Options

[Democratic Primaries]: The End of the Beginning

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why do we still have an embargo on Cuba when we have open trade with Red China and the Soviet Union is no more? Bueller?

Because the Cuban community is a big bloc of votes.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why do we still have an embargo on Cuba when we have open trade with Red China and the Soviet Union is no more? Bueller?

So they're voting against the interests of their family members who are still in Cuba. Awesome.

MKR on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

No it is because they are dirty red Commies.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

In Florida, no less. I still say the fastest way to win the Presidency would be to promise to nuke Florida.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

In Florida, no less. I still say the fastest way to win the Presidency would be to promise to nuke Florida.

Do you really think America would get behind a president who would nuke Disney World?

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ohtsam wrote: »

Do you really think America would get behind a president who would nuke Disney World?

We're just helping the imagineers create a new themepark. It'd be kinda like Tommorrowland, only if things went horribly awry in the not too distant future of 1978.

moniker on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    While on Bill, there is an interview with him in People of all things, in which he says:
    Q: If Obama is the nominee, what will you and Hillary do to unite the party?
    A: There have been some rumbles about leaving this party divided but not one of them has come out of our camp. Not one. Ever. She is our family's leader on political matters now. I'll follow her lead. Our life has been rich and good and full and will be. And we love our country and want the best for it.
    What does that first sentence even mean? I've been trying to parse it, but I really can't make anything of it other than possibly the implication that Obama's people are being divisive.

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    LionLion Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

It would be appreciated if there would be a warning for a video that will auto-play and resize my window.

Unrelated but spoiler'd for blind hatred about Cuba:
    I'm also for fucking over the Cuban "exiles" in Miami that don't want normalization between the US and Cuba because fuck them. Yes, I know you hate Castro but that doesn't mean that hate gets to decide doctrine. Fuck you, your asylum, quick path to permanent residency and citizenship.

Lion on
    PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »
    While on Bill, an interview with him in People, of all things, in which he says this:
    Q: If Obama is the nominee, what will you and Hillary do to unite the party?
    A: There have been some rumbles about leaving this party divided but not one of them has come out of our camp. Not one. Ever. She is our family's leader on political matters now. I'll follow her lead. Our life has been rich and good and full and will be. And we love our country and want the best for it.
    What does that first sentence even mean? Is he really suggesting that it's Obama's people who are being divisive?

Of course he is. It's the pro-Obama people calling for Clinton to leave the race, for the most part. He has a point there. No one from the Clinton camp is accusing her of being a divider because that would run counter to their entire narrative.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Lion wrote: »

It would be appreciated if there would be a warning for a video that will auto-play and resize my window.

Seriously. I wasn't going to say anything but since someone else did, requisite bolding and liming.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    It did not do it to me using Opera at a resolution of 1280 by 960. My appologies for your inconveniance.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It did not do it to me using Opera at a resolution of 1280 by 960. My appologies for your inconveniance.

Opera must have some kinda thing that doesn't let webpages resize its window or something, is all.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh and if any of you have a chance to catch it, watch the HBO film Recount about the 2000 Florida recount. It actually does a good job of portraying both sides. Laura Dern's playing of Katherine Harris seems spot on and almost makes her look human in some instances.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    She must be a damn good actress.

moniker on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Oh and if any of you have a chance to catch it, watch the HBO film Recount about the 2000 Florida recount. It actually does a good job of portraying both sides. Laura Dern's playing of Katherine Harris seems spot on and almost makes her look human in some instances.

It's not that spot on then, is it? :P

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Opera must have some kinda thing that doesn't let webpages resize its window or something, is all.

So does Firefox. Just type "about:config" in the address bar then hit "resize" in the search filter. Change the boolean from false to true.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    zerg rush wrote: »

So does Firefox. Just type "about:config" in the address bar then hit "resize" in the search filter. Change the boolean from false to true.
    It's Satan so he might be using Safari.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

I had to turn it off after the first hour. I was just really depressed by it, but it was definitely quality.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, Evelyn Pringle, how I missed you.

Headline: Final Chapter - Curtain Time for Barack Obama

Time to first mention of Obama in article: 7 paragraphs. Time to first implication of wrongdoing for Obama: 23 paragraphs.

THAT IS SOME COMPELLING JOURNALISM, MZ. PRINGLE!!!#

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Draco, what the hell was that?

That article is a bad mix of really confusing mish-mash of facts with tin-foil theories, shoddy journalism plus crappy writing to boot.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    And Obama is mentioned in the 7th paragraph.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Being a douche is not something Lieberman does

Being a douche is a state of being which Lieberman exists in

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    moniker wrote: »

We're just helping the imagineers create a new themepark. It'd be kinda like Tommorrowland, only if things went horribly awry in the not too distant future of 1978.

You almost described Rapture.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, Evelyn Pringle, how I missed you.

Headline: Final Chapter - Curtain Time for Barack Obama

Time to first mention of Obama in article: 23 paragraphs.

THAT IS SOME COMPELLING JOURNALISM, MZ. PRINGLE!!!#

What the shit is that? If half the stuff listed in the article was true, Obama would be murdered by the press and Clinton. Instead most of her statements are contradicted by her own statements a paragraph later (most of his $100,000 senate bid was donated by Rezko, who donated $2,000 to his senate bid!)

kildy on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cantido wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »

You almost described Rapture.

Too bad the world keeps on not ending.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    To a certain extent I think a political candidate needs to have a handle on even "unfair" attacks on them. In the current atmosphere we can't expect the other guys to play "nice", not if you have a D after your name on the ballot.

Regardless, I don't think it was the attacks that killed Clinton. She was out campaigned, out planned, and out messaged. Any of these failings are enough to look elsewhere, all three is a death sentence.

I can understand that, DA, but sexist/racist attacks have repercussions that reverberate beyond the campaign at hand - they send a message to those communities that they aren't full members of society. That's what makes them so odious. And they should be opposed on those grounds.

But, I do think you're right - I feel that the accusations of sexism being the nails in the Clinton campaign's coffin are extremely misguided and an attempt to evade legitimate discussion of her weaknesses.

Oddly enough, the accusations that sexism being the nails in the coffin, could end up being the nails in the Clinton campaign's coffin, as the accusations drive away those who have reasonable complaints with Clinton's behavior.

I'm not one of those.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    But it does make it very hard for the supporters who do buy into it to turn away from her.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

It's not that spot on then, is it? :P

Yeah, but it is. You have to remember that we're not talking robots; we're talking about human beings. They (conservatives of that time) believe just as strongly in their convictions as the other guys.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    zerg rush wrote: »

It's Satan so he might be using Safari.

The truth! Once I saw how fast Safari was, Firefox was a forgotten memory for me.

Satan. on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Lord of Darkness uses a Mac/Mac products? Interesting.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    The Lord of Darkness uses a Mac/Mac products? No surprise.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    A hurr hurr. iMac and MacBook Air, yes. I don't want to derail though... if you actually wanna talk Mac stuff, there is an awesome thread in Moe's tech subforum / gay orgy.

Satan. on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Arde wrote: »

That article is a bad mix of really confusing mish-mash of facts with tin-foil theories, shoddy journalism plus crappy writing to boot.

Evelyn Pringle is a whacked-out nutjob that posts Rezko-Obama conspiracy stories from a New Zealand-based website and then defends her work with sock puppets on various blogs like MyDD.

And I totally missed the Obama reference in the 7th paragraph, Kung Fu. Serves me right for having my eyes glaze over when she completely ignored all journalistic standards and integrity.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Arde wrote: »

Evelyn Pringle is a whacked-out nutjob that posts Rezko-Obama conspiracy stories from a New Zealand-based website and then defends her work with sock puppets on various blogs like MyDD.

And I totally missed the Obama reference in the 7th paragraph, Kung Fu. Serves me right for having my eyes glaze over when she completely ignored all journalistic standards and integrity.

It's alright. I didn't bother reading much of the dribble, but in the interest of accuracy I checked for Obama. Not trying to defend that article or nothin'

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey, so I just saw some footage of Clinton at a Puerto Rico rally on CNN. It showed her challenging Obama to another debate.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Moar debates! YES! YES!

Satan. on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Obama's supposedly crippling problem among with working class voters (read: those suffering from Appalachianism)? Apparently not so much a problem

werehippy on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Omeks wrote: »
    Hey, so I just saw some footage of Clinton at a Puerto Rico rally on CNN. It showed her challenging Obama to another debate.

after the ABC debacle I think that is very unlikely to happen

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Omeks wrote: »

after the ABC debacle I think that is very unlikely to happen

Well, that and the fact there's no point arguing with the politically walking dead.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    But 21 debates just isn't enough! I barely know their positions on anything!

moniker on
This discussion has been closed.