Options

[Cooking Thread] Burning questions and searing remarks

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    I'd like to roast a goose for Christmas this year, but naturally I didn't think of it 6 months ago when you can get them for half the price you would find them now. Can't really justify spending over $100 on one bird. They are quite tasty though.

Goose stock is like liquid magic. The soup I make every year from whatever bird we cook for thanksgiving was majorly upgraded by goose stock

I've heard the same about duck eggs being incredible anywhere you'd use chicken eggs. Especially ice cream.

Can confirm duck eggs are fantastic for cheesecake.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I've been testing a gadget at home for the last few weeks and I'm ready to declare it the best thing ever. It's a tiny battery powered ozone generator for your fridge. Instead of using baking soda, this thing just generates ozone for a couple minutes every hour or so to keep everything fresh. By thoroughly sanitizing your fridge, food lasts a lot longer. I've had some fruit in a bag for the last few weeks and it's still fresh. Likewise some cheese I never polished off from several weeks ago is still fresh.

The best thing is, they're cheap. I got mine for $10 on Amazon. At that price, even if it breaks in a year or 2, I'll still be cheaper than baking soda.

I'm going to maintain my skepticism on this until I find some rigorous testing from a trusted source. All those things you mention also happen in my fridge, which doesn't have said gadget. And then there's this (emphasis added):
    Are ozone generators effective at cleaning air?
    Some devices are marketed with advertising claims that they will kill viruses, bacteria, mold and other biological contaminants, and remove chemical contaminants and odors. However, when ozone concentrations are below the health standards, it does not effectively remove biological contaminants. Ozone also does not remove particles (e.g. dust and pollen) from the air, including the particles responsible for most allergies. Ozone generated by air purifiers does little to remove chemical pollutants. In fact, ozone has been found to react with existing chemicals in the air to create additional toxic pollutants, most notably formaldehyde and ultrafine particles. Some consumers purchase air purifiers to eradicate odors. There is scientific evidence that ozone concentrations below the health standards are not effective in removing many odor-causing chemicals. Ozone is also known to deaden one’s sense of smell. Not only does this disguise rather than eliminate odors, it can also have the dangerous effect of decreasing a person’s ability to detect high ozone levels. Unlike the situation in air, ozone can be used successfully to purify water in some applications. This is because high levels of ozone can be used in the water, most of the ozone reacts in the water, and people typically are not present when the ozone is used.
    https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/air-cleaners-ozone-products/hazardous-ozone-generating-air-purifiers

The best case scenario is that it's a placebo. The worst case is that you're poisoning yourself.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I've been testing a gadget at home for the last few weeks and I'm ready to declare it the best thing ever. It's a tiny battery powered ozone generator for your fridge. Instead of using baking soda, this thing just generates ozone for a couple minutes every hour or so to keep everything fresh. By thoroughly sanitizing your fridge, food lasts a lot longer. I've had some fruit in a bag for the last few weeks and it's still fresh. Likewise some cheese I never polished off from several weeks ago is still fresh.

The best thing is, they're cheap. I got mine for $10 on Amazon. At that price, even if it breaks in a year or 2, I'll still be cheaper than baking soda.

I'm going to maintain my skepticism on this until I find some rigorous testing from a trusted source. All those things you mention also happen in my fridge, which doesn't have said gadget. And then there's this (emphasis added):
    Some devices are marketed with advertising claims that they will kill viruses, bacteria, mold and other biological contaminants, and remove chemical contaminants and odors. However, when ozone concentrations are below the health standards, it does not effectively remove biological contaminants. Ozone also does not remove particles (e.g. dust and pollen) from the air, including the particles responsible for most allergies. Ozone generated by air purifiers does little to remove chemical pollutants. In fact, ozone has been found to react with existing chemicals in the air to create additional toxic pollutants, most notably formaldehyde and ultrafine particles. Some consumers purchase air purifiers to eradicate odors. There is scientific evidence that ozone concentrations below the health standards are not effective in removing many odor-causing chemicals. Ozone is also known to deaden one’s sense of smell. Not only does this disguise rather than eliminate odors, it can also have the dangerous effect of decreasing a person’s ability to detect high ozone levels. Unlike the situation in air, ozone can be used successfully to purify water in some applications. This is because high levels of ozone can be used in the water, most of the ozone reacts in the water, and people typically are not present when the ozone is used.
    https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/air-cleaners-ozone-products/hazardous-ozone-generating-air-purifiers

The best case scenario is that it's a placebo. The worst case is that you're poisoning yourself.

I'm guessing the former, because that's a lot easier to defend from lawsuits.

• Options

Yeah, that's typically the way with most alt medicine and woo gadgets, but there have been some colossal fuckups.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    And here I was sure one of those links was going to be to radium water, because there's nothing new about that.

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

Yeah, that's typically the way with most alt medicine and woo gadgets, but there have been some colossal fuckups.

The one issue is that both of your examples are contamination, not the actual product screwing up. For that, I'd point to zinc nasal sprays, which feature a risk for permanent loss of smell, while not doing anything for colds.

• Options
    edited December 2021

The one issue is that both of your examples are contamination, not the actual product screwing up. For that, I'd point to zinc nasal sprays, which feature a risk for permanent loss of smell, while not doing anything for colds.

Yes, contamination. But for me that just shows that these people have very little rigor in what they're doing, either in the initial "science" that's proving their product to work or in the production of it.

If you want more examples of the "medicines" themselves being bad for you:
    https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/06/herbal-medicines-can-have-dangerous-side-effects-research-reveals

And yes, they talk about contamination, too. But they also talk about the "medicine" itself:
    “Toxic side effects of herbal medicines used in traditional societies have typically not been reported, and this is often cited in favour of their safety,” Byard said.

“However, the lack of systematic observation has meant that even serious adverse reactions, such as the kidney failure and liver damage caused by some plant species, have gone unrecognised until recently.”

That's probably off-topic enough for me, though. Will try to avoid followup.

dennis on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I think ozone could keep food fresher

The claim was that it was keeping food fresher, and you can do that by replacing oxygen with something that’s not oxygen. Theoretically an ozone generator could significantly reduce oxygen levels in a relatively sealed container like a fridge

It seems perfectly plausible to me

Casual Eddy on
  • Options

The claim was that it was keeping food fresher, and you can do that by replacing oxygen with something that’s not oxygen. Theoretically an ozone generator could significantly reduce oxygen levels in a relatively sealed container like a fridge

Theoretically, but ozone in parts per million is unhealthy. By the time you've replaced enough of the oxygen with ozone to matter, you've hit the point where I wouldn't want to open the door without a SCBA, hazmat suit, and a long stick. Using ozone to kill bacteria is a more realistic use, but any concentration high enough to kill bacteria is also (by definition) high enough to cause health issues in people, because ozone doesn't discriminate based on cell type.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

If the goal is to replace the oxidation of o2 would the less stable and more oxidizing o3 be a bad choice of gas?

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Ozone concentrations as low as 200 parts per BILLION are fully capable of killing bicriteria and other critters that make food go off in 20 minutes. Concentrations as low as 5 PPB are enough if you give it a couple of hours.

https://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/317123

I don't know where you're getting your info that you need a fucking hazmat suit to be around ozone in the same range that will kill bacteria. That's just wrong. You aren't a bacteria nor are you a virus. OSHA recommends no more than 0.1 ppm average over 8-hours. The odor detection threshold for Ozone is 0.005-0.02 ppm. The amount of ozone that builds up in your fridge is below that threshold. You only really smell it when it's running and even then it's just barely at the detection threshold.

https://ozonesolutions.com/ozone-safety/

Use of ozone for sterilization isn't some quack science. It's legitimately used in a lot of different places, the least of which is in apartments as part of a cleaning regiment. The machines I see on amazon are designed to keep your average fridge in the golden zone. Just enough to kill bacteria, not not enough to hurt you. Certainly well below OSHA standards.

• Options
    Ozone concentrations as low as 200 parts per BILLION are fully capable of killing bicriteria and other critters that make food go off in 20 minutes. Concentrations as low as 5 PPB are enough if you give it a couple of hours.

https://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/317123

I don't know where you're getting your info that you need a fucking hazmat suit to be around ozone in the same range that will kill bacteria. That's just wrong. You aren't a bacteria nor are you a virus. OSHA recommends no more than 0.1 ppm average over 8-hours. The odor detection threshold for Ozone is 0.005-0.02 ppm. The amount of ozone that builds up in your fridge is below that threshold. You only really smell it when it's running and even then it's just barely at the detection threshold.

https://ozonesolutions.com/ozone-safety/

Use of ozone for sterilization isn't some quack science. It's legitimately used in a lot of different places, the least of which is in apartments as part of a cleaning regiment. The machines I see on amazon are designed to keep your average fridge in the golden zone. Just enough to kill bacteria, not not enough to hurt you. Certainly well below OSHA standards.

I would need a hazmat suit for ozone concentrations that would meaningfully replace oxygen. ("replacing oxygen with something that’s not oxygen") That's scary in a way that parts per billion are not.

• Options
    Recent realization:

Pecan pie filling is basically German Chocolate Cake frosting with corn syrup swapped for coconut.

(Which also made me realize why I liked recipes where there is less CS.)

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Any suggestions for some holiday inspired cookies that don't require fancy decoration?

• Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    Recent realization:

Pecan pie filling is basically German Chocolate Cake frosting with corn syrup swapped for coconut.

You don’t have to use only corn syrup! I replace at least half of it with maple syrup when I make a pecan pie and they are extremely delicious. Maple syrup also causes the top to harden like a candy crust so it adds some interesting texture to the pie too.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    LeperMessiahLeperMessiah Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I am pretty sure I saw a post here in a thread about Kimchi Chicken, my attempt #1 part way through coking. Going to serve with rice and roasted baby bock choy and endive.

3l6dthigz7z9.jpg

LeperMessiah on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Do you have a recipe for that @LeperMessiah ? Looks great.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Recent realization:

You don’t have to use only corn syrup! I replace at least half of it with maple syrup when I make a pecan pie and they are extremely delicious. Maple syrup also causes the top to harden like a candy crust so it adds some interesting texture to the pie too.

I don't actually dislike the flavor of CS per-se. I just don't like as much of a "goo" layer at the bottom. I like the denser layer that forms on top and involves way more nuts. I do like your maple sugar substitution, though!

• Options
    LeperMessiahLeperMessiah Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe for that Looks great.

Not really, I just sort of threw it together after seeing someone post about Kimchi Chicken. I don't usually follow traditional recipes, which is why I am a terrible baker but use them as a loose guide and just free form it to a degree.

Chicken Thighs and Wings seasoned with salt, pepper, some garlic powder.
    Marinated in Kimchi (4 hours or so), I happened to have the tail ends of a 1 pound bag so it hade more liquid. Enough to cover the chicken in a bowl.
    Pulled the chicken pieces out and cooked them in a cast iron pan with some veg oil to get a good skin but not like fried chicken crispy.
    Added the Kimchi pieces back but not the liquid, distributed evenly as one layer.
    Used some of the Kimchi liquid, soy sauce and sweet and sour sauce to make a glaze.
    Glazed the pieces as they baked at 350, once done added some endive (out of bock choy) cooked it off a bit and served.
    Took the chicken and cooked kimchi, put it over rice and put the endive and fresh cold kimchi on the side.
    Fully Cooked
    o9xqyxtjhzia.jpg

Topper
    88yll4hw69uq.jpg

Served
    zi166yknzuka.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    As a really basic recipe I’ve started making beans and rice but in a tex mex style, i.e pinto beans, cumin, you know the flavor profile. A few weeks back the onion, pepper, diced tomato, and hot sauce were good enough to round out the flavors.

Then I had pineapple fried rice and ever since I feel like my dishes are missing brightness in flavor, even sweetness. Its got the hot and flavors from the hot sauce (Tapatio) and the peppery spiciness, but it just feels one note.

What do yall think? Lime juice? Pineapple chunks? Some other sharp fruit flavor that could cut through nicely?

• Options
    When I'm making beans from scratch, I'll add a dash of a light acid right at the end. For pintos you could use lime juice or a light vinegar like rice or champagne. You could also add a bit of finely chopped fresh cilantro at the end to further elevate the flavor.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    When I'm making beans from scratch, I'll add a dash of a light acid right at the end. For pintos you could use lime juice or a light vinegar like rice or champagne. You could also add a bit of finely chopped fresh cilantro at the end to further elevate the flavor.

I think lime might be where I want to go. I just need something that really cuts through and is bright, and since I'm in that tex mex flavor profile anyway...

Thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2021
    As a really basic recipe I’ve started making beans and rice but in a tex mex style, i.e pinto beans, cumin, you know the flavor profile. A few weeks back the onion, pepper, diced tomato, and hot sauce were good enough to round out the flavors.

Then I had pineapple fried rice and ever since I feel like my dishes are missing brightness in flavor, even sweetness. Its got the hot and flavors from the hot sauce (Tapatio) and the peppery spiciness, but it just feels one note.

What do yall think? Lime juice? Pineapple chunks? Some other sharp fruit flavor that could cut through nicely?

Lime juice.

Also a bit of sour cream if you like it.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Got a dehydrator, anyone have any tips or wisdom?

My plan is to restart my indoor herb garden and dry my own chives and make some spice mixes. Ultimately I'd rather grow and dry things that aren't dirt cheap to just buy, or things that benefit greatly from being fresh.

Edit: Or things I can't find, like weird peppers or mushrooms. Lion's Mane is f'ing delicious and cool to grow.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    Lime and cilantro did the trick.

Also, some cheese and a tortilla. We all knew it would end this way someday.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Got a dehydrator, anyone have any tips or wisdom?

My plan is to restart my indoor herb garden and dry my own chives and make some spice mixes. Ultimately I'd rather grow and dry things that aren't dirt cheap to just buy, or things that benefit greatly from being fresh.

Edit: Or things I can't find, like weird peppers or mushrooms. Lion's Mane is f'ing delicious and cool to grow.

Mash up some bananas into a puree. Spread it thin on a silpat or similar and place in the dehydrator. Enjoy your banana crisps with some ice cream or similar.

• Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Any suggestions for some holiday inspired cookies that don't require fancy decoration?

@Schrodinger

www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25808/chocolate-truffle-cookies

I got this recipe from these forums many years ago from the SE++ cookie exchange. I am not being competent at digging up who I got them from, but this is a recipe that my friends' mothers have asked me to clue them in on.

CowShark on
  • Options
    Looks like a snow forecast means this year's Christmas dinner will be over Zoom as well.

Anyway, here's my Christmas dinner for one:

Ham steak
    Mashed potatoes
    roasted carrots
    Peas
    jello salad

Previous day:
    Prepare jello salad

That morning:
    Peel and place potatoes in the pot you intend to boil them in, and cover them with water.
    Prepare ham (And glaze if you're doing that.)

One hour before dinner:
    Start roasting carrots.
    Get potatoes boiling.

20 minutes before dinner:
    Sear ham in skillet.
    Get peas into microwave dish, but leave in fridge.

5 minutes before dinner:
    Microwave peas
    Assemble plate

And for why I picked these foods:
    Ham steak: comes precooked, and in reasonable sizes for a single person. I'm actually using a (small) real ham that I'll just take a slice off, but the rest can just be chopped up, frozen, and used in soup later.
    Mashed potatoes: I like mashed potatoes. Also, most prep can be done in the morning. (This is actually the hardest dish in here to prepare, but still reasonable.)
    Roasted carrots: I'm not using the oven for anything else, and I'm using baby-cut carrots, so there's no real prep work needed. Just oil up and roast.
    Peas: can be microwaved and give good results. Also, again, no real prep work needed.
    Jello salad: can be prepared the previous day.

• Options
    CowShark wrote: »

@Schrodinger

www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25808/chocolate-truffle-cookies

I got this recipe from these forums many years ago from the SE++ cookie exchange. I am not being competent at digging up who I got them from, but this is a recipe that my friends' mothers have asked me to clue them in on.

I love some chocolate cookies and hate others. It took me far too long that the ones I love are basically just cookie shaped brownies. The ones I didn't were just cookies with some cocoa added.

• Options
    For Christmas I got an Amazon gift card, and I'm considering a new appliance. The only issue is that I don't have a good sense for how much I would use a new appliance. Right now I don't have any recipes that need any of these, because I don't have one. So, time to compare apples to oranges, and get suggestions. Do you have any of these, and they're just gathering dust? Or do you do all your cooking in them?

Instant pot/pressure cooker: I really don't have a good sense of how much I would use this. Currently, most of my dinner meals are cooked in a saucepan on the stove, and this could take over most of that, but I just don't know.

Air fryer: Clearly I don't own an air fryer. Joke option, unless it isn't. I'm not particularly interested in any with a non-stick coating, because those feel somewhat disposable.

Blender: Do I really need to blend anything, though?

Immersion blender: Like a blender, but smaller. (No children in the house, so that cuts down on the actual danger of something like this.)

Food processor: I technically have one now, but it's a really small model that I just use for one recipe.

Dutch oven: This would basically be a replacement for my slow cooker that I don't actually use. The main benefit over that, as I understand it, is that dutch ovens get hot enough that you can caramelize foods. Assume I'm aiming for a $60 one.

Stand mixer: the issue here is that due to my dairy allergy, and how sugar treats me, I don't do much baking. They're also really expensive for something I'm not sure I'll use.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    For Christmas I got an Amazon gift card, and I'm considering a new appliance. The only issue is that I don't have a good sense for how much I would use a new appliance. Right now I don't have any recipes that need any of these, because I don't have one. So, time to compare apples to oranges, and get suggestions. Do you have any of these, and they're just gathering dust? Or do you do all your cooking in them?

Instant pot/pressure cooker: I really don't have a good sense of how much I would use this. Currently, most of my dinner meals are cooked in a saucepan on the stove, and this could take over most of that, but I just don't know.

Air fryer: Clearly I don't own an air fryer. Joke option, unless it isn't. I'm not particularly interested in any with a non-stick coating, because those feel somewhat disposable.

Immersion blender: Like a blender, but smaller. (No children in the house, so that cuts down on the actual danger of something like this.)

Food processor: I technically have one now, but it's a really small model that I just use for one recipe.

Dutch oven: This would basically be a replacement for my slow cooker that I don't actually use. The main benefit over that, as I understand it, is that dutch ovens get hot enough that you can caramelize foods. Assume I'm aiming for a $60 one.

Stand mixer: the issue here is that due to my dairy allergy, and how sugar treats me, I don't do much baking. They're also really expensive for something I'm not sure I'll use.

Pressure cooker/instant pot is the most versatile of those. I’ve done pork ribs in mine. Rice. Mashed potatoes. Corned beef. Butter chicken. Soups and stews are great out of the instantpot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    A good instant pot can also double as a decent rice cooker and crock pot. I love mine for batch cooking, and soups/stews and chowders.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I got my Instant Pot through the Secret Santa thing here and it's been the kitchen gadget I use constantly. I absolutely love it.

• Options
    If you aren't trying to do a lot of browning, the Instant Pot is great. I was pretty skeptical but fell in love with how quick and easy it is to cook in big batches. Dry beans done in an hour. Whole chicken done in an hour (including time under the broiler to crisp up the skin). I've made some amazing porketta from a raw shoulder roast to falling off the bone in under 2 hours. Chilli is one of my favorite things to make. Dry beans, browned beef chunks (cheapest cut you can find), beer, broth, tomato and spices. Cook at high pressure for an hour or so and it's perfect every time.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    If you aren't trying to do a lot of browning, the Instant Pot is great. I was pretty skeptical but fell in love with how quick and easy it is to cook in big batches. Dry beans done in an hour. Whole chicken done in an hour (including time under the broiler to crisp up the skin). I've made some amazing porketta from a raw shoulder roast to falling off the bone in under 2 hours. Chilli is one of my favorite things to make. Dry beans, browned beef chunks (cheapest cut you can find), beer, broth, tomato and spices. Cook at high pressure for an hour or so and it's perfect every time.

I'll brown my meats in a cast iron pan while using the instantpot to brown the onions at the same time. Works great and saves a bunch of time.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I even made instant pot steak and shit was good

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2022

The big thing to consider imo is what you cook now and what you might want to cook. That should dictate where you are going with this purchase.

Instant Pots can do a bunch of things but especially like rice/soups/stews/etc. The kind of things you'd think you would cook in a big-ass pot.

A Dutch Oven would be the basic alternative to this. In some ways more versatile because you can achieve higher heats and use it for other things like frying, but also slower then a pressure cooker. And you might be looking at more then $60 for a decent one, although that depends on how many people you are cooking for and how big the meals you wanna cook are and so on.

Air Fryers are actually good from anything I've heard. Especially if there's only like 1 or 2 of you. They are basically tiny convection ovens and are pretty versatile in terms of covering the oven to fryer space afaik.

A blender is a blender. If you haven't found the need to blend much recently, it ain't worth it. And for most stuff that isn't drinks an immersion blender is handier.

Immersion blenders are great for specific things like puree soups and sauces or for making mayo or things like that. Just gotta ask yourself if you are gonna actually make any of those.

Food processors are useful but if you already have one and barely use it I'm not sure a bigger one is gonna do anything for you. A full size one would make better dough I guess if you wanna use it for that.

If you don't bake much, stand mixer is almost certainly not worth it.

That's my take on the options anyway.

shryke on
  • Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    Because people are already talking about insta-pots, anyone have good soup recipes? Ideally ones that don’t require me to save bones, since I’m lazy and usually by everything boneless.

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    More importantly though, someone teach me how to cook pancakes. I fucking can not get them to be a nice medium brown.

Now to start with I don’t usually use the regular bisquick powder. I’ve been using stuff with darker flours or something, that makes the pancakes darker. Currently using either Trader Joe’s pumpkin mix, or snoqualmie falls mix.

My usual steps:
    • Mix batter (leaving some lumps but no dry powder, and letting it sit for at least 5 min).
    • Set gas stove two medium low
    • when pan is hot, melt some butter and wipe all of it off with paper towel (supposedly closes up some metal pores?)
    • poor on batter
    • attempt to flip when a few bubbles appear on top of pancake

But I can not get the heat right. It’s either too cold, and the batter sticks and I can’t get a clean flip without breaking everything. Or too hot and by the time I flip they are more brown than I wanted (not like burnt, just fairly brown).

I’ve probably made them every weekend for a year now and maybe once did they come out exactly like I wanted. I am so bad at this.

Jebus314 on
    "The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    I always do my pancakes on my electric skillet. It's been a while, but I believe I put the temperature to 375f?

I have no idea how accurate the temperature on it is.