As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    First dragonking down! Ended up being FFVII!

I messed up a little in the middle, but still got a 34sec clear so I'm cool with that.

Ran with

Cloud AASB/USB1/GSB+
    Aerith USB2/GSB+
    Mog AASB2/USB1
    Sephiroth AASB1/AASB2/USB2/GSB+
    Zack SASB/AASB/GSB+

Zack and Sephiroth took care of P1 (Though I think Zack could do it on his own). Then Cloud went online during the dragonking wall and slapped him down. Switched to Sephiroth AASB2 at this point too to do fire damage to get around the dampen and deal some nice 99.999 hits with the chase. Somehow felt easier than the DB to be honest.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Got the IV DK on my first try; helps having had experience with several others, and also that all my realm DPS is magic (since I'm using his highness King Mog as my support).

The status effect in that one is Osmose, which could be anywhere from completely irrelevant to utterly crippling depending on what your team is like. Great design /s

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    It's rather frustrating to know that I have a cloudkeeper team that can do the DB, but that my input lag time isn't fast enough to kill it before all the buffs fade, and once those buffs fade you're basically fucked in terms of damage.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Thanks for the bug event reminder. I wish you could auto-run it, but I made a team that can easily auto-battle the last fight, and snagged enough amber to get all the bug nets. Now Dr Mog has a 2/3rd price Arcane.

Now I need to decide if I want to pull on the bug hunt banner before it goes away. The FFVI banner is tempting, but I have Leo’s Awakening, and his Hero Abilotj makes him damn good whether he has a Sync or not. On the other hand, I have a bunch of stuff for Dr Mog, but it’s kind of mismatched. Ive got an Enwater Glint, but not the Water Awakening. I have an Awakening, but it doesn’t give EnAnything. Also, I’ve seen his Sync in action; it can get pretty wild.

Main issue is that the bug banner has Mog’s Awakening 1, which I JUST selected off of that festival prize thing. Would be super annoying to go 1/11 dupe on that. Maybe I go for FFVI anyway? Gau’s stuff is a bit jank, but it’s still powerful, and my Lightning team feels a bit off.

• Options
    Go for VI banner 2, it has Mog AASB2

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Go for VI banner 2, it has Mog AASB2

I’ve got both his Awakenings at this point.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What is even good in the bug hunt shop? I ran all the dungeons but couldn't find anything worth buying.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What is even good in the bug hunt shop? I ran all the dungeons but couldn't find anything worth buying.

The unique get is the Bug Net. It’s a Rod with a +Water effect, which gives Dr Mog an Arcane Overstrike (3 hits, Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy/Water). If you feel like spamming the hell out of the event to collect amber, you can buy 6 copies of that thing, which is enough to fully hone the soul break, making it cost only 2 bars.

There’s also Anima Lenses (1, 2, 3, and + types), as well as a few varieties of rank 6 motes, for record boards.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    and its in kites shop to exchange?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yep, so budget an hour for the store to load.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

The unique get is the Bug Net. It’s a Rod with a +Water effect, which gives Dr Mog an Arcane Overstrike (3 hits, Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy/Water). If you feel like spamming the hell out of the event to collect amber, you can buy 6 copies of that thing, which is enough to fully hone the soul break, making it cost only 2 bars.

There’s also Anima Lenses (1, 2, 3, and + types), as well as a few varieties of rank 6 motes, for record boards.

Welp, guess I'm running that fight another thousand times.

• Options
    Maytag wrote: »

Welp, guess I'm running that fight another thousand times.

For your sanity, I’d put together a team that can auto-battle it. I went with a generic lightning magic team.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Yep, so budget an hour for the store to load.

Eh Dr Mog used his last AOSB exactly zero times so far so eh maybe I'll just not redeem.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    free rainbow crystals, eh it didn't take that long to get those bugs. but hey, it's about your time and how you spend it right?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I don’t think the kite shop takes long to load. And my internet is terrible.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    It literally just took me 30 minutes to grab 15 accessories with the coins. The Kite shop wouldn't be too bad if it didn't limit you to one item at a time and have to load three separate screens to for each one.

• Options
    The random accessories don't feel terribly worth the effort, but I imagine I'll probably want that AOSB honed for when the Core Dreambreaker and Dragonking arrive, since Dr Mog is the chain holder for that.

Just do it while watching TV or whatever.

• Options
    I went with the FFVI banner, and got Gau's second Awakening. It's kinda neat. Twin-element Mode (Wind/Lightning), an extra stack of Enwind/Enlightning after every third attack, and both a dualcast and a rank-based chase.

Main issue is that I don't have much else in the way of Wind and Lightning for him, except his doublecast USB, (which might be enough). Wind's a strongly competitive element (which is a shame because I have his Wind Glint+), but I think he is able to push Lightning out of my lightning team.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Side tangent. I am starting to wonder if I should start trying Reno on my Lightning teams, instead of Prompto. I know, Prompto is almost always a better pick, due to him having more chances to imperil Lightning, and a stronger chain by 2 steps. But against fights like Odin and Leviathan, his lack of Enlightning access is really noticeable. Fights like Odin are a DPS race, and my chain holder having a pair of big handicaps (Mako Might and no aura) is really noticeable, compared to folks like Balthier or Shadow. Reno’s even got an Overstrike-type Bubsy, so he could Break rages.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    FFIX dragonking is a bunch harder than FF7 for sure, did almost get to p3 already though with Vivi SASB ready to slam him. P2 is just a bit rough, I'm either getting everyone online too fast or too slowly and Eiko isn't a great healer at all with just USBs.

Edit: Got to 8%, but learned why you need to put mog in slot 1-3. Didn't have any bar for AASB2.

Maytag on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Grab those accessories from Kite's shop if you haven't.

• Options
    I bit the bullet yesterday or the day before and picked my relics at the last minute:

Daily draw - Umaro SSB. Woo!

Coin selection - Queen AASB, Elarra USB2. Queen's AASB is to go with her CSB/Sync. I probably won't use her CSB over Prompto's unless I'm in a pinch because I'm still going to need imperil support, but two BDLs on a character with a 7-hit ability is nice. Elarra's USB2 is to go with her AASB for fights lasting longer than her Woke mode.

Realm select - Firion AASB/AOSB/LMR. The choice was between Firion and Rinoa since I have one dupe each (Firion AOSB, Rinoa LMR) and I'm looking for more BDLs. Turns out I already have both earth and ice Bubsies for Rinoa already, so Firion was the easy pick.

Stamp - Alisaie USB. It was either going to be Alisaie or Ysayle, since I have both Syncs and very little else (or nothing, in Alisaie's case). Ysayle's USB is lensable, so Alisaie was an obvious choice.

Now my limiting factor is HA lenses. I've got enough for two abilities, but there are so many I want ASAP, chief among them being Red XIII, Vaan, and Queen, with CoD and Auron being close behind.

• Options
    Whoops, I apparently missed one day on cardia.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Whoops, I apparently missed one day on cardia.

I think there's one day of leeway. Grab the 3 coins tonight.

• Options
    Google survey gems: mog awakening.

Okay fine I'll take my first full boost other than Tyro osb

• Options
    So that one is worth honing in isolation and mog's HA is also worth it, right?

Man, honing scrolls are expensive

• Options
    It's handy to have two casts so you can counter two full breaks, yes. Depending on what specific fight you're in, sometimes you only need one. You don't necessarily have to counter Bahamuts first phase full break, for instance. Though that Awakening has an esuna chase which is really handy for dealing with phase one status garbage, so.

Mog hero ability is nice for some extra healing, but the real value is that it also is a MAG buff. For teams with one or fewer mages, I've found it underwhelming. For 2+ mages it is straight money.

• Options
    So that one is worth honing in isolation and mog's HA is also worth it, right?

Man, honing scrolls are expensive

They're expensive, but I used a bunch of level 1 lenses for it because what else am I gonna use them on?

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Took mog for a spin on ff9, since I hadn't re-beaten it with the challenge.

Chopped more than 20 seconds off, replacing fucking zidane with mog (and a few other new toys to be fair). That's bonkers.

E: I guess more replacing tyro with mog and zidane with kuja, but still.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Lightning team question. Working on ATKLightning-weak AOdin. Given a team that has Gau and Queen as the main DPS, should I go with Mog (Awakening1) or Tyro (Dyad, Awakening).

Normally, a physical team has Tyro as a no-brainer pick, especially since his Dyad lets him actually do a little bit of respectable damage. And having an additional bit of offense is nice in a team where the chain holder can't get Enlightning (I dropped the Reno experiment). But both Gau and Queen are capable of getting to 100% crits under their own power. Gau's USB gives him 100% crits (in addition to doublecast Celerity), and Queen's Awakening boosts her Crit rate with each attack, reaching 100% eventually. With that in mind, I'm thinking that Mog's a better pick, for the elemental damage boost and speed boost.

• Options
    You can probably make either work. The weakness damage boost from Mog is small since you aren't doing a full VI team. I'd be inclined to go with Tyro, because he can help break rage with his Dyad, and you may find it useful to have him entrusting. You may not find Mog to be that helpful in dealing with anti heal, since he doesn't stock HP.

If you can figure out the healing between one healer slot and RW, you can always consider a random DPS as an option, too. Even someone like Bartz might have value if you have enough of his AASBs.

Misc thing to be aware of: that Odin apparently has an ATK/mag/MND debuff, which will conflict with Mog's USB.

• Options
    So why was Tidus' dyad considered so good? He only seems to tickle sin.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I can't believe this. I was too busy to deal with Dreambreaker stuff earlier in the week, so I'm trying to frantically re-clear the ones I've already beaten for the missions rather than figure out new ones. I cannot replicate either my XIII or my VII clear. I can't even come particularly close. I only have a couple tries left; I don't see how I don't lose the scrolls at this rate.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options

It's a standard DPS-type Dyad, right?

If so, then it's probably because Tidus has a lot of tools, and can get really speedy as it is, and the Dyad is a costless way for him to get another layer of Enwater and Cap Break.

I've heard that Sin is tough on Water teams in general.

• Options

It's a standard DPS-type Dyad, right?

If so, then it's probably because Tidus has a lot of tools, and can get really speedy as it is, and the Dyad is a costless way for him to get another layer of Enwater and Cap Break.

I've heard that Sin is tough on Water teams in general.

I guess I should hold onto it while I have his awakening active, then, or something.

Paine just seems to do so much more than Tidus, tho.

I might be able to swing an off-water team, but it'd be a stretch, and would be hybrid at best, so that seems unlikely.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

I can consistently get thru P1 Sin with just Tidus ADSB and USB1. The thing about Sin is Tidus needs proper support to cap under 2 BDLs during P3.

Proper Support being Crit Fix and Crit Damage besides the Imperils.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Stopped trying to make cloudkeeper work, beat Ultima Weapon with an earth (nanaki + Tifa + mog + yuffie) team. Still not the fastest, but hey, it worked.

E: and got past 70% dragon with this team and my IX team. So only real goal for before tomorrow refresh is Sin, I guess.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Sweet. I used Mog in that lightning team, and cleared that AOdin. It’s mostly just for the armlet, and because it’s there, at this point. But still, fun.

• Options
    edited April 2021

Sin is just awful, Tidus works way better on dragon king. I almost cleared dragon king sub-30 yesterday with the exact team I used to get a 45sec Sin clear, just misclicked Mog USB1 instead of AASB2 in P3. Still got to 20% hp left and apex rage broken though.

FFX/FFIX/FFVII dragon kings down before the mission went away, feels very good indeed.

Maytag on
  • Options
    MVP newsletter says that the Core Dreambreaker is arriving in mid May. Please look forward to it