As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I no shit have fantasy points from AP in this fantasy football season….

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    I'm sure he'll get under ten carries before they abandon the run altogether.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I am so tired of being sad about football! I’ve been a staunch PC/JA defender since I remember the days of Jim Mora Jr, Dennis Erickson, and Tom Flores but this Seahawks team is just not being coached well and I think it’s time to move on. Let Pete retire gracefully and move to some emeritus culture building role but whatever we’re doing isn’t working even with good talent.

Go hawks but I’m also really wondering whether Russ is going to be part of the next really good Seahawks team, so maybe it’s time to sell high and move on.

That sucks to think about.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    lol taysom
    suddenly cowboys d are noobs

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I hate the fact that there is a (admittedly tiny) possibility of a 6-10-1 team making the playoffs. Also 17 games is just such an awkward number for a pro league, since some teams are going to get more home games than others and that's not great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I hate the fact that there is a (admittedly tiny) possibility of a 6-10-1 team making the playoffs. Also 17 games is just such an awkward number for a pro league, since some teams are going to get more home games than others and that's not great.

That 18th game will be here probably before the decade is over

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    IIRC, someone here (or the other NFL thread, I get them mixed up) once did a post about how 18 games with an additional bye worked out pretty nicely for season scheduling (although I think it involved cutting the number of preseason games). Would be interesting to see if they'd guessed right and 17 games was only intended to be step 1 in babywalking towards something along those lines.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    wooo big man touchdown

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Honestly the NFL is too brutal for even a 16 game schedule, I'd much prefer a 14 game schedule but I know it will never happen because it would result in less money. 18 games is going to be brutal on the players. I keep losing more and more interest in the sport with every injury.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Guys! The Lions still have a chance!!!!!

Now I want to know what kind of odds Vegas would gives this for a parlay

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Honestly the NFL is too brutal for even a 16 game schedule, I'd much prefer a 14 game schedule but I know it will never happen because it would result in less money. 18 games is going to be brutal on the players. I keep losing more and more interest in the sport with every injury.

To be clear, I wasn't advocating for it.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    so aaron rodgers gets a 14k slap on the wrist but AB eats 3 games?
    like i'm no fan of either but c'mon
    the rog strikes again i guess

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

You see, the league knew Rodgers wasn't vaccinated. Brown had tried to intentionally lie to them.

• Options

Yeah the problem is everyone would want to keep the extra revenue to just the current number of players

18 games should require a higher revenue percentage for players and expanded rosters- owners can get more money from the extra game, just a lower percentage than they’re taking now

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

You see, the league knew Rodgers wasn't vaccinated. Brown had tried to intentionally lie to them.

Right, Rodgers just lied to everyone outside the League. Who cares about them?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Right, Rodgers just lied to everyone outside the League. Who cares about them?

That depends on whether-or-not these outsiders have any more money to give.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    If AB presented a fake vaccination card, he technically committed a federal crime

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    God one of my fantasy teams has AB, Kareem Hunt, and Tyreek Hill on it

Awful

• Options
    edited December 2021
    regardless of who lied to who, they were both in violation of the NFL covid protocols at the end of the day which is what this suspension/fine are said to be for

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    regardless of who lied to who, they were both in violation of the NFL covid protocols at the end of the day which is what this suspension/fine are said to be for

The protocols Rodgers broke to our knowledge were limited to not wearing a mask during press conferences and attending that Halloween party. The Packers were holding him to the standards of an unvaccinated player whenever he was with the team because they knew his real status.

If AB used a forged vax card (again a federal crime) then it is safe to assume he was breaking all NFL covid protocols.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    It's kinda flown under the radar, but it's not just AB.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/02/sports/football/antonio-brown-covid-vaccine-suspended.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes
    "Antonio Brown and Two Others Suspended by N.F.L. for Faking Vaccination Status"

Those other two, Tampa Bay defensive back Mike Edwards, and John Franklin III, a wideout now a free agent. Who's last team as recently as August was.... Tampa Bay.

First, either the NFL review system is being wilfully ignorant and just not checking other teams until forced, OR there's definitely some collusion that occured at Tampa Bay. It's just not mathematically likely that the only three players to have been found to have a forged Covid status were all on the same team. Either there's more throughout the league, and the NFL doesn't want to know, or one of these three got the other two involved.

Second, this almost certainly ends Franklin's career. He has played in one actual game, final game of 2019 against the Falcons, had one target and catch for 11 yds. That's been his career until now. And now, anyone who signs him, has to factor in a three game suspension. Edwards has at least been a consistent starter (missed one game in the last three seasons). And AB is obviously worth the trouble for Tampa Bay.

ADDIT-
    https://defector.com/how-did-antonio-browns-fake-vaccine-card-fool-the-buccaneers/
    Ruiz told the Times that he spoke with NFL investigators a week ago Wednesday, for about 10 minutes over the phone, and the investigators asked him about John Franklin III.

“I told [NFL investigators] I thought Franklin was the one selling the cards,” Ruiz told the Times. “They asked me if I saw any monetary transactions and I said, ‘No, but the cards came from him. [Brown] said he had paid for them.’”

So, regarding my second point, unless it's definitively proven that the Ruiz statements are false (and even then, it'd be touch and go), Franklin's career is over. Mediocre stats, a three game suspension, and the one who got AB on board? Yeah, hang up them cleats, you won't be ever needing them.

MorganV on
  • Options
    NFLMemes has been poking fun at Taysom Hill's throws

But I think I found real practice footage of his:
    napoleon-dynamite-uncle-rico.gif

• Options
    is everyone ready for some more minshew mania?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    MorganV wrote: »
    It's kinda flown under the radar, but it's not just AB.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/02/sports/football/antonio-brown-covid-vaccine-suspended.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes
    "Antonio Brown and Two Others Suspended by N.F.L. for Faking Vaccination Status"

Those other two, Tampa Bay defensive back Mike Edwards, and John Franklin III, a wideout now a free agent. Who's last team as recently as August was.... Tampa Bay.

First, either the NFL review system is being wilfully ignorant and just not checking other teams until forced, OR there's definitely some collusion that occured at Tampa Bay. It's just not mathematically likely that the only three players to have been found to have a forged Covid status were all on the same team. Either there's more throughout the league, and the NFL doesn't want to know, or one of these three got the other two involved.

Second, this almost certainly ends Franklin's career. He has played in one actual game, final game of 2019 against the Falcons, had one target and catch for 11 yds. That's been his career until now. And now, anyone who signs him, has to factor in a three game suspension. Edwards has at least been a consistent starter (missed one game in the last three seasons). And AB is obviously worth the trouble for Tampa Bay.

ADDIT-
    https://defector.com/how-did-antonio-browns-fake-vaccine-card-fool-the-buccaneers/
    Ruiz told the Times that he spoke with NFL investigators a week ago Wednesday, for about 10 minutes over the phone, and the investigators asked him about John Franklin III.

“I told [NFL investigators] I thought Franklin was the one selling the cards,” Ruiz told the Times. “They asked me if I saw any monetary transactions and I said, ‘No, but the cards came from him. [Brown] said he had paid for them.’”

So, regarding my second point, unless it's definitively proven that the Ruiz statements are false (and even then, it'd be touch and go), Franklin's career is over. Mediocre stats, a three game suspension, and the one who got AB on board? Yeah, hang up them cleats, you won't be ever needing them.

Wel looks Ike Franklin started his post playing hustle already

• Options
    lol poor bungles

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    lol poor bungles

Whahappa for those stuck at work for another hour? Just general "they aren't that good" stuff or something truly stupid?

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Fucking McCaskey Family, sell the goddamned Bears to someone else.

• Options
    lol poor bungles

Whahappa for those stuck at work for another hour? Just general "they aren't that good" stuff or something truly stupid?

two possessions, two turnovers (burrows got strip sacked and then threw a pick on the next possession)
    now they are in a 16-0 hole

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    and now they're getting tricked (via the philly special for 2)

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    lol burrow is throwing better with a fucked up finger than he did when it was ok
    also chargers implosion

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Not falling for your bullshit, Lions. I refuse to have hope you'll win this game. We all know you'll find a way to lose.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Saw they were up 20-6. Turned it on only to watch 3 and out, Vikings drive the entire field for FG, then another Lions 3 and out.

It’s funny as Goff has all day back there but our skill guys are practice squad level, combined with him being a bottom 5 QB.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Not falling for your bullshit, Lions. I refuse to have hope you'll win this game. We all know you'll find a way to lose.

They're working on it.

I have faith that they'll find a way.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

It's like when the Falcons pull the game close against the Bucs.

No-one believes they have what it takes to actually beat Tampa Bay.

MorganV on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    And now it's perfectly set up for the Lions to lose by a single point to a last second field goal.

• Options

Well, if Brady just keeps throwing TDs to Atlanta players. . .

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Well, if Brady just keeps throwing TDs to Atlanta players. . .

The Bucs will still win, because God hates Atlanta like no other. You don't give so much and take it away like that, without a special kind of loathing by a divine power.

• Options

OK, say the Vikings get a FG. I think that the game ends with the Lions in range for a last second FG, get it, are penalized for a bullshit reason, they’re moved back, they try again, get it, are penalized for a bullshit reason, they’re moved back, they doink it, game over.

That feel like the most appropriate way for this to end.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    OK, say the Vikings get a FG. I think that the game ends with the Lions in range for a last second FG, get it, are penalized for a bullshit reason, they’re moved back, they try again, get it, are penalized for a bullshit reason, they’re moved back, they doink it, game over.

That feel like the most appropriate way for this to end.

4th and about a foot, up two, Lions have the choice to punt with 4m to go, or go for it. They go for it, and they don't even just fail. Vikings force a fumble, Vikings ball.

I mean, salt, meet wound.

ADDIT: Vikings are first and goal with 2:00 to go. If the Vikings take this down to the 4th to burn out the clock, and go for a FG, I fucking hope they doink.

MorganV on