As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scrawlings from my sexy pen (minor NSFW)

Deep FriedDeep Fried Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Artist's Corner
Jason Yungbluth speaking. Jason Yungbluth posting.

Enjoy please examples of honorable comic artwork, and reciprocate with words of praise or blame.

tango.jpg

bloodyvalentine.jpg

rainbowdark.jpg

BOOM_HELLBOY.jpg

BOOM_HELLGIRL.jpg

weaponbrown.jpg

DF-BANNER_WEAPON-BROWN.gif
Deep Fried on

• Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh god...Charlie Brown XD

Some of them (mainly the first) remind me a lot of DMAC's style...which is a good thing.

On the second one however, i know it's supposed to be cartoony and stylized, but her head is just way too out of sync with the rest of her body. It would work if you brought her body up to the same level of exaggeration but as it is, it's just kinda awkward.

Everything else is nice though, good job!

DeeLock on
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, that second one is Lois from Family Guy meets JTHM, which is a tough bridge.

All in all some very nice stuff, I especially dig the details in the Hellboy stuff. The hips on the woman in the first pic do jump out as a bit too wide, but it's not a picture killer.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    very impressive work
    the only major complaint i have is in the first one, her left arm looks too short, the foreshortening (is it called foreshortening when it's leaving the viewer like that? i don't know what it's called... but you know what i mean) is a little messed up.

beavotron on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Agree with the beaver.......all very impressive though.

Mustang on
  • Options
    u63ru63r Jon "Bad Wasabi" Wood Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good Ol' Charlie Brown's been hittin' the juice.

u63r on
  • Options
    EnkiEnki Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I definitely like the my little pony/carebear one. a little dark, but definitely good!

Enki on
    ~vote yes for scrubdiddlies~
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You can see many of these pieces and more by visiting my table at the 2008 Pittsburgh Comicon April 25, 26 and 27, yo!

Deep Fried on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I know I'm going to come off sounding like a jerk here but why do I get the feeling you didn't read any of the comments posted?

Mustang on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man fucking awesome! I got my plane ticket set and everything. I'll totally see you there, yo!

Not really though. I have to agree with mustang on this one.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    very impressive work
    the only major complaint i have is in the first one, her left arm looks too short, the foreshortening (is it called foreshortening when it's leaving the viewer like that? i don't know what it's called... but you know what i mean) is a little messed up.
    the vanishing point? is that what it's called?

btw man, very nice work.

r-jasper on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    I'm going to agree with Wakka and Mustang on this one. Unless we see some sort of response to the people who took the time to leave comments and critiques, this going to be locked up and fast.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    r-jasper wrote: »
    beavotron wrote: »
    very impressive work
    the vanishing point? is that what it's called?

btw man, very nice work.

The foreshortening (that is the word you seek) may be a bit off. In my defense, I was raised without a 3rd dimension.

Deep Fried on