Options

Movies! Chris Pratt to voice Shai-Hulud in Dune part 2

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I’m sure Rob Zombie is a fan of the horror genre in general.

Doesn’t stop him from making shitty horror movies.

If your horror movies aren't shitty are they even horror movies?

There’s shitty bad and shitty good. His are shitty bad.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Rainn Wilson got turned into a merman, though.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Rainn Wilson got turned into a merman, though.

Even the sun shines on a dog’s ass some days

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I’m sure Rob Zombie is a fan of the horror genre in general.

Doesn’t stop him from making shitty horror movies.

If your horror movies aren't shitty are they even horror movies?

There’s shitty bad and shitty good. His are shitty bad.

Yeah if you try and argue with me that House of 1000 Corpses is as shitty-good as Malignant is? Brother we're gonna have words

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Definitely a good sign when one of the first things someone thinks of as a reaction to a movie is that it is lore heavy

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Had a gift card so I picked up After Life, Throw Down, An Autumn Afternoon, and Solaris this time around

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Definitely a good sign when one of the first things someone thinks of as a reaction to a movie is that it is lore heavy

frankly might be a refreshing change of pace for an MCU film if the focus is on worldbuilding over CGI punchfests

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    "Bad" horror movies can often be fun

Rob Zombie's movies are bad and also boring and miserable, there's zero joy to wring from them

I'm sure he is is a fan of the source material, but he seems almost uniquely unsuited to create a new Munsters

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

frankly might be a refreshing change of pace for an MCU film if the focus is on worldbuilding over CGI punchfests

My worry here is that the "worldbuilding" is going to basically be expo dumps about how the eternals are going to fit into the MCU rather than anything that makes this movie specifically feel richer.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Someone should go to DC and make a New Gods movie that is colorful and fun, as a contrast to Eternals

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

This, but unironically.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting for Werewolf Women of the S.S..
    Do it, Zombie, you coward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6aZ7hHD3G0

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Dang I don't want Zombie anywhere near Nazi shit, I tell you what

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Someone should go to DC and make a New Gods movie that is colorful and fun, as a contrast to Eternals

I was so looking forward to that Ava Duvernay and Tom King movie

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The more I think about The Green Knight the more disappointed I am that all that really pretty art direction and design went towards not really doing anything at all.

Like, I'm sure it was some kinda big brain metaphor that only the smartest of Intellectuals™️ would understand and maybe I'm just a big ole dumb, but it felt so disjointed and had so many intentionally weird directions it took it felt very much like it was trying way too hard to be C I N E M A.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

what if it means nazis get killed twice

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Rob Zombie feels like a dude who likes the aesthetic of horror, but doesn’t really dig deeper than the surface level

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Werewolf Women of the SS isn't even the best trailer from a bad director in Grindhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDe91zVqnkE

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

I was so looking forward to that Ava Duvernay and Tom King movie

Yeah the sad part of all this is we were going to get that thing

And then they decided "naw"

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Werewolf Women of the SS isn't even the best trailer from a bad director in Grindhouse.

Counterpoint:

https://youtu.be/lttrIPDFplU

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    It was a weird sort of whiplash being a Rob Zombie fan, as I like a lot of the dudes music and he’s got the horror aesthetic down perfectly so when I heard he was gonna do a horror movie I thought, “huh, that could be cool.” But after trying a couple, oh boy, do I not vibe with his kind of horror.

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The more I think about The Green Knight the more disappointed I am that all that really pretty art direction and design went towards not really doing anything at all.

Like, I'm sure it was some kinda big brain metaphor that only the smartest of Intellectuals™️ would understand and maybe I'm just a big ole dumb, but it felt so disjointed and had so many intentionally weird directions it took it felt very much like it was trying way too hard to be C I N E M A.

I don’t understand a lot of what that movie was doing but I enjoyed whatever it was.

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Counterpoint:

I suppose that hinges on whether you consider Edgar Wright bad. Thanksgiving is by far the best thing Roth has ever dreamed up.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Counterpoint:

I knew exactly what this was from the still.

But hey, we're getting an actual Wright horror this year!

Arrive Hungry, Leave Stuffed

is quite possibly the greatest tagline of all time.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Halloween Kills should have been either 30% smarter or 70% stupider.

• Options

Nicolas Cage as Fu Manchu, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Wow The Last Duel flopped hard. I guess it's a bad idea to bet $100m you can get people over 30 to go back to the theater during a pandemic.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

I don’t understand a lot of what that movie was doing but I enjoyed whatever it was.

I mean, visually it was cool enough that it's worth a watch just for that. But I feel like the moment you start trying to dissect it it kinda falls apart.
    My read was very much the young man in love with life having to come to terms with his mortality. The invincibility belt being his sort of "out" that he finally has to let go under the realization that nothing can stop death.

There was also some cool stuff going on with the old, residual pagan magic and the adaptation of Christianity that I thought was cool.

According to the director it was a movie about having mommy issues and a failure to launch and I absolutely did not pick up on any of that at all.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Wow The Last Duel flopped hard. I guess it's a bad idea to bet $100m you can get people over 30 to go back to the theater during a pandemic.

I barely heard of it and I pay attention to movie shit online. Marketing seemed like shit

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    They should have slapped together a quick-cut trailer of all the big sword hits with the lady giving her testimony in voiceover while a lute cover of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction plays underneath.

Edit: Of course that cover already exists.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5gwQVFbti4

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I saw one trailer for the Last Duel when I went to see Venom. I saw nothing there that would compel me to venture out from home to see it like I would need to for Carnage.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the main reason I think Rob Zombie's Munsters will not be very good is because in addition to being unable to make a good horror movie, he also is unable to make me laugh

if you want to find out just how humorless and unfun a Rob Zombie comedy can be, go and sit through El Superbeasto

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the main reason I think Rob Zombie's Munsters will not be very good is because in addition to being unable to make a good horror movie, he also is unable to make me laugh

if you want to find out just how humorless and unfun a Rob Zombie comedy can be, go and sit through El Superbeasto

Do not, under any circumstances, go sit through El Superbeasto

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Rob Zombie makes movies that Rob Zombie loves and apparently Rob Zombie loves boring movies that try way to hard.

• Options
    Paul WS Anderson and Len Wiseman wish they were half the wifeguy Zombie is.

• Options
    I’m debating making next month Korean movie month.

I should start doing theme months every month.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Watch The Chaser

Watch The Chaser!!!!

• Options

Watch The Chaser

Watch The Chaser!!!!

Is this about Quidditch?

This discussion has been closed.