Options

Dorf Fortress "Toady One has created a masterpiece"

• Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    For some reason, my dwarves wont make me any copper crossbows. Im so confused. They make me armor, and bolts, but no crossbows!

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    For some reason, my dwarves wont make me any copper crossbows. Im so confused. They make me armor, and bolts, but no crossbows!
    Crossbows use the bowyer job. Even metal ones.

Stregone on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    they need the crossbow making job selected maybe?

also my marksdwarf shot both of a camel's eyes out and never finished the job.

i wish i could have named him and kep him as a pet but he wandered off the map

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Once the worst of my famine was over - Bam! A bunch of immigrants and a Dungeon Master, who is being treated to both an artefact chair and an artefact table, as well as a marble coffin and a bunch of pretty awesome statues my mason made before he died.

And now I have 80 dwarfs, sieges should start to turn up.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    so this is the first time i ever got this, but i got a message that said the wet season has come...

i haven't noticed anything different though

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    Terror&HubrisTerror&Hubris Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is there a way I can edit a file to have more starting points in adventure mode?

Terror&Hubris on
    This game can't make my TV bigger?
    Sadly, no... But here's a list of what you will get out of Rock Band:

[too much to fit in a sig, thats what]
  • Options
    StealtharcadiaStealtharcadia Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    D: Fort Gleemetals has been sacked by goblins!!

Hordes of Gobbos came rushing from the mountains, my military under Xtarath mustered at the front gates, and I put all my civilians on active duty and ordered them underground for what I was assured of was my final battle.

Well, the civilian army decided to charge like retards to an arrowey death, the front gate was littered with their bodies. Then the goblins came inside and killed all the active military dorfs in a massive brawl. After my civilians and army were crippled, Trolls tore apart the area of water I had blocked off way back and my fortress began to flood.

We killed all the damn gobbos, some trolls are chilling out by the old barracks, harassing my survivors, miasma and flies scour my fort. Titmouse was elected mayor and everybody is ecstatic, I gave all the administrative powers to titmouse and he is currently the supreme overlord of Gleemetals, a broken fortress filled with crazy people.

The only sane one is the engraver, who is detailing the fall of the fortress.

;(

Stealtharcadia on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    We killed all the damn gobbos, some trolls are chilling out by the old barracks, harassing my survivors, miasma and flies scour my fort. Titmouse was elected mayor and everybody is ecstatic, I gave all the administrative powers to titmouse and he is currently the supreme overlord of Gleemetals, a broken fortress filled with crazy people.

;(

YES! I AM THE KING OF THE ASYLUM!

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    One of my engravers, in a fairly self-referential fashion, has been engraving engravings of dwarfs engraving.

Rhesus Positive on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    One of my engravers, in a fairly self-referential fashion, has been engraving engravings of dwarfs engraving.

Toady needs to incorporate art styles into the game. "This engraving is influenced by the elf T'luan. It uses the elf's perspective techniques into the engravings." "This engraving is made by an amateur. It looks like something a goblin would make.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    "This dwarf fucking sucks at engraving. What is he, blind?"

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    "This engraving is a masterful depiction of a door, in the style of a trompe l'oeil."
    "Stumpy Fuzzchin cancels eat: knocked himself out trying to walk through an engraving."

Rhesus Positive on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    titmouse wrote: »

;(

You just banned the export of bracelets.
    We have no bracelets...
    You also just killed a cat.

Stealtharcadia on
  • Options
    DataranDataran Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Same here. Looks like 31 dwarves is all my laptop can handle. The FPS has just gone down the drain.

Just gonna have to wait until I can upgrade to some more RAM, 512 is not enough.

Dataran on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    is there any way to turn off some of these mi ning alerts? Spamming me with DAMP STONE LOCATED or YOU FOUND ORTHOCLASE! is kinda annoying

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    titmouse wrote: »

;(

You just banned the export of bracelets.
    We have no bracelets...
    You also just killed a cat.

The cat was plotting against me.

Couscous on
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I was thinking of taking 4 cows with me so that the odds of getting cow calves is greatly increased. Expensive as they are I'm hoping they will produce a lot of meat.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I havn't played DF since the z-levels first came out. what sweet features have I been missing out on? Is it worth re-downloading?

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh, so goddamn much. Religion, gods, family trees, more hidden fun stuff...

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is it... Is... MY MAN. Take a look at this helpful picture. Another fellow linked it in the previous thread. I feel it is most appropriate.
    xlg_depth_scraper_0.jpg

If that doesn't illustrate the wonders of the z axis, nothing can. Now imagine that depthscraper filled with dwarves marrying and breeding, choking each other to death in fits of rage and bathing their children in blood on the surface in fields of razor wire and spike filled trenches while setting trees on fire to send up smoke signals to the elves for giggles.

We no longer simply build holes in a wall, we build underground cities. Dwarfholme is confined to no mountain. Dwarfholme is the world.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Damnit, I was doing pretty good with this fort, and I had it layed out very well. But now I can't find any good ore for weapons and armor, and its infuriating. I might just restart, but I don't want to because of my success so far. Gwaaaaah!!!!

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You can just wait for goblin invasions and melt down their stuff. Or request metal bars and raw stone from traders.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dudes I want to play this game again but I can't motivate myself to learn all the new stuff.

Motivate me doggs.

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    when dwarves or other animals fall down more then 3 levels they explode

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I wonder if Toady will ever put genetics into the game so I can breed a race of supercows that give high quality meat.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Really? I think I'll have fun with that bit of information. Poor poor dwarfs won't be able to live peacefully in my fortress anymore.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dudes I want to play this game again but I can't motivate myself to learn all the new stuff.

Motivate me doggs.

The next update will have dynamically defined ages. Toady went from the Age of the Elves (due to their population) to the Age of the Dwarves (thanks to a berserker axedwarf visiting elves.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    animals breed when they are caged right?

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Zerinan wrote: »

Really? I think I'll have fun with that bit of information. Poor poor dwarfs won't be able to live peacefully in my fortress anymore.

If you think that's bad, try building your barracks around a large central shaft. Sparring injuries are nothing when you have dwarves falling down a 12 level pit when they're dodging in combat exercises.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

If you think that's bad, try building your barracks around a large central shaft. Sparring injuries are nothing when you have dwarves falling down a 12 level pit when they're dodging in combat exercises.

This is- Sorry. Sorry. I won't say it. No decadent Persian mutant satyrs here.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    end of my second year and i have 86 dwarves.

too many dorfs coming! cannot keep up with wood demand!

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Basil wrote: »

Eh?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008

you should probably name the dwarf who kicked him down leonidorf

also fuck! i'm getting invaded

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    wavecutter wrote: »
    The ever helpful Dwarf Fortress wiki
    The previous G&T DF thread
    And the SA DF thread, the Goons have plenty of DF chatter too.
    And of course THE EPIC SAGA OF BOATMURDERED which is a must-read.

Might wanna make these go somewhere.

Is it just me, or are dorfs a lot faster now? I always seem to have people idling while I wait for my miner to finish, even after finishing chair/barrel/bed/chest/door/mechanism jobs.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008

you should probably name the dwarf who kicked him down leonidorf

also fuck! i'm getting invaded

How'd that invasion go? You live?

The Crazytown formerly known as Gleemetals is holding on by a thread, goblin ambushers roam outside my fort, waiting for a chance to strike, but the last of the guard/military are kind of defending. Enough to break their moral. Once the next invasion comes, we're done for.

Stealtharcadia on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    i lived, i lost a champion wrestler since she decided to run out after the 20 goblin axemen single handedly.

she was also carrying 2 babies.

one drowned.

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    wavecutter wrote: »
    The ever helpful Dwarf Fortress wiki
    The previous G&T DF thread
    And the SA DF thread, the Goons have plenty of DF chatter too.
    And of course THE EPIC SAGA OF BOATMURDERED which is a must-read.

Might wanna make these go somewhere.

Is it just me, or are dorfs a lot faster now? I always seem to have people idling while I wait for my miner to finish, even after finishing chair/barrel/bed/chest/door/mechanism jobs.

FIXD

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    2llygd5.gif

Noooo, not the adamantine shield! Also, Bloodyvomitous, gooeybloodymolten :D

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    275 pieces of cassiterite doesn't give me jack. DARN YOU MOUNTAIN FOR NOT BEARING MORE VALUBLE ORE CHILDREN

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    so i think i may be getting seasonal sieges, i had one early winter, now i just had another early spring.

the newest one came with like 10 goblin bowmen, 10 goblin swordsmen, 1 swordmaster, 1 spearmaster, and about 8 trolls

somehow i got off with only a few minor injuries

TheKoolEagle on
This discussion has been closed.