As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BIG MAN! BIG MAN! LET'S HUMP THIS SHIT UP!

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    RedTide wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    mastman wrote: »
    Edit: also if you are a crackhead, please refrain from burning down your drug dens, and also please remember to bring your drugs with you next time you flee.

I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. This just happened here and it ended horribly tragic

I was told by some of the locals that it looked like roaches fleeing a flashlight.

two firefighters died last week when they went in a house and the floor caved in. House was a drug den

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I made a thread titled in caps lock really sad

I apologize

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Do you know what we should talk about instead?

How the G&Ters are fucking up the awesome posts forum.

Blake T on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Edit: also if you are a crackhead, please refrain from burning down your drug dens, and also please remember to bring your drugs with you next time you flee.

I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. This just happened here and it ended horribly tragic

I was told by some of the locals that it looked like roaches fleeing a flashlight.

two firefighters died last week when they went in a house and the floor caved in. House was a drug den

I was referring to our crack den fire, but thats what happens with arson man.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Why is my name in that quote tree? I didn't say that shit!

Defender on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Why is my name in that quote tree? I didn't say that shit!

I dunno, the evidence is pretty damning.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Quote trees don't lie

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How I Gained 34lbs of Muscle in 4 Weeks

uh... out of curiosity, is there any chance in hell this is real?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    I bet I know what it is before I even read it. It's a guy who had already been big and muscular beforehand regaining those pounds. It's possible to gain a fair amount of weight back if you've already been that big before. See also Christian Bale in Batman. It's also possible to make your physique look better by shaving, getting a tan and lighting yourself properly. Which, looking at it, that guy did. If you look under his Robin Williams facade, his abdominal muscles were more defined beforehand, so he's kidding himself if he thinks he lost fat.

So maybe it's possible, for that particular guy, that one time. I'm not massively convinced, and there's no real proof, but maybe. Would I recommend you do it? No. HIT is bullshit and the colorado experiment was so transparently fictional it may as well have been set on the fucking moon.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    two 30 minute workouts a week for a total of 4 hours of gym time for those 4 weeks.

<--- skeptical

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ahh, that clears that up then. Thanks dudes.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    god, in and out of the gym in 45 minutes. The luxury.

Today was three supersets of four sets each, so 24 sets altogether. I did the romanian deadlifts with 20kg to get started. The gym trainer refused to show me them because "they're really hard".

Tube on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    god, in and out of the gym in 45 minutes. The luxury.

Today was three supersets of four sets each, so 24 sets altogether. I did the romanian deadlifts with 20kg to get started. The gym trainer refused to show me them because "they're really hard".

WHAT

You have got to be fucking kidding me. They are "too hard" for him to show you them? No they're not, goddamn. Just do it with like 16 kg or something and do four reps total, and then it's retardedly easy.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh hey CT another thing you can do to get your form better on those lifts, and I am assuming you're not using a bar here, is do them in front of a wall. That will force you to drop your hips back because it is impossible to go forward.

One back exercise I used to do is basically you get in more or less a horse stance (like from karate or whatever) with one weight in each hand in front of you, and you pretty much row it back up to your hip or rib cage. Your stance can't lean forward because the wall is right there.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's the one thing I dread when if I get a new job and not being able to use this gym anymore. Like, I was excited about getting to see lots of new faces and maybe meet people, but it sounds awful cause in the end I do just want to lift heavy shit without having to wait cause I have an order I go through and I hate my order to be messed with.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh hey CT another thing you can do to get your form better on those lifts, and I am assuming you're not using a bar here, is do them in front of a wall. That will force you to drop your hips back because it is impossible to go forward.

One back exercise I used to do is basically you get in more or less a horse stance (like from karate or whatever) with one weight in each hand in front of you, and you pretty much row it back up to your hip or rib cage. Your stance can't lean forward because the wall is right there.

I'm using a bar. My gym doesn't have kettlebells. The guy who wouldn't show me was actually ok, he was sort of funny. He found me another guy to show me who was a dick. "hi I'd like some help with romanian deadlifts"
    "right what's your goal"
    "4 sets of 8"
    "but I mean long term"
    "uh, size and strength?"
    "you should do squats"
    "squats were yesterday"
    "right so what's your long term goal"
    "to execute four goddamn sets of romanian fucking deadlifts."

Tube on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    "Thanks, man, great conversation. Scuse me, I need to work now."

I don't see why this would require kettlebells, I would think that dumbbells could achieve the same objective. Or you could just hold a plate, I mean, you're starting with 20 kg, that's about 45 pounds, right? Anyway, if you like using a bar and that's what you plan to keep doing, then the wall thing won't really work, but I guess you could still visualize it if that helps. The whole point is just to make sure you don't fuck up your lumbar by having it bear the weight.

Defender on
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm not trying to brag, but I want to get a feel of where I am strength wise.
    Would you guys say that being able to do 10 dumbbell shoulder shrugs with 100 lbs. is good?

Zombot on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    100 lb dumbbells or 100 lbs total?

the wook on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    the wook wrote: »
    100 lb dumbbells or 100 lbs total?

100 lb. dumbbells.

Zombot on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    100 1lb dumbbells.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zombot wrote: »
    Would you guys say that being able to do 10 dumbbell shoulder shrugs with 100 lbs. is good?

Sort of on the light side there if you have been working out for a while.

xeroismygod on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

And now my ego deflates.
    I saw that the heaviest dumbbell my gym has is 120 lbs which I did six shrugs of before my grip failed, so I thought I was looking pretty good.
    Looks like I better concentrate on my barbell shrugs.

Zombot on
  • Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tube- What were the total rest times and weight #'s for the other lift for the superset?

I did 4 broken 400's today, which left me feeling trashed seeing as I squatted yesterday. Its a paced 300m, rest 30 seconds, then a 100. 300 in 39-42, 100 in under 13.

I scrapped the upper body lifting and did a light recovery circuit instead.

I'm fucking beat.

Jyardana on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

And now my ego deflates.
    I saw that the heaviest dumbbell my gym has is 120 lbs which I did six shrugs of before my grip failed, so I thought I was looking pretty good.
    Looks like I better concentrate on my barbell shrugs.

only way to get more weight is to use a shrug machine

the movement is so limited I think a machine might not be a terrible terrible thing here

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    There isn't a shrug machine at the gym, unless you mean smith machine.

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, a smith machine would work for that, but my main question why the heavy focus on shrugs?

Jyardana on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The other option is to work them into the deadlifts.

Really though shrugs aren't an ideal shoulder excersise you are better going off with some kind of overhead press.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Callius wrote: »
    100 1lb dumbbells.
    The image of him trying to hold 100 tiny dumbbells made me laugh.

Maybe I'm just tired.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Shrugs are ideal for just holding a lot of weight. I've seen so many mass-building programs incorporate heavy shrugs just because there are not a lot of exercises that call for 500 lbs of weight.

the wook on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    also I had to cut my run short today because of runner's rash

and i tell you what, the only time you feel less manly than when you can't run 'cause your nipples hurt is when you get back and rub vasoline all over them

the wook on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    also I had to cut my run short today because of runner's rash

and i tell you what, the only time you feel less manly than when you can't run 'cause your nipples hurt is when you get back and rub vasoline all over them

Now I'm picturing that bit in The Office where Andy's nipples start bleeding from running

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    not that bad

feels like a moderate-to-bad board rash right now

the wook on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    not that bad

feels like a moderate-to-bad board rash right now

From experience, if your nipples fit under bandaids, bandaid that shit up man. Your nips will feel great and you won't have to cut your run short from rubbing them raw.

If your nipples don't fit under bandaids, consider a sex change.

Jyardana on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i was considering buying pasties

besides i am way too hairy to want to put band-aids on my chest

the wook on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    man, i have the tiniest nipples.

like, the nipple and aureola can hide behind a dime
    tinnnnnnyyyyyy

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i have relatively normal sized type nipples that are just very unhappy right now

the wook on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i was considering buying pasties

besides i am way too hairy to want to put band-aids on my chest

cooked-pasties.jpg
    ?

redfenix on
  • Options