• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    Everyone listen up!!!

You might not know this…

Gray’s Anatomy is a fucking good show!

I feel like this is a trick.

It's a powerhouse of tv in the "more serious but just as overly dramatic as any hospital setting soap opera" genre. Of which there is a ton of competing content. It's not TV I have any interest in, despite knowing that one or more of the characters are stalked by a murderous helicopter piloted by The Angel of Death, but if that's your thing it's definitely the strongest entry in the genre

Are you talking about ER having Dr. Romano lose an arm to a helicopter and then seasons later die when one falls on him? Or does Gray's Anatomy somehow also have a doctor with a history of helicopter trauma?

Oooh, maybe I am thinking of ER

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    two episodes in and I think the thing really selling me on Peacemaker is how wholly unprofessional Peacemaker himself is
    WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS PUMPED UP KICKS COVER

Hidden for those haven't seen this yet and want to be surprised!

I knew right away that was
    Michael Starr singing
    , and was hoping it was a
    Steel Panther
    cover, but a bit of reading shows it's
    But it wasn’t Foster The People’s original recording of the track that played during the credits. Instead, it was a cover by British film composer John Murphy, featuring the voice of Ralph Saenz, aka Michael Starr.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Peacemaker is really good, but it is definitely pure unfiltered James Gunn with all that entails.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Counterpoint, Gray's Anatomy is a bad show!

I DISAGREE

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    oh dang

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Personally, I just watched Keijo!!!!!!!! again, and am delighted to report that the mind does indeed wallpaper over the vast majority of cringe moments in that show, so that a new viewing is almost as surprising as watching it for the first time. So much tonal whiplash between "This is a masterpiece of sports/naruto/dbz anime!" and "I may in fact be a monster for watching this."

It's exhilarating! One of the best shows that I am both sad and relieved never got a second season!

@Zonugal are you ready to become a monster?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Personally, I just watched Keijo!!!!!!!! again, and am delighted to report that the mind does indeed wallpaper over the vast majority of cringe moments in that show, so that a new viewing is almost as surprising as watching it for the first time. So much tonal whiplash between "This is a masterpiece of sports/naruto/dbz anime!" and "I may in fact be a monster for watching this."

It's exhilarating! One of the best shows that I am both sad and relieved never got a second season!

Zonugal are you ready to become a monster?

I certainly drink enough of it, so, sure

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Peacemaker is really good, but it is definitely pure unfiltered James Gunn with all that entails.

James Gunn is a man who is very proud of his Troma past, with all that entails

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I have multiple times during the released episodes of Peacemaker caught myself saying "yep, this is a James Gunn production alright."

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want to see the outtakes for the title sequence. I feel like there would be a lot.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I hope each season has a new musical number.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

There's no way this gets another season

I say that not as a criticism, I just think it's probably very expensive and also James Gunn will likely have a few other commitments

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I want to see the outtakes for the title sequence. I feel like there would be a lot.

I imagine keeping a stoneface the entire time was harder than the dancing. I know I'd crack constantly.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

I imagine keeping a stoneface the entire time was harder than the dancing. I know I'd crack constantly.

Oh, the amount of times you practice dance choreography dissolves any humor found in it.

It was funny the first couple of times.

It was a nightmare the 15th time through it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    The dancing is also just so bad. Especially Peacemakers moves

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I watch Grey's Anatomy, and it's just such a soap-opera. So many people die. So many people get into the worst sort of situations. It has a lot of twists and a revolving door of characters. It covers a lot of different social-justice issues in a pretty good way, but also is highly unrealistic..

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    The dancing is also just so bad. Especially Peacemakers moves

Gasp

How dare you

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'm 36, I'm thoroughly married - I thought I'd grown out of having crushes. But this season of Taskmaster has Aisling Bea, who I've somehow never seen in anything, and damned if I don't have a lil crush

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    ireland forever

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IBi7gN2THE

Oh yeah, this is going to be fun.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Dang, Netflix finally has a comedy show I think I'm interested in: Murderville, a whodunnit where Will Arnett stars with a new celebrity every episode who doesn't know the script and has to improvise

Season one stars Sharon Stone, Ken Jeong, Marshawn Lynch, Annie Murphy, Kumail Nanjiani https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/netflix-will-arnett-famous-celebs-improvised-mystery-murderville-1235074040/
    Feb 3

https://youtu.be/4IBi7gN2THE

I’m completely in

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I don't even want to watch the trailer, honestly. But gimme that fuckin' show when it drops, for real.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I'm 36, I'm thoroughly married - I thought I'd grown out of having crushes. But this season of Taskmaster has Aisling Bea, who I've somehow never seen in anything, and damned if I don't have a lil crush

I'd always enjoyed Aisling Bea in whatever I'd seen her before and only expected to like her more on Taskmaster, but I ended up falling harder for Sally Philips instead.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    After watching her on WILTY, the algorithm snuck more Aisling into my watch list. Like this one:

https://youtu.be/z7hLql1SJ8I

It then started giving me "Irish people drink American Whiskey" videos

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

I say that not as a criticism, I just think it's probably very expensive and also James Gunn will likely have a few other commitments

I think James Gunn has proven that, at this point, he's going to get to make whatever weird projects he wants to, and studios are just going to go ahead and accommodate his schedule because of all the money he prints for them.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

She was in the Doctor Who News Years special and was the best part of the episode.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Cowboy Bebop is such a fantastic show my god. The anime. I haven't seen the Netflix series.

I'm 17 episodes in and the show has pulled off such a wide variety of tones so well in such a short runtime. I'm seriously impressed.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda on the losing side of this particular war

but I thought the live action show was actually pretty okay.

they made some bad character decisions but like, come on guys, give it a season 2

the first season and at least half of the second season of Star Trek TNG are fucking dire and we've still been riding that Star Trek wave for like, 40 dang years.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda on the losing side of this particular war

but I thought the live action show was actually pretty okay.

they made some bad character decisions but like, come on guys, give it a season 2

the first season and at least half of the second season of Star Trek TNG are fucking dire and we've still been riding that Star Trek wave for like, 40 dang years.

Yea it was fun. Especially if you just separate it from the original. It doesn't need to be a carbon copy. Just taking some of the ideas and making a fun a little anime with real people deal.

There's definitely much worse shows that have gotten longer runs, that's for sure.

I would have loved to see what they could do with a second season.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

I think James Gunn has proven that, at this point, he's going to get to make whatever weird projects he wants to, and studios are just going to go ahead and accommodate his schedule because of all the money he prints for them.

You know, I think James Gunn would be perfect to make his own Malignant

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

this happens to me at least once with every season of Taskmaster

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Shorty wrote: »

same but it's with alex every time

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I showed a bunch of Bebop to a friend recently, who watches a lot of anime but had never gotten around to it for whatever reason. She had been under the impression that it was like, a Serious Crime Drama anime and was pleasantly surprised to find that they're mostly goofy losers who can't get paid for their gigs. But also that it deftly handles the grittier or more melancholic tones as well! What a dang good show

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

same but it's with alex every time

for me it's always a little bit Greg

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    No, Greg's the big one. The little bit is Alex.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    asofyeun wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »

You know, I think James Gunn would be perfect to make his own Malignant

It was called Slither.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Have we talked about this? Looks like it could be some dumb fun.

https://youtu.be/Hf7KOjIJFgI

• Options
    I finished the Expanse tv series
    Just going to leave the whole Laconia thing hanging huh? I’m surprised it didn’t say, read the books to find out what happens next.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    *slams fist on table* You're all underestimating just how hot and powerful these crimes are!!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I finished the Expanse tv series
    Just going to leave the whole Laconia thing hanging huh? I’m surprised it didn’t say, read the books to find out what happens next.

I get the impression they REALLY want to make more.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
This discussion has been closed.