As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Oh, I probably should have started the event sooner than last night. I didn't realize there was like a daily jobs component thing to it. Oops :3 Oh well. I am always so lazy on these events but this one said it lasted until the 19th so I thought I had a lot of time. Still I should probably not slack so much :P (I still only did the first four missions)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    my main reason for jumping into events is extra farming time. I do usually put of the EX stages for awhile.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Pulled Flametail today, I didn't realize her VA was Haruhi. Now I get to sit on this rather nice hoard of pulls I saved up for this event and save it for the next best opportunity. Which one is probably the most exciting after this event?

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Pulled Flametail today, I didn't realize her VA was Haruhi. Now I get to sit on this rather nice hoard of pulls I saved up for this event and save it for the next best opportunity. Which one is probably the most exciting after this event?

Chinese New Year banner is Ling and a good defender, forget his name off-hand, and if you go to pity you can get any of the Limited Chinese New Year characters you missed. Ling is a game changing Summoner, in that she is actually a Summoner, and her S3 can make two Mudrocks.

I'm not kidding.

.....BUT I PERSONALLY NEED HORN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBbNoZAQ1j8

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    HEY I recorded EX-4 CM and hoo boy that was real sweaty hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIyhPlzBWOc

It was a very last minute "Huh maybe I should record this" so the condition screen doesn't show, but, it's Defender/Guard Operators have tripled DP costs.

Did not occur to me at all that I would wanna record EX CMs 1/2/3 cause they were pretty easy oneshots for me, but. I'll definitely record more going forward! I mean obvs my strat was not the Intended Method but yknow what, fuck those archers holy shit

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Noice, got a second Flametail in my free summon last night.

Also I am so behind on this event. I really need to get the event missions done already before it's too late.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I was sick today so I spent a couple hours going through the EX and S stages.

Went pretty well, Kal and Chen were the MVPs for my account. Seriously though some of these enemies were beefcakes and I pulled out Scwartz to deal with them on NL-S-2.

Also, I will once again sing praises to Honeyberry. Great medic. Do recommend.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Finished off all the EXs and their Challenge modes. I didn't use loaners or strats for any of them so far, feels pretty good. Nealter is a powerful new stick to hit enemies with, very helpful. Still need to do the two access card levels yet.
    Edit: S1 done easily.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    NL-S-2 Challenge Mode complete!! Oof this one was hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZfJMjAPkA

SHHHHHHhhhhh i didn't know about the SAsh spot which makes this whole thing like 10x easier. pain.....

but HEY i still got it but WHOOF that was mega hard

But it is pretty cool I can clear this stuff with my own strats.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Took me so much time to get the exact right timing to be able to get the space behind all my guys illuminated so that caster dude wouldn't just one shot them...

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    My Thorns Hoshiguma died in NL-S-5. In a panic I put down Flametail to be the first of my disposable stallers expecting her to die in seconds.

FLAMEETAIL DODGE TANKS THE ENTIRE REST OF THE STAGE IN HOSHIGUMA'S PLACE LIKE A BOSS!

That's it girl! You're getting lvl90'd and S1M3'd as a reward for that!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    NL-EX-8 CM DONE HOLY GODDAMN MOLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qdHTCbeLkM

This is the price I pay for not looking up any guides and making my own strats. suffering and pain. I'm not gonna say how much time and sanity I spent on that, both in-game and in real life............

But hey it was pretty fun to figure that out. I checked it out afterwards but the normal guides are all "just stall with three high def 4* tanks" and honestly that is boooooringggg.

I shoulda put W behind Chen but I'mma be real I had no idea how her S1 actually worked looool. Eunectes though! Eyyy.

edit: Also I'm pretty sure Projekt Red has just been straight up my MVP for this event. Being able to on-demand interrupt the Candle Knights' explosions is SO GOOD

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Ugg I need to hurry up and do these damn missions before the event is over. I did the main ones but none of the extra ones :(

• Options
    edited May 2022
    NL-S-5 CM broke me okay I cracked like a walnut and looked up a strat smh. Shit's so ridic that I was like "nah fuck this, just gimme the guide". And there's a pretty damn good AFK Guide that I oneshot it with hehehehe. It was a variation of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGEu0RnEOL0

Siege can just be like legit whatever good laneholder (I used Mountain), Hoshi can be replaced by any number of high-def Defenders. I rotated between Mudrock, Eunectes with S3 active, and Mountain. That role is legit just "I need someone soaking these shots because holy hell they hurt" so fill in with whomever you have really. Borrowed a Shining, used my own Warfarin with S1. Average levels of about E2 40-50, don't need 80/90

edit: Oh! Now that I've done em all EX-7 CM was definitely my favorite cause I got to pull out Everyone's Favorite Bully
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqz5hP-HOo

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    cut things a bit close this time

cf1myty31ykq.png

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Orphane wrote: »
    cut things a bit close this time

cf1myty31ykq.png

I'm still not done.. *sigh* I need to do 2(I think? Was there 5 or 6?) more of those last set of missions (+challenge mode). I'll have to grind that out tonight. I hope I can get the rep up for that last faction? I'm mildly worried about that since they are tied to the final set of missions and I don't have *that* many work points to work with. But maybe doing the regular jobs (the ones you just "get" for doing the missions) will give me enough rep? *shrug*

Bah, this event had too many missions. I always feel like these Arknight events are too short but this one in particular was annoying for me.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I still need a way to figure out challenge mode for EX-8, S-3, S-4, and S-5. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish all of them, but we'll see.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I still need a way to figure out challenge mode for EX-8, S-3, S-4, and S-5. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish all of them, but we'll see.

I recall EX-8 Challenge Mode suuuuuuuucking. I've been using this youtube channel for guides:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AyuraNyan

Though this time around I've found a lot of them very, very tight (like, on some maps if you don't use the specials at the same time, etc the whole thing falls apart). S-3 was surprisingly not bad once I was able to get down the strategy/rhythm for normal. The key is basically "spam fast-deploy operators (or literally anything you're not using) to eat fireballs" (though I guess YMMV on tanking the three rows of guys.. Muldrock + Blemishine + black monster dude that Kal'tsit summons with Ifirit burning stuff worked for me)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I thought I had challenge EX-8 setup nicely, but my Sniper Ch'en ran out of special ammo at just the wrong time and a lot of those floaty-swords got through and healed up the bossman. :rage:

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I gave up, just not enough time to bonk my head off this many challenge missions. The S missions were really unnecessary, and gating them so late was mean

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I slacked hard this event

Like, "I'm still on NL-5 cause I want to read the story but each chapter is so fucking long" slacked hard.

Figure I'll just finish the main story missions today, get the last welfare token I need from the shop, then chill.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I gave up, just not enough time to bonk my head off this many challenge missions. The S missions were really unnecessary, and gating them so late was mean

Yeah, the S missions should have literally just been one, maybe with a longer wave of guys. That was the precedent they setup in past events. This was just way too much (*especially* with the S challenge missions on top of the EX challenge missions).

I also feel like there were way more EX missions than they usually do.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    All the many, many missions were very good from a "getting Originite Prime to make up for all the costumes I bought" aspect. I just had to buckle down and do all of them on the weekend.

• Options
    Whew, squeaked out EX-8 challenge mode, thought I had blown it since the boss absorbed enough red blades to regen, but he moved just far enough away before I threw down a tank behind him to be able to kill all the blades before doing it again.

Ugh, unpleasant level.

• Options
    My word.

I was going to finish M2 and M3 and Siege and Ejya S2... and I need so many rocks :cry:

• Options
    Alright, finished the event story and ended up bum rushing all the CM/EX/SL stages for the OP.

Am exactly 3 prestige short of hitting max rank with the Armorless Union, which is mostly annoying cause they locked an epilogue cutscene behind it (I'm sure I can find it on youtube but it's not quite the same). My fault for not doing a single daily for two weeks I guess?

Fun event! I've always liked the dubstep knights storylines, and this was a nice follow up.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Started this back up and stalled out at event mission 8. I do sort of wish there were more things that were medium difficulty tower defense. Everything is either super easy or nutso hard if you don't know the meta.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Finally decided to check out this module system that I have been steadfastly ignoring up until now.

Damn, they really gave Phantom an 80% DP refund on retreat huh, that seems kinda nuts?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Phantom in general is kinda nuts.

• Options
    I was able to finish everything in time and get all the medals but it sucked :/ Didn't buy everything I wanted from the store either but I bought out all the first section so whatever.

• Options
    Bum rushing the event at the last minute lit some kinda fire in me to actually progress in this game again, so I went ahead and knocked out all of chapter 9 over the past few days.

Much more of a setup chapter story wise than I was expecting (though in retrospect, duh, obviously they needed to do a bunch of setup before just charging into catboy britain), but it worked pretty well imo. Seemed kinda like one of the early Lungmen chapters done right; similar story beats with the "investigation devolves into full blown shit show," much better pacing and writing. Still some annoying/clunky translation decisions, but at this point that's just how the game is.

9-21 epilogue cutscene thing was hella nice
    Talulah having to deal with a Neo Reunion that understandably hates her guts is a fun dynamic; I'm glad they found something interesting to do with this character besides just having her rot in prison or instantly making her playable.

Arknights loves teasing like 10 different competing factions lurking at the edges of the story; I'm interested in seeing how things come together once shit hits the fan in London.

As for the stages themselves, the hoverbike and gargoyle mobs were neat, and I liked the pillar gimmick well enough. Though I embarrassingly didn't realize you were supposed to use them to knock out the 9-19 boss's shield; instead I just kind of brute forced it with SA/Chalter/Suzuran/Skalter skill 3 with Nightingale s3 to tank. It's cool though, why think when you can just unga bunga your way to victory?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I still haven't done chapter 9. I've just been too busy with other crap. One of these days :P I'm also missing challenge modes for like the majority of chapter 8 and maybe even some of 7.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Pretty late on doing the new Annihilation (I put these off so hard lmao) but A10 was really not that bad at all? I could've just slapped down the super busted Operators like Chen Alter or whatever but I wanted to have a lil fun with it instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCpH8PqINgQ
    MULBERRY'S TIME TO SHINE j/k it was Godssenger and W that did the heavy lifting with Weedy and La Pluma holding down the fort. Mulberry was more or less just there to prevent Corruption accumulation. I did actually get to toss Lancet down in a meaningful way though, Skalter actually needed a pocket healer thinking emoji

I was trying VERY hard to knock That One Middle channeler away and Water Cannon lacked just the right range for it, smh (it didn't matter or anything, I just didn't like losing that tug-of-war D:)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    CC7 is here, and fuck me I hate the Who is Real enemies

Think I've figured out a strat that works, just need to get the timing down.

Edit:
    Screenshot_20220609-140719_Arknights.jpg

There we go, also lmao I didn't even realize I was at risk 20, I just kinda took every tag available.

Could easily be cleaner and with fewer ops. Silverash was only there for the passive so I didn't have to tryhard my retreat timing as much, and the fast redeploys + nearl were emergency "oh shit" buttons in case I fucked up and needed to kill a runaway ink bomb.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I fucking hate the Who Is Real mechanics and enemies, Envy and Free can fuck right off but WE DID IT GANG
    mYLTpfH.png
    I was trying my own strat at first, and damn did I get really fucking close but I just couldn't so I looked up a video. I was on the right path overall! Just that I was missing just a fewww key tweaks and changes.

As a bonus I started tackling some of the Challenge Missions and HOO BOY THIS ONE WAS SPICY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEqJl1_jbfI
    I had fun with this one though and MAYBE WENT A BIT OVERKILL LMAO

Five Vanguards because Fuck You

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I really liked this first daily map, just cause it gave me an excuse to bust out Eunectes.

What's that, anti guard/sniper risk, and we need someone to kill a boss with super high arts res? Gundam snake goes brrrrrrrr

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Finally pulled Elysium and added him to the backlog of Operators to build.

• Options
    Ugg I need to get on the CC main map. I don't know when the trim deadline is but I don't wanna miss it. CC is just such a hassle tho :P I hate that I'm gonna have to play this map like 10 times just to unlock the shit I need to do the 18 run.

• Options
    Thankfully it's Dusk mechancis so it's easy and more of a puzzle than a stat check. A Saria can just tank the boss forever for free while healing your party as long as she's on Black for phase 1 and on White for phase 2.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ugg I need to get on the CC main map. I don't know when the trim deadline is but I don't wanna miss it. CC is just such a hassle tho :P I hate that I'm gonna have to play this map like 10 times just to unlock the shit I need to do the 18 run.

i unlocked everything i needed to do 18 risk in 2 runs, which also is good as a general warmup for figuring out your strategy for the 18 risk