As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 5/21/2008

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's just that when she does it with living matter, the effect manifests itself as 'fatty-go-boom.'

Fatty explosions are a verifiable scientific fact.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    In those scans, that wasn't misfit though... the other chick was borrowing her powers?

Do I need to start reading BoP now?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I wish Birds of Prey had more secret identity stuff. I like secret identities.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Darth Nat wrote: »
    I feel like Spoiler is one of those characters I'd be afraid to admit to liking in public since the majority of her fans are such raving psychopathic retards. But really, this whole thing just highlights that comic fans are comic fans, no matter the gender.

Being a female Spoiler fan is hard. People make assumptions. But then I'm a feminist and people make really weird assumptions about that too.

As for retarded arguments from people utterly obsessed with "their" character to the point of losing all sense of reason... well, the first forums I posted on were Buffy centric. I don't think any level of utterly stupid un-logic could surprise me at this point.

Still really annoyed that some Spoiler fans are so negative about her comeback already though.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    bobgorila wrote: »
    In those scans, that wasn't misfit though... the other chick was borrowing her powers?

That's Black Alice. She can temporarily steal the magical abilities of others. Which proves Misfit's abilities are magical in origin, although Misfit claims to know nothing about this.

And fuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk I forgot Birds of Prey. Fuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkk. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    "Faked their death," is my favorite means of resurrection. I mean, it's at least moderately conceivable.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    Especially in this case, since it fixes a problem most people had with the original story.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I feel like Spoiler is one of those characters I'd be afraid to admit to liking in public since the majority of her fans are such raving psychopathic retards. But really, this whole thing just highlights that comic fans are comic fans, no matter the gender.

Being a female Spoiler fan is hard. People make assumptions. But then I'm a feminist and people make really weird assumptions about that too.

As for retarded arguments from people utterly obsessed with "their" character to the point of losing all sense of reason... well, the first forums I posted on were Buffy centric. I don't think any level of utterly stupid un-logic could surprise me at this point.

Still really annoyed that some Spoiler fans are so negative about her comeback already though.

so what you're saying is

you're a mod at the girl wonder.org forums

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

so what you're saying is

Would you believe I'd never even heard of the forum? This is the only comic forum I post at.

Maybe I should mod there, but no way I'd have time.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    No do not got there

it is a terrible place

I will not have that on my conscience

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Um. Okay then.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

That's Black Alice. She can temporarily steal the magical abilities of others. Which proves Misfit's abilities are magical in origin, although Misfit claims to know nothing about this.

And fuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk I forgot Birds of Prey. Fuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkk. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow.

I thought she looked familiar, I am glad to see Black Alice getting some play in more books.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    kdrudy wrote: »

I thought she looked familiar, I am glad to see Black Alice getting some play in more books.

more books as opposed to what

Birds of Prey was the book that introduced her way back during Gail Simone's run.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    kdrudy wrote: »

more books as opposed to what

Birds of Prey was the book that introduced her way back during Gail Simone's run.

My bad, I did not realize that. The first place I had seen her was in Day of Vengeance helping Shadowpact.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's just that when she does it with living matter, the effect manifests itself as 'fatty-go-boom.'

Fatty explosions are a verifiable scientific fact.

you're not a real scientist, are you

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

so what you're saying is

Would you believe I'd never even heard of the forum? This is the only comic forum I post at.

Maybe I should mod there, but no way I'd have time.

I

I have an account there

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Is it as scary a place as Balefuego says?

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Not particularly, I don't think. They're focussed, yes, and verrrrry passionate about what they see as being wrong with comics, but probably not more so than other fan groups. F'r instance:

"We still have the white-washing of Vixen, Black Canary's horrible characterization beneath Judd Winnik's pen, Catwoman actually ASKING to get rid of her daughter and be mind-wiped, Teen Titans #1, AND that horrible scene out of the current Teen Titans where Miss Martian had to fight off a potential rapist in the bathroom. There's still horrible writing, and art, for women in comics, and those examples were just from DC, let alone what Marvel's doing."

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Actually sounds like it could be an interesting place to visit.

Poor little Helena! I miss Helena :(

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    the best woman in comics is clearly Titania

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    But Helena is so adoreable!

"Baa! Baa! Baa mun! Baa mun!" Awww! *melts*

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It's nice to know that there's a place on the internet for me if I ever feel the need to complain about what they did to Jubilee.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    but no one cares about Jubilee

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I mean jesus I grew up on the X-Men cartoon and read nothing but X-books as a kid and even I dont give a shit about Jubilee

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I liked Jubilee

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Did you read Generation X? Because that's the real decider of whether or not you like the character.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Did you read Generation X?

clearly you are unaware of my undying love for Paige Guthrie

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dare I ask... what did they do to Jubilee?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    she's in that completley inconsequential New Warriors series

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh, complete with augmented strength and boobage?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    well the strength is explained at least

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    What was that explanation, by the way? I'm afraid I dropped it fairly quickly.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Um I forget exactly how they did it but they all got new powers for themselves so they could still be superheros even if they werent mutants anymore.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think they just gave everyone super-tech.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    yeah that sounds right

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yea, they are all using tech swiped from other heroes and villians from the past.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Which is actually kind of a cool premise.

But man did it fall apart quick.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I dont think it's bad

just completley and utterly generic.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It's boring, There are about a billion ways to make it a fantastic book, and they used none of them. It's a disappointment.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So..
    Batgirl finally has her lil buddy back?

Nice.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile