As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Worlds; Oblivion killer? (PC & Xbox360)

124»

• Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    D.T. wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Shit, you could steal that guy? I need to try that. I wouldn't mind having the leader of an evil cult in my backpack.

I meant Mysterium Xarxes.

lolz

Now if only we could put the annoying fan in the backpack.

Or the female gang in Anvil.

:winky:

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bruin wrote:
    Something about the graphics just look off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it.
    The problem is that everything's so generic. There seems to be no creativity whatsoever in the creature designs.

I have a really hard time believing it will look like that in-game - the textures look far too high-res (eg. foliage). Things in the bigger screenshots also look somehow out of place (eg. furniture).

edit: some more screenshots on their site: http://www.2-worlds.com/?l=en&act=scr#

editedit: heeey, these guys aren't green at all, they made the Earth: 21xx games, which was rather successful in Korea AFAIK...

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bruin wrote:
    Something about the graphics just look off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it.
    The lighting effects are really awful in most of those shots.

Edit: Or maybe I shouldn't say really awful, but rather very unimpressive and unfinished looking. It probably looks better in motion, but several of those shots look pretty mediocre.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    cdneger wrote:
    I hear what you're saying and I would like to comment on that suchlike:

[ img]http://www.2404.org/downloads/Two Worlds/11504851081.jpg[/img]

Come on people this looks good!

That looks like the most generic demon I've ever seen.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    cdneger wrote:
    I hear what you're saying and I would like to comment on that suchlike:

[ img]http://www.2404.org/downloads/Two Worlds/11504851081.jpg[/img]

Come on people this looks good!

That looks like the most generic demon I've ever seen.
    There's nothing the least bit interesting below his head. I'm not saying I want to see some demon wang (or do I?) but at least have some scars or a loincloth or something.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    TenTonHammerTenTonHammer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This looks almost too much like Oblivion. I wonder if it runs on the same engine. It seems to be made and published by a small time company. Looks like another Gothic 3, an enjoyable game but hardly an Oblivion killer.

And to whoever said it, Morrowind 2 would be awesome.

TenTonHammer on
  • Options
    cdnegercdneger Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This looks almost too much like Oblivion. I wonder if it runs on the same engine. It seems to be made and published by a small time company. Looks like another Gothic 3, an enjoyable game but hardly an Oblivion killer.

And to whoever said it, Morrowind 2 would be awesome.

Afaik it's a completely different engine, and they seem to have made it themselves.

cdneger on
    Every+Zig.png
  • Options
    Golden LegGolden Leg Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It looks like Gothic 3, which is a very bad thing to look like.

Golden Leg on
  • Options
    cdnegercdneger Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Golden Leg wrote:

You mean you don't like Gothic 3's graphics? I consider them one of the few positive things about that game. But then, I'm no graphics whore...

cdneger on
    Every+Zig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I still have a hard time getting over my disappointment with the final battle in the mage's guild, I didn't bother to complete the fighter's guild [spoiler:a2bbfb8584]although I will admit that the quest to find out what happened at a certain mine and seeing the aftermath was a highpoint of that faction[/spoiler:a2bbfb8584]

I will say this, when the day comes when we have an ES game where we are on the second or third expedition to Akvair and learn how powerful they really are (and meet all the beast races) then that shit will be popping!

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    cdneger wrote:
    Golden Leg wrote:

You mean you don't like Gothic 3's graphics? I consider them one of the few positive things about that game. But then, I'm no graphics whore...

But man it chugs like a bitch.

I love the gothic series but the whole "Side with the orcs and let them win or the slave traders or humans and see it all play out". Its bull. For one its static image endings and theres only very slight variations such as the obvious "The orcs rule now", "The slave traders rule now", "Humanity was liberated...now". Yeah, major let down.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    cdneger wrote:
    Golden Leg wrote:

But man it chugs like a bitch.

I love the gothic series but the whole "Side with the orcs and let them win or the slave traders or humans and see it all play out". Its bull. For one its static image endings and theres only very slight variations such as the obvious "The orcs rule now", "The slave traders rule now", "Humanity was liberated...now". Yeah, major let down.

SHIT!

edit: Double SHIT! Cliff Racers suck! THEY KILLED OFF ALL THE DRAGONS!!!

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Gaming-ModuleGaming-Module Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    *Gothic sidetrack*

As much as I enjoyed Gothic 2, it just didn't reach the heights that the original did. I blame it on someone involved in the process deciding that Gothic was too alien and advising the leads to "normalize" it a bit.

The first game was so enjoyable because of the uniqueness of the setting. A medieval prison colony trapped in a magic barrier and tasked with sending ore shipments out of the barrier in exchange for the means to survive, as well as luxuries.

I had no idea what to expect. Every turn and corner, nook and cranny, villager and enemy was fresh and exciting.

Then Gothic 2 stripped that all away in favor of a straight fantasy mainland with only hints of the previous game's excellence and some bits of nostalgia thrown in to make fans of the first game connect with it.

But the ending was unfulfilling and poorly explained, and they made Diego sound like a fucking idiot.

So I wait for Gothic 3 reviews and my fears were confirmed. The series had taken another step back in a progression of the developer's chosen path of blending in with the crowd.

Well, Oblivion does it well enough, certainly better than Gothic, which is downright primitive at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're all drawing a similar conclusion when this game hits shelves. Sure, it only looks like Oblivion right now, but will it take much more than homogeneity to make it passable?

Gaming-Module on