Options

Gods and Mortals [Phalla] - Game Over: Village Victory!

• Options
    UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Roommate, huh, what kind of role is that? I will Vote Fuzzy (Look at that BOLD!) as a placeholder until a more compelling case can be made for someone else.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ultarune wrote: »
    Roommate, huh, what kind of role is that? I will Vote Fuzzy (Look at that BOLD!) as a placeholder until a more compelling case can be made for someone else.

Well to be frank it'd be impossible for you to not know who your roommate was.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay, I'm off to bed. Catch you all in the morning. If you think you should have gotten a PM about something (maybe I have forgotten to get back to you?), remind me.

Thanks.

LaOs on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well shit.

Greeper on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, roommate sounds like a family or mason type of role.

durax on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, my goodness, Fuzzy lived, and 3 died. Hmm, I may be a bit paranoid her, I'll expect a Fuzzy vote for me soon. Just don't try to creep up on me, though.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think Fuzzy is just a villager, but I have no problem
    !voting FCC because it may lead to information about people listed who acted to save him.

(I realize I am on that list, but I only acted to avoid a tie.)

durax on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    !Durax

You stop it right now.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    durax wrote: »
    !voting FCC because it may lead to information about people listed who acted to save him.

I'm going to have to !vote Durax because this is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen, in the history of my seeing things.

Why would you even want to avoid a tie if you're just going to kill both people anyway? My mind is slowly dying trying to wrap around any possibly valid reasoning for this. I'd imagine it's because there isn't one. You basically just saved him from the vote in order to throw him to it the next day. Way to waste everyone's time, I guess?

I guess you get a pass on this one if you're a bad guy trying keep the vote tied up in slaughtering innocents. Otherwise, I scorn you so much.

---

Reading over that, I have some poorly chosen language, and I apologize. No offense meant, mtvcdm. Not trying to flaunt my eyesight, honest.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    HilgerHilger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    durax wrote: »

I'm going to have to !vote Durax because this is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen, in the history of my seeing things.

Why would you even want to avoid a tie if you're just going to kill both people anyway? My mind is slowly dying trying to wrap around any possibly valid reasoning for this. I'd imagine it's because there isn't one. You basically just saved him from the vote in order to throw him to it the next day. Way to waste everyone's time, I guess?

I guess you get a pass on this one if you're a bad guy trying keep the vote tied up in slaughtering innocents. Otherwise, I scorn you so much.

---

Reading over that, I have some poorly chosen language, and I apologize. No offense meant, mtvcdm. Not trying to flaunt my eyesight, honest.
    This post is way too logical.

!Frosteey

Hilger on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    This may be the alcohol talking but I do believe Durax was attempting to mislead the village. At least his statement seems that way. Consider how many days we would have wasted following his tangent?

Keep this lead strong and if it fails then I will gladly take the blame but I have previously stated I am nothing more than a villager.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The OP say that ties are not in the best interest of the village, I acted to preserve the best interest of the village. If that is worth scorn, I can accept it (we don't know what the tied vote would have accomplished).

Voting for FCC for information doesn't seem dumb to me as I think there was a definite reaction to him being band wagoned, and if we learn his alignment that points to the likely alignment of those who tried to save him.

If there are better leads I am certainly willing to listen.

durax on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there are too many non-fcc votes for his death to really help us.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I !vote stew_stick because stealing part of my name is treason, and underscores are not cool.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Well since vote's closed I might as well tell everyone that I vigged LewieP's Mum.

She was up to no good.
    This is a joke. If I were the vig, I wouldn't tell you fucks.
    omg tube is gonna ban you so hard

Vote TehSpectre

Cos even after I googled it, I still don't know what vigged means, but I'm sure its not pleasant!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Vigged is short hand for vigilante killed.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=57730

The first post goes over the basics, including vigilantes. The vigilante is commonly a person who has the same win condition as the village, who is able to pm the moderator the name of one person he wants to kill each night. Whereas the mafia, who are attempting to kill enough of the village to control the vote and win, and also commonly have 1 or 2 kills each night, would not be referred to as vig kills.

Sometime vigilantes will reveal their target after vote close, but before narration, in order to definitivly prove to everyone that they are in fact the vigilante, or at least in contact with the vigilante. From that point, they can create a network of good specials and control the vote, since people who go against the vote of a confirmed good vigilante run the risk of being singled out, correctly or not, as evil.

Of course, Tehspectre was joking, since it is a faux pas to kill someone on the first night of their first phalla since it could turn them off of the games, and new blood is both needed and welcomed here.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thank you, Ultarune. Well, I was right, it wouldn't have been pleasant. Mean old TehSpectre, still kill him - he's one less for me to worry about trying to get me.
    Hmm, pm to Tube?
    Nah, I'll save that for when I really need it.

Or am i just being paranoid? I'm sure people want me dead, maybe I should work out how to protect myself better. Alliances? Vote rigging? Offering favours of a certain kind?
    Clearly I mean the making of pretty, red sparkly things for people, not anything else.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    and new blood is both needed and welcomed here.

Oh, no, maybe Ultarune is out to get me as well. D:D:D:D:D:

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    New blood meaning fresh people interested in playing, not blood spilled, although we have plenty of that as well. I'm actually a villager this game, so as long as you aren't evil we have no problems. I actually don't know which is more fun, being a special who changes the game every day through his actions, or the freedom of being a villager; being able to say whatever you want, call out anybody you want, and heck, if you die for it, be it the vote or mafia kill, at least they didn't get a good special!

Ultarune on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ah, but how can I believe you that you're a villager, you might be a baddie, trying to lull me into a false sense of security, so that I tell you my role and then get killed cos you're really a baddie and I'm a seer?!

Or i could just be lying myself, and be something aweful.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Well I didn't actually ask your role, but you are correct, there is absolutely the possiblity that I am evil, and as long as you maintain a healthy skeptisim about everything anyone says, you will go far. Hence the importance of the reveal verification in my previous post. The vigilante can CONFIRM his identity by calling his kill after vote close/before narration (well, close to confirm, a fake would have a 1/39 chance of guessing the right answer, assuming the vig didn't go after the vote leader, but if they called it wrong, they'd definitely be dead).

Also, a seer can confirm themselves to someone they have targeted by telling the person their role (again, assuming that the seer results in that particular game are that specific, not just good/bad, and again, the person has a 1/39 chance of guessing correctly, but if wrong, they will be outed and likely killed).

Ultarune on
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Just to clarify, roomate is a masonary role. Now whoever killed off my roomie please step forward now for beatings and red votes.

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Which of the three was your roomie? Also, do you have any evidence that you were a mason? I don't particularly like the People killed listed : Roles killed listed approach, its anti-network which I think is a fun part of phallas, oh well.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Which of the three was your roomie? Also, do you have any evidence that you were a mason? I don't particularly like the People killed listed : Roles killed listed approach, its anti-network which I think is a fun part of phallas, oh well.

Well, you typically find out the role anyway, right? I mean, it's not that big a deal.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »

Well, you typically find out the role anyway, right? I mean, it's not that big a deal.

How so? Anybody can claim to be a mason partner of one of those three now, and even if they had knowledge of their imminent death, they wouldn't be able to confirm their mason partner since we don't know which of the three is the mason, since they can't be confirmed. Its just a personal preference, I prefer the cut and dryness of name and role reveal on death, I'm sure there are people who prefer the added element of uncertainty of the shuffling of the reveals.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, but a mason without a partner is just a villager. In fact, I'd be suspicious of anyone coming out of the woodwork to declare themselves the roommate of the late whoever.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, my spreadsheet is developing nicely, along with my paranoia - its now colour coded, with all sorts of stuff, that may or may not be useful, who knows. If I can just survive tonight's mayhem I might be safe for a bit.
    Rats to living in the Greenwich Mean Time zone, but if anyone ventures over to the UK, a visit to Greenwich is crucial - very pretty, and, as well as having skied down the Continental Divide in Colorado, I've also stood straddling the time line in Greenwich, and the East/West divide in Istanbul!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, but a mason without a partner is just a villager. In fact, I'd be suspicious of anyone coming out of the woodwork to declare themselves the roommate of the late whoever.

My point exactly, we've just lost the security that can come from a mason pair.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

My point exactly, we've just lost the security that can come from a mason pair.

But you lose that anyway if one member of the pair dies. In fact, we gained the security of knowing that one of them is dead.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh godsdammit. Day 1 ouster.

...actually kind of works out for me. Frees me up for a trip to Middleton to take a run at getting on Feingold's staff. (And I will be bringing the All-Star team. If I've got a trump card, that's it.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Or am i just being paranoid? I'm sure people want me dead, maybe I should work out how to protect myself better.[/SPOILER]

I think you're just being paranoid. Nobody really wants anyone else dead, unless they're acting really suspicious.

If that happens, you'll know it :P

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    more importantly, nobody wants LewieP's Mummy dead. Specifically. It's like a built-in special.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What was all that vote changing at the end there?

I go take a nap because I'm not feeling well and shit blows up.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It made sense yesterday, and nothing has changed, so !fuzzy. Anytime someone ducks a bandwagon for no reason other than "random" people all spontaneously deciding en masse to vote for the runner up, especially when it's first day with no information, it's suspicious.

No guarantees, but without anything better to go on this seems like the best play.

werehippy on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So TehSpectre called a vigilante kill on LewieP's mom (brave boy!), and it turns out that she's still alive today.

So either

a) someone was protecting LewieP's mom (unless Tube has a default guard in this phalla :P)
    b) TS is lying for some reason.

I'm thinking that a) is more reasonable at this point.

What to do about this? Hard to say... TehSpectre is crafty. Normally I'd say "lets seer TS and make sure he's a good guy and lay off the votes", but I hardly know what he'd do if he was some sort of thrall (role that doesn't seer as evil but is evil).

For now, I'll just vote !FCC. Durax has immunity from my vote for the time being from saving me from that song in my head yesterday... Trying very hard not to think about which one, lest it come back and haunt me.

Edit- NOTHING TO SEE HERE- MOVE ALONG...

El Skid on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll vote !fuzzy again, at least until someone can offer better reasoning.

Also, I guess an even-odd day thing or something is going on. It's kinda odd only two people would die outside the vote, given all the gods in the game.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Skid...

Spec specifically said he was joking, in the very post that he "called" a vig kill.

So I think I'll have to go with option b).

:lol:

James on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    No. No, I think he's on to something...

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    Durax has immunity from my vote for the time being from saving me from that song in my head yesterday... Trying very hard not to think about which one, lest it come back and haunt me.
    The mango song is better than the badger one anyway.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    James wrote: »
    Skid...

Spec specifically said he was joking, in the very post that he "called" a vig kill.

So I think I'll have to go with option b).

:lol:

Damn you spoiler tags! *shakes fist*

I should have known noone would try to kill LewieP's mum. :oops:

El Skid on
This discussion has been closed.