As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lost Odyssey - 360 - 56k go away!- ZOMG OUT NOW

1596061626365»

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If anyone knows where to trigger the new dream with the DLC that came out today, could you post it? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's
    On Disk 4 after you have the "full" party, head to the Uhra castle and it should trigger on the bridge on the way in

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    CorsairCorsair Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey so I just hit disc 4, and want to do some levelling. My party is roughly level 38'ish. Where shall I head to gain some experience?

Also,
    When does Numara open up again? Pretty sure I still cannot go there.

Corsair on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Corsair:
    Go back to Uhra and go to Gongora's Mansion. When you enter the mansion go left, and that should take you outside. There should be a statue out there that you can open with Tolten. Inside there are some zombies you can fight till about 50ish they give you a level per fight.

urahonky on
  • Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Corsair wrote: »
    Hey so I just hit disc 4, and want to do some levelling. My party is roughly level 38'ish. Where shall I head to gain some experience?

Also,
    When does Numara open up again? Pretty sure I still cannot go there.

Numara Atoll is a good place to level up until about level 50. The silver kelolons give you a level a battle until about 45.

For your spoiler that will happen soon, not right at the beginning of the disk. After you get the freedom to travel anywhere you can go to the temple of enlightenment to level up more, although you don't need to after about 45-50 right now.

Edit: Or what honky said, that way it is plot related as well.

Pemulis on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Cool, thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out Gongora's Mansion. I had completely forgotten about Numara Atoll, as I remember stumbling upon it way back on disc 1-2 and getting my ass handed to me.

Corsair on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I really wouldn't recommend the Atoll.

It's a good place, pre-disk 3 to level up your characters to about 48 (at 48 you start getting 8xp a fight, 47 it's 18, you stop getting a level per at 40, but up till 45 it's about 2-3 fights per level), but once you're on disk 4 (there's nowhere to stop on disk3 for leveling) there are soooooo many better places to level. Honestly, just about anywhere on Disk 4, that's "new" will take you to 50-55ish, after that you really need to do the Temple of Enlightenment for 55-99.

ANYWAY, the reason the Atoll is so bad, and only worthwhile to make your guys stupid strong for disk 2/3, is that there are two types of enemies. One, the aforementioned Silver Kelelons, which ideally are great, they're a level per fight as mentioned above for awhile, and they're 8SP per kill, which is amazing for anywhere in the game. However, they run 90% of the time, gamble is the only spell that can hit them with any regularity, and unless you have Reduce Casting 1&2 (and sometimes not even then), you can't get a spell off before they run; what happens is you'll have a half a dozen fights in a row where you don't get a thing except time wasted because the damn Kelelons just runrunrunrun. It's irritating. The other type of monster are the Hellshakers who, while give the exact same xp as the Kelelons, have over 9k HP and do an assload of damage prior to level 45ish. And they only give 2SP, and 200gold. Those guys are more trouble than they're worth.

So in summary, assuming you run from the hellshakers (because if you can kill them with ease on disk 4, which you should really, you can handle enemies that are far less irritating with as good or better rewards), you're just praying to get a Silver Kelelon battle, and then you're praying that at least one doesn't run, which is also fairly rare.

It's a pretty frustrating place to level overall and again, unless you just want to cheese through Disk 2/3 (which is understandable), I'd just skip it entirely and push through to the far better leveling places.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A good way to abuse the Numara Atoll is right after you get Gamble, then you can use Casting Support (I think that's what it's called, the skill that speed's up other caster's spells) with Kaim and Seth in order to have two Gambles hit before they can even try to run. And then have Turn Tail equipped to escape the Hellshakers. It works wonders to power level at that point.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So, Double SP,
    I took Urahonky's advice and am currently levelling up in Gongora's mansion. I seem to be making 10 SP per fight with or without Double SP equipped. What's the deal, am I missing something here?

Corsair on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yes, those groups of zombies are all around good. In every enemy group each enemy has a point value, it just happens that those zombies are worth 2pts each.

Double SP is kind of silly, to be honest, I thought. Except for Sed, most all the mortals skills are 20-40 points at most, and most of the accessory skills are ~20 points. By the time I got Sed I already had pretty much across the board every accessory skill for all my Immortals, and most all of the Mortal skills; and that was spending little to no time "grinding" at any point in the game. So when I had access to DoubleSP, the only person I benefited from it was learning Seds skills themselves, because so many are 50-100pt skills. It's kind of a waste and depressing to be honest.

Though, if for some reason you didn't really care throughout the game about getting skills, it would make "catching up" pretty easy. You'd be learning a skill per battle pretty much with Double SP and you could fill out your list in a couple hours.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    A good way to abuse the Numara Atoll is right after you get Gamble, then you can use Casting Support (I think that's what it's called, the skill that speed's up other caster's spells) with Kaim and Seth in order to have two Gambles hit before they can even try to run. And then have Turn Tail equipped to escape the Hellshakers. It works wonders to power level at that point.

Just make sure you go to Numara Atoll after you get the White Boa. Once you get the White Boa, head down to the queen's quarters and to the harp. Head to Numara Atoll afterwards to beat a boss and get the nifty +10 skill slot accessory.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    It's amazing how much faster you blow through the game when you start with your immortals at 50 and skip every single cutscene.

Disk 3 is actually amazingly short. But all the movies makes it take 10x as long.

I'm guessing you could probably easily blow through the entire game in 15 or so hours.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Looking on xbox.com seems there's been a new DLC achievement added, any idea how much it's worth/what you have to do to get it?

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The achievement isn't on this DLC, there's one coming with a dungeon that just came out in Japan on the 10th; we'll probably get it late May I would imagine.

Judging from 360achivements.org it's worth 90 points and looks like 5 achievements. Seems like an odd number. Anyway, it sounds like one of those "deep" dungeons with a hard boss at the end.

P.S. Whoever I told it was normal to get 10sp from the zombies in gongoras mansion, it's not. If you were getting that someone had doubleSP. I was wrong, just finished it myself last night.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I finally finished this on the weekend.
    I was enjoying it until I got Mack and Cooke. After multiple cutscenes of them wandering around going, "Hey mom. Hey, it's mom. Stop crying Mack." I got a bit fed up. Then to cap it off, at the end Sed (who was previously awesome, at least compared to Mack) starts going "hey mom. You aren't dead so I don't know how you got here but hi."

I see why everyone was complaining about the ending a few pages back.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Im about to be finished I think, one way or another. I grinded myself up to
    50 in gongoras basement. Is this high enough for the final boss? 44 wasnt previously when I tried the first boss in the hall of mirrors) Everything I read says to go to the tower of enlightenment, but that its long and I wont get out till im 70+. I just spend probably 3-4 hours grinding in gongora's fucking basement in a game that up until this very last fight punishes you for trying to grind out levels. It makes no sense to me. I was just strapping on anti spell stuff, and hoping for the best, and now im gonna try it again I guess, anyone want to let me know it isnt possible with another 10 levels or anything before I beat my head against a wall? If so Ill just go sell the game. Its fun but my expectations became shot at this fight where all of a sudden I have to go find a place to level that isnt even hinted at.

I dont want to sound negative about the game, it was well worth the purchase and Ive enjoyed it, but yeah....

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Sorry, I don't know what else to say but, you did it wrong. There's really no reason to grind in Gongoras Secret Cave unless you're far below 50 when you get to that point. (I.E. it's a good place to get all your guys caught up right at the beginning of Disk 4 before you do the Temple of Ancients and Numara)

You can handle the outside of the Temple of Enlightenment as low as 45; meaning before you stop getting 1 level per battle in the Basement. Here, with double XP you'll get about a level every battle or two to 60, and after that if you go into the temple, you start getting a level a battle or two till the mid-70's, and after that you can still get a level a battle on the Hellish Kelelons in the last area (2 at a time) of the temple, pretty much all the way to 99.

In summary, you could probably get to level 99 in less time than it took you to get to 50 in that damned basement.

It sucks you wasted all that time, but it had been mentioned a lot that the temple is the place to go for levels, hands down. (Once you have access to it)

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I found that the levels don't come as freely in the Temple of Enlightenment as advertised. I came out of there with 2 characters at level 62 (Kaim and Ming) and the rest about 54. They 54s kept dying, so they got no exp. Even with Sed's double exp skill it was still taking 3-4 battles to gain a level for Kaim and Ming. The other would gain one with 1-2 battles. Though, now I think about it. My situation may be to blame for this lack of levelingousity.

Levels aren't really needed, just the right skills.

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Did you actually run around for all the treasure eskimo? I went in at about level 55ish and came out around level 70ish.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ah, I didn't realize Double SP only had to be equipped on one character.

Corsair on
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ToyD wrote: »
    Did you actually run around for all the treasure eskimo? I went in at about level 55ish and came out around level 70ish.

yeah, i got everything.

I pretty much 2 manned Sorcerer Fu.

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dungeon DLC tomorrow:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/l/lostodyssey/dungeon.htm

This is the one with the extra 100 gamerscore.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Disc 4 won't load.

Do I have any recourse here or am I utterly boned?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Disc 4 won't load.

I think several people had problems with disk 4. If you look back few pages I think one guy had 3 different disk 4's sent to him (and once the entire game again). So, it's worth a try to call and ask for a replacement.

Pemulis on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Pemulis wrote: »
    Disc 4 won't load.

I think several people had problems with disk 4. If you look back few pages I think one guy had 3 different disk 4's sent to him (and once the entire game again). So, it's worth a try to call and ask for a replacement.

Call who?

Xbox support is staffed by people from India who don't understand me and can't help me.

Fred Meyer refuses to exchange the game once its been opened.

I'm not trying to be snippy, I'm just a little pissed off.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Disc 4 won't load.

Call who?

Xbox support is staffed by people from India who don't understand me and can't help me.

Microsoft has a disc replacement program, and most retail stores I know of will take back software if its damaged, even if it is open. Not familiar with that particular store though. And not all MS call center employees are in India; just most of them. Try a few times and you should get someone who speaks fluent english.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I haven't read this thread, but I got the game and does anybody else think that Mack looks really like Ico?

Muramasa18 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Evangir wrote: »
    Disc 4 won't load.

Call who?

Microsoft has a disc replacement program, and most retail stores I know of will take back software if its damaged, even if it is open. Not familiar with that particular store though. And not all MS call center employees are in India; just most of them. Try a few times and you should get someone who speaks fluent english.

In looking back through the thread it was Houn that this happened to. He said he called microsoft, so I'm assuming it's their disk replacement program. I'd give this a shot.

You could try PM'ing Houn and seeing who he called, or maybe he'll check in on this thread.

Pemulis on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Disc 4 won't load.

Call who?

Take it to WalMart and exchange it for another one. I had to do that with my copy of Mass Effect.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Okay, the following options were considered:

1. Rent from Blockbuster, swap out disc 4, return.
    2. Rent from Gamefly, swap out disc 4, return.
    3. Yell at people in the nearest big box store until they give me what I want

Eventually I went with the undiagnosed 4th option of "Go to Target and exchange the game using my brother's reciept since he bought the game too." This was done because it's easier, cheaper, and not quite as big of a douchebag move as the first three.

Anyway, I'm through the opening cutscene and some general wandering around with no problems yet.

As an aside, the game is still awesome.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This thread is awesome. GG me.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh yeah, I beat this. It was fun, but I won't be playing it again anytime soon. Well, I don't most games again after I beat them, or at least until a year or more later, sometimes many years. Might put it up on Goozex or something after my brother plays it though. Besides, I don't see as how a new dungeon would be worth $5, unless that dungeon is a lot of fun and super awesome.

Schide on
  • Options
    ZidicusZidicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I haven't played this in a while, but I really enjoyed it. Still gotta find the last 2 goddamn seeds. It's gonna take forever considering I have to go through the list all over again.

Zidicus on
    Zidicus.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I missed one seed. I saw what the reward what and said fuck that. Although if there's an achievement involved...oh wait, I could care less about gamerscore points.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So you could care less? Or you couldn't care less?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh I could care less I suppose. I care about achievement points more than, let's say, the NBA. Or GTA4. Or...San Francisco.

But yes, I meant to put down the correct expression "couldn't care less". Happy now?

Schide on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    Oh I could care less I suppose. I care about achievement points more than, let's say, the NBA. Or GTA4. Or...San Francisco.

But yes, I meant to put down the correct expression "couldn't care less". Happy now?

Yes. Now my life is complete.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, has anyone tried the new DLC dungeon? Worth getting? My xbox is in for repair of RROD and dunno when I'll see it again. Want to know if I should get this when i get it back.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png