As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Notifications indicated, but no actual notifications

DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss.Registered User regular
This started happening maybe within the past week or 2. It happens on mobile and desktop both - there will be a flag indicating unread notifications, but when I click on the icon, there's a popup saying there aren't any.

4q2im0dwbqkm.png
1swlbsh13yaz.png

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Probably related. The last week or so, every time I receive a PM I also get notified of a new @ mention. And/or it's refreshing the last mention I got from Aug 29th?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I had email notifications for posts in threads I started, but not on-site notifications. I turned off the email ones and the problem went away so I assume it's something to do with which type of notifications you're configured for.

• Options
    I have never turned on email notifications...

Steam profile
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i am also getting a new notification icon whenever i get a new PM, but there isn't a new notification, it just shows whatever my most recent one is

i also don't have any email notifications enabled

(on mobile, up to date Safari)

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    this morning i had the opposite, where receiving an @ notification also displayed a PM notification but i do not have a new PM

up until now i haven't seen that happen when the true notification is from an @

e: i am mistaken. apparently another unhinged PM was sent out this morning and has been removed by a mod. i still got the notification even though i no longer have the PM in my inbox

Chanus on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I had a notification of a new message as well as a @, but both were from yesterday and I had already viewed them. Almost like something got reset?

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    I had a notification of a new message as well as a @, but both were from yesterday and I had already viewed them. Almost like something got reset?

my guess would be you were probably included in the PM that got deleted

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »

my guess would be you were probably included in the PM that got deleted

So I was included? Yay!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    So is this why I have a bunch of PM notifications, including one from a mod, from 4/5am this morning but no actual messages? I was very worried for a minute!

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    So is this why I have a bunch of PM notifications, including one from a mod, from 4/5am this morning but no actual messages? I was very worried for a minute!

Oh no, for you actually you're being banned. Sorry.

<3

Steam profile
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Anyway to clear the phantom dm? Logging out and back in didn't work

• Options
    Gonna bump this since I still have a phantom dm notification and can't seem to clear it

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    it's here forever now

we're just going to live with phantom notifications forever

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Have you received subsequent notifications? A new set might clear the old ones

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I had this happen and the way I cleared it was opening up my most recent PMs and returning to the main forum page

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    I had this happen and the way I cleared it was opening up my most recent PMs and returning to the main forum page

Shit, this worked. I'd tried going into my dms but I guess I never actually opened a message. Much appreciated

Tagging @Lucedes in case they're still having the issue

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Resolved!