As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trump Criminal Exposure] 2 Many Crimes, 2 Many Coverups.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Quickest thumbs in the west

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    So either Cannon is beyond embarassed and finally fixing her shit, or she's like "well, I delayed it as much as I could, order amended, good luck Trump."

Its two. She delayed, got her bluff called, and now she's stepping back to preserve deniability and that's why I say she definitely needs the communications proctological exam. Dirty shit happened here and just because she corrected it, doesn't mean we should let it stand.
    Shitty judges being shitty judges is not probable cause. Now. I’m willing to bet they are using the classified docs as probable cause to toss Donald Trumps phones. And we’ll see if he called the judge or if any of his associates did. Because there is more than one way to skin a cat.

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    So I can’t remember exactly how this works, does the fact that Cannon amended her order mean that this is now moot and unappealable, or is there still some way this could be kicked up to the supreme court?

Popehat believes that the way she amended it would mean that appealing up to SCOTUS wouldn’t matter.
    Judge Cannon has, sua sponte, modified her clownshoes Order to take out the parts the 11th Circuit stayed. In my view this should eliminate the chance of relief from the Supreme Court, since the stay is effectively moot since she’s eliminated the stayed part from her order.

Popehat is an internet lawyer and hat.

I would love it if she accidentally screwed Trump through her own incompetence

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Biden's dementia is just people being assholes to an older person who's always how shall we say, been inartful in how he speaks sometimes? Where as Trump literally feels like he has multiple indications of reduced capacity.

"Biden has dementia" is people on the right and left joining together in a perfect example of horseshoe theory.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    So either Cannon is beyond embarassed and finally fixing her shit, or she's like "well, I delayed it as much as I could, order amended, good luck Trump."

Its two. She delayed, got her bluff called, and now she's stepping back to preserve deniability and that's why I say she definitely needs the communications proctological exam. Dirty shit happened here and just because she corrected it, doesn't mean we should let it stand.

As someone rightly said in that Twitter thread

Let's get this Cannon fired.

Her stupid shit is on court record, there's no takesie-backsies on this.

I'm really curious whether, if Trump actually ends up charged, tried, and convicted, whether then people in a position to do anything about it will start talking about the fact that our courts are full of judges with lifetime appointments signed by a felon.

Arrested Development Narrator: They did not.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »
    So I can’t remember exactly how this works, does the fact that Cannon amended her order mean that this is now moot and unappealable, or is there still some way this could be kicked up to the supreme court?

Popehat believes that the way she amended it would mean that appealing up to SCOTUS wouldn’t matter.
    Judge Cannon has, sua sponte, modified her clownshoes Order to take out the parts the 11th Circuit stayed. In my view this should eliminate the chance of relief from the Supreme Court, since the stay is effectively moot since she’s eliminated the stayed part from her order.

Popehat is an internet lawyer and hat.

I would love it if she accidentally screwed Trump through her own incompetence

With her changing her ruling so there's nothing for the stay to apply to it very much seems like she did.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    There's a not insignificant amount of schoodenfroody I'm deriving from seeing a Trump appointee screw him over because they're a dipshit and we're explicitly picked because they were dipshits.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

As someone rightly said in that Twitter thread

Let's get this Cannon fired.

Her stupid shit is on court record, there's no takesie-backsies on this.

I'm really curious whether, if Trump actually ends up charged, tried, and convicted, whether then people in a position to do anything about it will start talking about the fact that our courts are full of judges with lifetime appointments signed by a felon.

You mean the GOP dipshits who will be howling to put everyone involved in Trump’s prosecution in jail, hell yes I expect to hear Jim Jordan and MTG etc braying about the unaccountable judges with lifetime appointments

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I hope it never comes to it, but if this ends with Obama saying he was constantly reclassifying all documents that trump had in HIS mind. And then there’s a Supreme Court case where they literally argue that, I will die laughing and crying

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I hope it never comes to it, but if this ends with Obama saying he was constantly reclassifying all documents that trump had in HIS mind. And then there’s a Supreme Court case where they literally argue that, I will die laughing and crying

Trump, sitting awkwardly in a chair, staring at a judge: "I'm declassifying documents right now!"

Obama, lounging next to him: "I'm reclassifying them in my head."

Eventually it's that scene from Scanners.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    You basically would create a legal precedent where president can steal any number of classified documents they like.

I do not see how this is sustainable

• Options
    You basically would create a legal precedent where president can steal any number of classified documents they like.

We just need to always be holding one Democratic president or former president in reserve, reclassifying every document over and over again with their minds.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    It's 2030, the Judicial is so fucked up there is only one way to stop former presidents from stealing everything and destroying the country: On the day of a new president's inauguration, any former presidents are executed at the other end of the national mall.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if this whole thing started because he just never planned on leaving the White House, so when Biden was getting inaugurated and the helicopter was waiting to take him away he was just throwing literally everything in the Oval Office into a suitcase in a manic frenzy

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

We just need to always be holding one Democratic president or former president in reserve, reclassifying every document over and over again with their minds.

This is why we need younger politicians, the oldest living former President would get the final say.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if this whole thing started because he just never planned on leaving the White House, so when Biden was getting inaugurated and the helicopter was waiting to take him away he was just throwing literally everything in the Oval Office into a suitcase in a manic frenzy

That might excuse why he took them. It says nothing about why he kept them.

• Options
    edited September 2022

This is why we need younger politicians, the oldest living former President would get the final say.

Nah screw that, preference goes to the earliest president. Get my Ouija, we gonna get George Washington on the line.

Who'd my opponent get? Grover Cleveland? Get that shit outta my courtroom

Chall on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

This does jibe with many of the reports I’ve read from WH aides stating Trump refused to do anything in terms of preparing for transition and instructed everyone in the executive to do the same, telling them, “We’re not leaving,”

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Atomika wrote: »

This does jibe with many of the reports I’ve read from WH aides stating Trump refused to do anything in terms of preparing for transition and instructed everyone in the executive to do the same, telling them, “We’re not leaving,”

It also jibes with Trump's life history of being a sore loser pissbaby

Chall on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Chall wrote: »

Nah screw that, preference goes to the earliest president. Get my Ouija, we gonna get George Washington on the line.

Who'd my opponent get? Grover Cleveland? Get that shit outta my courtroom

In their defense, they did Ouija up Cleveland on two non-consecutive occasions.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Right, I've read some insider reports that indicate the move out was fairly last-minute and slapdash.

Which shouldn't be surprising, because everything Trump does is slapdash.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Which would also explain the "why he didn't return them" part. Because if he truly believed he wasn't leaving he would truly believe that he was going back any day so it wouldn't matter if he returned them.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Which would also explain the "why he didn't return them" part. Because if he truly believed he wasn't leaving he would truly believe that he was going back any day so it wouldn't matter if he returned them.

I'm pretty sure the reason he took them and then kept them is because he has no conception of personal or civic responsibility or consequence. Those documents came across his desk, so those are his documents to do with whatever he wants. How many stories were there about how he had to be told, over and over again, that he couldn't just tear up documents and throw them away? They had to pay two guys just to fish papers out of his trash and tape them back together.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

TRUMP RULING BOOMERANGS ON MYPILLOW BOSS: A Trump-appointed federal judge just denied a TRO for Mike Lindell to get his phone back after it was seized by FBI at Hardee's. Judge cites....wait for it.....Trump docs ruling from 11th Circuit last night.

Josh Gerstein is the Senior Legal Affairs Reporter for POLITICO

• Options
    Wait. Is that for real? Pillowman's phone was actually seized by the FBI at Hardee's? I assumed that was all a coke-fueled fever dream / plea for attention.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Worst WH40K expansion yet

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular

And if the last surviving Democratic former president should die, we need to hook them up to life support so they can continue to reclassify documents in their mind. They’ll be a beacon for government to navigate by. We could call the life support a cool name, like a Golden Throne.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

This is how the Futurama Hall of Presidents’ Heads starts

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Wait. Is that for real? Pillowman's phone was actually seized by the FBI at Hardee's? I assumed that was all a coke-fueled fever dream / plea for attention.

I legit thought he was making up a story to cover his ass for talking to the feds. It made a lot of little things add up.

• Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular

I hadn't paid much attention to that, I thought it was satire when everyone was saying it was siezed in a Hardee's. We need better writers for this reality.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    If I had MyPillow guy money, I would probably just buy a new phone.

But I probably also wouldn't "do a coup" so I'd probably still have my first phone.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The story I read in the Daily Beast described the seizure thusly:
    1. Mike pulls into the drive through of a Hardeez and orders a mushroom and Swiss burger
    2. Window tells him to pull up further and wait for his food
    3. FBI surrounds his car and tells him to get out
    4. Mike screams something like "Show me your badges, ANTIFA scum!"
    5. FBI shows their credentials and a warrant for his phone
    6. Mike tries to talk to them about Jesus until their patience runs out and they take his phone and leave him
    7. Mike goes and buys a new phone, downloads all his shit from the iCloud, and then tells the world about the seizure.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Gilgaron wrote: »

I hadn't paid much attention to that, I thought it was satire when everyone was saying it was siezed in a Hardee's. We need better writers for this reality.

I have to assume the events did not play out the way he described them. Initially I thought it was satire, then I saw quotes from the guy himself ascribing the event to either a Hardee's or an Arby's, saying the FBI came up to him and said they had a secret warrant to arrest his phone and that he shouldn't tell anyone about it. I refuse to believe that actually happened as-described.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I assumed he had just lost it

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    1. Mike pulls into the drive through of a Hardeez and orders a mushroom and Swiss burger
    6. Mike tries to talk to them about Jesus until their patience runs out and they take his phone and leave him
    7. Mike goes and buys a new phone, downloads all his shit from the iCloud, and then tells the world about the seizure.

Need an update to that old stand by: "You backed up notes on a criminal conspiracy to the cloud?!?!"

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I thought the usual method for the Feds is to just make a copy of the phone then return the original within a couple days.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I thought the usual method for the Feds is to just make a copy of the phone then return the original within a couple days.

That is super optimistic. Popehat tweeted earlier they had a client who was still missing stuff seized in June/July.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

I'm sure the FBI had a nice laugh about being called Antifa

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

8. use some of your pillow money to hire dersh and convince him this is somehow a first amendment issue

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

Somebody please tell the parts here that are made up jokey bits I can't tell anymore

This discussion has been closed.