and good)

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

Haha it's funny because if any normal person wants to play it they have to download a rom (that nintendo sues people out of existence for hosting) and use a fan made patch (that Nintendo loves to DMCA people for making)!

Funny joke!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    "It's different when it's me, because I want it."
    - Reggie, maybe.

Enlong on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    At first I was like "he probably knows something and is teasing an announcement at tomorrow's Nintendo Direct" and then I realized that Direct happened yesterday. So I don't know what he's doing.

I feel like the big success of Undertale in Japan would bring the chances from "lol" up to "maybe" but I dunno.

• Options
    Also, Reggie isn't at Nintendo anymore.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

I'm aware, which is why I thought he might be having fun trolling people for one day in an unofficial capacity before the good news hits. But I guess he's just having fun trolling people full stop.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

I'm aware, which is why I thought he might be having fun trolling people for one day in an unofficial capacity before the good news hits. But I guess he's just having fun trolling people full stop.

People still ask him about it to this day. Id be fed up too

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

He was there during their most aggressive campaigns against fanwork

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Reggie has always sucked.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Reggie certainly didn't stop sucking when he went to Gamestop and was part of the people arguing that Gamestop stores were essential business during the zenith of the coronavirus lockdowns.

• Options
    The real tragic thing about Dream Team is that the only thing you'd have to tell me to make me buy in is to utter the phrase "You must awaken the Bedsmith in order to craft the Ultibed"

but that happens 30 hours into the game

sig.gif
  • Options

He was there during their most aggressive campaigns against fanwork

Wasn't saying that to mean Reggie Is Good, Actually. Rather, that it wouldn't have made much sense for him to know about an upcoming Nintendo announcement, when he hasn't worked for them in a year.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Woah woah woah what the fuck

https://youtu.be/OnwbES0MLxo

• Options
    Do you think Reggie’s sad or bitter that nobody makes any cool funny memes about his year at Gamestop

sig.gif
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

Woah woah woah what the fuck

https://youtu.be/OnwbES0MLxo

Yeah.

He's a marketing guy that makes people want to buy the thing he's in charge of. Regardless of what it is.

He's not our friend though, he was just good at going with what his image was memed into. His job is making the company more money. Even if it means trying to make people think loot boxes weren't that bad.

This discussion has been closed.