Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So yesterday Hasbro Pulse had some new reveals of toys and three went up for pre-order yesterday. A red colored Transformers Hoist (Lift-Ticket), X-Men Mr. Sinister, and Cobra Officer. I pre-ordered the Lift-Ticket since I'm a sucker for the red color and got a Cobra Officer for a friend if he couldn't get one (he managed to do it when it went for everybody). So I have a Cobra Officer on pre-order and was wondering if anybody wanted it here. If so I can ship it to you after I get it (so you'll have to pay shipping from me to you). Otherwise if I don't hear from anybody in a week I'll just cancel it so someone else can get one from Pulse.
    https://hasbropulse.com/collections/1027-collection

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Got too busy to post this earlier:

Man, imagine if Transformers were actually in proper scale to each other!

MLDwwDah.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Those are pretty cool looking bugs.

Love Tracks vehicle mode.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Finally gave up and decided to troll ebay for Road Rage; found her for $35 with free shipping, which was under the $40 I was expecting to spend ($23 figure, figure a $7 markup for the seller and $10 for shipping) so that's one more off of my list.

Just need to track down a Draculus and I'll be good for the time being.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I've also gotten lucky with secondhand prices lately. It seems the market is indeed cooling off atleast a little for collectibles (but not tech stuff)

Told myself I wasn't gonna get the mini Spider-Man BL, but when I secured the Jumbo Hulk BL I had to for the meme
    i11qbjj8iohi.jpg

y2cki7qrk11f.jpg

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I want a blacklight room. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    The strip lights are very cheap so it's doable, unless you mean space is at a premium which I feel you

• Options
    Fluttershy's finally in!

Before I show pictures... holy fuck, this is the worst Amazon packaging job I've seen in a LONG time. Given that it moved through Amazon fulfillment and then the USPS, I'm very thankful the box wasn't damaged.

oQoxtijl.jpg

nPXosMjl.jpg

So! As expected, the yellow skin tone is.. a bit strange. And her hair is MASSIVELY giving off a bubble gum / goo / slime from Ghostbusters 2 vibe. But.. I still think it fits? It's solid enough that you don't see through it fully, thankfully.

8RIjFomh.jpg

uv8bFW0h.jpg

I gotta admit.. I was caught off guard by something. See... her shoes are actually sandals! You don't really get a good view most of the time, in the artwork, and all that. But it's very much a ribbon-style sandal with butterfly motifs. And as a result... I'm legit surprised, her toenails aren't painted! It fits the character to not go full to the nines like Rarity would, but it still caught me a bit off guard.

Ihnhfwth.jpg

Still, it looks good! I'm now at 4 of the Mane Six, with Rarity and Rainbow Dash being the last. And for extended members, I have Sunset Shimmer, with Luna and Celestia on order. Hatsune Miko... likely will get ordered, if I'm being honest with myself. And I'll probably pick up the LE of Applejack.

OCyDbhoh.jpg

... I'm finding myself liking these statues. Frankly, most of my collection is just on display on shelves, so having it be a static statue is fine and more dynamic than other things. I'm.. still debating if I pick up Morrigan and Felicia, who will be much more pinup girl than these ones are.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I find myself really enjoying the juxtaposition in that last photo.
    Brightly colored pony girls in front of the grey slab of death that is a Super Star Destroyer.

Makes me chuckle.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Brightly colored pony girls in front of the grey slab of death that is a Super Star Destroyer.

Makes me chuckle.

I left it that way because I knew someone on the forums liked it. :)

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

Makes me chuckle.

I left it that way because I knew someone on the forums liked it. :)

I drool and can live vicariously through you whenever I see you have it in a photo.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I figured out why I never noticed Fluttershy's shoes before.

In all the promo pics, her feet are usually either covered by pony Fluttershy or some other member of the mane six!

*sighs*

This may be the only time I ever post feet.

M9N8HEFl.jpg

Edit (because I feel I'm posting too much):

Okay. Finally got a bit more information about the difference between the official Tomy Trainbot combiners and the 3rd party ones.
    The official ones (Which are $200 per toy) focus primarily on the train mode first and foremost. While they tried to make the robot/combined modes quality, the trains get the biggest highlight. They are official models, licensed from the Japanese companies. They are also in H0 scale.

So yeah. That seems to be the big thing. If I want train mode accuracy, the masterpiece trainbots are the best bet. If I care more about the combined mode / robot modes, I should get the 3rd party moon studios ones.

And if I'm absolutely insane, I get both.

Athenor on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Narrator: He was absolutely insane.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I make it pretty obvious that I mostly only ever buy Smart Doll brand BJDs. It's not even that I've never looked at other brands, it's that most of them are just really not made in a style that I like. The prevailing trend in BJDs is to have these super-serious Drama boys and Tragic girls that all look like they're about to burst into tears, which is extremely not my jam.

So normally I see photos of other brands out there and immediately forget about them. But today someone on the BJD subreddit posted a picture to ask if someone could identify a doll and for the first time I thought it was cute enough to look at the link that someone posted directing to the store where it's purchased: NSFW due to doll nudity. Now I think I want to get me one of those cuties! They could be like a (non-human?) little sister to one of my Smart Dolls. If/when I do buy one, it will be my first resin doll.

That store also this guy (completely different brand, this store sells multiple doll brands) who I kind of dig for looking like a complete lunatic, but maybe just a little too creepy for me. Although I might be tempted if the paper-white doll was available instead of the "normal skin" variety.

Anyway it's not like I can purchase any dolls right now anyway since I'm trying to hold off until we have a new house. But it's fun to think about.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Edit (because I feel I'm posting too much):

Okay. Finally got a bit more information about the difference between the official Tomy Trainbot combiners and the 3rd party ones.
    The official ones (Which are $200 per toy) focus primarily on the train mode first and foremost. While they tried to make the robot/combined modes quality, the trains get the biggest highlight. They are official models, licensed from the Japanese companies. They are also in H0 scale.

So yeah. That seems to be the big thing. If I want train mode accuracy, the masterpiece trainbots are the best bet. If I care more about the combined mode / robot modes, I should get the 3rd party moon studios ones.

And if I'm absolutely insane, I get both.
    Let's see how that works out for him Cotton.

Cambiata wrote: »
    I make it pretty obvious that I mostly only ever buy Smart Doll brand BJDs. It's not even that I've never looked at other brands, it's that most of them are just really not made in a style that I like. The prevailing trend in BJDs is to have these super-serious Drama boys and Tragic girls that all look like they're about to burst into tears, which is extremely not my jam.

So normally I see photos of other brands out there and immediately forget about them. But today someone on the BJD subreddit posted a picture to ask if someone could identify a doll and for the first time I thought it was cute enough to look at the link that someone posted directing to the store where it's purchased: NSFW due to doll nudity. Now I think I want to get me one of those cuties! They could be like a (non-human?) little sister to one of my Smart Dolls. If/when I do buy one, it will be my first resin doll.

That store also this guy (completely different brand, this store sells multiple doll brands) who I kind of dig for looking like a complete lunatic, but maybe just a little too creepy for me. Although I might be tempted if the paper-white doll was available instead of the "normal skin" variety.

Anyway it's not like I can purchase any dolls right now anyway since I'm trying to hold off until we have a new house. But it's fun to think about.

Those really are cute, and hopefully you can resist since I'm sure they're also very expensive. Well at least till you have expendable money again.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

Those really are cute, and hopefully you can resist since I'm sure they're also very expensive. Well at least till you have expendable money again.

The one they are selling (NSFW) comes with a unicorn horn and I just, ugh, I need it.

I have been paring down my Smart Doll collection a bit so I'm not quite so buried in dolls so... room for an 17in doll among my 24in dolls! (no I haven't bought it yet. But I might)

Of course the irritating thing is that I don't have any wigs, eyes or clothes in that doll size and that doll comes with none of those things*, so the sticker price isn't even all of it.

*ok it does come with a wig, but it's a resin wig. And while resin wigs look more anime, I still prefer synthetic-hair wigs that flow and can be brushed.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    So it's definitely not Gunpla, but it might be borderline Plamo... either way, it's cool and I'm posting it here (and in the gunpla thread).

It was also a bit more expensive than I was expecting, at $50!

dhCwFGdh.jpg

Turns out, it does have instructions... they just tell you how to assemble the individual pieces, not solve the puzzle!

Qj337DUh.jpg

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    So yesterday Hasbro Pulse had some new reveals of toys and three went up for pre-order yesterday. A red colored Transformers Hoist (Lift-Ticket), X-Men Mr. Sinister, and Cobra Officer. I pre-ordered the Lift-Ticket since I'm a sucker for the red color and got a Cobra Officer for a friend if he couldn't get one (he managed to do it when it went for everybody). So I have a Cobra Officer on pre-order and was wondering if anybody wanted it here. If so I can ship it to you after I get it (so you'll have to pay shipping from me to you). Otherwise if I don't hear from anybody in a week I'll just cancel it so someone else can get one from Pulse.

I'd definitely be interested in the Cobra Officer. I can't keep up with all these new releases and paying for access with Hasbro Pulse premium membership would probably save me a lot of headache but the idea rubs me the wrong way so I've been resistant so far, lol.

• Options
    Raiju wrote: »

I'd definitely be interested in the Cobra Officer. I can't keep up with all these new releases and paying for access with Hasbro Pulse premium membership would probably save me a lot of headache but the idea rubs me the wrong way so I've been resistant so far, lol.

Aw crap... I cancelled my order this morning since I didn't hear anything and saw he is easy to get from lots of websites. Sorry!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know when I saw the Gi joe classified were back to being mostly target I just rolled my eyes. Have they learned nothing from the last time? I do find it interesting that on ebay there are lots of the series varying for nearly complete to the whole set being posted so I may just get one of those to fill in the gaps I have and do whatever if I win one?

Why is it called Plamo?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Plamo as far is a know is a shorthand for plastic models, usually Japanese ones

Kinda like gunpla

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Yeah, portmanteau for plastic models, just like gunpla is gundam plastic.

I did see the Snake eyes movie GI Joe classified sets at Meijer, where they looked like massive shelfwarmers compared to the normal stuff.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, portmanteau for plastic models, just like gunpla is gundam plastic.

I did see the Snake eyes movie GI Joe classified sets at Meijer, where they looked like massive shelfwarmers compared to the normal stuff.

Yeah, the movie completely bombed and the figures for it are mostly pretty lame designs. Storm Shadow is a gross cream color. Snake Eyes himself is actually kinda neat though.

The Target exclusive stuff sucks, but thankfully they seem to be stocking quite a bit better. Preorders didn’t sell out instantly.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Woo, Trapper Wolf arrived. Man this box is too cool and now I'm debating if I really want to remove him from the box. It looks like they used twist ties so maybe I can take him out then pose him, and put him back in if I want to keep him in the box.

For those who don't know, Trapper Wolf is from the show The Mandalorian. Like the box says, he is a X-Wing pilot that once flew for the Rebellion (The Mandalorian is after Return of the Jedi) and now flys for the New Republic. You might recognize the face since the actor who plays him is Dave Filoni (who has been involved in a lot of Star Wars cartoons and live action shows).

The toy was one of the "Hasbro Pulsecon Exclusives" that I bought. I wanted to get him since I pre-ordered the George Lucas Stormtrooper and figured between him and George I have two out of the three coolest Star Wars people to me. I absolutely love how life like it looks.

Trapper_Wolf_01.jpg

Trapper_Wolf_02.jpg

Trapper_Wolf_03.jpg

Edit: He is still available for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse.
    https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-trapper-wolf-figure

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Hasbro needs to make a Black Series X-wing.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Not as Luke's! seriously

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

Not as Luke's! seriously

And ideally not Poe's either, just a generic one would be great

• Options
    Oh nooo...

So I've expressed before how I'm kind of.. burned out on G1 transformers designs. There's nothing wrong with them, and they are nostalgic for a lot of fans! But I personally like seeing new takes on characters that aren't beholden to the 80s toy or animation styles. Which of course means that 3rd party releases appeal to me.

To the point where.. if these turn out as good as the sketches/design plans.. I will be ALL OVER THESE.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/11/03/cang-toys-dinobots-volcanicus-color-sketches-444291

Cang-Toys-Volcanicus-00.jpg

Grimlock is just straight-up Zoids Berserk Fury. Which, given that I have 3 of him, isn't a bad thing.

Cang-Toys-Volcanicus-02.jpg

Cang-Toys-Volcanicus-01.jpg

They are adding a Stegosaurus, which also looks damned cool.

Cang-Toys-Volcanicus-07.jpg

No pictures of the combined mode yet. But as always, that presents me with the difficult prospect of how to display them!

This company also did a hyper-stylized Predaking which I've been eyeing. I have passed so far because I have the Titan Predaking with DNA design upgrades -- and I have similar for PotP Volcanius. But.. still. STILL!

• Options
    Hahahaha, yeah looks exactly right up your alley with a fusion of Zoids and Transformers.

I'm with you and liking the new fusions and different directions the 3P Transformer toy companies are taking their ideas. It is nice to see something original and yet similar.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

I'm not sure what you mean by this, there's always been a Stegosaurus: Snarl

The Spinosaurus would be the "new" one, which is Scorn, who was created for the Age of Extinction Bay movie

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

I'm not sure what you mean by this, there's always been a Stegosaurus: Snarl

The Spinosaurus would be the "new" one, which is Scorn, who was created for the Age of Extinction Bay movie

Nobody likes Snarl, even the animators when they made the movie.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    My apologies, I realized that after the fact.

• Options
    My apologies, I realized that after the fact.

Which fact? That you also hate Snarl or that you forgot and mistook a Stegosaurus for a Spinosaurus? You know, just for historical records. :P
    We all know you hate Snarl just like the others. Heck, I will not be surprised if Hasbro does not bring out a Studio Series Snarl just to spite the poor Dinobot.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Wait what

Why do people hate Snarl?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Wait what

Why do people hate Snarl?

I'm kidding. Mainly since he was left out for the most part of the cartoon movie, I just joked that the animators hated him so much that they intentionally left him out of all the action.

To be honest, I didn't realize he was missing in the movie till I was contemplating buying the Masterpiece sized 3P version I posted pictures of earlier in this thread. Only then did I realize that he was only in a few shots. Being pushed into the shuttle to leave Earth and in the Quintesson spaceship's window. I honestly don't know if there are people who actually hate Snarl. If so, that would be interesting.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I do like that Sludge though.
    Thought initially the head/tail were standing in for the arms, but on a closer look looks like he's got arms and a big smashy head/tail combo to go with big rocket launchers on his back.

Damnit, this is going to be expensive, isn't it?

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Well, each of Cang Toys's Predaking components is ~$150 if you buy from a U.S. retailer, a bit cheaper if you buy from a China-based-but-catering-to-Western-buyers retailer (ShowZ has them for ~$130), might be cheaper still if you buy on TaoBao (but that's way too much work for me, so I've never even tried and so can't say for sure).

On the other hand, Cang Toys decided that they are going to spin 12 plates instead of 6, and are releasing a Legends-scale version of their Predaking alongside the MP-scale version; only 1 of those guys has been released so far, going for ~$30 (dirt-cheap by 3P Legends standards), and seems to be universally praised. I actually have him still sitting in his packaging, haven't had the time to open him up yet. But, if price is a concern, consider the Legends version!

One thing that bums me out a tad about the Dinobot combiner is that pretty much all the transformations appear to be "dino stands up on its back legs, there now it's a robot". I mean I grew up in the era of Beast Wars, so I know that that's just how it be when you have animal alt modes, but it's always nice to see something different.

I leave you with some photos of both the Legends-scale Predaking...
    iGU500Ol.png
    WQwXWqOl.png

and the MP-scale Predaking
    YdsEtxol.png
    (plenty more photos of the individual robots and alt modes are out on the Internet, shouldn't be too hard to find)

As you can see, they're very stylized. They also introduce a 6th Predacon - a gorilla who forms the hips and thighs - and the MP version further introduces two more new robots who turn into wolves and also into Predaking feet, and the two hands combine together into a crab. For my tastes, the MP version is too much - I don't care that it barely resembles the G1 Predaking, I just think it's visually way too busy; the Legends version is a lot more restrained by the size and therefore ends up being more restrained in terms of design, and I like its look way more.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    My problem is that I like busy.. And again, I love beast mecha, so... uggggh!

Edit: I mean hell.. I many times think I'm weak enough to get the Flame Toys Victory Leo + Victory Saber (Black editions)... and those are fucking insane in how much they cost...

Athenor on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Oh nooo...

So I've expressed before how I'm kind of.. burned out on G1 transformers designs. There's nothing wrong with them, and they are nostalgic for a lot of fans! But I personally like seeing new takes on characters that aren't beholden to the 80s toy or animation styles. Which of course means that 3rd party releases appeal to me.

Personally I'll get burned out on G1 when they actually make G1 transformers and not trash fires of bad design like the Combiner Wars Menasor.

Rumor mill currently floating leaks that 2022's Hasbro Legacy toy line will(among others) have them revisiting the Stunticons, so I currently have fingers crossed that they please do it right this time.

Those Zoids-assed Dinobots look pretty great, hopefully the actual product lives up to the concept art - Sludge should be the size of the Ultrasaurus toy!

Donnicton on
  • Options
    They are definitely doing menasor. One of the stunticons, Drag Strip, went up for sale.