As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resume from last read post is 1 page ahead

FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain.Registered User regular
Clicking to resume reading a thread I've previously read starts me a page in advance of where I last read it.

So:
Click to read a new thread -> Go to Page 1 (Post 1)
[Close thread]
Click to read thread again:
* Expected behaviour -> Go to Page 2 (post 41)
* Actual behaviour -> Go to Page 3 (post 81)

I can literally middle button mouse click multiple times on a long thread and rather than opening sequential pages, it will instead opens every other page (I just opened page 71, 73 and 75 of "Stilettos and Shadows (and other tabletop games)" in SE++).

The 'new' post count is accurate, so it looks like it is accurately recording the last viewed post correctly.

It also doesn't seem to occur when there is not yet a full page of posts since the last viewed post. i.e.:
If there are <40 new posts, resuming a thread will move to the top of the final page, not the last post on that page.

I'm currently on Chrome 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (64-bit), but I updated this as it was also occurring on whatever version I was on last night.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the 'new' post count thing any longer. More investigation required.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
Fishman on

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    does not reproduce for me on windows firefox 100.0

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Unable to repro in Edge 101.0.1210.39 (Official build) (64-bit)

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Yeah, it looks like the 'latest' post is 40 posts in advance of where it should be.

Went to "Psst… free goblin?" thread in SE++ (5 pages):
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/244485/psst-free-goblin#latest

Expected: Thread reports 120-160 new posts
    Actual: Thread now reports "84 new"

Latest post count does not seem to exceed actual number of posts in thread.
    If I read to end of thread, I can resume from previous last post when resuming thread when new posts have been made.

Fishman on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I just opened an incognito window of Chrome on the browser instance in which I am experiencing this issue and I am unable to reproduce in the incognito window. WTF?

Return focus to standard Chrome window, issue persists.

I might try clearing my cache and cookies.

EDIT: Nope, that didn't resolve it. This is fucking weird.

Fishman on
  • Options
    I think I solved this: it appears to have been related to the Chrome extension I was using for mouse gestures (crxMouse Chrome Gestures).