As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thread scrolling back a few seconds after loading

Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of MagicArcanusRegistered User regular
I'm on mobile (android, chrome) and a few seconds after I open a thread and have scrolled down a bit reading it zoops back up to the first post I had loaded in on. It's not critical but it is driving me a little batty.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I've seen this behavior when there are a lot of assets to load, like twitter embeds. It finishes loading everything, then goes to the "Latest" post.

What threads were you doing this in, and would they be classified as social media heavy or NSF56k?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    No I'm familiar with that effect it's a lot jerkier for lack of better descriptor, this is a weirdly smooth scroll. It's definitely related to loading in fully though because it only happens to me at work where the network is terrible. What seems to be happening is that the thread loads most of the way and I start reading and then once it's fully loaded in it scrolls back to where it wants to have loaded in at.

Yesterday was the first time I noticed it but if it's only happening to me and only when I am at work I'll be okay 8-)

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    embedded tweets seem to cause this

the d&d NHL thread is like 95% tweets by volume and is an obvious offender

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    this has started happening to me on desktop chrome as well

E: also seems to be caused by youtube embeds too

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Happens to me on desktop Firefox too.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hey just wanted to say this still happens on desktop and mobile for me :smiley: