Options

Please Do Not Shit In The [Employee Lounge]

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yup. We were getting 20-30 per week before Nintendo made their announcement about tripling production. We got six in the week after Christmas and got in another three last weekend. That's it.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    RE: Year and half old TV:

We keep offering extended warranties to customers, they keep declining it, often while being rude, saying these are scam or bullshit, and then they come back with their defective electronics and expect us to just replace them because it's only been [6 months/a year/a fucking long time]. And then, when we offer an extended warranty on a new product they buy, they STILL refuse it, STILL insisting that it's a scam.

It's incredible, really. "If it doesn't break in the first 30 days I have to bring it here, or in the first manufacturer's warranty year, it won't break at all."

Indeed. This must be why our repair/warranty centre is full of defective computers.

Djiem on
  • Options
    RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    chasm wrote: »
    Yup. We were getting 20-30 per week before Nintendo made their announcement about tripling production. We got six in the week after Christmas and got in another three last weekend. That's it.
    Where do you work?

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oh, no shit. The extended warranty offered through Wal-Mart now covers everything but customer abuse. And 9/10 times, people still refuse it.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    apotheos wrote: »
    Hello guys!

Lets remember that the G&T Employee Lounge is for the ranting of G&T related jobs. This is not a general bitching and moaning post for any job under the sun.

So if you sell games or make games feel free to post about funny stuff.

Do not post about folding flags.

Example:
    I work at BioWare and since I like my job I'm telling you nothing.

The flag dude works in IT. IT is T related.

Yeah I apologize apotheos, I didn't clarify: I work in IT for my company. Which is why that whole "flag folding" deal really pissed me off.

urahonky on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Hmm. I get the feeling I'm getting shit on at work today.

I come in today with my coat on, and my supervisor is like: "Don't take off your coat. I need you to do something for me." Which is normally a bad sign that you're going to be doing something outside.

Sure enough, there about about 30 boxes that need to be taken out to the trash. Not only is is cold as fuck today, but it's windy as hell too. The dumpster is also on the clear end of the parking lot.

<shit, gotta go do something, I'll edit it in or continue on another post>

This happened to me the other day. Only I didn't bring a coat. And my manager wouldn't let go through the back door, so I had to walk all the way to the other side of the strip mall, all the way to the dumpster behind, and all the way back. He never once said anything about it, even though it had to be 30 degrees at the most.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Just for clarification..are IT related jobs fit for this thread due to the technology half of G&T, or is it just the Games Employee lounge.

I too, would like clarification on this.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I come in today with my coat on, and my supervisor is like: "Don't take off your coat. I need you to do something for me." Which is normally a bad sign that you're going to be doing something outside.

Sure enough, there about about 30 boxes that need to be taken out to the trash. Not only is is cold as fuck today, but it's windy as hell too. The dumpster is also on the clear end of the parking lot.

This happened to me the other day. Only I didn't bring a coat. And my manager wouldn't let go through the back door, so I had to walk all the way to the other side of the strip mall, all the way to the dumpster behind, and all the way back. He never once said anything about it, even though it had to be 30 degrees at the most.

He has to be breaking some law. You can't just throw your employees in the freezing cold without providing them with some sort of coat.

Djiem on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Oh shit Zombie, that sucks hardcore man. (Same with you Talios!) I really do hate when they do that shit to me.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Well he dealt with the customers all day (I only used the register once), so I can forgive him.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I hate it when my manager is told to have me do a fairly large task, and forgets to tell me to do it until I ask if there is anything else I need to do right before I clock out.

Like, 2 minutes before the "scheduled" clock out time.

I ended up being outside in 30 degree weather picking up trash out of the nasty mud around the dumpsters out back. While it was really windy out.

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Re: the whole extended warranty thing... I've never bought one, mostly because of the whole "buy it on Visa, double the manufacturers warranty thing." That being said, there's no excuse for people to be rude when refusing it. Or, you know, most things. I almost feel bad, knowing most of the sales people must have managers breathing down their necks to sell the things.

However, there are some things where I could see it being useful - specifically when buying a DLP TV, projector, or anything else where a component is pretty certain to need replacement.

Also, I'm so fucking glad it's Friday tomorrow. Here's a quick one from work today:

My totally awesome manager: "Do you think you could come in for a bit on Sunday?"
    Me: "Erm... It's kind of the Superbowl... So, uh, doubtful."
    Her: "Oh shit, you're right! Don't worry about it!"

I love my job.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Kaz71Kaz71 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    I hate it when my manager is told to have me do a fairly large task, and forgets to tell me to do it until I ask if there is anything else I need to do right before I clock out.

Like, 2 minutes before the "scheduled" clock out time.

I ended up being outside in 30 degree weather picking up trash out of the nasty mud around the dumpsters out back. While it was really windy out.

Ah Grasshopper, you must perfect the art of ninja and become as the wind during the last 15 minutes of your shift. Let no managerial eyes spy your movements nor annoying customer seek you out. Flee! Flee like the wind! To freedom!

Kaz71 on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Thing is, we have to check with the manager before we check out, and me being a "good" employee, I always ask for more work before I clock out. They usually let me clock out, and make the others do it, because I asked, but it is on occasion when they throw big shit at me.

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    From Wal-Mart and now Blockbuster, I love when people ask me for ridiculous games completely seriously. Like two customers, one at each, separated by years, that wanted to buy GTA for GameCube. Or people that have asked what Mario games are available for 360. Parents that rent M games for their nine-year-olds even after I point out the rating (and explain that means it's 'like an R-rated movie') are also hilarious (and sad).

There was also the customer that came in and told me a story about how he went to England for his friend's birthday party, which was Power Ranger themed. He was in his early 20s, and the party was fairly recent. It got better, as they were soon wearing the original outfits and bad guy costumes his friend somehow owned. Then some of the original cast showed up. Then they were playing a virtual reality game. In the suits. Against the cast members...ALSO IN THE SUITS.

All coming from a grown man sporting a beard, that could not be more serious and excited about this impossible experience. Although if that happened to me, I'd be fucking excited too.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I've been asked what Mario games are on the PS2. But it was a 10 year old kid or something, so I didn't have a problem with it. Most depressing moment(s): when a kid, who had to be 6 years old, bought God of War. His parents couldn't care less. Admittedly this wasn't when I worked in retail, but I had lost hope for good parenting.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I had a guy come in today wanting some copies of one of his keys. It said "DO NOT DUPLICATE" on it, so naturally I asked him "What's this key for?"

His response:

"A door."

Needless to say, he didn't get a copy.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So it took a while, but I finally had something really crappy happen to me while working as a substitute teacher.

As a sub, you end up working at a bunch of different schools (obviously). However, if you get a school that likes you, you end up with them asking you in a lot more. That part is good; it means that you know what days you're working well ahead of time and you get familiar with how that school works, making your job easier.

Anyway, I've been working at one elementary school almost every week for the last 3-4 months. Kids? Great. Teachers? Great. Principal? Fuckhead. Big surprise there.

See, I was late for duty (basically standing out in front of the school before school starts so the little dumbbots don't get run over by cars going 10 miles an hour) once last week. Once. After months of working there. So the principal gets on my case a little bit, but it was understandable because I was late and then asks me to come see him in his office the next time I sub. Being massively busy with a bunch of kids, I have zero free time (not even lunch) 'til the end of the day and, of course, forget to go see him. Human mistake, right? Not something that'd end the lives of millions?

This morning I show up at 8:31 for a school that starts at 9:00. Duty doesn't start for another 15 minutes and I don't even have duty. I'm there before most of the teachers are even there. The guy sees me signing in, calls me into his office, and gets pissy at me for being there at 8:31 instead of 8:30.

Basically, he goes on and on, commenting that I need to have more "professionalism" and even goes as far as threatening to write a letter to keep me from subbing at that school (which is a very real option we're warned about). He's getting angrier and redder the entire time (and I'm not even remotely provoking him), but I seriously couldn't even get worked up over it at the time. Not even a little. Even now I'm not angry about it, I'm just relating a story about a crappy guy. Why am I not angry? Because the guy is 100% Grade AAA Head-Up-His-Own-Fat-Ass.

I've had zero complaints from the dozen-odd teachers I've worked for and this administrative moron is going to get all over my case because I'm there one minute past eight thirty? All I could think of was how bad I felt for the teachers because they have to put up with idiots like that on top of dealing with a class full of kids.

And the irony of his threatening to get me banned from subbing at the school? I can work at any school in the district. There's something like fifty other elementary schools (and then there's the middle and high schools on top of that) and there hasn't been a day yet where every school that needed subs got them. I work at that particular one because it makes life easier for the teachers to have a reliable sub.

Schools are dying for extra money in the budget and they have to shell out cash for worthless wastes of salary like these guys.

Moral of the story? Principals never stop sucking. Ever.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Seeing my little brother playing GTA at age 11 or so, while I was hyped over my brand new copy of Billy Hatcher, was really...uh, I don't know the proper way to describe it. Disappointing?

Although it was pretty hilarious when this little kid and his parents came up to rent Bujingai. I told him I heard it was actually a pretty good game. He said it was his fourth time renting it, he'd already beaten it three times. Now that's inspiring.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oh, almost forgot this one:

"I need a power cable."

"What kind, sir?"

"Electrical."

"For what."

"A comp-u-ter."

We saunter over to the computer accessory aisle, and I hand him a standard AC cord for a computer/monitor/whatever.

"But this doesn't look like the righ--"

"Nope. Power cable for a computer." And I walked off. Just because you're old doesn't mean you get to be an asshole.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Schools are dying for extra money in the budget and they have to shell out cash for worthless wastes of salary like these guys.

Moral of the story? Principals never stop sucking. Ever.

I've long since stopped trying to keep track of people whose sole job it is to somehow justify their employment by being angry, demeaning others, or some combination of the two.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, I was an Apple Genius for 2 years. God, do I have stories.

Stories for another day, maybe.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Old people...oh man. I was playing a CD in a player up at Wal-Mart, because it was the middle of the night and I was alone and bored. It was a burned copy of a German darkwave band. Yeah.

So this old guy...gray hair, overalls, ballcap...looked like he just stepped off a tractor. Anyways, he stops the player and looks at the unlabled CD. I figure he's annoyed at the music. No...he asks me what the band is and what type of music that is. He actually wanted me to write it down so he could look for it later.

Blew my mind.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The one thing that has really been bothing me lately is when people ask for vague titles without saying the system.

"Hey I'm looking for Need for Speed, do you have it?"

It's grating.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

You just broke the rules of the thread.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I have an...interesting story. These are the kind of customers that just can't get it through their heads that I don't make company policies. Get over it, not my fault.

Guy comes in with unopened PS3. He tells me, "I didn't even get a chance to play it." That's cool, wifey told him to bring it back or he needed money. Small problem: it's been 8 days. We only do returns for 7. He gets angry, and we tell him he could trade it in for about $240. He gets even more angry, which is understandable. I wouldn't want to be in that situation. So he leaves, and says he'll take it to Wal-Mart or something. Then he mutters something before leaving, meaning for us to hear it: "Guess I'll find some other way to pay the divorce lawyer."

Now there are two things that could have happened here: 1) he's an idiot and bought a PS3 while getting a divorce he couldn't pay for, or 2) he "acquired" the PS3 from someone else, threw a fit because he didn't get free money, and tried to earn some pity by telling me he's in a bad situation. I told him I was sorry, but I should have told him to piss off, looking back.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    YodaTuna wrote: »

You just broke the rules of the thread.

Not intentionally. I'll be typing out a story tomorrow, but I wanted to mark this thread incase I forget. I don't mean to be a tease.

I promise, I'm just really sleepy.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    The one thing that has really been bothing me lately is when people ask for vague titles without saying the system.

"Hey I'm looking for Need for Speed, do you have it?"

It's grating.

Giving them a blank stare for a few moments, to see if they actually offer any more information, is usually pretty fun. Or just say "Yes," and then don't clarify any further unless they press you. If you have to actually ask them, and they can't even identify the system, that's even more amusing. I don't know how many times I heard 'GameStation' at Wal-Mart.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Sony Wiistation.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    chasm wrote: »
    Sony Wiistation.

Playstation 64
    Nintendo Playstation(which was actually almost reality)
    Sony 64
    Super Sony
    Super Playstation.

I've heard a lot of really good ones.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    theclamtheclam Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You don't know how many times I've been asked if we have any Wii games. At first, I would tell people, "Yes." They'd often ask how many we had, to which I'd reply, "uuhhh, about 50 or so, I guess." Then they would immediately hang up and rush down to our store, at which point we'd point them to the wall full of Wii games. They'd grab one of our empty system display boxes and bring it to the counter to pay. At that point, we'd tell them we were sold out of systems. Then we would get into a long argument about what constitutes lying and about using the correct terminology.

Now, I always ask if they mean the systems. About 10-15% of customers look at me like I'm a complete idiot, then say that they're looking for the games. It pisses me off that I have to treat customers like morons just so they won't yell at me, only to get yelled at by the few customers that are not idiots.
    I have an...interesting story. These are the kind of customers that just can't get it through their heads that I don't make company policies. Get over it, not my fault.

Guy comes in with unopened PS3. He tells me, "I didn't even get a chance to play it." That's cool, wifey told him to bring it back or he needed money. Small problem: it's been 8 days. We only do returns for 7. He gets angry, and we tell him he could trade it in for about $240. He gets even more angry, which is understandable. I wouldn't want to be in that situation. So he leaves, and says he'll take it to Wal-Mart or something. Then he mutters something before leaving, meaning for us to hear it: "Guess I'll find some other way to pay the divorce lawyer."

Now there are two things that could have happened here: 1) he's an idiot and bought a PS3 while getting a divorce he couldn't pay for, or 2) he "acquired" the PS3 from someone else, threw a fit because he didn't get free money, and tried to earn some pity by telling me he's in a bad situation. I told him I was sorry, but I should have told him to piss off, looking back.
    Are you at Gamestop, too? It's 30 days on anything unopened. Although, for anything as expensive as a PS3, I'll always ask for government ID, the original receipt, and the original credit card (if that's what they paid with). 90% of the time on something like that, it's a scam.

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    theclam wrote: »
    You don't know how many times I've been asked if we have any Wii games. At first, I would tell people, "Yes." They'd often ask how many we had, to which I'd reply, "uuhhh, about 50 or so, I guess." Then they would immediately hang up and rush down to our store, at which point we'd point them to the wall full of Wii games. They'd grab one of our empty system display boxes and bring it to the counter to pay. At that point, we'd tell them we were sold out of systems. Then we would get into a long argument about what constitutes lying and about using the correct terminology.

Now, I always ask if they mean the systems. About 10-15% of customers look at me like I'm a complete idiot, then say that they're looking for the games. It pisses me off that I have to treat customers like morons just so they won't yell at me, only to get yelled at by the few customers that are not idiots.

Are you at Gamestop, too? It's 30 days on anything unopened. Although, for anything as expensive as a PS3, I'll always ask for government ID, the original receipt, and the original credit card (if that's what they paid with). 90% of the time on something like that, it's a scam.
    This might be a bit off topic, but I'm applying for a job at GS mondey. How much do new GS employees get paid?

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The best part?

"Y'all got any Wii games?"

"Yes...75 or so."

*I walk them over to the case*

"No, we looking for the game, not the tapes."

Now, seriously, where the fuck do people get this idea that games are on tapes? And why do people refer to systems as games??

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NegrodamusNegrodamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So...last year I was labeled "iPod Expert" for the holiday season. It was pretty much the last thing I wanted to be responsible for during christmas time.

The best part: I got a free 30 GB video for my 'services'.
    The worst part: Customer interactions...such as-

"What's the difference between that iPod and an .mp3 player?"

I only answered this question seriously the first few days. After that, it was pretty much any random bullshit I could come up with.

"Well sir, iPods are the only ones that will play music you downloaded illegally"

"The iPod's battery doesn't ever need to be charged.

(And then when i felt like having fun)

Just buy this dock, plug this cable into it and your computer, and leave the iPod in the dock. But be sure to keep your computer on while the iPod is plugged in though, or it will delete your music."

And I always got a good laugh out of the broken-English speaking customers referring to the iPod as the "iPut" a gigabyte as a "jiggabyte"

example- "Hi, you have iPut? 4 jigga?"

Sometimes I miss the sales floor...

Negrodamus on
    XBL: P3rcyMiracl3s | PSN: gumby24
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    theclam wrote: »

Well, technically it was opened, but the system and all the games were still wrapped. So it's 7 days.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's nice that at my Blockbuster, I'm labeled as the "Game Guy". I keep up on what's coming out and what's good for everybody, what's fun to play for family and what's generally crap (which can be rather difficult on Wii stuff). However we recently got robbed (smashed our exit door and made off with about A-F on 360 games, and D-Z on Wii game as well as a PS3) and so some people go home disappointed.

I see one kid, who was looking for a couple of games. I think one was God of War 2. Eventually he picks up the display box of Playboy. I ask him if there's a white dead-box behind it. His response is negative and I tell him that we don't have it in right now. I then look in the drawer to doublecheck and tell one of my co-workers that even if the game was in stock, I sure as hell wasn't going rent to a ten year old for two reasons. One, he's ten and it's Playboy, and Two, the game's not that good either.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Disco BanditDisco Bandit Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Negrodamus wrote: »
    snip

Man, you're so cool, outright lying to customers and making fun of those damn foreigners.

Disco Bandit on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5412 9146 7564
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hooray for the return of the Employee Lounge Thread! :D

As your envoy in the archaic and decrepit world of banking, I shall regale you with more tales.

Today young twibbles I shall focus on a subject dear to my colon and apt at producing prodigious quantities of internal froth spewing rage at customers.

The subject?

BLOODY FUCKING WIRE TRANSFERS!!!!

For the un-inclined as many folks who send wire transfers are these days, to do a wire transfer within the United States, you ABSOLUTELY (no ifs ands butts or bojangles) must have at least the following:

-Destination Account Number
    -Destination Bank Routing Number
    -Name of Person receiving the wire.
    -Name of the bloody fucking bank (Can't believe how many times people don't even bother providing this little nugget of information)

If you're doing international transfers you're also going to need to know if your'e going to covert the currency now or have it converted at the destination bank along with, (depending on the country):

-a SWIFT code
    - Intermediary Bank information if your destination bank can't accept direct wires (thank god those are few and far in-between)

Here at my bank, we go a few steps further (due to the oh-so-wonderful deluge of wire-fraud scams of late) and require that you also provide the address of the person we're sending it to as well as the receiving bank's address. This works in both of our benefits because if the person sending the wire seems to exhibit the collective IQ of a turnip as I had today, it allows our wire transfer department to make sure that the money gets there and you don't have to pay multiple re-sending fees every time it gets sent back due to errors.

Today the customer I had seemed to have a hard time grasping these few simple concepts when filling out our very very clearly labeled form.

CS: "Okay I fill out form! Here! *Shoves it at me very importantly like* Do wire!

Me: "Uhhh...ok Ma'am let me see the wire form for you...

...Well...we have a few problems here....You put your receiving person in the SWIFT Code area, the destination account number in the Address Area (They weren't even next to each other!!!), I'm not sure that's even a proper SWIFT code.... and the name of the Bank as Australia New Zealand....."

CS: Yah, dat' all I need. I call mah sister der she says that info correct!

Me: Well unfortunately ma'am this form is incorrectly filled out, we'll have to do another one, plus we're going to need the name of the bank and the address of the receiving bank as well as her address to complete the wire, otherwise it will get sent back...

No sooner had I explained this that she launched into a vehement denial that she had the wrong or incomplete information, and that the bank's name was indeed Australia New Zealand....not sure how she came to that conclusion but after a bunch of wrangling with AND having her speak to a manager as she openly called me a complete idiot for not doing her wire (thank god the manager backed me up and shut her down) she finally left the bank in a huff only to come back later very sheepishly showing the correct wire form and we got that damn thing done.

Like it was mentioned before, hate people.... -_-

Thegreatcow on
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So.

How many former gamestop employees find themselves spending hours in the store they used too work at just hanging out?

It's been 3 months and it's still the place I go when I'm really lonely.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ...Well...we have a few problems here....You put your receiving person in the SWIFT Code area, the destination account number in the Address Area (They weren't even next to each other!!!), I'm not sure that's even a proper SWIFT code.... and the name of the Bank as Australia New Zealand....."

Well, we do have a bank called ANZ, which I assume stands for Australia and New Zealand. She got the name wrong, yes, but it seems like a simple mistake to make.

AnteCantelope on
This discussion has been closed.