Options

Consider Fate Badly Tempted [Chat]

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    My AC/HVAC story: we had window units, everywhere I lived in Philadelphia. My little brother was super bad about turning his off. He’d leave it on the entire day when he was at school so his room would be nice and cold when he got home. My aunt kept yelling at him for this, for the electricity bill. Finally she took away his AC privileges (for whatever length of time was meant to serve as a punishment, idr). Then he snuck the AC back into his room and set it directly on a milk crate in the middle of the room, pointing at him. It exhausted all its condensation directly on the floor. We rushed into his room one night and it was like getting hit by a jet engine. Fantastic stuff.

this is incredible, because you'd think with how loud and hot it would make the room, he'd realize it was not working as intended and turn it off. and yet...

Space heater with extra steps

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Our pool in high school had a real.small locker room so we got used to towel changing on the deck and would just do whatever at other schools

This apparently caused scandals at more than a few tournaments and got us complained about because people would just full nude in a small towel at big events

A+ job team

We also had a guy with a cocaine problem who was breaking records

Sounds like he had swimming problems and cocaine solutions

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Trying out Threads.

Seen a few questionable posts (i.e. the ones that would be acceptable on Twitter with Elon) disappear almost immediately.

Interesting. It definitely feels better to use than Twitter has in quite some time.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Trying out Threads.

Seen a few questionable posts (i.e. the ones that would be acceptable on Twitter with Elon) disappear almost immediately.

Interesting. It definitely feels better to use than Twitter has in quite some time.

Does it? The feed looks like noisy trash to me, even after a ton of time muting and blocking and having some follows

For interaction inside a thread once youre engaged I dont hate it but I HATE the feed, it seems like the laziest history-ignoring thing Ive seen in a while

Did we learn nothing from MMO global chat

Tumin on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Trying out Threads.

Does it? The feed looks like noisy trash to me, even after a ton of time muting and blocking and having some follows

Haven't looked at the actual feed, but I don't expect a brand new app to be as dialed in as one I've been curating for a few years.

Also, after Twitter, I might just have incredibly low standards.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    If you arent looking at the feed how are you using it? You just...search people and read their posts?

You said you saw questionable posts so I assumed you were in the main feed?

Tumin on
  • Options
    If you arent looking at the feed how are you using it? You just...search people and read their posts?

You said you saw questionable posts so I assumed you were in the main feed?

I did mostly searches and read stuff from people who are posting, I didn't do a big scroll of the main feed.

There were questionable replies to people I was reading and they got bugzapped p quick.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i am hoping Threads will direct more people to using one of the various other federated services that isn't owned by the guy who enabled the rise of global fascism

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    i am hoping Threads will direct more people to using one of the various other federated services that isn't owned by the guy who enabled the rise of global fascism

Grover Norquist has a service?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there's basically no excuse for using a new product from Meta imo

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Good luck with that.

I hope the same, but people don't want to deal with the federated nonsense.

• Options

No, it's clearly Karl Rove.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Like this is trash

Its endless pages of it
    ipvowccce47p.png

Tumin on
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »

Good luck with that.

I hope the same, but people don't want to deal with the federated nonsense.

Mastodon definitely acted like an HOA trying to keep out undesirables, but other offerings seem more open to actually having users

• Options

But enough about Dennis Hastert

• Options
    edited July 2023

No, we must be referring to John Roberts.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Good morning

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options

Funny, without Chief Justice in front it took me a second

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    3929wl3rt7wy.png

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Didn't know Ronald Reagan came back and starting running social.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

More like Chief Injustice am I right or fucking what?

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Theres no justice theres only Just Us™ a social media app brought to you by Amazon

Tumin on
  • Options
    Benito Mussolini?

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Theres no justice theres only Just Us a social media app brought to you by Amazom

Truly the only ethical consumption in capitalism.

• Options
    Benito Mussolini?

Ive been hankering for seafood.myself

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Writing patents is awfulllllllllll

IP should be illegal

• Options
    The only ethical consumption in Capitalism is to eat the rich

• Options
    Benito Mussolini?

No thanks, I'm lactose intolerant

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Is it worse than reading them? It might be, only in that takes orders of magnitude longer.

• Options
    Benito Mussolini?

No thanks, I'm lactose intolerant

How about a nice Franco then

• Options
    Or perhaps an Il Duce?

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    @Powerpuppies @tyrannus @Tumin Training went wayyyy better today. We talked about revisions to deadlifts for next session i.e. using a trap bar until I can get enough mobility in my hips to not smack the bar into my knees. Felt like we were getting on the same page with that, which was good

We did shoulder press today and the main thing for me is just developing enough core strength to keep everything braced while I push. It's kind of humiliating to just be doing bar+10s but I suppose that's why I'm here.

I did manage three pull-ups, which is cool because I've never done that before

Then I did 1x5 at 160, then 2x10 at 100/70 (or something) on a lat pull down machine

Then a couple of dips, then 3x20 at 50 on a pulldown machine and my arms are dead noodles now

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i never even signed up for tiktok i'm not going to one of the shit apps that will last a week before everyone gives up on them like Hive

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Haha i think you're stronger than me and I've been working out for two years

sig.gif
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Hive is the one that had a catastrophic API permissions problem like the week it launched right? Anyone could post anything as anyone, edit anyones posts or profile.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Strict overhead press is hard as hell and it's more technique than you'd think if you arent bending backwards or using a little knee movement.

• Options
    Did your trainer let you do bicep curls in the squat rack yet

As a treat

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I decided I would never ever make a Tiktok account when I was first linked one of their videos and it transitioned into a 4 second tease of their most popular vids, each cutting off before the interesting part, in one of the darkest fucking patterns I have ever seen in my life.

I was like, oh, so this is the fentanyl of social media, I see. Nope. Never.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    I also find it incredibly annoying that instagram won't allow you to replay a video you already have loaded and just watched without an account. You have to refresh the page. Ten thousand years dungeon.

Donkey Kong on
This discussion has been closed.