As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the haunted mansion shouldn't do a nightmare before christmas overlay

13»

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    The balance has been restored

And by balance I mean the side I have deemed correct wins, a la George Lucas

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    Speaking of theme parks I went on the new Jurassic World coaster in Universal and it was amazing. The restraints are good, but the ride really makes you feel like you might fall out and it ruled. Only downside is Chris Pratt in the videos in the queue.

My nerdiest favorite part is the lockers are just before the loading zone and are double sided so you don't have the log jam that normally makes the queues a pain in the ass, plus you can keep your phone for most of the wait, which was only like an hour despite entering at the end of the queue and some delays on the ride.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I agree
    Well played

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I agree
    I really want to ride the Velocicoaster and have no idea when I'll realistically be able to make that happen. They updated the Jurassic World ride in Hollywood with extremely good animatronics as well

I'm still right about the Haunted Mansion overlay however and if they're going to do any overlay it should now be the Muppets instead

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    Disney World doesn't do the overlay on the Haunted Mansion, and now I kind of wish it did so I could accurately evaluate how angry I should or should not be about it.

At least we still have Tower of Terror not starring Chris Pratt. :rotate:

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I really want to ride the Velocicoaster and have no idea when I'll realistically be able to make that happen. They updated the Jurassic World ride in Hollywood with extremely good animatronics as well

I'm still right about the Haunted Mansion overlay however and if they're going to do any overlay it should now be the Muppets instead

I finally got to ride Jurassic World with the new animatronics this month (they weren't working when I went before the pandemic) and yeah those things slap. Honestly makes me wish the rest of Universal Hollywood was nearly as good.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I agree
    Nirya wrote: »

I finally got to ride Jurassic World with the new animatronics this month (they weren't working when I went before the pandemic) and yeah those things slap. Honestly makes me wish the rest of Universal Hollywood was nearly as good.

I saw the video of the animatronics and it was the first time I was like, "maybe they should redo the whole Florida version of the ride." When I was there in 2019 the fucking Jurassic Park gate was just permanently open, they really need to just...fix it.

• Options
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    The weekend after Labor Day is a great day to go to Universal Studios in Florida. The only ride we had a real wait time on was the Mummy because it just reopened. Gringott's was like a 30 minute wait, but my gf and I did single rider and it was a five minute wait and we ended up on the same cart just not the same row.

I really like the street decorations for Halloween Horror Nights, but I just do not care for the loud scares that constitute the haunted houses they have.

On a less Universal note I am going to be on a Disney Cruise next September for my GF's brother's wedding.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ooh, is this the halloween thread? because now I can also post this here
    I always miss being in the US during September-October, and this is why

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    It's the theme park thread, but sure fucked up skeletons are always cool

• Options
    I agree
    I have moved from eagerly following along on Velocicoaster construction updates to Epic Universe construction updates. On one hand, the updates are a little less viscerally fun because they aren't building it in the middle of an active park, so the footage and photos aren't as close up and the videos don't have someone wandering around like "they're testing the ride now you can tell because it just went over my head on this bridge," but there's a lot of it, and there's a lot more to piece together as to what's happening. Also, it's really cool to see one of these parks get built out of a big dirt field.

• Options
    I agree
    Ah excellent we needed another thread to talk about the bukkake hat

• Options
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    I have moved from eagerly following along on Velocicoaster construction updates to Epic Universe construction updates. On one hand, the updates are a little less viscerally fun because they aren't building it in the middle of an active park, so the footage and photos aren't as close up and the videos don't have someone wandering around like "they're testing the ride now you can tell because it just went over my head on this bridge," but there's a lot of it, and there's a lot more to piece together as to what's happening. Also, it's really cool to see one of these parks get built out of a big dirt field.

I've been avoiding all the updates just because I have the season pass and I know I'll check it out fairly close to it opening so I don't want to get too hyped about it too early.

• Options
    I agree
    Minnie is dripping with excitement

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I agree
    Minnie is dripping with excitement

that shit is legit insane