As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

1585960616264»

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Boy I hate sitting through fifteen minutes of an annihilation mission for the one push at the end I'm trying to solve.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/5wtETDqPpa4?si=1fUzPiUlo4eOjKsv
    4 years of Arknights. Usually there's some nice prizes in it for us when they do the anniversary stream.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I've been using Whisperain as my default medic lately. Partly just because I have no 6 star healers and she's one of the two five stars I have. But she's a therapist so she's easy to use, and she's got that powered up state and trait that make up for the worse base numbers that being a therapist gets her. And that powered up state is pretty easy to reach, as long as I'm not really delaying in getting her out she's basically always in it by the time waves have escalated to the point where you'd need it.
    Has me wondering, what are some other medics that fit in that sort of probably not optimal, but don't make you think too hard niche?

I am a big fan of Honeyberry, I always used her S1, and the wandering medics have lower cost than the Therapist branch. Once you get him Lumen (also a Therapist) is quite good.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/Wj__0TsVJyc?si=yYiNfkImhG94nL0S
    Vtuber fan animator does an Arknight

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Well I managed to get both 6*'s, though it took 3 Swire and a random Thorns before Eyja showed up

Actually no idea what these ops do, but Swire and Eyja are both cool so sure, fuck it, let's build them

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Swire is a merchant (uses DP to consistently attack) and Eyja is the six star variant of the "Wandering Medic" like Honeyberry.

• Options
    edited January 16
    yeah I'm looking at their kits now

Swire looks kinda techy, probably isn't good, but seems fun to fuck around with?

And Eyja seems to be about as busted as a wandering medic can possibly be? Numbers seem stupid good and all 3 skills look relevant

Edit: Honestly the most important part of this event/banner is the Goldenglow skin; that's gonna stay on the homescreen for a while

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited January 16
    eyja is imo the most broken healer in the game by quite a long ways. but it's a dps focused game at the end of the day so she's probably at the top of nice and is great for people with established collections to have but a bit below the highest end of unit like texalter, mylnar, or chalter.

edit: got eyja alter in 60, was the first 6*. we take those.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I got new Eyja in first free tenpull, so that should be enough for any healer needs I may have for a long time I guess.

(I did not even reach E2 with any operator yet)

Next two tenpulls gave me absolutely nothing though, not even any 5 stars.

• Options
    Got Eyja after 76 pulls. Two false starts getting spooked by Gnosis (Potential) and then Stainless (new to me). Swire, I don't really care, maybe she'll show up in the free pulls.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Got everyone in just a few ten pulls, so yay :3 Is Eyja really that good? I'll have to build her up in that case.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    She's just stupidly efficient, numbers wise.

Higher attack and bigger range than AOE medics, plus her first talent gives a regen effect, making her normal healing good enough to sustain through most things in the game. Plus she also handles elemental damage, and all of her skills have good use cases (skill 1 for AFK healing, 2 for burst group healing and a huge elemental damage shield, 3 for global sustain shenanigans that lasts for 50 seconds even at SL7).

Like yeah, sustain isn't the highest priority in this game, but Eyja Alter is by far the best sustain unit in the game if that's what you need.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    So how far above curve is the above curve stuff in this game, anyhow? I've been assuming that with the way a game like this wants to make a bunch of different characters with a bunch of different abilities, every once in a while they'll accidentally make one that's like twice as good as the second best character in the role. But I dunno maybe it's like, the absolute best DPS is still just like 15% better than the median.

• Options
    Single rolls on limited event banner (hoping to get Swire, Gavial or Ch'en) gave me today Saileach, which apparently was confused about what banner should she be present on.

To conclude, 55 rolls on event banner gave me 2x 6* and 2x 5*, which seems to be a good point to stop rolling for now, as my limited pity counter is reseted now anyway.

• Options
    Is it ever said what sort of doctor the player character is? I'd assumed medical doctor on account of the pharmaceutical company thing, nominal as it is. But if that was the case, then with the amnesia thing I would've expected someone to lament you not having your medical knowledge which Rhodes was counting on or somesuch.

• Options
    Is it ever said what sort of doctor the player character is? I'd assumed medical doctor on account of the pharmaceutical company thing, nominal as it is. But if that was the case, then with the amnesia thing I would've expected someone to lament you not having your medical knowledge which Rhodes was counting on or somesuch.

Medical Doctor (treating and researching Oripathy) with a minor in Sun Tzu, for some reason. It seems like the writers have forgotten the plot aspect of "curing or mitigating the disease ravaging the planet" in favor of "fighting off 20 different magical God threats" or "flying off into space to start a new game in a trendier genre" which is... meh.

• Options
    I'm not fully sold on the story implications of Endfield, but the "xenoblade chronicles + factorio" gameplay loop does look kinda fun

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    So when I've been needing to farm some mat, I've just been going for the highest level mission with it as a drop and assuming that's the best source for it. (unless it's like, a low tier mat and a late-ish mission has that mat and a mid-tier mat as drops) Is that a generally safe assumption?

• Options
    edited February 13
    So when I've been needing to farm some mat, I've just been going for the highest level mission with it as a drop and assuming that's the best source for it. (unless it's like, a low tier mat and a late-ish mission has that mat and a mid-tier mat as drops) Is that a generally safe assumption?

https://www.reddit.com/r/arknights/s/zG7lt44rmM
    Naw, use this. Edit: newer.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/arknights/s/zG7lt44rmM
    Naw, use this. Edit: newer.

Ooo thanks, this will be useful. I usually try to stockpile a bunch during events since those tend to be the best drop rates, but this will help if I need something otherwise.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I threw Chiave in as the 5 star store slot in kernel headhunting not knowing what he did, not having any particular preferences among the available 5 stars. But dang that ability of his actually sounds pretty fun, the faster redeploy on bot operators and self-buffs based on however many bots are out. Seems like it would be a lot of fun just spamming THRM-EX.

• Options
    edited February 20
    Arknights is being very generous to me, and I do not know how to deal with that fact, considering that it is still a gacha game.

Last week I spent approximately 85 pulls on Joint Operation banner and got Pozemka first, then Mlynar at the end, which was literally the best case scenario that I could get. I needed to farm a lot using sanity boosters, but now Mlynar is finally E2, so he can use his third skill.

Then I set up Kernel Locating for Skadi (because she seems to be important character lore wise) and Bagpipe (because she cute and hella strong). I got Headhunting Permit from daily bonus, so what the hell, I throw it in immediately.

Instant Skadi, from a single pull.

I am almost F2P (I bought monthly pass for 5$), but after 7 weeks of playing I already acquired ten 6* operators, among which are Mlynar, Pozemka, Surtr, Eyja Caster and Eyja Hvit Aska - it really feels like my squad is very strong at this point and I just need more time to properly level them all up.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Arknights is being very generous to me, and I do not know how to deal with that fact, considering that it is still a gacha game.

Honestly I feel like it's been a weirdly generous game for awhile now. Maybe it's because I only pull on banners with new Operators but I feel like I always have a ton of resources saved up between free pulls and oriwhatevers. Generally speaking the only money I spend on this game anymore is the monthly $5 thingy or if they have any special packs that are particularly good value or unique (like anniversary packs tend to have good value). Every once in a blue moon I might spend some money to get stuff to buy the more expensive costumes but I've largely stopped trying to collect all of them so I only go for the ones I really like these days.

But yeah, once again didn't have too much trouble pulling the new operators on this newest banner. Maybe like 40 pulls? Also I'm think this is a new thing but I noticed it let me do a free 10-pull using 10 single free summon tickets. It didn't used to do that, right? You had to do the 10 pulls individually? Maybe I just never noticed in the past (it's not *super* often that I have that many single tickets saved up but it's not super uncommon either) but I feel like that's a recent QoL update.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    took me somewhere in the 40-50 range for typhon as well. i’ve been pretty lucky for a bit tbh, even for arknights which is fairly generous

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The using 10 single tickets to do a multi isn't new but it's not really old either... probably back half of 2023 somewhere?

• Options
    Managed to pull Typhon and Jessica Alter by forgoing the return chance on Dorothy. Hopefully I'll get lucky with her off banner or something later. JAlt doesn't seem super meta, but she's a usable version of a character I've always liked, so that's nice.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/vnpAVmsg-J0?si=grS93-2IZMoivGZj
    New story chapter today, wheels is on the case.