As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is Rachel S'Jet. Carrier Kapisi is now online. Let's go find our [Homeworld]

1333435363739»

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I never noticed an issue with fighters, so it was probably patched. But I never did multiplayer.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't want to throw hot takes but I think Homeworld is great and I would like more of it.

Deserts of Kharak I enjoyed immensely so I have faith in BBI.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I think they fixed fighters in the same massive update they did to fix formations.

Pretty excited if it's Homeworld 3. Hopefully it has even better mod support, since homeworld mods are awesome.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Jeep-EepJeep-Eep Registered User regular
    Please let it be Emergence Remastered!

I would rather be accused of intransigence than tolerating genocide for the sake of everyone getting along. - @Metzger Meister
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I've been waiting for the Homeworld series to continue for so long I am fully expecting Randy Pitchford to step on stage and say it's a permanent exclusive to the EGS just to spite me.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    How many more hours do I need to wait?

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    How many more hours do I need to wait?

About 4.25ish?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    They've delayed their announcement by x+5 more minutes (they said they might do it again) to "allow more people into the theater"

EDIT - and they keep adding 5 minutes to their countdown...

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Boy I hope they show Homeworld first so I don't have to listen to Randy Pitchford any more than I absolutely need to.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Boy I hope they show Homeworld first so I don't have to listen to Randy Pitchford any more than I absolutely need to.

From the sounds of things, they're gonna milk this for as long as they can.

EDIT - ...wait...

wait, wait.

They splashed up a screen that showed the studios that publish through them... When did the Subnautica crew join up with Gearbox Publishing?

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    HOMEWORLD MOTHERFUCKING 3 YEAHHHHHHHHH

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      It's going to be on Fig....

LxX6eco.jpg
    • Options
      Homeworld 3 and Homeworld Mobile. I'm super excited for one of those, and intrigued by the other.

Also, it seems Fig might be having traffic congestion to their site. Gee, I wonder how anybody could have anticipated that one.

• Options
      Give me the Homeworld!

• Options
      HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
      Being crowdfunded, still in early preproduction, 50 bucks (discount!) if you back right now, q4 2022 if there are no delays.

:/

steam_sig.png
      kHDRsTc.png
    • Options
      Q4 2022 (realistically 2023) is so fucking far awaaaaaaaaaay :(:(:(

LxX6eco.jpg
    • Options
      Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
      Lol crowdfunded and an approx never release date. No thanks I don’t need to give money to randy pichfords slush fund.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    • Options
      KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
      The crowdfunding page seems to have a pretty big mistake, the goal is $1 and it's already 100% funded.

• Options
      ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
      Erlkönig wrote: »

EDIT - ...wait...

wait, wait.

They splashed up a screen that showed the studios that publish through them... When did the Subnautica crew join up with Gearbox Publishing?

Gearbox published the retail versions.

• Options
      The crowdfunding page seems to have a pretty big mistake, the goal is $1 and it's already 100% funded.

It's actually not a mistake:

n994yos0ljst.jpg

• Options
      FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
      So it's not so much a "hey we need to fund this" as a way for them to setup a pipeline/discord for super early access sort of stuff to backers?

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
    • Options
      There is still an option to invest. But how does the math work out on investments? Fig says that the shares will get 14% of sales plus more depending on how much the campaign raises. But how does that impact the funds Gearbox gives them? Will the publisher investment be the same no matter what or will they increase depending on the campaign or decrease depend on the campaign?

Depending on how that all works out, crowdfunding investors could end up taking up a lot of risk for a much smaller cut of the revenue.

If for example, Gearbox puts in $10 million and fig raises $5 million. Crowdfunders will be paying for 2/3rds of the budget while only getting 15% of the revenue.

• Options
      Zxerol wrote: »
      Erlkönig wrote: »

EDIT - ...wait...

wait, wait.

Gearbox published the retail versions.

Ah...right, I forget that there are physical retail versions of the game for console. Incidentally, I also forget that there are console versions of Subnautica.

• Options
      Without Arinn Dembo or Mecron on the writing team, and with Randy Pitchford attached to the affair.... fuck, I never thought a new Homeworld would leave me cold, but here I am. :(

I would rather be accused of intransigence than tolerating genocide for the sake of everyone getting along. - @Metzger Meister
    • Options
      -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
      edited August 2019
      Yeeeeaaahh.

As much as I’m keen for more Homeworld, I’m not backing a crowdfunded video game these days. Even specifying a platform doesn’t mean anything when Epic rolls around. Also crowdfunding a fully funded, financially stable development feels super icky.

-Loki- on
    • Options
      -Loki- wrote: »
      Yeeeeaaahh.

As much as I’m keen for more Homeworld, I’m not backing a crowdfunded video game these days. Even specifying a platform doesn’t mean anything when Epic rolls around. Also crowdfunding a fully funded, financially stable development feels super icky.

I can't give a damn about EGS, but crowdfunding something already funded is indeed a bad look.

Also, and this cannot be overstated: Pitchford.

• Options
      HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
      Yeeeeaaahh.

First of all by all means you do you.

But it's a little confounding to me because it's a dollar. Like, literally the price of a couple of gumballs these days.

I mean I wholly get not buying into a kickstarters/figs for hundreds of dollars when we have no idea if they're going to go "lawl, sorry, Epic store exclusive now so get fucked" but that doesn't really seem to be a factor here.

• Options
      Yeeeeaaahh.

First of all by all means you do you.

But it's a little confounding to me because it's a dollar. Like, literally the price of a couple of gumballs these days.

I mean I wholly get not buying into a kickstarters/figs for hundreds of dollars when we have no idea if they're going to go "lawl, sorry, Epic store exclusive now so get fucked" but that doesn't really seem to be a factor here.

No no...

The "crowdfunding" goal was $1. The minimum to pledge is $50.

In other words, they're using a crowdfunding platform on an already-funded project for what could best be called enhanced preorders.

• Options
      It’s weird and I can’t recall seeing it before. But on the other hand - everyone vocally want rts games but nobody buys them. Padding out the budget with a campaign like this might not be an illogical thing to do.

• Options
      It's a way for Gearbox to offload some financial risks onto the fans and potentially earn more profit.

The projected break even point for investors is 560,317 units at $60 per unit, based on the assumption of $5 million raised. 560K units sold would equal to $33.6 million. How much would Gearbox get from that? How much would Gearbox have to invest for that to also be their break even point?

• Options
      Thread! Arise!

https://youtu.be/zMzDeMdGnew

Homeworld will be out first half 2023

LxX6eco.jpg
    • Options
      edited August 2022
      I feel like that's the gameplay they wanted to show earlier this year when they announced the delay, because what they showed was essenitally in development testing of the terrain system on developer test maps.

Still, can't fucking wait. My playthrough of DoK and the Remastered collection was derailed by me buying an ultrawide monitor, and I just felt I should play these on that because they will look amazing. Just waiting for it to arrive.

-Loki- on
    • Options
      mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
      Damn, sick! I loved Homeworl Deserts of Kharak but its replayability factor was pretty limited. Hope HW 3 improves that!

hk52krrtzsf6.gif