As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finally, a video game about the best part of [Star Wars]

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Tonight I watched my favorite Star Wars film, Rogue One.

Boy howdy, that film is a good one.

I wouldn't call it my favorite and it certainly has its share of flaws but I really like the dirty crunchy lived-in quality of everything and the final sequence on Scarif is just aces

Edit: plus Ben Mendelssohn as the galaxy's pettiest imperial officer is fantastic

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Bad Batch seems good, better than I was expecting honestly.

Seems to be consistent with the quality of stuff filoni has his hands in, which is to say - good.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    We're gonna see the rest of that story one day. It could be next week or years from now, but my ass will be in front of a screen when it happens.

However, if they put her in that live action Kenobi show and still keep everything family friendly, we will become lesser as a culture for it.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Maybe the bad batch will travel around the galaxy and assemble all the misfits from the clone wars. Like Asajj, or the deserter.

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    We're gonna see the rest of that story one day. It could be next week or years from now, but my ass will be in front of a screen when it happens.

However, if they put her in that live action Kenobi show and still keep everything family friendly, we will become lesser as a culture for it.

If you looking for asajjs story they had a book based on a unfinished clone wars arc. Dark disciple.

I'm rereading dark rendezvous and man she is a hellcat

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    gat DAMN I want one of those saber deallies.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    As someone who thought the bad batch characters in the last season were the most eye roll-y thing how much better is the new series with 'em?

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    As someone who thought the bad batch characters in the last season were the most eye roll-y thing how much better is the new series with 'em?

Only one over an hour episode so far but they're much better. With the exception of Wrecker they're a lot less WOOOAH ZAANNNNNY CLONES.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Tonight I watched my favorite Star Wars film, Rogue One.

Boy howdy, that film is a good one.

I wouldn't call it my favorite and it certainly has its share of flaws but I really like the dirty crunchy lived-in quality of everything and the final sequence on Scarif is just aces

Edit: plus Ben Mendelssohn as the galaxy's pettiest imperial officer is fantastic

God, he's so good in that particular zone.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I'd watch a show just about him and tarkin sniping at each other

• Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Cristoval wrote: »

Only one over an hour episode so far but they're much better. With the exception of Wrecker they're a lot less WOOOAH ZAANNNNNY CLONES.

Wrecker is pretty annoying though. But he doesn't have that many lines, so it might be bearable.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    bad batch was surprisingly good i'm excited for the rest of them

• Options
    edited May 2021
    star wars thread i'm going to play through as many star wars games as possible for a stream gimmick this is my list tell me what i'm missing

tweet description: it's a tweet authored by me it has a list of star wars games in it. do you want to know what they are? follow me on twitter then

T4CT on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Are you looking for only games available on computer? Or anything? If anything, you're missing:
    -Rogue Squadron 2 (GCN), 3 (GCN), and Battle for Naboo (basically Rogue Squadron 1.5) (N64)
    -Jedi Starfighter (Ps2)
    -Obi-Wan (Xbox)
    -All the "Super" games (Super Star Wars, etc)
    -Episode 1 (Ps1) and Episode 3 (Ps2, Xbox) games
    -Racer Revenge (Ps2)
    -The Clone Wars (Ps2, GCN, Xbox)
    -Jedi Power Battles (Ps1)
    -There's like 10 Lego Star Wars games, but the ones I remember are 1 (Prequels), 2 (Classic Trilogy), 3 (Clone Wars Cartoon), Sequel Trilogy (not sure of the name), redo of the "Skywalker Saga"
    -Super Bombad Racing (actually don't play this) (Ps2)
    -Demolition (it's like Vigilante 8 or Twisted Metal, basically) (Ps1, Dreamcast)
    -Kinect (X360)

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Are uou looking for only games available on computer? Or anything? If anything, you're missing:
    -Rogue Squadron 2 (GCN), 3 (GCN), and Battle for Naboo (basically Rogue Squadron 1.5) (N64)
    -Jedi Starfighter (Ps2)
    -Obi-Wan (Xbox)
    -Racer Revenge (Ps2)
    -There's like 10 Lego Star Wars games, but the ones I remember are 1 (Prequels), 2 (Classic Trilogy), 3 (Clone Wars Cartoon), Sequel Trilogy (not sure of the name), redo of the "Skywalker Saga"
    -Demolition (it's like Vigilante 8 or Twisted Metal, basically) (Ps1, Dreamcast)
    -Kinect (X360)

all good questions. I'm interested in playing as many as possible so it's contingent on accessibility to some of them (like, can I actually find them). Some are easier than others

Lego Star Wars I have decided I will play one of, there are too many otherwise. the rest of this list is great, thank you. does anything stand out to you in the list you provided

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Bad Batch was pretty rad actually.

I thought it was aggressively fine, I really really did not like the kid

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    T4CT wrote: »
    Are uou looking for only games available on computer? Or anything? If anything, you're missing:
    -Jedi Starfighter (Ps2)
    -Obi-Wan (Xbox)
    -Racer Revenge (Ps2)
    -Kinect (X360)

all good questions. I'm interested in playing as many as possible so it's contingent on accessibility to some of them (like, can I actually find them). Some are easier than others

Lego Star Wars I have decided I will play one of, there are too many otherwise. the rest of this list is great, thank you. does anything stand out to you in the list you provided

The best game on this list above is Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. Rogue 3 actually has the full campaign from Rogue 2 as a 2 player co-op campaign, but its own campaign is much worse and there are some rather noticeable bugs in the Rogue 2 levels. Kinect is the most memeable game here, your stream might get a kick out of how silly it is (presuming they aren't already tired of when it made the meme circuit on release). If you're interested in following a lineage or idea, you could say:
    Jedi Power Battles and Obi-Wan are early attempts at the third person Jedi action game, which is then improved into the basic but fun Episode 3 game which is then refined into Force Unleashed which is eventually superseded by Jedi: Fallen Order.

You could also pitch Demolition => Battle for Naboo => The Clone Wars => Rogue Squadron 3 as the rough prototype for what was eventually FAR more successful as Battlefront.

(Also, I forgot, the Episode 2 based Jedi Starfighter was a direct sequel for "Starfighter" which was a Ps2 game where you fly the Naboo starfighter).

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    is star wars kinect the one that has the incredible dance game with Han Solo/Princess Leia? If not you should definitely do that one.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Bad Batch was pretty rad actually.

I thought it was aggressively fine, I really really did not like the kid

*Ashoka origin flashbacks intensify *

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Load up Starfleet Academy for April Fools

• Options
    I thought the kid was fine. Way better than Ahsoka at the start. But maybe I'm grading her on a curve with Wrecker. Her imitating Tracker was a nice litttle running gag, I think.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh I thought of another good thing

"Scum."

"Rebel scum."

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    oh I thought of another good thing

"Scum."

"Rebel scum."

That line was so good that I guarantee it was ad-libbed by Boyega.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I still like Babu Frik.

I didn’t shit my pants over him like the internet, but he was a neat bit of fun in an otherwise dogshit movie.

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    is star wars kinect the one that has the incredible dance game with Han Solo/Princess Leia? If not you should definitely do that one.

hmmm i gave my kinect to my parents and siblings i wonder if they still have it.....very interesting

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    I still like Babu Frik.

I didn’t shit my pants over him like the internet, but he was a neat bit of fun in an otherwise dogshit movie.

That drunk baby asshole was one of the few good things in that nightmare

Also

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Bloods End wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    I still like Babu Frik.

That drunk baby asshole was one of the few good things in that nightmare

Also

man, even that one clip is just, god, it's so bad and cringey. Not Babu Frick in particular, but the Poe/Girl interaction

Man, I really, really dislike that movie

cursedking on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    -Jedi Starfighter (Ps2)
    -Obi-Wan (Xbox)
    -Racer Revenge (Ps2)
    -Kinect (X360)

Unless I missed them grouped into some other heading, there's also the 90's FMV rail shooters Rebel Assault and Rebel Assault 2

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That is 100% the same audio clip.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I assume Babu Frik being bad and cringey is part of the nihilistic love people have for them.

I'm just happy people are getting enjoyment out of that movie. I didn't hate watching it, but I kind of consider it a really high-budget fan film and still wonder what really happened to those characters after TLJ.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    -Jedi Starfighter (Ps2)
    -Obi-Wan (Xbox)
    -Racer Revenge (Ps2)
    -Kinect (X360)

Unless I missed them grouped into some other heading, there's also the 90's FMV rail shooters Rebel Assault and Rebel Assault 2

I don't see X-wing Alliance there either.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I assume Babu Frik being bad and cringey is part of the nihilistic love people have for them.

I'm just happy people are getting enjoyment out of that movie. I didn't hate watching it, but I kind of consider it a really high-budget fan film and still wonder what really happened to those characters after TLJ.

Yeah I wanted to clarify, I don't really have a problem with Babu Frik, it was really the scenes surrounding him that I had an immediate reaction to. Babu Frik being a bit Too Much is like, so far down on my list of things I would criticize about the movie that honestly he's at least something where I'm like oh hey it's this guy, this isn't horrible at least

cursedking on
  • Options
    So after episode 2 of the bad batch I think this might become the A-Team in space?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I hated TRoS so much that I needed something to latch onto and Babu Frik was it, so completely out of place and bad that he managed to somehow also rule, like ok the dumbest part of this dumb movie is also somehow the best.

• Options
    Apparently Babu Frik wasn't originally in that last scene, but since he tested well people were worried he got yeeted on whatever planet that was that asploded, so they just inserted him into Zori's spaceship. You can literally see him just slide animate into frame, so I wouldn't be surprised if they re-used his "eh-heeeey" from the previous scene too.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's quite funny to me that Omega's voice actor is clearly the only actual Kiwi on the cast when you put her in with Dee Bradley Baker... doing his best

• Options
    Every alien design in TRoS sucks shit, especially Babu Frik but especially smooth calamari.
    E0izr9nWQAkMnN3.jpg

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    I don't think it was mentioned for your Star Wars playthrough, but the best Star Wars game of all time is missing from that list:

Rebellion.

• Options
    Tros is such a surprisingly bad movie at near every level. I continually find new things to just be dumbfounded by.

This discussion has been closed.