As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] Thread: Supporting Necromancy Charities

1939495969799»

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Hahaha don't be silly Australia isn't a real place!

Look I've been all over the US and I've never seen the US-Australia border. It's pure fantasy. It's like Neverland or Narnia.

As a resident of Neverland, I'd like to raise an objection....

Oh yeah?

Oh yeah?!?

Point to it on this map, Pixie!

992hcyqujijg.png

Really wild that they put a big fence around all those islands off the coast of Georgia and Florida.
    Or that people talk about Hawaii being in the Pacific when it's really in the Bay of Mexico.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Robocop is one of those films like Star Wars people will tell you they've never seen before and I just get an instinctual reaction to reply "How did you do that?"

I once met someone older than me who didn't know Dracula was originally a book. They thought Dracula came from that '90s movie - Bram Stoker's Dracula, which they assumed was called that because it was directed by someone called Bram Stoker.

Since then, I've stopped being surprised about people not having seen any particular piece of popular media.

I'm sorry, I'm catching up on the stuff I missed, and the idea that Dracula/the concept of vampires was invented in the late 1990s is wild.

This hurts my soul, but then again, it took me a while to learn the Limp Bizkit songs i really enjoyed were covers.

Anyway, I'm buying Ratopia because FUCK DRIVERS INTHISSTATE!

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Do I tell them? Or let them remain blissfully ignorant of what's about to happen. They have no idea what's coming. Hush now. We wouldn't want to spoil the surprise, would we. But wouldn't it be more fun.... You've already said too much. But couldn't we just.... NO. Fine! Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man. Yes I know the muffin man. Who lives on Drury Lane. Well, he says *looks around cautiously, whispering* and that's why we used duct tape *more whispering* but now grandma's fine and we're going shopping in the morning. *nods knowingly*

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Look I've been all over the US and I've never seen the US-Australia border. It's pure fantasy. It's like Neverland or Narnia.

Oh yeah?

Oh yeah?!?

992hcyqujijg.png

Oh I see your confusion.

You didn't zoom in enough. Pixies are tiny, you see.

tqpweiqzquaf.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Oh yeah?

Oh yeah?!?

992hcyqujijg.png

Really wild that they put a big fence around all those islands off the coast of Georgia and Florida.
    Or that people talk about Hawaii being in the Pacific when it's really in the Bay of Mexico.

Given the general constituents of the nearby states, they got off lucky that it was just a fence.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You have to be careful in neverland though, or you'll be struck by, you'll be hit by, a smooth criminal

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Oh yeah?

Oh yeah?!?

992hcyqujijg.png

Oh I see your confusion.

You didn't zoom in enough. Pixies are tiny, you see.

tqpweiqzquaf.png

Well I apologize, I clearly wasn't wearing my glasses!

I don't have glasses, but I clearly wasn't wearing them!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    There's a signpost with two arrows going in opposite directions, which do you pick?

<--- Neverland /////// Never-Neverland --->

Madican on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    There's a signpost with two arrows going in opposite directions, which do you pick?

<--- Neverland /////// Never-Neverland --->

Take my hand, we're off.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    What do I notice in my forum PMs? Why, it's a key for Souldiers.

Thanks @Karoz !

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    the limited edition translucent one is all kinds of good looking: (and will probably be sold out immediately)
    xj62sodp5wgy.png

"Not available in your region." Oh well.

I wonder if I can retrofit mine v1 with an OLED should they be available on iFixit.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Dratatoo wrote: »
    the limited edition translucent one is all kinds of good looking: (and will probably be sold out immediately)
    xj62sodp5wgy.png

I wonder if I can retrofit mine v1 with an OLED should they be available on iFixit.

OLED screen is thinner and is attached differently (from the front), they are not interchangable. This new version had internals redesigned around the OLED screen.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    xj62sodp5wgy.png

OLED screen is thinner and is attached differently (from the front), they are not interchangable. This new version had internals redesigned around the OLED screen.

It's also bigger (7.4"), so the front cutout won't be big enough.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Like A Dragon Gaiden lets you play darts with pencils.

a7p13g7g90cf.jpg

GOTY.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Difference breakdown
    ommndkw3gpxw.png

Monstrous.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Like A Dragon Gaiden lets you play darts with pencils.

a7p13g7g90cf.jpg

GOTY.

*nods in John Wick*

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    -Loki- wrote: »
    xj62sodp5wgy.png

It's also bigger (7.4"), so the front cutout won't be big enough.

The cutout probably would be big enough as the bezel is thinner. But that's where the good news ends as far as interchangeability goes. Valve have said it won't work.

Some enterprising idiots souls will try though, I have no doubt.

PC Gamer had a look inside and the innards are definitely a bit different: https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-deck-oled-vs-steam-deck-lcd-internal-comparison/

Jazz on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Difference breakdown
    ommndkw3gpxw.png

Monstrous.

Fake nerds IMHO

The 7mm should've been Sephiroth and the 6mm Kefka

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

No, that's New Zealand.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

No, that's New Zealand.

It can be both.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    xj62sodp5wgy.png

Translucent/transparent controllers/handhelds are always better, it's a fact.

When I was a pre-teen and didn't pay for my own shit, I owned one of those SNES after-market controllers with the turbo buttons. It was translucent and super cool.

Unfortunately, one day I fell off the course right before completing Rainbow Road in Super Mario Kart 150cc. Then I threw the controller on the floor, and it broke into many, many pieces. Only accessory I've ever broken.

I think I'll avoid a translucent Steam Deck. Wouldn't want to break a streak.

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    New Thread! New Thread! New Thread

@echo could you please lock this one?

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.