Options

World Of Darkness

12346»

• Options
    MoridanMoridan Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Moridan wrote:
    So I'm kicking off my new Mage: the Awakening campaign. Wish me luck.

Should be interesting considering it centers around the fact that (IMC) AIDS was a disease created by the Seers of the Throne to persecute the people of Africa, which happened to have the highest number of Awakenings in its people.

One of my players, a Thyrsus, begins the game as a dieing mortal with AIDS, and is on his death bed. In the midst of what one would think is a fever dream, he Awakens and spontaneously cures himself. He doesn't know how he did it, but his body has generated antibodies capable of being the basis for a cure.

Now, the Seers want him dead before a cure can be created.

See now, if the Technocracy was still around, they'd be falling all over themselves to try and capture the guy to vivsect him and stuff.

The Seers are just as bad, if not worse.

Moridan on
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary
    opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Moridan wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Moridan wrote:

Should be interesting considering it centers around the fact that (IMC) AIDS was a disease created by the Seers of the Throne to persecute the people of Africa, which happened to have the highest number of Awakenings in its people.

One of my players, a Thyrsus, begins the game as a dieing mortal with AIDS, and is on his death bed. In the midst of what one would think is a fever dream, he Awakens and spontaneously cures himself. He doesn't know how he did it, but his body has generated antibodies capable of being the basis for a cure.

See now, if the Technocracy was still around, they'd be falling all over themselves to try and capture the guy to vivsect him and stuff.

if you read the technocrat books they really aren't pure evil. They just think magick and the supernatural are best kept under tight control

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Moridan wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Moridan wrote:

if you read the technocrat books they really aren't pure evil. They just think magick and the supernatural are best kept under tight control

And if you really read it, you will catch the clues that the high ranking technocrats are just very power hungry mages, and they know it.

Comahawk on