Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Nice, that looks like the Sentinel figure. I got that years ago, I think during the second run. They seem to rerelease it every couple years or so. Hopefully you didn’t pay scalper prices!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Nice, that looks like the Sentinel figure. I got that years ago, I think during the second run. They seem to rerelease it every couple years or so. Hopefully you didn’t pay scalper prices!

Nah, snagged it and the red one from Entertainment Earth not long ago. They were still 80ish? Bucks each. But worth it for the accessories

Edit ok I lied the blue one was 120 lmao
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/flcl-canti-blue-version-action-figure-previews-exclusive/dc139128

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Almost forgot to post this, got this way too expensive Canti figure (think it's Good Smile)
    2x56o3tkuufs.jpg

Damn, that's a nice figure.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    It even has a cloth cape!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    It's also super-poseable, according to a video review I watched.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Beastbox Firmhand arrived, and it's great. The only thing I don't love is the jokey Metallica tampos. The left foreleg says SHAPE SHIFT and the left hind leg says MOVE SWIFT. 🙄

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    In the holiday thread, I mentioned that I am gonna start collecting the Fans Hobby Armada stuff, because I'm much more a fan of those designs than G1 overall, and I'm never gonna see Hasbro versions of the Unicron trilogy stuff.

Well, I just found my Tidal Wave... and remembered that I had the very, VERY superior Energon version. So this is the version I hope Fans Hobby makes.

BD7oIbbh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I don't typically ask outright for toy-based gifts. This is due to many years of being ashamed of my collecting, and hiding larger purchases and such. That said, I saw something a few months ago that I really wanted, but I knew was outside of my usual wheel house. So I dropped some hints, linked it on facebook, spoke about how cool it was to friends that I knew my family would ask about gifts...

and nada. Too subtle. :D

So today I saw a restock and picked it up. I think I'm gonna assemble this at work, over lunch breaks.

i1n7nPnh.jpg

It actually moves! So it's a clockwerk model dragon! Squee!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Oh that is awesome. Where did you get it (and how much is it)? I have a friend who is super into dragons and if it is cheap enough, I can get it for him as a present. We have a rule where we can't spend a lot on each other thanks to his judging wife.

We can spend whatever we want, but I try to keep it reasonable.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Oh that is awesome. Where did you get it (and how much is it)? I have a friend who is super into dragons and if it is cheap enough, I can get it for him as a present. We have a rule where we can't spend a lot on each other thanks to his judging wife.

We can spend whatever we want, but I try to keep it reasonable.

$50, from my local game store. But I've seen it advertised on Facebook, so I'm sure it is a generally available item.

• Options
    Miguel...

8bcol004ylwn.jpg

O'Hara!

Also I have the Black Suit Spidey coming soon too. Don't know if I'll open these just yet, love the packaging

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I don't typically ask outright for toy-based gifts. This is due to many years of being ashamed of my collecting, and hiding larger purchases and such. That said, I saw something a few months ago that I really wanted, but I knew was outside of my usual wheel house. So I dropped some hints, linked it on facebook, spoke about how cool it was to friends that I knew my family would ask about gifts...

and nada. Too subtle. :D

So today I saw a restock and picked it up. I think I'm gonna assemble this at work, over lunch breaks.

i1n7nPnh.jpg

It actually moves! So it's a clockwerk model dragon! Squee!
    This is dope as hell! Based on this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMMoMoKt230
    it looks like it has a spring inside or something, because the guy clearly winds it up, presses a release lever, and then it does dragony things by itself for a bit.

Looks like you can just go ahead any buy it here:
    https://ugears.us/collections/all-products/products/ugears-windstorm-dragon

I was especially surprised to see that the second-largest font on the packaging has the name of the model in Ukrainian (as a Russian-speaking Ukrainian émigré, my antenna go up whenever I see anything Slavic in a non-Slavic context), but it looks like the explanation is pretty simple: it's made by a Ukrainian company.
    Miguel...

8bcol004ylwn.jpg

O'Hara!

Also I have the Black Suit Spidey coming soon too. Don't know if I'll open these just yet, love the packaging
    The 90s packaging on this line makes my heart go pitter-patter.

• Options
    Yeah it's one of the few times I'd wanna keep a figure like this in the box. I haven't opened my Ice Man either. They know what they're doing...

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah it’d be nice if it was engineered so you could open it without destroying the packaging

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    That Spider-Man packaging is just incredibly nostalgic.

• Options
    Black Series Boba Fett Prototype pre-order went up live on Amazon (it is an Exclusive).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H1LF54L/

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Black Series Boba Fett Prototype pre-order went up live on Amazon (it is an Exclusive).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H1LF54L/

Yeah I scooped this just because it looks cool ha

• Options
    Even though it's just a test prototype and doesn't represent the final engineering.. DAMNIT every picture is making me want this more and more. Humorously, I just inventoried the original Overload last night.

KgHERanl.jpg

• Options
    A few months back, I decided not to get the shattered glass stuff for Transformers. I've been feeling it less and less, and the desire to purge my collection back has made me hesitate on getting things... Especially things that were just repaints or slight remolds.

... Then they had to announce Shattered Glass Jetfire, and I couldn't help myself. And it just came in.

... Damnit I feel like I don't want to take him out of his box.

bRIX9ich.jpg

02kgnFbh.jpg?1

• Options
    I hate to say it, but that mold looks better in black and purple.

I almost want to buy one just because he looks so good. I just don't have the room for two Jetfires. I just don't.

Ok I do, but I need to save that room for other Transformers! I'm trying to tell myself to not buy him.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah. Most Jetfire molds suffer from just being GIANT WHITE PLASTIC BLOBS.

I keep thinking a panel lining session would do wonders, but I can't bring myself to do it.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Yeah. Most Jetfire molds suffer from just being GIANT WHITE PLASTIC BLOBS.

I keep thinking a panel lining session would do wonders, but I can't bring myself to do it.

All but the original. That toy is a thing of beauty. My dream is one day Bandai allows Hasbro to reissue it.

That dream also has me having a huge mansion, all the toys and arcades I ever wanted, never having to work, and no chores ever.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    So my "side business" of buying and selling Smart Doll chaos items has been on hold for a few weeks partly because moving is hell, and partly because Smart Doll wasn't releasing any Chaos bundles lately.

Unfortunately for me, last night when I was dog tired from moving and fell asleep at like 10pm, Smart Doll released their first Chaos bundle for the year. And this was a very special chaos bundle because it had a "Space Station bundle" included. The rumor is that space station bundles are an entire 1/2 scale doll including clothes and wigs. I have so been wanting to get one of those ultra rare dolls. Hopefully I'll get another shot in the future. Sigh.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Bummer. Things always happen when you're not dedicating 1000% of time, but at least you were doing the right thing. Hopefully you will get another chance soon.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Uh, I think the Evangelion crossovers have gotten a little out of hand.

je1nfhodko8p.png

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/191898

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It's not April fools yet, is it?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Uh, I think the Evangelion crossovers have gotten a little out of hand.

je1nfhodko8p.png

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/191898

A Cruel Angler's Thesis

• Options
    Finally got around to taking some pictures of my final figure purchases of 2021.

I don't generally buy a lot of nendoroids, but Miku cosplaying as Agumon is the kind of crossover that feels laser-targeted at me. Plus, she can stand on her own!
    bdtxyhttiz0r.jpeg

uf7yy5equcsi.jpeg

My other pickup is the set of figma Marina and Pearl. I sold off my amiibo last year and am much happier with these posable versions.
    do1s99e0k3o4.jpeg

• Options
    Oh fuck I didn't know there were Splatoon figs like that!

Shit shit shit...

• Options
    edited January 2022
    There have been a few releases in the figma line! Aside from Marina and Pearl, there were releases for both the boy and girl inklings. The Splatoon 1 versions were available individually or in two packs with the Splatoon 2 versions.

I have the inkling girls, but unfortunately they are packed away at the moment. Definitely recommend though!

lpdogzm7iuwx.jpg

108ki7vn03lu.jpg

MelonTron on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I got in some more, and probably my last for a long while, Joes.
    vxnjrn72hbql.jpg
    ayr4z761zh16.jpg
    elx8gfgbh7pe.jpg

And the reason for the lack of Joes in my future, you may ask?
    lvmunlxa9fwo.jpg
    The SUV finally crapped out and I was forced to get the car I've been looking at for a while, but thought I couldn't afford. I still don't think I can afford it, but I'm tightening the belt on my food and entertainment purchases.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    vxnjrn72hbql.jpg
    ayr4z761zh16.jpg
    elx8gfgbh7pe.jpg

lvmunlxa9fwo.jpg
    The SUV finally crapped out and I was forced to get the car I've been looking at for a while, but thought I couldn't afford. I still don't think I can afford it, but I'm tightening the belt on my food and entertainment purchases.

Nice haul and the transport!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    vxnjrn72hbql.jpg
    ayr4z761zh16.jpg
    elx8gfgbh7pe.jpg

lvmunlxa9fwo.jpg

Nice haul and the transport!

Thank you!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    vxnjrn72hbql.jpg
    ayr4z761zh16.jpg
    elx8gfgbh7pe.jpg

lvmunlxa9fwo.jpg

I think you're doing things backwards.
    You're supposed to sell your soul for toys.
    Not give up toys to buy a Soul.
    I really hope I'm correct in identifying that as a Kia Soul. Otherwise I'll feel horribly embarrassed for almost 15 seconds before moving on.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I dub thy Kia, "The Unofficial GI Joe Carrying Case".

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    My batch of New Year's sale wrestling figures showed up today. I have to fit them on my shelf now, but I'm really happy with them.
    8haf2gqblneh.jpg
    rhfzxc4toxxr.jpg
    4msl7ttmq9q1.jpg
    h71363dg7ebm.jpg

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Does the dude with the Boricua tattoo wear a skin tight yellow half white beater or something? Or does he just have, like, some rare jaundice condition that only affects his pecs?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It's so weird, it's less noticeable in person, but the color difference is definitely there. I've looked at other photos online and it seems pretty consistently to be that color so it's not just mine. I'm pretty certain on my shelf it won't stand out and he has a soft goods flag that can be used like a scarf to cover some of it too.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    I know I've mentioned it before, but good LORD do I love everything about Transformers: Animated. If there's 1 series of TF toys I'm not getting rid of, it's these.

I just love how much personality these have!

Plus... it's my singular Weird Al toy!

enRxR76h.jpg

Edit: Aw man. Just transforming him back, I just noticed/realized that his shoulders are horribly pinned/drilled. And combine that with the springs/friction of how the joint works, and a LOT of damage/stressed plastic is visible. :(

Athenor on