Options

Please Do Not Shit In The [Employee Lounge]

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So.

How many former gamestop employees find themselves spending hours in the store they used too work at just hanging out?

It's been 3 months and it's still the place I go when I'm really lonely.

Occasionally I would before I got hired after seasonal last year. But I don't think I'm sticking around for much longer, retail isn't my bag.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    NoelVeigaNoelVeiga Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    THE LIST: (of weird shit I've been asked for in my comic book shop):

Watch a DVD. Not buy it, watch it in the shop.

Lots and lots of videogames.

Permission to grease the door.

Tobacco.

Cel phone hacking.

A drunk romanian came in with an open discman and requested I put something in it. I really can't summarize that one any better.

"Things"

Candy.

A price cut on two Rey Misterio action figures. Followed by the story of how a Spanish wrestler once broke the coxis of a black man in the US and the mafia killed him for it in Miami.

The Necronomicon, with velvet covers. I actually HAD that, which is even weirder.

NoelVeiga on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NoelVeiga wrote: »
    THE LIST: (of weird shit I've been asked for in my comic book shop):

Watch a DVD. Not buy it, watch it in the shop.

Lots and lots of videogames.

Permission to grease the door.

Tobacco.

Cel phone hacking.

A drunk romanian came in with an open discman and requested I put something in it. I really can't summarize that one any better.

"Things"

Candy.

A price cut on two Rey Misterio action figures. Followed by the story of how a Spanish wrestler once broke the coxis of a black man in the US and the mafia killed him for it in Miami.

The Necronomicon, with velvet covers. I actually HAD that, which is even weirder.

Wow, I think after someone asked me for permission to grease the door I would have quit. Maybe at the Necronomicon.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was once asked to cut off the big, metal ropes/cords that held an LCD monitor to a shelf. Yes, to cut off, for a customer, the very thing that was put in place to keep anyone from removing it. The sole reason that is there is to keep you from picking up the monitor. If I cut it off whenever someone asked, what would be the point?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    wunderbar wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    Sony Wiistation.

Playstation 64
    Nintendo Playstation(which was actually almost reality)
    Sony 64
    Super Sony
    Super Playstation.

I've heard a lot of really good ones.

My Mam told a couple of my friends a year ago that she was getting me a console for Christmas. Unfortunately she's utterly hopeless with names and told them that I'd be getting:

"One of those Nintendo Willy-boxes"

My friends still call it that now.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Sony Wiistation.

Playstation 64
    Nintendo Playstation(which was actually almost reality)
    Sony 64
    Super Sony
    Super Playstation.

I've heard a lot of really good ones.

My Mam told a couple of my friends a year ago that she was getting me a console for Christmas. Unfortunately she's utterly hopeless with names and told them that I'd be getting:

"One of those Nintendo Willy-boxes"

My friends still call it that now.

Nintendo didn't make it easy on themselves did they?

subedii on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ruins wrote: »
    This might be a bit off topic, but I'm applying for a job at GS mondey. How much do new GS employees get paid?

Not well.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    Ruins wrote: »
    This might be a bit off topic, but I'm applying for a job at GS mondey. How much do new GS employees get paid?

Not well.

Unless things have changed, expect minimum wage. If you have lots of retali experience, speak Spanish (it says bi-lingual, but they mean Spanish), and a college degree, you can get an extra buck or so, but don't expect much.
    So.

How many former gamestop employees find themselves spending hours in the store they used too work at just hanging out?

Less so now... most of the good people left, and really, the store is full of morons now. It's sad. :(

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SkutaiSkutai Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I work at a game studio owned by EA. However, it's not the one that works on Madden. My team also doesn't do anything related to customer service.

Yet someone got the number of one of the guys on my team and left this lovely message. Listen, won't you?

Skutai on
  • Options
    MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Skutai wrote: »
    I work at a game studio owned by EA. However, it's not the one that works on Madden. My team also doesn't do anything related to customer service.

Yet someone got the number of one of the guys on my team and left this lovely message. Listen, won't you?

D:

There are no words.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So.

I didn't work at gamestop but I still had my old uniform and would often crash the party in it. It's been almost a year now, I should just show up one day in it.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well since I'm no longer with Apple, this seems as good a time as any to relate some of the amazing situations I've found myself in.

I was a Mac Genius for 2 years. What a lot of people don't realize is that the Mac Genius has the ability to do pretty much anything they want for a customer, almost up to the same level as the store manager. For the very few things we couldn't do, all it took was pulling aside a manager and saying "I want to do X for the customer because of X." If your reasoning was well thought out, it would be done. That said, a lot of customers immediately busted out the "I don't even want to deal with you because I think I'll get better results if I just insult you and ask for a manager."

Not a smart move, typically. Either personally, or via my co-workers, I've seen all manner of disrespect. Customers throw iPods when we won't replace them. One nearly hit me in the face. There's still a dent in the wall behind a certain genius bar, no less. One of my coworkers had a customer with a fairly imagined problem (something along the lines of "my fans come on too much when I use Final Cut on my laptop"). When my coworker explained to him that an aging PowerBook G4 is going to need some fan-power while running the most processor-intensive application Apple produces, the customer proceeded to go ape-shit. I believe the exact quote was something along the lines of:

"I DON'T NEED YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO USE FINAL CUT. I'M A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO EDITOR. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB YOU RETARDED MONKEY! NOW GO IN THE BACK AND FIX MY GODDAMN COMPUTER, MONKEY! GET ME YOUR BOSS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO YOUR FUCKING JOB, YOU MONKEY!"

Yeah. I've also had customers that have asked for a manager when they realize I won't give them their impossible dream, but have added "and I don't want to talk to a woman or a n*****."

Little did they know, most of our managers were either african-american or members of the fairer sex, so I didn't put much effort into looking for any white males.

There was also the guy that asked if I could give him directions to "that jew camera store" (meaning B&H Photo in NYC).

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

D:

There are no words.

wow.....

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

D:

There are no words.

Am I horrible for laughing and wishing that the message were on my phone instead? I mean, that's funny shit right there. :lol:

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SkutaiSkutai Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Am I horrible for laughing and wishing that the message were on my phone instead? I mean, that's funny shit right there. :lol:
    Yea, we weren't really offended by it. Just amazed that it happened. I particularly like how he starts out all polite.

"Hi Tim..."

Skutai on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well since I'm no longer with Apple, this seems as good a time as any to relate some of the amazing situations I've found myself in.

I was a Mac Genius for 2 years. What a lot of people don't realize is that the Mac Genius has the ability to do pretty much anything they want for a customer, almost up to the same level as the store manager. For the very few things we couldn't do, all it took was pulling aside a manager and saying "I want to do X for the customer because of X." If your reasoning was well thought out, it would be done. That said, a lot of customers immediately busted out the "I don't even want to deal with you because I think I'll get better results if I just insult you and ask for a manager."

Not a smart move, typically. Either personally, or via my co-workers, I've seen all manner of disrespect. Customers throw iPods when we won't replace them. One nearly hit me in the face. There's still a dent in the wall behind a certain genius bar, no less. One of my coworkers had a customer with a fairly imagined problem (something along the lines of "my fans come on too much when I use Final Cut on my laptop"). When my coworker explained to him that an aging PowerBook G4 is going to need some fan-power while running the most processor-intensive application Apple produces, the customer proceeded to go ape-shit. I believe the exact quote was something along the lines of:

"I DON'T NEED YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO USE FINAL CUT. I'M A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO EDITOR. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB YOU RETARDED MONKEY! NOW GO IN THE BACK AND FIX MY GODDAMN COMPUTER, MONKEY! GET ME YOUR BOSS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO YOUR FUCKING JOB, YOU MONKEY!"

Yeah. I've also had customers that have asked for a manager when they realize I won't give them their impossible dream, but have added "and I don't want to talk to a woman or a n*****."

Little did they know, most of our managers were either african-american or members of the fairer sex, so I didn't put much effort into looking for any white males.

There was also the guy that asked if I could give him directions to "that jew camera store" (meaning B&H Photo in NYC).

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Man, I wish I didn't read this post. I hate humanity enough as it is now...
    A woman or a n*****? What the hell?
    Well, I guess this makes for interesting conversations when the only manager on duty is a black woman. :lol:

Usually, when customers are insulting like this, I take it upon myself to make sure they never even reach management and just leave unsatisfied.

Djiem on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I am neither shocked nor surprised at a story which has apple users being douchebags.

Khavall on
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Negrodamus wrote: »
    snip

Man, you're so cool, outright lying to customers and making fun of those damn foreigners.

I know. Its not like its his job to inform the uneducated clients about the product.... oh wait...

muninn on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    muninn wrote: »
    snip

Man, you're so cool, outright lying to customers and making fun of those damn foreigners.

I know. Its not like its his job to inform the uneducated clients about the product.... oh wait...

Here, people refer to refrigerators are Frigidaire most of the time (the same way you'd say Band-Aid instead of adhesive strip or Nintendo instead of video game console (if you're old)).

When people ask me what the difference is between an iPod and a MP3 player, I say "The same as a Frigidaire and a refrigetator. An iPod actually is an MP3 player."

Analogies are the best way to get something through a customer. It's informative, it's not insulting in any way, and you still get to make a creative response to what seems like a stupid question to you.

Djiem on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008

I also work at a game studio owned by EA, and boy does our receptionist have the best stories.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So while i dont work at EBgames i did witness this and had to chime in.

Woman "I'm looking for a game for my son, hes only 9. Do you think assassin's Creed is appropriate for a 9 year old?"

Me " I'm sorry to but in, but mam, seriously?!? its called ASSASSIN'S Creed."

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    muninn wrote: »
    snip

Here, people refer to refrigerators are Frigidaire most of the time (the same way you'd say Band-Aid instead of adhesive strip or Nintendo instead of video game console (if you're old)).

When people ask me what the difference is between an iPod and a MP3 player, I say "The same as a Frigidaire and a refrigetator. An iPod actually is an MP3 player."

Analogies are the best way to get something through a customer. It's informative, it's not insulting in any way, and you still get to make a creative response to what seems like a stupid question to you.

Analogies are incredible for everything when you're trying to teach things to people.

When ever I'm working as a MD(Music Director) I would say about 90% of the words that come out of my mouth are analogies, because a director will not understand what I'm talking about if I tell them that the last person who auditioned had really rich low harmonics but not that strong of a fundamental, and putting them with someone with a strong fundamental will produce a strong and rich blend, but they'll understand "This persons voice is like icing, and this persons voice is cake, so I think having them both will make a really tasty cake"

Seriously, if ever presented with situations where you have to explain something to someone, use analogies for gods sake people.

Khavall on
  • Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So lately everyone at my office has been really big on automation. Weve got a new program rolling out, and someone wrote some really clever stuff to automate a lot of the process. I casually mentioned to someone i knew how to use the automation program, and now ive got a ton of people asking me to make the tools.

However, my boss wants me to run them all by him first, which isnt a bad thing, its just i hardly see him so sometimes i end up sitting on stuff for a while before its "production ready", which again isnt a bad thing, per say.

I wrote one script early last week, and it worked, so i sent it off to him. However, after the weekend, i came in and magically its not working. Send him an email telling him NOT to fire it off just yet, and try to solve the problem. I thought i had fixed it, turned out to be some timing issues and a specific window call which should have been a general window call. No big deal. So i send him another email with the new file, and let him know whenever he wants to come by to check it out, its ready.

That was at the beginning of the week. I used it all week without incident. Probably close to 100 times. This morning i see him come in, and let him know "Hey, whenever youre ready, ill give you the demo". He comes over, i explain the scope, go to launch it. Big red error message. What the fuck?

Boss was just kind of like "eh, well, whatever, keep trying". I was super disappointed though, because this was probably the one script i was most proud of, it was really complex, and it worked fucking awesome. I had about 15 minutes left before my shift was over, so i did some digging into why the fuck it failed. Turns out the program its latching into updated about 30 fucking minutes before i went to show him, and changed the identifiers on all of its objects, which the program was trying to latch on to. Now the problem is, i have no idea how often this program is going to update, and how often the identifiers are going to change.

So now i have to rewrite this stupid script over again from scratch, which is probably going to take me another week since it took me for-fucking-ever to figure out a "fail-proof" way to get the scripting program to latch on to it.

Oh well, atleast it gives me something to do at work other than surf the internet.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bank Story
    Hooray for the return of the Employee Lounge Thread! :D

As your envoy in the archaic and decrepit world of banking, I shall regale you with more tales.

Today young twibbles I shall focus on a subject dear to my colon and apt at producing prodigious quantities of internal froth spewing rage at customers.

The subject?

BLOODY FUCKING WIRE TRANSFERS!!!!

For the un-inclined as many folks who send wire transfers are these days, to do a wire transfer within the United States, you ABSOLUTELY (no ifs ands butts or bojangles) must have at least the following:

-Destination Account Number
    -Destination Bank Routing Number
    -Name of Person receiving the wire.
    -Name of the bloody fucking bank (Can't believe how many times people don't even bother providing this little nugget of information)

If you're doing international transfers you're also going to need to know if your'e going to covert the currency now or have it converted at the destination bank along with, (depending on the country):

-a SWIFT code
    - Intermediary Bank information if your destination bank can't accept direct wires (thank god those are few and far in-between)

Here at my bank, we go a few steps further (due to the oh-so-wonderful deluge of wire-fraud scams of late) and require that you also provide the address of the person we're sending it to as well as the receiving bank's address. This works in both of our benefits because if the person sending the wire seems to exhibit the collective IQ of a turnip as I had today, it allows our wire transfer department to make sure that the money gets there and you don't have to pay multiple re-sending fees every time it gets sent back due to errors.

Today the customer I had seemed to have a hard time grasping these few simple concepts when filling out our very very clearly labeled form.

CS: "Okay I fill out form! Here! *Shoves it at me very importantly like* Do wire!

Me: "Uhhh...ok Ma'am let me see the wire form for you...

...Well...we have a few problems here....You put your receiving person in the SWIFT Code area, the destination account number in the Address Area (They weren't even next to each other!!!), I'm not sure that's even a proper SWIFT code.... and the name of the Bank as Australia New Zealand....."

CS: Yah, dat' all I need. I call mah sister der she says that info correct!

Me: Well unfortunately ma'am this form is incorrectly filled out, we'll have to do another one, plus we're going to need the name of the bank and the address of the receiving bank as well as her address to complete the wire, otherwise it will get sent back...

No sooner had I explained this that she launched into a vehement denial that she had the wrong or incomplete information, and that the bank's name was indeed Australia New Zealand....not sure how she came to that conclusion but after a bunch of wrangling with AND having her speak to a manager as she openly called me a complete idiot for not doing her wire (thank god the manager backed me up and shut her down) she finally left the bank in a huff only to come back later very sheepishly showing the correct wire form and we got that damn thing done.

Like it was mentioned before, hate people.... -_-

Working at a bank has got to be one of the worst jobs ever. People treat you like shit, even more than in other customer facing jobs. It's like a perfect storm - waiting in line, complex transactions, and idiots.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Now, seriously, where the fuck do people get this idea that games are on tapes?

The eighties. I'm guessing you weren't born then? Hell, I think we probably still had some games on tapes in the early nineties. All watching Risky Business while the game takes an hour to load.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

The eighties. I'm guessing you weren't born then? Hell, I think we probably still had some games on tapes in the early nineties. All watching Risky Business while the game takes an hour to load.

The C64 had the tape option. I don't recall anything after it using cassettes. Ah the 80's...it was a heady time. We were getting personal computers and Tom Cruise was beginning his softcore gay porn career.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

The C64 had the tape option. I don't recall anything after it using cassettes. Ah the 80's...it was a heady time. We were getting personal computers and Tom Cruise was beginning his softcore gay porn career.

The tape option...at one time, the tape was the only option for the C64. The floppy drive was a later adoption for commodore. Also, the Spectrum line used tapes up until late versions of the 128k.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    I am neither shocked nor surprised at a story which has apple users being douchebags.

Hey! HEY! Sir, you are talking to an apple user.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

The tape option...at one time, the tape was the only option for the C64. The floppy drive was a later adoption for commodore. Also, the Spectrum line used tapes up until late versions of the 128k.

Timex did a knockoff on this side of the ocean but I don't remember it doing very well.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I had a TI-99-4/A computer (similar to a C64) and it also used tapes. It was awesome programming Hunt the Wumpus in BASIC and then saving it to a tape. I was around 7 or 8 at the time.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    substitute teacher story

I have the best sub story ever.

I was subbing in an elementary school (4th grade) and saw two girls passing a note. So I went over and grabbed it thinking 'hah, I won't have this crap in my classroom'

I opened it up at the desk. It said 'The sub is a nice man'.

7 years later and I still have that note.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I want to say the big lebowski..but i am in no way certain..back to employee lounge related..err..soo..how many guys in IT have absolutely nothing to do almost all day every day? I know me and quite a few other people I know who work in IT all have the same problem

It is called "downtime." Don't ever call it absolutely nothing to do. You can do lots of things with your downtime. Read up on something you don't know. Defrag the mail server. Read IT related forums. Read G&T related forums. I'm the only admin at my work who deals with macs, and I learned lots of useful stuff from these forums. It was research I did with my downtime, not idle reading! I swear!

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

What is funny, though, is that the people who refer to modern games as "tapes" probably never even heard of the systems that really did use them.

Dirty on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »
    substitute teacher story

I was subbing in an elementary school (4th grade) and saw two girls passing a note. So I went over and grabbed it thinking 'hah, I won't have this crap in my classroom'

Nice. Pervy teacher story.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    substitute teacher story

man

=/

edit: sorry for posting a nice story here. Would it have been better if it had been some huge offensive note that made her get suspended? god damn, you try and post something nice that happened at work.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    My dad owns a furniture and electronics store, and when ever I'm out of a job, need extra cash, etc, I'll go do book work for him, fix his PCs, fix furniture and televisions, make deliveries, etc.

The worst thing in the world is repo. These people know they can't afford this bill, and then get ANGRY when we come for our shit? Eventually we had to have one of the delivery guys get a conceal and carry permit. This was after someone threw a 22 inch television at me and clipped my shoulder.

"Do that again and I'm gonna have to fuck you up."

Then out came a big steak knife. I ran to the truck, locked myself in, Charlie (the other guy) was standing outside. They weren't messin with him. I guess they were pissed at me because I was white and my dad "was the one taking their stuff". I called the law, but Charlie calmed them down.

But yeah.

Repos can be scary as shit sometimes.

We have a few bullet holes in the back of the truck.
    substitute teacher story

man

=/

edit: sorry for posting a nice story here. Would it have been better if it had been some huge offensive note that made her get suspended? god damn, you try and post something nice that happened at work.

You always see these stories about teachers and students hooking up. Judging from my friend that subbed 9th grade, it's initiated by students alot.

"Hey, quit passin notes."

*Takes note. Note reads, "Mr. Smith is fucking hot." Looks at student. Student smiles and winks.*

A very O_o moment. Thankfully, my friend isn't an idiot.

Sheep on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Glad to see this back, hopefully we'll be able to keep in under control this time

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

VHS, more than likely. I know that doesn't make sense to you or I, but these people have dealt with VHS being the defacto standard for media you use with your TV. Even though they aren't using VHS for any of this crap, they still think they're called "tapes."
    And why do people refer to systems as games??
    You got me on that one.. You don't see anyone referring to a DVD player as a movie, after all.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

VHS, more than likely. I know that doesn't make sense to you or I, but these people have dealt with VHS being the defacto standard for media you use with your TV. Even though they aren't using VHS for any of this crap, they still think they're called "tapes."
    And why do people refer to systems as games??
    You got me on that one.. You don't see anyone referring to a DVD player as a movie, after all.

There were some VHS "Games" that had a toy light gun thing. But mostly people are dumb.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    zelllzelll Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NoelVeiga wrote: »
    elevature wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    The 78 year old woman who's door was kicked in late at night, followed by people rampaging through her house, vandalising the walls with spray paint, destroying every item of furniture, stealing anything of value, then urinating on the carpets on their way out.

I bet that carpet really tied the room together.

Oh, God, I'm so desperately trying to place that quote and I just can't. It's almost there but I just can't remember where it comes from.

"It really tied the room together". They say it like a million times... but where?
    I want to say the big lebowski..but i am in no way certain..back to employee lounge related..err..soo..how many guys in IT have absolutely nothing to do almost all day every day? I know me and quite a few other people I know who work in IT all have the same problem

Well I work IT and the only thing I've done today is read forums and such. Anyway heres an e-mail I sent to my brother the other day around 4:30pm.
    email wrote:
    So I got here at 8:30 and all I've done today is go to a guys desk who said "My computer is broken, I opened a file off the network drive and now my computer wont run, it's dead" So I go to the guys desk and he has a laptop in a dock I open the lid and boom working computer I look at the guy a moment and close the lid look at his dell monitor and hit the input switch from vga to dvi. The dude thought I was fucking magic. Theres a fucking golden statue of me between cube 91F2E9 & 91F2D9, Jesus is pissed.

PS: Jesus is the name of the janitor who, as fable has it, plugged in a mr.coffee

zelll on
This discussion has been closed.