Options

The Great [Phalla] Detective - Day Six - Putting the Gang Back Together

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I'm playing around with some additional ways of recording vote counts. If you like my spreadsheets, check out Day 3 (prototype) and tell me what you think.
    Generally like this but I'm not following the "by" column and the blank lines.
    Column explanations:
    Timestamp - date and time the vote was made
    Vote - the vote made
    By (formerly "Player") - the player that voted
    Count - running total; the number of times the player in the Vote column has been voted at this point in time
    Duplicate? - error checking column; if this is "Yes" it means a player appears more than once in the By column
    Previous Vote - in the case that a player makes multiple Votes, this column contains the previous Vote made by a player
    Previous Vote By (formerly "By") - in the case that a player makes multiple Votes, this column contains the player that made the previous Vote

...I'm not actually sure I cleared anything up with that. :|

When somebody votes again, I copy that data out of the "Vote" and "By" columns so it isn't counted in the Count column. It gets archived in the Previous Vote and Previous Vote By columns.

Do you list the inactives?
    I don't track number of posts or anything, though if I ever get super bored at work again (hahahahaha, sob) I might try one of these AI copilots to help me automate web scraping / html parsing to automate vote counting.

Columns J and K should tell you who voted and who didn't.
    If you sort it by anything but the timestamp your count function breaks.
    Yeah, that's a downside to this display format. It's not a very sophisticated counting method, but it works for a time-based vote history (which was something my previous style of vote counting lacked).

Getting the timestamps for prior days is somewhat tedious (have to mouse over the post date), but as long as I stay somewhat current it's OK. There's definitely room for improvement; I'd like this table to populate a data set that looks like this; or to somehow include that sort of "bandwagon list" into this sheet. Preferably with strikethroughs for retracted votes, but I think that's scripting territory. And if I'm writing scripts, I might as well automated the whole thing with python. (which i've been considering for like a decade at this point)

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Yeah I get it, you need something to sort on because of revotes. If you used a scraper you could probably grab the post number and use that to key against rather than the time stamp.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Just throwing this out there: I've heard reports of both potential vote manip, as well as "narration altering" powers. I'm 99% sure I've seen the later in 38thDoe's games before so these claims at least seem plausible. Grain of salt and everything, but I figured it was better to share this info than not.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Day Three: The Bell, The Breakthrough, and The Bureaucracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAoYrMp1haM

The mice gathered to dispense justice. They argued about who was most likely to be part of the sinister gang plaguing the city. The mice did things very democratically now that the Queen was out of the picture. They wrote down votes. The voting took all day and then the votes were tabulated. In the end, JayKaos “won” the vote and was carried off to meet his maker. After he was killed he was found to be innocent of all charges. Although he was just a London Citizen something about his death made the bureaucracy take notice. This was never a good thing…

A bystanding London Citizen wrote down the details of the votes and began to process the raw data. Surely, a pattern would emerge that would expose the insidious cartel and their machinations. He looked at his data and then picked up a pencil to make additional notes. He was on the verge of a breakthrough! Suddenly it happened! The sword breaking through his chest put an end to jdarksun

A bell rang in the night. A dread beast approached, inexorably drawn to the sound. Although Infidel had not rung the bell, he was the only one at the scene when the fearsome creature arrived and devoured him. Not with hunger, not even with excitement. No, the dread beast viewed ending Infidel’s life as the final straw. She was not meant to take orders. She was a goddess surrounded by vermin. She would cleanse the island of them, no… perhaps she would merely cull their numbers and leave a breeding stock. She wouldn’t want to be bored. It was exactly this type of future planning that made her suited to rule.

There was a sudden loud noise, and kime felt a new emotion deep in her core. It wasn't an urge to kill or pleasure at killing… The closest she could think of was the look on the vermin’s faces when she was about to put them out of their misery. These thoughts occupied the last moments of her life as she finally learned she wasn’t the top dog.

A cautious, hesitant cackle of maniacal laughter echoed through the deeps of the city. First time?

The Dead:

JayKaos - London Citizen
    jdarksun - London Citizen
    Infidel - London Citizen
    kime - Felicia

@Virgil_Leads_You on notice for lack of vote.

Day Four is good to go.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think all PMs are out. If you think I owe you one please let me know.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    [/color=red]Premium[/color]

• Options
    Premium There's nothing to see here move along.

• Options
    Premium I am the worst, sorry.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    careens off the edge of rainbow road

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Felicia is Serial Killer? I have to go to bed, I will puzzle this tomorrow. 4 dead at once breaks expectations.

• Options
    Vote Vig Mafia SK

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OOOOOooooooOOOOO

Meowwww

OOOOOooooooOOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Premium. either we eliminate an opponent, or we find out that we've been lied to. I am slightly surprised the claimer is still alive, I guess our foes were either blocked or assumed they would be and killed the people being helpful instead?

I am going to go to my grave not knowing what the blue sparks do.

• Options
    Also I can confirm Shenanigans because someone has gerrymandered my vote to count less.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    hey my vote counts less too hi5

• Options
    premium also; we lose little by confirming whether Jpants is legit or a clever mafia ruse, though that would be pretty bold for a gambit.

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    So now that vote has closed, orders are in, I can reveal that Premium has been seered as Mafia. Wanted to get that out just in case I died tonight.
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Premium. either we eliminate an opponent, or we find out that we've been lied to. I am slightly surprised the claimer is still alive, I guess our foes were either blocked or assumed they would be and killed the people being helpful instead?

wait are you already casting doubt on whether a post-vote-close seer announcement could have been killed in retribution? that’s impossible!

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    So now that vote has closed, orders are in, I can reveal that Premium has been seered as Mafia. Wanted to get that out just in case I died tonight.
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

wait are you already casting doubt on whether a post-vote-close seer announcement could have been killed in retribution? that’s impossible!

I assumed there was time for frantic order changing! but true, probably not.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    premium for the seer call.

I also got hit by a reprimand, so my vote is 70% strength.

Not sure what that's all about, I'm all about my civic duties.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Vote Vig Mafia SK

This is not the correct order.

Vote -> Grand Plans -> Cunning Countermeasures -> Guard -> Kills -> Seer

Vote: Jaykaos
    Plans: ? Vote shenanigans? I have also been reprimanded by the bureaucracy
    Counters: ???
    Guard: somewhere we don't know because
    Kills: haven't hit a guarded person (unless it was Obi on day 1)
    -- JDark to someone, presumably the mafia
    -- Infidel to Felicia the Cat aka kime in black text, probably a serial killer
    -- kime to the vigilante
    -- seer we believe is active with jpants speaking for them.

premium

• Options
    I was just responding to Silence

• Options
    premium

• Options
    also jdark and infidel going out N3 is just...

PHALLA!

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Seriously? No one? Fine, I guess I’ll do it.

Bye Felicia

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Can everyone confirm their status vis a vis bureaucrat shenanigans?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    premium for the seer call.

I also got hit by a reprimand, so my vote is 70% strength.

Not sure what that's all about, I'm all about my civic duties.

Can someone better at math tell me how many people with 70% vote strength would need to be on a wagon before and an effective as vote loss and might throw off a result? 4? So Rattigan got a kill and the other mafia got this? I’m guess 5 mafia total.

Anyway, to the matter at hand Premium

• Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    I'm at 70% too. idk if its a mafia power/something automatic for them, when survivors below a threshold village vote gets penalised? Is it every villager or just some of us

17 of us left right? so assuming 4 mafia left (bt would it be that much?) the mafia has 4 vote power compared to village 9.1

i think that means shenanigans arent likely for !Premium train but ouchy thats a headache

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    A bystanding London Citizen wrote down the details of the votes and began to process the raw data. Surely, a pattern would emerge that would expose the insidious cartel and their machinations. He looked at his data and then picked up a pencil to make additional notes. He was on the verge of a breakthrough! Suddenly it happened! The sword breaking through his chest put an end to jdarksun

also that was a mean pun Doe. sure I laughed but that was mean

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Well we kinda have to assume the Seer is speaking truth in this case, I think?

Premium , until such a time that someone with more experienced reveals something I've missed.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    premium

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow I’m training a coworker and won’t be able to check the forums much as they’ll be looking over my shoulder. Figured I’d give my top suspicious list currently. In no order -

Endless serpents - I think most of their posts have been fluff?
    Phoenix - probably I am swayed by infidels read from the grave
    Mrpaku - kinda been off of my radar, nothing making me lean village

I was also hit with bureaucracy last night

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    tosoraktosorak Registered User regular
    premium

The narrative makes me think one of the killers was killing for the 1st time, so maybe things had to happen to unlock their killing power, just like we are now seeing bureaucracy for the 1st time Cat being dead and not the 'top dog' makes me think it's the dog character that killed the cat.

Though also a little concerning, maybe whatever made the cat kill is spreading / infected the killer somehow with the laughter thing.

• Options
    I haven't been hit with bureaucracy, for what that's worth.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    No time for fluff today.

premium

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Tomorrow I’m training a coworker and won’t be able to check the forums much as they’ll be looking over my shoulder.

This is me all week at work otherwise I'd be doing truth tables right now.

Also going with premium based on the seer call by JPants. My vote is also reduced so near unanimity is likely necessary.

Is it possible Virgil_Leads_You was a guard, and that's why 4 died last night compared to 3 the previous two nights (though night one had a redundancy)?

Phoenix-D the blue sparks will always live on in our hearts. Hopefully Infidel shares the why someday.
    Lucedes wrote: »
    []premiumcolor] also; we lose little by confirming whether Jpants is legit or a clever mafia ruse, though that would be pretty bold for a gambit.

We lose a night if we're wrong, after we lost one on JayKaos as well. At this pace we only have 3-4 votes left.

• Options
    Shower thought: every villager whose final vote was recorded for JayKaos ended up reprimanded?

• Options
    oh I thought it was because they realised I was welsh and were disappointed in me

serious though, if thats the case I cant twig if it was a mafia move (debuff a lot of voters at once) or a network move (sitting out the jaykaos vote because we know itll give our votes more power)

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Shower thought: every villager whose final vote was recorded for JayKaos ended up reprimanded?

Interesting theory! I didn't vote for Jay and have not recieved a PM about my vote.

Seeing as the premium vote is a lock at this point, I'm going to repeat my vote for PhoenixD just for the vote record.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Interesting theory! I didn't vote for Jay and have not recieved a PM about my vote.

Seeing as the premium vote is a lock at this point, I'm going to repeat my vote for PhoenixD [/color] just for the vote record.

When Heffling said they weren't reprimanded, it was the first point of commonality I thought of.

Infidel and jdarksun both voted for Phoenix yesterday, and they're both death.

(incidentally, JayKaos voted for Gizzy, who started the JK train. Kime voted for Heffling, and apparently Serial Killed Infidel).

silence1186 on