Options

I Tube, [YouTube], We All Tube for the Algorithm.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Jerris Crawkins is the only canonical PA fusion.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    agoaj wrote: »
    Jerris Crawkins is the only canonical PA fusion.

a little fun fact is that that is the result of me fucking something up

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    oh wow he really does look like the offspring of Mike and Jerry

I do not care for this

what about "Animorphs cover mid-point between Mike and Jerry"?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wait can the animorphs turn into other people they all should have turned into Mike Tyson circa 1989 and just fucking clobbered some aliens

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they have to touch the thing they turn into first so they would have to find a time machine to go back to 1989. otherwise they're only getting 1998 mike tyson

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    interesting breakdown of the procedural music in the pikmin games
    https://youtu.be/QPFWzSlg-78

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/gMGEjgYJhEc

It occurred to me recently that Jacob Geller looks a bit like Cody Johnston, only slightly younger and less haunted by demons, and now I get distracted by that thought every time I see him.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Is that just because he has a beard?

Smof I have a beard

Am I just a fatter balder Cody Johnston to you?

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Friendship can also blind people, I'm taking Nick at his word that he viewed James as a friend.

So throw in the fact the Nick is incurious, which just makes it easier for him to not notice plagiarism and we've seen plenty of cases where people that are reading the god damn research in Academia end up working with a plagiarist for months or years before they realize their coworker is stealing people's work. Part of that is that you actually have the see the source material they are stealing and if there is enough research floating around, it's actually somewhat easy to not see that source material. Hell, James demonstrated exactly why an academic working alongside a plagiarist wouldn't see the source material because they make a point of not mentioning the source to begin with.

Then add in the fact that it does appear James was setting Nick up to be a fall guy. So James has likely taken a number of steps to ensure that Nick would be in the dark on what he was doing. Hell, probably intentionally picked someone that was incurious because he knew that was someone that would be much, less likely to ever stumble across any of the original work that James was stealing from.

This is probably a great example of how all sorts of scummy ass people, ranging from con artists to god damn serial killers end up fooling everyone around them. We want to think that "there is no way someone that close didn't notice what a piece of shit their friend, sibling, partner or neighbor was," but it is surprisingly easy for shitty people to live a double life and keep everyone in the dark about it. Hell, it's also super easy for non-shitty people to keep others in the dark about who they are. I mean, there is a sort of irony in seeing someone state that there was no way that Nick couldn't have known, when we're talking about a well known figure in the LGBTQ+ community, on a board that has a sizable number of trans members. There are plenty of members of the LGBTQ+ past and present, that have had to lead double lives to protect themselves against persecution, where they have to keep close friends and family members in the dark because either those family members are fucking awful people or it's a friend or family member that does a shit job at keeping secrets.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/p24hmgEldZs
    Wood is the original plastic

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    sony's ad agency in the 00s was on some shit and I do not think it worked at all

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I just watched H-Bomberman's Sherlock analysis and I now realize Honkai 3rd impact did more justice to the series in one barely canon side event than 4 seasons of Sherlock.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    sony's marketing was memorable in the worst way

I will carry "a nut you can play outside" with me until the day I die

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I just watched H-Bomberman's Sherlock analysis and I now realize Honkai 3rd impact did more justice to the series in one barely canon side event than 4 seasons of Sherlock.

Secret Good Fourth Sherlock Episode

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Secret Good Fourth Sherlock Episode

"A FUCKING BOOMERANG" still makes me chuckle.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/FkuW7uKG6l8

Kind of got a theme going

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    sony's marketing was memorable in the worst way

I will carry "a nut you can play outside" with me until the day I die

https://youtu.be/0G0LlXv-nyI?si=KSvODW9vjiLMAp6H

Trying to force a viral video and getting immediately caught was hilarious

• Options
    sony's 00s ad agency all like "how do you do, fellow kids"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM-xsJQo9KY

sometimes, the algorithm is good

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/-4jAyJDc8T4
    MFW I spent several years analyzing Jordan Fucking Peterson and a dude reading wikipedia pages was pulling $8k/month.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    here's a neat thing about Mario speedrunning:
    this is a video combining every sub-5 minute run in Super Mario Bros. 1, all at the same time. The way it's done is really neat, where they captured all the inputs and converted them all to TASes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisWoTNyfeU

You can really see the frame rule in action, which is cool.
    (The frame rule is a system in SMB1 where the game only checks to see if you've finished a level and touched the flagpole every 21 frames, about 1/3rd of a second, so running it involves an incredible amount of optimization as any time saves that are less than a 3rd of a second are basically meaningless while also alowing for imperfect play or improvisation since it doesn't matter if you miss the flagpole by 1-20 frames)

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/FkuW7uKG6l8

Kind of got a theme going

The theme is plagiarism.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So, because apparently a four hour video wasn't enough, I decided to watch one of the hbomberguy videos I hadn't caught yet and went with the Tommy Tallarico one and I could not believe how deep that rabbit hole goes, to the point where I'm not sure whether Tallarico was lying about being able to make the Intellivision, or if he was lying about making it at all in the first place, but he had to be lying about something.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So is plagiarism bad or not?

I need to know 'cause I got a thing due.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    RT800 wrote: »

Plagiarism may be theft, but it also helps a lot of people finish their video essays on time, so it's impossible to say if it's bad or not.

Peewi on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

Plagiarism may be theft, but it also helps a lot of people finish their video essays on time, so it's impossible to say if it's bad or not.

This discussion has been closed.