As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] Let Loose

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    does anyone in chat have particularly strong feelings about responding to a request for salary expectation?

pls note that i'm not an in-demand professional and i genuinely am desperate :3
    best practice is to ask for one billion dollars while doing a dr. evil impression

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    It's totally normal to ask for salary range for a job or eyeball it with glass door. Don't sell yourself short out of desperation! Even small salary differences add up over the years.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i'm not sure what the range is. the job title is used for a lot of different jobs throughout different industries. i've linkedin-stalked some of the people at the company who have the same job title for which i'm applying and i'm guessing from their previous experience that it's higher than my current wage, but by how much seems like a fairly wild guess.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Tell 'em that sweet ass don't come for free.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    I think Dick Milking Assistants make at least 50k though so no worries.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    i'm not sure what the range is. the job title is used for a lot of different jobs throughout different industries. i've linkedin-stalked some of the people at the company who have the same job title for which i'm applying and i'm guessing from their previous experience that it's higher than my current wage, but by how much seems like a fairly wild guess.

Can you give us numbers/details without giving up the game?

Alternatively ask for 55k

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    look affronted when asked for a salary range and explain that all you need is an official hashtag for the exposure

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    :bigfrown: I haven't talked to my brother in months - his wife isn't vaccinated, in spite of having a toddler in daycare - and he just texted asking what we're doing for my daughter's birthday

uhhhhhh....

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Can you tell us what the position is? (name of position and what it entails)

That plus where you live should give a good estimate

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    "My only weakness is that I care so much about the job that I never really check to see if I get paid."

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    There’s a weird thing happening with vaccine numbers.

The Delta variant is driving an increase in vaccination numbers (among conservatives). And it’s funny because a vaccine that is 92% effective it’s a 5G Soros murder scam.

The Delta variant makes it 70-80 percent effective.
    Oh fuck I need to get vaccinated.
    :bigfrown:

I don’t understand people sometimes.
    I have always said it's morally good to forcibly vaccinate everyone. 😇
    But alas I am tired and going to an amusement park tomorrow so I cannot defend medical fascism at this specific time though you all know in your hearts that I am correct.
    I’ve seen a level of exhaustion in my liberal friends. That is just akin to. “I’m trying to save your unvaccinated lives, and you are bringing me into your craziness, fine fuck it. I’m doing what I feel like. Don’t ask to see the grand kids till you get poked”

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I lasted a whole one day before ordering that Breville air fryer/toaster oven.

@Donkey Kong

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

He's actually just assistant to the dick milker

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    what

i've been milking dicks for half that

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    :bigfrown: I haven't talked to my brother in months - his wife isn't vaccinated, in spite of having a toddler in daycare - and he just texted asking what we're doing for my daughter's birthday

uhhhhhh....

“We’re having a vaccine party.”

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I lasted a whole one day before ordering that Breville air fryer/toaster oven.

@Donkey Kong

Somebody give Breville's marketing dept a raise because holy shit can they identify a feature set for a product that is just catnip for customers, price it right where it burns, then create a beautiful glossy aspirational web page.

I'd be furious if the products didn't also live up to it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I love that every article written about student loan news is obviously written by Jim Studentloans from Studentloan United GiveUsYourMoney corp. I guess the new extension is until February but all the articles say gosh you should just be so excited to start paying again!!!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I think it’d be funny to hold a goldfish in a bowl as well as lay next to a stuffed tiger in my profiles but that’s been too much work to actually bother with.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I love that every article written about student loan news is obviously written by Jim Studentloans from Studentloan United GiveUsYourMoney corp. I guess the new extension is until February but all the articles say gosh you should just be so excited to start paying again!!!

I wonder what would happen if literally everyone just didn't start paying again.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I wonder what would happen if literally everyone just didn't start paying again.
    I think about this a lot. It's the first fucking economic incentive millennials have gotten ever and they want to take it away because the president has some weird obsession with never ever forgiving debts. It seems insane to me but maybe we should gut elder care or something in response. Just refuse to care for them. It's generational warfare. We've finally been able to save money!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

The Delta variant is driving an increase in vaccination numbers (among conservatives). And it’s funny because a vaccine that is 92% effective it’s a 5G Soros murder scam.

But alas I am tired and going to an amusement park tomorrow so I cannot defend medical fascism at this specific time though you all know in your hearts that I am correct.
    I’ve seen a level of exhaustion in my liberal friends. That is just akin to. “I’m trying to save your unvaccinated lives, and you are bringing me into your craziness, fine fuck it. I’m doing what I feel like. Don’t ask to see the grand kids till you get poked”

https://youtu.be/2UoFPGkwd5U

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/2UoFPGkwd5U

The accents make this.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    basically: this company makes CMMS and the job would be to serve as a trainer (of the software) and account manager of sorts for clients. a lot of the job description talks about being a project manager but i think it's not being used in the formal sense with gantt charts and pmp certifications and stuff. the company is in new jersey but it seems like basically the whole team is remote.

salary expectations: anywhere from 40k to 70k wouldn't surprise me?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

I've been thinking about this in general lately, with like "what if everyone just stopped showing up to work for two weeks?"

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    basically: this company makes CMMS and the job would be to serve as a trainer (of the software) and account manager of sorts for clients. a lot of the job description talks about being a project manager but i think it's not being used in the formal sense with gantt charts and pmp certifications and stuff. the company is in new jersey but it seems like basically the whole team is remote.

Looking online 55-60k?

I think....

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    @Nova_C when you get it try this.

Set the oven up for pizza mode and get out the pizza pan they give you. Start it preheating. Set like 20 mins, 240°C

Cut up an onion (thick slices), some peppers (bell, chili if you like spicy), mushrooms, like all fajita stuff, and toss them in a bowl with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and ground cumin.

Get them well coated, feel free to bite into a raw bell pepper for a seasoning check and adjust.

Dump on to the pizza pan, not crowding the items too much, and put it in. You might want to agitate the stuff halfway through but it doesn't really matter.

The fans desiccate the vegetables and the ultra high heat elements give you actual char. It'll make honest to god fajita vegetables properly prepared, basically unsupervised.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Just stress ate a...lot of pizza to keep pushing that DOPAMINE button

aaaaaand now I'm going to the gym

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Yes the entire team is remote

I get paid less than what I would as an engineer with my experience in nyc because the company isn’t “located” anywhere

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I had a load of beers watching my football team lose booooo

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    I had a load of beers watching my football team lose booooo
    At least you had a load of beers.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Found out the details for Grandma’s memorial. It’s going to be in Spokane which was a surprise to me even though that’s where she lived most of her life. She had recently moved in my aunt in the I-5 megacity so I had assumed it would be over there. Maybe she had everything set up beforehand and this was the place she chose.

Silver lining for me is I don’t have to make a trip across state.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I have watched too much youtube today.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options

Oh shit, if you get 2 years of CMMS experience, shoot me a PM. We pay pretty well.

• Options
    For Salary expectations, set a really wide range. 40k-70k is reasonable.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    David Lynch is still drawing numbers from a jug every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJmxhoon7sg

top comment:
    Seth M-T 8 hours ago
    Day 362: AT LAST! 9 is back! Not only had the number 9 not been picked for 83 days before today, but it also had only been picked once in 134 days! That is absolutely astounding. No other number has ever been so sparsely picked for so long. It's likely that this record will never be beaten!

The 9-people have had to wait a VERY long time for this day to arrive. Huge congratulations to all of them for persevering. The last time we saw a 9 was on May 20th (which happened to be when David messed up the video)! Hopefully everything will be back to normal now...

The sequence so far:
    88395129088199851059640309848899159841867856091156286525400224969960908105868040907478673038336726959067085816837851932678391018449267078397360516078056869024943406617031636979796508759855477461089786663677206152702273159025399438863251277426766815265565403113334650434657134669647817634577007688502875620028443036358505440654663284800828830034580214760476210439

Sum = 2,149 Average = 5.94 Median = 6

Digit sum for today's date:
    1 + 2 + 0 + 8 + 2 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 16
    1 + 6 = 7

Frequencies:
    1: 26
    2: 25
    3: 33
    4: 33
    5: 36
    6: 50
    7: 35
    8: 45
    9: 33
    10: 46

Days since last picked:
    1: 4
    2: 5
    3: 1
    4: 2
    5: 17
    6: 6
    7: 7
    8: 16
    9: 0 (After 84 days)
    10: 3

Longest times spent unpicked:
    1) 9 with 83 days (Days 279-361)
    2) 1 with 65 days (Days 284-348)
    3) 3 with 64 days (Days 25-88)
    4) 9 with 50 days (Days 228-277)
    5) 2 with 49 days (Days 158-206)
    5) 2 with 49 days (Days 250-298)
    5) 7 with 49 days (Days 302-350)
    8) 4 with 44 days (Days 85-128)
    9) 2 with 43 days (Days 8-50)
    10) 7 with 41 days (Days 42-82)

Today's film is... Sunset Boulevard (1950)!

Tomorrow's number is... 2!

idk why but I deeply appreciate this

• Options
    Chu I really hope you get the job.

You deserve it.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Just finished Outer Wilds and damn did it stick the landing. What an interesting conclusion.

This discussion has been closed.