Options

[Chat] with friends.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    🐁
    stoners have had it too good for too long

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    🐕
    I like horses. I would not want to own a horse.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    amateurhour on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    🦬
    That is a weird-looking pen

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    stoners have had it too good for too long

There’s a reflexive defensiveness because since the 70’s media coverage of weed use has only just started evolving beyond “lol better get some snacks because of THE MUNCHIES omg lol” kind of sniggering language

Yes it’s hilarious that it’s illegal for me to smoke weed federally but I can go drink myself death with the government’s blessing as we spend billions of dollars harassing minorities and ruining their lives over marijuana possession the munchies are so funny

Also you can be an alcoholic but if you’re passionate about a certain type of alcohol it’s just a hobby which is all well and good

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    @herrcron please give me your vegetarian recommendations

Right now I'm leaning toward Vin Papillon and possibly Elena

I'd say any of these would be well worth a shout

Green Panther - https://www.thegreenpanther.com/
    Aux Vivres - https://en.auxvivres.com/
    Lola Rosa - https://lolarosa.ca/
    Copper branch - https://www.eatcopperbranch.com/

Also, La Banquise does a vegan based poutine sauce, so if you want to go to what is a Montreal institution, you have options there.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    🐕
    I don't need your fancy NYC Tapwater Bong Ceddy

I do just fine with the bare minimum.

Rick. Not even Morty. Just Rick

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    🐁
    i have a medical marijuana license and it really does help me out including with dealing with pain; IMO I would much rather use weed medically than opiods which are FAR more destructive and dangerous

I vape personally since it's easier on the lungs than literal burnt plant

thank you for attending my TED talk

• Options
    I don't need your fancy NYC Tapwater Bong Ceddy

I do just fine with the bare minimum.

Rick. Not even Morty. Just Rick

I don’t know why they’ve become the standard bearers for people that are ready to explain the difference between sativa and indica

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    i have a medical marijuana license and it really does help me out including with dealing with pain; IMO I would much rather use weed medically than opiods which are FAR more destructive and dangerous

I vape personally since it's easier on the lungs than literal burnt plant

thank you for attending my TED talk

I actually need to cut down on smoking for that reason, I’m looking forward to being able purchase tincture for that very reason!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    how is baldur's gate 3 shaping up

@bloodyroarxx it's pretty toight, I've stopped playing it because I will absolutely burn myself out on the content that is there, so I'm more or less waiting for release now.

It's a lot of fun though, there's a very active modding community that bodes well for post launch, they removed the cutscene where you fuck the vampire because they suck, but other than that

A++

A barbarian can rage and use goblins as thrown weapons, so the old review is still just as valid and fun

1th48b15z1u51.png?auto=webp&s=12edf1bcd75360ea403f2945bcf07431eeb42359

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    🦉
    Echo wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Everquest has housing now (i think for like 15 years but i have no idea) and it's like three neighborhoods with limited space but it just creates a new instance of the neighborhood when one fills up

simple. elegant

FFXIV still has this really clunky non-scalable not-cloud infrastructure with physical server farms. Each game server has 1080 housing plots, no more, no less. Squeenix has to literally fly engineers from Japan to data centers around the world to do hardware upgrades.

in a way i'm kind of impressed

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Everquest has housing now (i think for like 15 years but i have no idea) and it's like three neighborhoods with limited space but it just creates a new instance of the neighborhood when one fills up

simple. elegant

FFXIV still has this really clunky non-scalable not-cloud infrastructure with physical server farms. Each game server has 1080 housing plots, no more, no less. Squeenix has to literally fly engineers from Japan to data centers around the world to do hardware upgrades.

I am now imagining getting a character transferred to a different server involving physically pulling out a hard drive and slapping it into a different spot. Datacenter transfer and some courier has to take it on the plane, furtively watching all the other passengers in case one of them is trying to steal your character.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    🐳
    Wait what was the forbidden word I used

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    🐍
    Fortenberry, recent congresscritter who was convicted of being a bribe-accepting shitheel, worked in the same building as I do.

I should go by his office today after work and bask in the schadenfreude.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    The dallas airport is a nightmare of obtuse inefficiency. It’s admirable.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    🐳
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

simple. elegant

I am now imagining getting a character transferred to a different server involving physically pulling out a hard drive and slapping it into a different spot. Datacenter transfer and some courier has to take it on the plane, furtively watching all the other passengers in case one of them is trying to steal your character.
    FF14 broke during their latest release because of stuff like this...

• Options
    🐳
    Unfortunately the police can directly hear my thoughts if I smoke so I generally stick to cee bee dee öl I wish it relaxed me like other people. But cee bee dee Öl does really well for me if I am anxious or have pain.

---this post just reappeared in my comment field after it disappeared five minutes ago due to "needing review". Oh I think I changed it.

• Options
    Cee bee dee is forbidden!

• Options
    Also first time at an airport in years where no one has a mask on

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    jlxk6pl6x6a8.jpeg

I can’t believe I didn’t know this was a thing

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Being a grownup is overrated

Six on
  • Options
    🐕
    Six wrote: »

Counterpoint, my wife told me it's going to be hot for her to bang a 40 year old next year. Apparently it was always a hidden desire.

(I don't know if she means me or another 40 year old though, I guess)

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I have had horses. Adorable critters but I'd sooner eat one than adopt one for all the freaking work they are.

• Options
    edited April 2022

Counterpoint, my wife told me it's going to be hot for her to bang a 40 year old next year. Apparently it was always a hidden desire.

Counterpoint, being 40 or over does not make one a grownup

Ask me how I know

Six on
  • Options
    🐕

Oh like "grown up", not just adult. Yeah agree.

Hell I am probably not what you'd classify as a grown up

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular

AH you built your own house tho D:

• Options
    🐕
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I have had horses. Adorable critters but I'd sooner eat one than adopt one for all the freaking work they are.

Yeah my grandma lived next to a horse ranch and I got to learn to ride and then I realized you have to like really fucking invest some time into that horse or have the money to pay someone else to

• Options
    🐕
    Tumin wrote: »

AH you built your own house tho D:

Yeah but it's kind of atilt

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Honestly, lots of other demographics and interest groups get curated media selections, I don't really see what's so lmao about the AARP doing one, except in the general sense where we are constantly low-level shitty about age and aging and older people.

Like I'm 42, hardly retirement age, but I'm already finding myself in need of something beyond stories about young people finding their identities, or identity formation in general. I get a lot more out of media about people moving past the disappointments and resentments in their past, finding renewed purpose and fighting to take back some of your life and dignity from capitalism, connecting with other adults, etc etc. And, of course, that stuff is out there, but you do gotta sift for it. So if someone wanted to do that kind of work for me, great.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    🦕

Aren't you gonna be surprised when you walk in on her and her silver-haired Tinder hookup.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    https://youtu.be/cUXQmDc3xF4

Looks like I have no choice but to start a replay.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »

correct, the decision has been made for you. you should just submit and replay them all and post about it here for me to read imo

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    🪲
    AH wanted to be truly self sufficient so he mixed his own shit with grass to fill in the outer walls.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    So you know how for like 15 years people have been saying "why didn't they ever make a CRPG of D&D Fourth Edition?"

Well...I think that maybe they just did. Or at least something that resembles 4e and the various dungeon crawly boardgames of the 2010s. The short pitch is that it seems like it's D&D4e

Sold
    meets XCOM

OMG Sold
    meets Jagged Alliance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    🦉
    Honestly, lots of other demographics and interest groups get curated media selections, I don't really see what's so lmao about the AARP doing one, except in the general sense where we are constantly low-level shitty about age and aging and older people.

Like I'm 42, hardly retirement age, but I'm already finding myself in need of something beyond stories about young people finding their identities, or identity formation in general. I get a lot more out of media about people moving past the disappointments and resentments in their past, finding renewed purpose and fighting to take back some of your life and dignity from capitalism, connecting with other adults, etc etc. And, of course, that stuff is out there, but you do gotta sift for it. So if someone wanted to do that kind of work for me, great.

the phrasing "movies for grownups" just is very funny and a bit condescending imo but the idea of cinema that's not aimed at 12-25 year olds certainly seems completely normal

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

also @Bogart you've only played the first one of these, right?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    🪲
    jacob of the house kosh bought me a shadowrun game one time.
    it was pretty neat but short.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

the phrasing "movies for grownups" just is very funny and a bit condescending imo but the idea of cinema that's not aimed at 12-25 year olds certainly seems completely normal

the phrase would have probably bothered me more 15 years ago and I would have rattled off a list of recent releases that are very much for grownups and are in wide release and doing well and proof that the sky isn't falling (this was very possible to do in 2007 or whatever) but now, in 2022, when it seems like the biggest grossers are pixar/star wars/comic/fast&furious movies and people are stuffing ballots to get the oscars to call "flash enters the speed force" the greatest movie scene of all time, i kind of start to see where they're coming from

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    🐕
    Are those the same Shadowrun games that were on iOS a while back?

I bounced off the first one which was a huge surprise cause I totally dig SR. The genesis game was probably a top 2 or 3 game of my childhood. Not sure why the new one didn't grab me...

This discussion has been closed.