As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Lisa Loab

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Lisa Loab!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Lisa Loab

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    It's all fun and games until ĺ̤̰̰̈́́ỏ̠̦̍̀ͅo͚̭̬̎ͮ̇k̹͓̲͆͑̄ ̠̺͔̔̀̚a̳͙̟ͬ̿̇ṯ̫̤͐͌̒ ̦ͧ̔̑ͅͅy̦̫̲̋̊̀o͚̝͉ͨ̄ͩu̟͇͎̽̃̚ ̲͈͌̋̃ͅw̤͚̯̽̀̂r͍̺̼̃ͣ͂ĭ̩̻̣́̚t͕̼̪̏̌͒e̜͔̹̓̄͂r͈̠͕ͥ̃̚,̩̣͈̉ͣ̊ ͕͎̠̎̉͂à̘͎̣ͬ̆ ̟̥̜̆̊ͫp͍͚̮̌͊̓ḁ̭̖̿̈̎t͔̳̫͆̾̃h͙̜̘̃ͪ̃ë̞̝̱̌̈t̲̬̙́̆̊i̭̬̪̿̔͋c̭͙̣͂ͪ̓ ̝͈̼̂ͬͭć̲̱̮͊ͩr͓̖̙ͣ̈́ͧe̪̻͇͗͆͋a̭̞̭ͬ͂̿t̰̩͙ͩ̃͊u͚͍̫̿ͧ̊r̩̤̰͋̌ͪe̻̥̗̎̇ͣ ͔̜̭ͬ̾̄o͖͔̼̿̌̈́f͇̭̘ͫ̇̆ ͇͉͙ͬ̄͆m̼̳̩̈́ͧ͆e̝͎͍̓ͫ͂â̟̬̬̓̋t͍̼̉̈́̑ͅ ͈̦̼ͥ̈́̇ạ̦̩͗̂̐n̤̱̙̒̽̂d̤̫̻̿̇ͪ ͔͚̗̆̌̅b͇̖͔͆ͮ̚o͓̠͙͛̉̚n̮̘̑ͦ̌ͅe̼͙̟̾̉̃.͇̥̞ͦ̇͑

• Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    I tried "penny arcade webcomic" in Dall E Mini and got
    3Puyyku.png

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Showsni wrote: »
    3Puyyku.png

Stable Diffusion is the one you have to use to effectively rip off artists, from what I understand.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Showsni wrote: »

All I got was
    3xfd0ukjaqbb.png

• Options
    Armored ChocoboArmored Chocobo Registered User regular
    I think it might be from a lot of people are asking the AI for "Loab" and it's now associated this woman with just requesting an AI-generated picture in general.

Garbage in, garbage out.

• Options
    Oh. I had thought this was a PA joke, but apparently it's a reference to a real thing.

https://www.cnet.com/science/what-is-loab-the-haunting-ai-art-woman-explained/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loab

• Options
    Emperor MegamanEmperor Megaman Registered User regular
    @dennis
    I think I see Gabe in there, fused with a cosmic horror, a extradimentional lord, the DogMan, and a failed genetic experiment.

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I'm pretty sure there is more than one webcomic whose humor stems from random, bizarre scenery intermixed with philosophical dialogue that goes nowhere.

Johnny17 on
  • Options
    @dennis
    I think I see Gabe in there, fused with a cosmic horror, a extradimentional lord, the DogMan, and a failed genetic experiment.

It's from https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/07/13/the-contiguous-ultrahound

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Tycho wrote:
    Gabe has been more careful than anyone I know, he's still retained many talismanic practices I have softened on, at least in my own neighborhood - but one of the ways your world is trash is that kids at school will bully you if you wear a mask until you take it off and get COVID. And then your dad takes care of you, and he gets it. At home! At fucking home. In the end, he got it at home. When I talked with him before it really took hold, he suggested the call had come from inside the house.

:(

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Somehow I'd missed the Kris had signed this (and therefore drawn it) until reading the post. He really did a bangup job at mimicking Mike's style (or within Mike's experimenting sphere). Which makes sense, given that it had to have an actual PA strip panel in the middle and doing it in a different style would just have a lot of people confused.

Also, even before Jerry basically wrote it, I thought, "oh, Kris was involved, no wonder this haunted AI Art cryptid was the topic."

Tycho's intention to replace Gabe with an AI (and the strip of two days ago) are even funnier given that he brought in a ringer (we shan't use the hateful nickname) to replace sick Mike.

dennis on
  • Options
    jberryjberry longtime reader firsttime poster Fort Smith Ark USARegistered User regular
    to scarey