Options

[Chat] with friends.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/cUXQmDc3xF4

Looks like I have no choice but to start a replay.

also Bogart you've only played the first one of these, right?

Correct. My iPad was ancient and could barely handle playing the first game.

I’ll definitely pick it up on the PS4, though.

Bogart on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    🦉
    Chanus wrote: »
    Honestly, lots of other demographics and interest groups get curated media selections, I don't really see what's so lmao about the AARP doing one, except in the general sense where we are constantly low-level shitty about age and aging and older people.

Like I'm 42, hardly retirement age, but I'm already finding myself in need of something beyond stories about young people finding their identities, or identity formation in general. I get a lot more out of media about people moving past the disappointments and resentments in their past, finding renewed purpose and fighting to take back some of your life and dignity from capitalism, connecting with other adults, etc etc. And, of course, that stuff is out there, but you do gotta sift for it. So if someone wanted to do that kind of work for me, great.

the phrasing "movies for grownups" just is very funny and a bit condescending imo but the idea of cinema that's not aimed at 12-25 year olds certainly seems completely normal

the phrase would have probably bothered me more 15 years ago and I would have rattled off a list of recent releases that are very much for grownups and are in wide release and doing well and proof that the sky isn't falling (this was very possible to do in 2007 or whatever) but now, in 2022, when it seems like the biggest grossers are pixar/star wars/comic/fast&furious movies and people are stuffing ballots to get the oscars to call "flash enters the speed force" the greatest movie scene of all time, i kind of start to see where they're coming from

i suppose there isn't any descriptor they could have used that didn't have some way to interpret it as silly

elder cinema: kinda pretentious

mature movies: sounds boring

adult films: wait

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    🦕
    so I know No Man’s Sky is a you either love it or hate it game but when the Expedition mode drops do any butts want to join up and explore a procedurally created galaxy??

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    🪲
    Zavian wrote: »
    i have a medical marijuana license and it really does help me out including with dealing with pain; IMO I would much rather use weed medically than opiods which are FAR more destructive and dangerous

I vape personally since it's easier on the lungs than literal burnt plant

thank you for attending my TED talk

I actually need to cut down on smoking for that reason, I’m looking forward to being able purchase tincture for that very reason!

I'm so scared of tinctures because of that thing where people got popcorn lung from vape cartridges uhhh two years ago (??? wow I do not know when this happened; what is time)

my little vape seems to have broken as of two days ago and I don't know if I can try to jar the heating elements back into place from where I think they must have shifted, or what. So maybe I will soon be on the market for a different vape item.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    🦉
    popcorn lung i believe was from geniuses using actual sugars to sweeten the flavor of the vape juice, which i don't suspect would be an issue with tinctures

• Options
    🪲
    JPants wrote: »
    Are those the same Shadowrun games that were on iOS a while back?

I bounced off the first one which was a huge surprise cause I totally dig SR. The genesis game was probably a top 2 or 3 game of my childhood. Not sure why the new one didn't grab me...

Did you start with Dead Man's switch or with Dragonfall or Hong Kong?

Dead Man's Switch is kind of a proof of concept for their engine and not necessarily worth playing. Not very engrossing.

Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both great. Dragonfall has a better overall story and Hong Kong has tighter and more varied and well-designed missions.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Honestly, lots of other demographics and interest groups get curated media selections, I don't really see what's so lmao about the AARP doing one, except in the general sense where we are constantly low-level shitty about age and aging and older people.

Like I'm 42, hardly retirement age, but I'm already finding myself in need of something beyond stories about young people finding their identities, or identity formation in general. I get a lot more out of media about people moving past the disappointments and resentments in their past, finding renewed purpose and fighting to take back some of your life and dignity from capitalism, connecting with other adults, etc etc. And, of course, that stuff is out there, but you do gotta sift for it. So if someone wanted to do that kind of work for me, great.

the phrasing "movies for grownups" just is very funny and a bit condescending imo but the idea of cinema that's not aimed at 12-25 year olds certainly seems completely normal

the phrase would have probably bothered me more 15 years ago and I would have rattled off a list of recent releases that are very much for grownups and are in wide release and doing well and proof that the sky isn't falling (this was very possible to do in 2007 or whatever) but now, in 2022, when it seems like the biggest grossers are pixar/star wars/comic/fast&furious movies and people are stuffing ballots to get the oscars to call "flash enters the speed force" the greatest movie scene of all time, i kind of start to see where they're coming from

i suppose there isn't any descriptor they could have used that didn't have some way to interpret it as silly

elder cinema: kinda pretentious

mature movies: sounds boring

adult films: wait

is there an AARP/AVN crossover award

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    so I know No Man’s Sky is a you either love it or hate it game but when the Expedition mode drops do any butts want to join up and explore a procedurally created galaxy??

Is it still on game pass? I’d be down. I tried it stoned one evening and had just gotten off a three month astronomer binge and it wanted me to collect resources to make things and I bounced off it but I might be ready now.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    🪲
    popcorn lung i believe was from geniuses using actual sugars to sweeten the flavor of the vape juice, which i don't suspect would be an issue with tinctures

ahhh ok
    I just have in my mind that liquid=popcorn lung and I can't say I looked more into it due to the visceral terror there

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    sir will have the pomme
    credeiki wrote: »
    I'm so scared of tinctures because of that thing where people got popcorn lung from vape cartridges uhhh two years ago (??? wow I do not know when this happened; what is time)

wait why does this make you scared of tinctures? they're taken orally

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Let’s go make a deal with a dragon, Chummers.

• Options
    🦉

ahhh ok
    I just have in my mind that liquid=popcorn lung and I can't say I looked more into it due to the visceral terror there

tbf it is pretty horrifying

• Options
    🪲
    sir will have the pomme

cause they might be contaminated with chemicals that even if they don't give you popcorn lung could give you cancer

man I don't know; there's just something reassuring about interacting with a plain plant

yes it's all just utter superstition and obviously I know that not all chemicals are "bad"

• Options
    🦉
    i only liked No Man's Sky before they fixed it but i'm a known weirdo

• Options
    🦉
    sir will have the pomme

cause they might be contaminated with chemicals that even if they don't give you popcorn lung could give you cancer

man I don't know; there's just something reassuring about interacting with a plain plant

yes it's all just utter superstition and obviously I know that not all chemicals are "bad"

cred did you know you are currently surrounded by dihydrogen oxide??!?!?!!?!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i have a medical marijuana license and it really does help me out including with dealing with pain; IMO I would much rather use weed medically than opiods which are FAR more destructive and dangerous

I actually need to cut down on smoking for that reason, I’m looking forward to being able purchase tincture for that very reason!

my little vape seems to have broken as of two days ago and I don't know if I can try to jar the heating elements back into place from where I think they must have shifted, or what. So maybe I will soon be on the market for a different vape item.

Tinctures are just decarb’d weed soaked in oil or alcohol!

Also the amounts you take are so small it would have to be super duper contaminated to matter

• Options
    edited April 2022
    🪲
    sir will have the pomme

cred did you know you are currently surrounded by dihydrogen oxide??!?!?!!?!

hahaha yeah it's a really goofy train of thought for a biophysicist to have, I realize

I think it's probably from years and years of propaganda but also actual news stories about people getting contaminated drugs that fucked them up

knowing the market is unregulated (where I live anyway) brings up all of that worry about sketchy substances that people have been pushing on me with a 'drugs are inherently dangerous' narrative my whole life. But when you just get plant matter it's like, whatever, this is not concerning (even though obviously it could still be contaminated).

(also, all the worry goes away when it's like, abuse of brand name pills, because you have the guarantee that you know exactly what's in them. It's...kind of a dumb way of thinking about risk but it does have a consistent center around the concept of quality and manufacturing consistency)

credeiki on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    🐕
    Are those the same Shadowrun games that were on iOS a while back?

I bounced off the first one which was a huge surprise cause I totally dig SR. The genesis game was probably a top 2 or 3 game of my childhood. Not sure why the new one didn't grab me...

Did you start with Dead Man's switch or with Dragonfall or Hong Kong?

Dead Man's Switch is kind of a proof of concept for their engine and not necessarily worth playing. Not very engrossing.

Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both great. Dragonfall has a better overall story and Hong Kong has tighter and more varied and well-designed missions.

Was Dead Man's Switch. I remember when Dragonfall came out and I passed cause I was disappointed with DMS. Maybe I'll search them out and give Dragonfall a chance.

Thanks Cred!

• Options

the thing with NMS for me is that it's a space game where I don't really like flying the spaceship

so all the stuff they bolt onto the game, and I mean it really does sound neat when I hear about it from my friends, is great, but it's just a nonstarter for me

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    🦉

Also the amounts you take are so small it would have to be super duper contaminated to matter

Oh shit this reminds me I got some crazy juice so I can put some tincture in it imma mix that up to go with the impending smoke

• Options
    🪲
    this is the first time I've actually sat down and considered how stupid it is to be afraid of tinctures

maybe I will try it this year

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »

Oh shit this reminds me I got some crazy juice so I can put some tincture in it imma mix that up to go with the impending smoke

What?

• Options
    🐕
    My issue with Tinctures is they just aren't effective for me. Specifically at pain relief. I have a similar problem with Edibles except that problem is a "0 or 100" problem. There is no dose of edible that gets me to any level of high besides too high.

Drinkables are fine though.

WTF body?

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    🐁

also you can just not get any of the gimmick flavor stuff they add in and get a cleaner CO2 extracted vape cart instead

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    🐳
    Is crazy juice formaldehyde?

• Options
    My issue with Tinctures is they just aren't effective for me. Specifically at pain relief. I have a similar problem with Edibles except that problem is a "0 or 100" problem. There is no dose of edible that gets me to any level of high besides too high.

Drinkables are fine though.

WTF body?

I don’t think I’ve ever had pain relief from weed, oddly enough

It does get rid of my nausea though, which is a common problem for me

• Options
    Wait is tincture fluid and vape juice the same substance?

I just thought tincture was for consuming as a liquid, not a vapor

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    🐕
    I want the crew that made Freelancer to make an Expanse space game

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    🐈

the thing with NMS for me is that it's a space game where I don't really like flying the spaceship

so all the stuff they bolt onto the game, and I mean it really does sound neat when I hear about it from my friends, is great, but it's just a nonstarter for me

This is a huge part of it

The spaceship is not very fun

But also the bulk of the game is just walking around shooting your beam at rocks and that sucks

The reward for that is finding cool planets but like.... that's too little too late

But that's a genre taste issue more than it is an actual quality issue tbh

• Options
    🦉

What?

Water soluble tincture, they sell it pre mixed in seltzer but they sell the straight up tincture and you can add it to basically anything. I’ll probably do a dose in a mexicoke later tonight for D&D

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    🐁
    Wait is tincture fluid and vape juice the same substance?

I just thought tincture was for consuming as a liquid, not a vapor

they're different (I think if it doesn't have alcohol in it you can mix it and use it as vape juice though?)

Zavian on
  • Options
    🐁
    No Mans Sky just has way too many things to harvest to be able to build stuff, and requires too much of each thing

there's a trick to go from station to station to expand your inventory which helps though, inventory management sucks

that said I havent played in a year so maybe they made it easier since then

• Options
    🦉
    You uh don’t smoke tincture you just eat it.

Distillate is what goes in a vape

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    🪲

you can if you believe hard enough

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    🐁

distillate or CO2 extract go into vapes, they're separate processes with CO2 being the cleaner one

• Options
    contessa is stalking around my feet and chirping because she thinks it's f o o d time but it is not f o o d time until the evening

• Options
    🐕
    I want the crew that made Freelancer to make an Expanse space game

omg AH, I think you're the first person I've encountered who knows Freelancer and how GD awesome that game was!! Everytime I try to talk about the joys of that game I get blank stares.

Hands down my favorite space controls I've ever played with. Combat was so fun and immersive, and even just flying around exploring space and shit was utterly rewarding.

I would take any spiritual successor to that game, doesn't matter what skin you put on it.

• Options
    🦉
    Is crazy juice formaldehyde?

Bolthouse farms green goodness

Just some wild shit

• Options
    🐁
    also currently across America today on 4/20
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-JApCk5DoM

This discussion has been closed.