Options

[NFL]Its a Giants world and we’re all living in it

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The Washington team will be sold likely within the next few weeks. Initial bids so far topped at $6.3bil, Snyder hopeful for a bid of $7bil to be reached, Bezos expected to make a bid soon after gauging everyone else's view of the market https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/08/dan-snyder-wants-7-billion-for-the-washington-commanders-jeff-bezos-amazon-nfl/

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Another owner rewarded for being a shithead.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular

I assume Wilson doesn't have much to do with this thing other than slapping his name on it, but shit sucks

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i saw that and didn't even bother to post it because "rich person charity basically a scam to enrich friends of rich person" is so common as to basically not be a story.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    this did make me go hmmmm but not in the way the article wanted:
    The salaries include more than six figures for an executive who also works personally for Ciara and Russell Wilson, which has nonprofit experts prodding.

and then
    ... during its first eight years of existence.

... including the salaries of three employees, who have received $1.9 million combined.

so three employees made $1.9 million over 8 years. 1.9 million divided by 8 divided by 3 = about $80k/year. That's a pretty normal income.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Unfortunately that’s going to be true of most charities. $0.25 on the dollar probably isn’t even that bad

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I hope Reddick rips Patrick's arm off and throws it into the stands.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I hope Reddick rips Patrick's arm off and throws it into the stands.

I loved him with the Panthers. I hope he gets like 8 sacks.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Unfortunately that’s going to be true of most charities. $0.25 on the dollar probably isn’t even that bad

25% is terrible, like beyond terrible. From Charity Navigators site:

43m7qyhjgcy5.png
    The Program Expense Ratio is determined by Program Expenses divided by Total Expense (average of most recent three 990s). This measure reflects the percent of its total expenses a charity spends on the programs and services it exists to deliver.

For example, some of the charities I donate to: VoteRiders is at 79.43% and World Central Kitchen is at 85.70%. VoteRiders specifically lists what your donation buys as well, which is nice. Is this super accurate, probably not. But they'd have to drop more than 50% to get where Wilson's charity is at.

This article does a better job listing some of the major offenses: https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-wilsons-why-not-you-foundation-reportedly-spent-more-on-employee-salaries-than-charitable-activities-185532088.html

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh it is terrible, no disagreement there

It’s just not all that out of the ordinary for athlete-connected charities to basically become a sinecure for people close to the athlete rather than what we would think of as how a traditional charitable organization should be run.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    As an aside, I really enjoy the relatively subdued nature of Super Bowl hype this week. It hasn't been too bad. I might even go so far as to call it appropriate. It's always such a pain and a let-down when it's non-stop SUPER BOWL IS GREAT COMMERCIALS ARE GREAT THIS IS THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THE YEAR for two weeks straight.

Everything else is garbage though.
    At one point, I went in for a job interview for the US Olympic team that turned out to just be going door to door asking for money. The 'charity' said to say, if asked, they took 7% off the top for admin fees, but one of the guys there told me they took 80%, if I recall correctly. It was a lot though.

I did not take that job.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I feel like there’s less hype this year since it’s two small-market teams

Or maybe I’m just paying less attention

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    A sports talk radio host I was listening to at random pointed out most years it's pretty slow between the championships and the Superb Owl, and by the end they are telling stories about the equipment manager's rooting interest in high school or whatever the fuck just to fill air time.

This year there's been plenty of other sports content these last two weeks, between Brady retirement part 2, Rodgers doing whatever trolling, Payton and Ryan's hires, Lebron breaking the all time record, Nets lighting the trade deadline on fire, etc etc, that they haven't had to resort to breaking down the game into oblivion for 14 days straight.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Philadelphia's not a small market but they're also not media darlings like the Cowboys or Patriots would be.

Also I can't say how excited I am to not see a crypto ad every four seconds this year, that shit was intolerable last year.

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I made some Chiefs puppy chow for the work potluck tomorrow. I used a recipe from the chiefs cookbook I got from Secret Satan's here last year. They came out more pink, beige, and white, but they still taste like sugar coated rice Chex.

HcFd0yll.jpeg

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Philadelphia's not a small market but they're also not media darlings like the Cowboys or Patriots would be.

Also I can't say how excited I am to not see a crypto ad every four seconds this year, that shit was intolerable last year.

i want it to come out that burger king has bought every single second of ad time during the super bowl

WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    1. I was gobsmacked to learn Revis was selected to the HoF cause I kind of thought he was still playing
    2. Look at how these guys manage their bodies while playing- both Joe Thomas and Revis retired the same year, Joe had to put in tons of effort to play 80lbs bigger than his normal frame while Revis had to work to keep his normal frame light enough

9polpyxlntnf.jpeg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    2 of the most deserving hall of famers ever right there

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

Wish we would have gotten more years with Bruce as hc. At least he is still in the front office.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

I wonder if he learned how to fight and shouts TIGER ! Every time he throws an uppercut.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Drake bet 700k on KC to win

So even if we lose I can at least laugh at Drake

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
  • Options
    i still can’t believe 80 for brady is a real movie that exists

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I've heard multiple people earnestly say it's "kinda cute," and I just want to ask how, but I also don't want to think or talk about that movie at all. It's a real dilemma.

• Options
    “Kinda Cute” is exactly how I’ve heard 80 for Brady described.

I think I’ll watch it when I can watch it for free just out of morbid curiosity

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I mean it just looks like a typical beloved old actors road trip comedy aimed at the older crowd that it felt like you'd see a bunch back in the day. We ain't the target here. It's boomer catnip.

My mom loved it.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I've heard multiple people earnestly say it's "kinda cute," and I just want to ask how, but I also don't want to think or talk about that movie at all. It's a real dilemma.

I find that if I even try to think about the movie in any detail my brain slides right off of the finished product and starts thinking about all the different pitch meetings that went into assembling it

I have no interest in seeing the movie, but I would give a stupid amount of money to see footage from the first day table read that almost certainly never happened

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options

Wish we would have gotten more years with Bruce as hc. At least he is still in the front office.

Besides the plaid polyester couch, my favorite part is the bottle of hooch sitting out in the prime rambunctious young boy zone

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Sounds like a lot of you are counting out Touchdown Tom tbh

• Options
    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRtNUVyx/

Micah Parsons has a foot fetish.

Who’d have thunk it

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular

Who’d have thunk it

*Door flies open.*
    "Got any room on this bus for one more!?"

-Rex Ryan

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I've never heard of 80 for Brady until just now in this thread. Just read the plot summary on Wikipedia.

It's really hard for me to see this movie as anything other than an act of sheer malice against the city and people of Atlanta.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Who’d have thunk it

*Door flies open.*
    "Got any room on this bus for one more!?"

-Rex Ryan

It's been far too long since we last had Rex screaming about steak, blowjobs, and warpussy.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Rob Ryan is still coaching

You’d think he’d fuck off to live out a Lebowskian existence

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    My wife is 40 and loves Grace and Frankie so she's all about 80 for Brady just because of Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. She's definitely not the only one, they knew what they were doing when they cast it.

Peen on
  • Options
    Something going on today

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Something going on today

Off-season starts tomorrow, people gearing up.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
This discussion has been closed.