Options

Viva Piñata - OUT NOW! Commence the Whacking!

12346»

• Options
    Smarmy LechSmarmy Lech Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Samphis wrote:
    Is there any safe way to just make a garden for growing produce for cash? I want to fence in an area and grow money-makers, but flying pinata just keep coming in and eating it before I can sell it all.

If you break a pinata with your shovel, pinatas of that type will be less inclined to return to your garden.

So you could just brandish your shovel and attack the offenders like some kind of madman. You monster.

Smarmy Lech on
    Cottontail.png
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Samphis wrote:
    Is there any safe way to just make a garden for growing produce for cash? I want to fence in an area and grow money-makers, but flying pinata just keep coming in and eating it before I can sell it all.

If you break a pinata with your shovel, pinatas of that type will be less inclined to return to your garden.

So you could just brandish your shovel and attack the offenders like some kind of madman. You monster.

I don't want to sabotage my other gardens, though. I just want to make money like a goldfarmer so that I can buy happiness. Is that too much to ask?

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Samphis wrote:
    Samphis wrote:

I don't want to sabotage my other gardens, though. I just want to make money like a goldfarmer so that I can buy happiness. Is that too much to ask?

Sorry, I guess I was a bit vague.
    If you were to shovel, say, Taffly in your production garden, he'll be less likely to show up in that garden. Your other gardens should be unaffected.

Smarmy Lech on
    Cottontail.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Samphis wrote:
    Samphis wrote:

I might be wrong, as I haven't tested empirically, but it seems the Watchmen dudes that you can hire scare off wild pinata. At least, I remember trying desperately to get Roario and Elephanilla to stay in my garden, but those fuckers would run up and make their boogity-boo sounds and drive them off. So that might help.

The other (possibly easier) thing to do would be just let the animals eating your crops join your garden. Once they join, they won't eat your stuff, and you don't have to worry about more invaders. And if it's just for gardening, you don't have to worry about building them houses or making them happy or anything.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Houk wrote:
    Samphis wrote:
    Samphis wrote:

I might be wrong, as I haven't tested empirically, but it seems the Watchmen dudes that you can hire scare off wild pinata. At least, I remember trying desperately to get Roario and Elephanilla to stay in my garden, but those fuckers would run up and make their boogity-boo sounds and drive them off. So that might help.

The other (possibly easier) thing to do would be just let the animals eating your crops join your garden. Once they join, they won't eat your stuff, and you don't have to worry about more invaders. And if it's just for gardening, you don't have to worry about building them houses or making them happy or anything.
    How about laying tiki torches next to all your plants? Anything flying by will get scorched. Fun stuff.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Houk wrote:
    Samphis wrote:
    Samphis wrote:

Or just sell the pinata as soon as they become residents.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Houk wrote:
    Samphis wrote:
    Samphis wrote:

But then the wild pinatas will just come back and eat his flowers again.

Smarmy Lech on
    Cottontail.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Houk wrote:
    Samphis wrote:
    Samphis wrote:

But then the wild pinatas will just come back and eat his flowers again.

So there are no fences that keep out flying jerks? Okay. I think I'll be fencing in my garden area with torches, then.

Samphis on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Venus Pinata Traps yield 360 coins per head. Requires a bit of micromanagement, for it is necessary to chop them once they are completely developed.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    ZeenuxZeenux Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm slowly building up my moneys to be able to buy a next gen console, but the 360 is looking good.

Zeenux on
  • Options
    atomicxbladeatomicxblade Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Ok so if you need some cash and if you didn't know this all ready and the tafflys are a pain when then

Spolier:
    Direct your tafflys to a firebrand then once they are on fire they become fire some basically fire flys which sell for 2100 so the price difference is better then selling a normal taffly

I got alot of the pinatas so if you need one if it is not too rare , just send me a Fr on xbl and ill send you it free Gt is the same as username.

atomicxblade on
    atomicxblade.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ok so if you need some cash and if you didn't know this all ready and the tafflys are a pain when then

[spoiler:0c1b46937d]
    Direct your tafflys to a firebrand then once they are on fire they become fire some basically fire flys which sell for 2100 so the price difference is better then selling a normal taffly [/spoiler:0c1b46937d]

I got alot of he pinatas so if you need one if it is not too rare and if i have it just send me a Fr on xbl and ill send you it free Gt is the same as username.

Fully grown chilis sell for 400 per pepper. You can grow ten of them in about one minute, at a price of about 400, so you can net about 3600 coins/minute. I'm working on getting my money up so that I don't have to worry about money for the rest of the game, and can just work on Pinata.

Samphis on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think I also read somewhere that you can make a garden and fill it entirely with poison ivy (which requires no water) and then sell the flowers from that. Seems like it would take the fun out of the game to me, but you could always give that a shot?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    atomicxbladeatomicxblade Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    You also once you get the begger [spoiler:9f8101c816]To be a trader by giving him 1k [/spoiler:9f8101c816] and once you get the birds of paridise seed you plant alot of those there 78 or 79 you use rainbow fertilizer then once its full done its worth 1440 so.

atomicxblade on
    atomicxblade.gif
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i mated a bunch of doetails (deer pinata) till I got the 100k achievements. *shrugs*

also, here's how this forum uses spoiler tags:
    mild spoilers. can also be jokes

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Doenuts, not doetails :P

Houk the Namebringer on