As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Duelyst] pretty much Hearthstone tactics

1373839404143»

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    What the funk. They go from excellent card game, to fair big budget looter-shooter and then back to another card game? Interesting trajectories. Not sure how this one is going to fare any better than the first honestly.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Duelyst 2 is by a different team, who have the license to use the original assets.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I remember following it a bit when it got announced.

If memory serves, this should basically be considered a reset back to basically like the core set, except with a massive balance pass put over the cards. Basically a Second Edition. Except as I understand it, it won't be following the old expansions, but will be all new content eventually.

I think one of the big changes was that you draw 2 cards at the end of the turn instead of 1?

Supposedly one of the other big things was that you were supposed to be able to get cards a *lot* easier f2p-wise. You will still be able to buy cards, but the main thing they're focusing on money-wise is cosmetics for said cards.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I remember following it a bit when it got announced.

If memory serves, this should basically be considered a reset back to basically like the core set, except with a massive balance pass put over the cards. Basically a Second Edition. Except as I understand it, it won't be following the old expansions, but will be all new content eventually.

I think one of the big changes was that you draw 2 cards at the end of the turn instead of 1?

Supposedly one of the other big things was that you were supposed to be able to get cards a *lot* easier f2p-wise. You will still be able to buy cards, but the main thing they're focusing on money-wise is cosmetics for said cards.

2 draws/turn was how it worked at (first) launch and for years after. Them switching to 1/turn was one of several going off the rails decisions the original devs made, along with the big monetization system change

The last part will be great too bc OG duelyst was as stingy with cards as HS was, compared to Shadowverse and Eternal that had different ways of flinging tons of cards at new players to help them get established.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i played a little bit! it's Duelyst, but again!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    holy shit?????????????????????????????

https://youtu.be/h3Cuz6d_7x0

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    That's pretty crazy.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I got distracted reading old reddit posts and noticed my flair on the Duelyst subreddit was "SHOOM SHOOM SHOOM" which made me crack up laughing, but I have no idea what it was refencing

any oldheads have any guesses? my association with that sound effect is like, spamming moonfires in HS/WoW/HotS

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg