Options

[Trump Criminal Exposure] 2 Many Crimes, 2 Many Coverups.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    His jury nullification will be his gigantic horde of online doxxers harassing people including jurors, his irl brown shirts threatening the proceedings, his team of lawyers looking to buy off key jurors or the judge, and his political arm whipping it all into a frothy mess

I think either Trump needs to be ended politically to have a shot at a real trial, or the DoJ accepts it won’t be a real trial but it helps end him politically anyway

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Declassification just by thinking it. He literally said that

• Options
    It only ends him politically if people who support him give a fuck. they don't

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Stranger things have happened, but I would hope a defense of “I didn’t know it was wrong” wouldn’t hold up in light of the fact that the archives told Trump he had documents he wasn’t allowed to have, and then he still didnt give them back.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Is it like "the game"?

Can you go to a president and go "presidentdeclassifiesnuclearsecretssayswhat?"

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Stranger things have happened, but I would hope a defense of “I didn’t know it was wrong” wouldn’t hold up in light of the fact that the archives told Trump he had documents he wasn’t allowed to have, and then he still didnt give them back.

I would hope the "I Didn't Know It Was a Crime" defense does not work for the most powerful job in the entire goddamn United States.

Like, this is making my brain hurt. All of this is.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I'm still kind of stuck on two things he said:
    1) that he could declassify anything by just thinking/saying it. This is like when Michael Scott declared bankruptcy by screaming it. Mind numbingly dumb. The fact that no one told him that this isn't how it works means that they are all in on the idea of him stealing documents and either hoarding them as trophies or selling them off. fuck them all.
    2) that he said the FBI raided his home, where he lives, to get Clinton's emails, that he wanted the FBI to have in the first place, because it was evidence of a crime he thought she committed. His entire crusade against Clinton and her emails was so she could go to jail.

headexplodefromscanners.gif

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Also the tacit admission of tax fraud(Mar a Lago is not his home and legally cannot be since its a hotel)

• Options
    It’s not possible to make sense of it, because it’s just stream of consciousness rambling.

He will do and say absolutely anything if he thinks it will deflect blame away from him.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm still kind of stuck on two things he said:
    1) that he could declassify anything by just thinking/saying it. This is like when Michael Scott declared bankruptcy by screaming it. Mind numbingly dumb. The fact that no one told him that this isn't how it works means that they are all in on the idea of him stealing documents and either hoarding them as trophies or selling them off. fuck them all.
    2) that he said the FBI raided his home, where he lives, to get Clinton's emails, that he wanted the FBI to have in the first place, because it was evidence of a crime he thought she committed. His entire crusade against Clinton and her emails was so she could go to jail.

headexplodefromscanners.gif

I think it was pretty clear he was absolutely told by many people that was not how it worked, but he didn't care and didn't listen

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    He said he can declassify something by sending it out

That's kind of like saying you can't steal something because it immediately becomes your property

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    He said he can declassify something by sending it out

That's kind of like saying you can't steal something because it immediately becomes your property

"Possession is nine-tenths of the law, right?"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    His jury nullification will be his gigantic horde of online doxxers harassing people including jurors, his irl brown shirts threatening the proceedings, his team of lawyers looking to buy off key jurors or the judge, and his political arm whipping it all into a frothy mess

I think either Trump needs to be ended politically to have a shot at a real trial, or the DoJ accepts it won’t be a real trial but it helps end him politically anyway
    It's a tough trial, even without that. They should treat this in the way they treat a mob trial, by having limited people in the gallery so hopefully witness targeting won't be as big of an issue, but it's possible, and Trump supporters will be trying to get on the jury. Everything possible, including lying. Sane people will be doing everything they can not to be on that jury. I know I wouldn't want to touch that case.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    zepherin wrote: »

It's a tough trial, even without that. They should treat this in the way they treat a mob trial, by having limited people in the gallery so hopefully witness targeting won't be as big of an issue, but it's possible, and Trump supporters will be trying to get on the jury. Everything possible, including lying. Sane people will be doing everything they can not to be on that jury. I know I wouldn't want to touch that case.

Right it’s simultaneously the highest profile and most dangerous mob trial but also a trial for the biggest armed-to-the-teeth cult leader in the country with the backing of all the money and propaganda

It’s unprecedented both in terms of participants and crimes as well as danger

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I mean, if he doesn't face meaningful consequences appropriate to the severity of his crimes, "it" does work that way. This absolute fool controls like a third of the population.

Look at the all shit Musk and Tesla car company pulls, just flagrantly violating safety laws and stuff

If someone has no shame or compassion and a fuckload of money or power, they can do whatever they want.

The breadth and number of trumps crimes, and the thorough nature of the DOJ, FBI etc mean the "wheels of justice" cannot keep up. Hell either be president again, and everything will pause, or we'll get a dog and pony show of an impeachment trial with no results for a third time, or hopefully he'll die of natural causes

And Desantis and Abbott will decide they have morals or something, and will not pull the exact same shit

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    "NARA is a radical left group." - Donald Jackass Trump

God this is the stupidest fucking train please let me off.

I mean at this point, by their standards they are. An institution designed to preserve and facilitate knowledge is extremely left wing these days.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    It still makes me shudder that obviously unstable, unhinged, unwell man was ever in charge of the Republic. He's a senile old racist wracked with paranoia and a soft, smooth, degenerative brain that's becoming both softer and smoother by the minute.

The fact he may very well be in charge again I'm actually kind of calm about.

Like, oh yeah it would very obviously be The End but there's some peace in knowing it definitively.

The oooonnnnly other ooooooption was a Cllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiintooooooooon! OOOOOOOHHHHH WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH.

Sorry if that scared you Juggernut but you know, Halloween season is approaching and it gets me in the ghost story mood.

But her emails!

That were at Mar-a-lago!

I guess!?

Even Hannity balked when he said that. For all the shit that gets flung at Biden having dementia, he's not the one that sounds like Ultimate Warrior cutting an incoherent promo while poor Gene Okerlund desperately tries to keep him on track.

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm still not convinced he isn't hoovering enough shneef to kill a rhinoceros off one of those infomercial commemorative Trump plates before some of these interviews.

Dude is borked out of his mind on something. Whether that's like, Adderall or an eightball cocktail of paranoia and xenophobia melting his frontal lobe I dunno.

I'm not a doctor.

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    I'm still not convinced he isn't hoovering enough shneef to kill a rhinoceros off one of those infomercial commemorative Trump plates before some of these interviews.

Dude is borked out of his mind on something. Whether that's like, Adderall or an eightball cocktail of paranoia and xenophobia melting his frontal lobe I dunno.

I'm not a doctor.

Don't discount the normal ravages of age, let alone any kind of dementia that's been building.

That whole leaning posture, stumbling down inclines and stairs wasn't only the lifts in his shoes. His short attention span, the sudden, angry outbursts, the slurring word-salads are part of a constellation of age related mental declines.

Any kind of stimulant like Adderall or shneef is going to amplify and exaggerate all of those symptoms.

I'm somewhat upset that the media doesn't go into the medical side of things.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

A derivative of Dershowitz's "If the President believes it's in the country's best interest that he remains president than whatever he does is fair game" in the first impeachment trial.

A reminder, last major news story's related to Dersh were about how he has almost no friends anymore and the few friends he does have told him they won't invite him to their parties because if he were to show up everyone else would leave.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I'm not a doctor.

Don't discount the normal ravages of age, let alone any kind of dementia that's been building.

That whole leaning posture, stumbling down inclines and stairs wasn't only the lifts in his shoes. His short attention span, the sudden, angry outbursts, the slurring word-salads are part of a constellation of age related mental declines.

Any kind of stimulant like Adderall or shneef is going to amplify and exaggerate all of those symptoms.

Double standard. While conservatives love to gleefully make up medical claims against every presidential candidate democrats put up. They are aghast, when the reverse happens.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Biden's dementia is just people being assholes to an older person who's always how shall we say, been inartful in how he speaks sometimes? Where as Trump literally feels like he has multiple indications of reduced capacity.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Odin wrote: »

*Holds envelope to head*

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

*Rips open envelope, reads*

"What was Donald Trump thinking about when Mar-a-Lago was raided?"

• Options
    LowHitPointsLowHitPoints Sword of the Afternoon MichiganRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I'm not a doctor.

Double standard. While conservatives love to gleefully make up medical claims against every presidential candidate democrats put up. They are aghast, when the reverse happens.

"Don't you think she he looks tired?" from Doctor Who would be great right about now.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Tweeter is Andrew Wortman, a rando I think?

Tweet contents:
    BREAKING: Judge Cannon responds to 11th Circuit Court by simply amending her order to bring it into compliance with their ruling. All investigations can now proceed without any further delays or impediments. Thank you, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals!
    Aileen Cannon’s response is one page long that basically says, “My bad.” This woman still needs to be removed from the bench and investigated. But this is a great outcome for everyone but Trump.

Looks like the Special Master is gone and all investigations continue. Imagine that.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited September 2022

Oh they do. If your last name is Biden anyway.

Everyone forgets about the time Iran retaliated against the US in the middle of the night and Trump was in such bad shape (clearly cooked to the gills on something), they couldn't get him on camera to address the nation that night. If that had been anyone but Trump, it would have been a massive, multi- month scandal.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Tweeter is Andrew Wortman, a rando I think?

Tweet contents:
    BREAKING: Judge Cannon responds to 11th Circuit Court by simply amending her order to bring it into compliance with their ruling. All investigations can now proceed without any further delays or impediments. Thank you, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals!
    Aileen Cannon’s response is one page long that basically says, “My bad.” This woman still needs to be removed from the bench and investigated. But this is a great outcome for everyone but Trump.

Looks like the Special Master is gone and all investigations continue. Imagine that.

That's in fucking sane. She made a completely bat shit ruling, had people above her go "The fuck?" And now she corrects her bullshit like it didn't happen? In a just world we'd only just begun would play and today the FBI would be doing a little knocky knock at her god damn door.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    So either Cannon is beyond embarassed and finally fixing her shit, or she's like "well, I delayed it as much as I could, order amended, good luck Trump."

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Lol lmao
    There's a new order from Judge Cannon implementing the 11th Circuit's order.

The ~100 documents bearing classified markings have been removed from the Special Master's review process, allowing DOJ to resume using them in its criminal investigation.

Will Trump appeal to SCOTUS?

Lololol get fuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkeddddd!!!!

Tweeter is with WSJ

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    So either Cannon is beyond embarassed and finally fixing her shit, or she's like "well, I delayed it as much as I could, order amended, good luck Trump."

Its two. She delayed, got her bluff called, and now she's stepping back to preserve deniability and that's why I say she definitely needs the communications proctological exam. Dirty shit happened here and just because she corrected it, doesn't mean we should let it stand.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Preacher wrote: »

Its two. She delayed, got her bluff called, and now she's stepping back to preserve deniability and that's why I say she definitely needs the communications proctological exam. Dirty shit happened here and just because she corrected it, doesn't mean we should let it stand.

As someone rightly said in that Twitter thread

Let's get this Cannon fired.

Her stupid shit is on court record, there's no takesie-backsies on this.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Also remember that Cannon is a person with barely any legal experience and no trial experience and even before her batshit ruling people were pointing out she had no business in her role

She just doesn’t know what she’s doing on top of the political hackery

• Options
    Also remember that Cannon is a person with barely any legal experience and no trial experience and even before her batshit ruling people were pointing out she had no business in her role

She just doesn’t know what she’s doing on top of the political hackery

I had seen comments on social media from people supposedly working in the same judicial thing (district?) that Cannon is in, and before any of this even happened they were talking about how her rulings and orders were absolutely bugfuck insane, twisting or sometimes flat-out ignoring law, or just unsustainable and usually shot down by the 11th.

It is very likely that the judges in the Appellate Court were, let's say, familiar with her brand of cockamamie trashgarbage.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That's wild

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Biden's dementia is just people being assholes to an older person who's always how shall we say, been inartful in how he speaks sometimes? Where as Trump literally feels like he has multiple indications of reduced capacity.

Also fighting a stutter.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

As someone rightly said in that Twitter thread

Let's get this Cannon fired.

Her stupid shit is on court record, there's no takesie-backsies on this.

I'm really curious whether, if Trump actually ends up charged, tried, and convicted, whether then people in a position to do anything about it will start talking about the fact that our courts are full of judges with lifetime appointments signed by a felon.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So I can’t remember exactly how this works, does the fact that Cannon amended her order mean that this is now moot and unappealable, or is there still some way this could be kicked up to the supreme court?

• Options
    edited September 2022
    So I can’t remember exactly how this works, does the fact that Cannon amended her order mean that this is now moot and unappealable, or is there still some way this could be kicked up to the supreme court?

Popehat believes that the way she amended it would mean that appealing up to SCOTUS wouldn’t matter.
    Judge Cannon has, sua sponte, modified her clownshoes Order to take out the parts the 11th Circuit stayed. In my view this should eliminate the chance of relief from the Supreme Court, since the stay is effectively moot since she’s eliminated the stayed part from her order.

Popehat is an internet lawyer and hat.

Marathon on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Edit: See above, Marathon is quicker than me!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
This discussion has been closed.