As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Another Big Sale to see out this thread!

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    So can I play from my XSX to my phone, or does the Xbox app only do cloud?

Think this is called xbox remote play, and it seems to be accessible only through the xbox mobile app.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You can remote play through the Xbox App on a phone. Separate from the Cloud or Game Pass app.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Correct.

Also, it's smart. Ish. If you haven't played something in a while, it won't grab the update for you automatically, even with automatic updates on. (I think core components/apps are exempt, like Store, the OS, etc etc.)

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    My wife and I are out last night, and she tells me Cris Tales (woo-oo-ooh!) is available on Game Pass. Since I have the app...

(Disclaimer: I'd heard about Cris Tales, this just made for a more succinct narrative.)

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    As usual, I think no-one mentioned that there's a summer sale going on, because as usual, it blends into the background radiation of the weekly sales.

Summer Sale going on until 5 August, with 700 items--so there's probably something out there worth picking up (like Hitman if you don't already have it).

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Oh, Red Faction: Asshole With a Hammer is on sale for 5 bucks. Remastered version, too.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    dporowski wrote: »
    Oh, Red Faction: Asshole With a Hammer is on sale for 5 bucks. Remastered version, too.

Get yo ass to Mars, and level it.

Anyone into Musou/Warriors games, Samurai Warriors 5 has a demo up before its release on Tuesday. It's got a slimmed down roster (37 from 54) compared to SW4, but there have been some nice additions to the combo system and the watercolor inspired art design is sexy. Demo's only bout 3GB and your progression carries over to the retail release.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I grabbed Witcher 3 Complete. Got a $5 code from MS and it's $10 on sale. Anticipating the Series X upgrade.

Played through it years ago but never any of the DLC and traded away the disc

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I grabbed Witcher 3 Complete. Got a $5 code from MS and it's $10 on sale. Anticipating the Series X upgrade.

You're in for a treat, both DLC packs are fantastic and in very different ways from each other. You can hop into Heart of Stone pretty safely after doing 3-4 main quests in Novigrad, as for Blood and Wine i wouldn't recommend going to Toussaint till level 30+.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

You're in for a treat, both DLC packs are fantastic and in very different ways from each other. You can hop into Heart of Stone pretty safely after doing 3-4 main quests in Novgorad, as for Blood and Wine i wouldn't recommend going to Toussaint till level 30+.

I really like Touissant as a coda on the main game; doing it after the credits roll leads to what feels like a really good ending for the series, at least for Geralt.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Been playing some State of Decay 2 after watching a few hours of footage of it and I was enjoying it, until I discovered that missions have a expiration timer that isn't always clear (as far as I can tell) and after I timed out a second mission unexpectedly, I've lost my apatite for the game.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Been playing some State of Decay 2 after watching a few hours of footage of it and I was enjoying it, until I discovered that missions have a expiration timer that isn't always clear (as far as I can tell) and after I timed out a second mission unexpectedly, I've lost my apatite for the game.

oh, pretty much all missions save the legacy missions have an expiration timer. for missions that don't suggest danger you may get a bark or two, but yeah.

they still won't let you finish a legacy and keep the same world going so I stopped playing it, also they kept adding higher difficulties, which is fine if you're into them, but they also threw in achievements for them too and if you think what they added was stupid and a waste of time, then having to play a 100 day campaign (150 hours of realtime) would really just kill the game for you.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

oh, pretty much all missions save the legacy missions have an expiration timer. for missions that don't suggest danger you may get a bark or two, but yeah.

they still won't let you finish a legacy and keep the same world going so I stopped playing it, also they kept adding higher difficulties, which is fine if you're into them, but they also threw in achievements for them too and if you think what they added was stupid and a waste of time, then having to play a 100 day campaign (150 hours of realtime) would really just kill the game for you.

I would love an option for SoD 2 to disable mission timers. I hate them in games, I just don’t like the pressure.

Especially as it’s on top of the need to keep your base fed and watered, scavenging or building materials, etc.

I really hope SoD 3 doesn’t have them, or it’s difficultly related. Just let me build my base up, then pick and choose the mission I want to do, and when.

• Options
    I would have been fine if they actually put timers on all of the missions so at least know if it's one of the missions I can wait 3 hours before I have to do, or if it's going to expire in 30 minutes. Had a mission pop like right before I was heading out to kill a Plague Heart and it expired before I got back.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I don’t think it really matters if you miss them, they’re all repeatable kind of random generated missions aren’t they?

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    I don’t think it really matters if you miss them, they’re all repeatable kind of random generated missions aren’t they?

Some are, but some are the start of quest chains, from what I remember. You can get building upgrade rewards.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    As usual, I think no-one mentioned that there's a summer sale going on, because as usual, it blends into the background radiation of the weekly sales.

Summer Sale going on until 5 August, with 700 items--so there's probably something out there worth picking up (like Hitman if you don't already have it).

I nabbed Castlevania Anniversary Collection immediately after seeing it was on sale.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options

I nabbed Castlevania Anniversary Collection immediately after seeing it was on sale.

I did the same with Contra Anniversary. Shame all that comes out of Konami anymore are gambling devices. I want to shove a pachinko machine up they're executive board's collective ass.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

I did the same with Contra Anniversary. Shame all that comes out of Konami anymore are gambling devices. I want to shove a pachinko machine up they're executive board's collective ass.

I'll keep banging this drum when it comes to Konami, but getting a Gradius V port onto modern machines would be nice. Still, I'm amazed it even got released as a "PS2 Classic" on the PS3. But it should be on PS4/Xbone (and thus 5/Series) for preservation purposes.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Konami is extremely cursed, but I would buy a "Rocket Knight Collection" (featuring Rocket Knight Adventures and the two different versions of Sparkster for SNES and Genesis) on day one.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

I'll keep banging this drum when it comes to Konami, but getting a Gradius V port onto modern machines would be nice. Still, I'm amazed it even got released as a "PS2 Classic" on the PS3. But it should be on PS4/Xbone (and thus 5/Series) for preservation purposes.

Parodius Wars localization for me, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that gets a fan translation patch one day. I understand how others feel, but I don't really hold a burning resentment in my heart towards Konami, probably as I was never a huge fan of their late catalog.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

missing certain missions for characters requires a new play through (or character with the same background) as they may not trigger again even after a very long time. like the find the record mission, and most of the npc specific ones really. others may never repeat because the enclave hates you now or somehow died.

one of the patches allowed you to customize their outfits too. it's just the new optional-but-not-if-youre-a-completionist difficulties and legacy ending that killed it for me.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
  • Options
    Well, it’s midnight here in the UK and Microsoft Flight Simulator hasn’t unlocked.

Poop.

I’ll try again at 1am.

In the meantime, I’ll try to force an update.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Wtf edit nevermind

For some reason you can load into the game and then are presented with a “join us on 27th, available soon!” Message. Don’t do this games! Just don’t load the damn game if it’s not available yet. Got me all excited for nothing

Prohass on
  • Options
    Wtf edit nevermind

For some reason you can load into the game and then are presented with a “join us on 27th, available soon!” Message. Don’t do this games! Just don’t load the damn game if it’s not available yet. Got me all excited for nothing

I know !

It’s the 27th at midnight, either unlock the game, or tell us to come back at 6pm or whenever.

• Options
    Samurai Warriors 5 is freaking stunning to behold in motion and pulls off the watercolor/woodblock look as well as anything since Okami and/or Breath of the Wild. The Sengoku period has rarely looked this sexy. Another positive is the hard difficulty is very well balanced from the jump and is making me have to use all the various attack and defensive commands at my disposal (bout 4 missions in this far), without the stunlocking and bullshit 2 hit KOs that normally plague the highest tiers in musou games.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    It does look like a cool one, I’ll wait for a sale I think

Also gamepass is saying flight simulator is out but whenever I boot it it just takes me to that stupid “coming 27th” screen

• Options
    Ok weird, they had all these banners up on gamepass like “flight simulator out now” “earn your wings”, and now it’s all gone. Guess shenanigans are happening with the launch

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I have completed star wars squadrons.

It looks amazing on Xbox SS.

You should all try it.

• Options
    Ok weird, they had all these banners up on gamepass like “flight simulator out now” “earn your wings”, and now it’s all gone. Guess shenanigans are happening with the launch

Could someone post here when it goes live ?

I'll happily bail from work after 6 hours if I can go home and play.

Although we have sushi arriving in 3 hours, so ideally not before then.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Pro tip for MS Flight, you can just install the streaming version for 43ish gigs and the offline mode is optional 55gb add on

• Options
    edited July 2021
    It seems I'm able to play MS Flight Sim for those waiting @M-Vickers @Prohass

Nevermind I was also bamboozled so sorry in advance for the false tags

It's apparently unlocking in 6 hours from this post, or 10:30 Central time.

Local H Jay on
  • Options

Woo, thanks for the heads up.

Food at 12, then I'll make a decision about staying in work until 4pm or if I'll do a short day.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the food, I'd head off now...

Looking forward to flying around my city, then heading off to the Greek islands. Then South Korea, then North across the DMZ into North Korea.

Hopefully it won't trigger any diplomatic incidents.

• Options
    Now I feel bad, but yeah it's a false flag for the next 6 hours

• Options
    Yeah don’t worry we’ve all fallen for it, it’s a stupid thing to have. Don’t launch the game to show a splash screen that the game hasn’t launched yet, I don’t know who would enjoy that? What’s that for? It has to have pissed off every single person who’s loading it

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Blightbound is supposed to have released today, the MS store cant find it even if I search for the name.

• Options
    Now I feel bad, but yeah it's a false flag for the next 6 hours

That's ok ! It means I get to stay in work a lot longer than I want to and that's always fun !

I'm having fun, and definitely not posting from the bathroom to take a, frankly, unnecessary tiny wee !

• Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Woo, thanks for the heads up.

Food at 12, then I'll make a decision about staying in work until 4pm or if I'll do a short day.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the food, I'd head off now...

Looking forward to flying around my city, then heading off to the Greek islands. Then South Korea, then North across the DMZ into North Korea.

Hopefully it won't trigger any diplomatic incidents.

Did the DMZ flight (in very inclement weather) a few months back, mostly VFR by coastal landmarks.

Lots of farmland. Lots of it. But it's a pretty short flight by turbine-driven aircraft to the Taedong River, and you can follow that up to Pyongyang.

• Options
    edited July 2021