As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm thinking about starting my project again

2»

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Here's the thing. If you never do get a C&D, great. More power to you.

What everyone's trying to say is that the RISK of that C&D, and the likelihood of it, outweighs the reward, and nobody wants to see your work go down the drain for that reason. So they're all suggesting little minor changes you can make to where, worst case scenario, Nintendo can't lay a hand on you. And truth be told, some of these ideas are actually pretty good- animals capturing humans, for example. I give that one the win.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Two things.

One, Digimon was around BEFORE pokemon, and

Two, Nintendo should just get around to making an official Pokemon MMO already.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Two things.

It would be Pokemon Snap MMO

Because Nintendo will never make anything Pokemon the way that you want it.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Two things.

It would be Pokemon Snap MMO

Because Nintendo will never make anything Pokemon the way that you want it.
    I don't know, I WAS yearning for a Red/Blue remake...

core tactic on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Two things.

Heh, Imagine the general chat channels. :shock:

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Two things.

Heh, Imagine the general chat channels. :shock:
    "dude my charizad is sooooo hawt"
    "no my groduon is super sexxxy"

core tactic on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    aspa wrote:
    I say, like everyone else has, change them from those cute loveable little creatures, that you beat into a near unconcious state before capturing to do your bidding, into something else. How about Demons? You could be a 'Sorcerer' (Instead of Trainer) who summons and binds demons to his will before using them to fight other Sorcerers.

Though, if you wanted something a little more PC I suppose you could call them all 'Spirits', and come up with some other aspect aligned creatures.

http://www.e-sheep.com/apocamon/

That is really creepy.

Holy shit

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    You should make a 3d version of "Cthulhumon". I'd love to see that.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9thulhu

core tactic on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    do it backwards... animals capturing people. Some of the people could be like a lawyer, who has lawyer attacks. Maybe ninja, you know the internet loves ninjas. Construction worker, soldier, school girl, plumber, the works.

Do it before I do!
    You captured SCHOOL GIRL! Do you want to give a nickname to the captured SCHOOL GIRL?

Edit: Evolves from LOLI

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Raslin wrote:
    I'm pretty sure copy right issues abound would show here.

Ehh. It would be a not for profit thing. Some companies are pretty lax on that sort of thing, as long as its a fan creation that's not for profit.

This is naive and stupid. It doesn't work that way. A company cannot allow others to reproduce trademarked things without license because it dilutes the trademarks. You actually need to actively pursue violators and take them to court for your trademarks to be worth anything.

In essence, if they let you make an unlicensed Pokemon game and call it a Pokemon game, there's nothing to stop Sony from doing the same.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Raslin wrote:

Ehh. It would be a not for profit thing. Some companies are pretty lax on that sort of thing, as long as its a fan creation that's not for profit.

This is naive and stupid. It doesn't work that way. A company cannot allow others to reproduce trademarked things without license because it dilutes the trademarks. You actually need to actively pursue violators and take them to court for your trademarks to be worth anything.

In essence, if they let you make an unlicensed Pokemon game and call it a Pokemon game, there's nothing to stop Sony from doing the same.
    SHHH!

Sony is everywhere.

core tactic on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Raslin wrote:

SHHH!

Sony is everywhere.

kutaragi_old.jpg

YOUR CHILDREN WILL LEARN DISCIPLINE! YOU WILL ALL LEARN DISCIPLINE!

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well, I've taken a shot at trying to make my own stuff

Poke1.jpg

Still need to work on the head, obviously. Eyes, fangs, etc.

Also, pheezer, in theory thats true. In practice, Nintendo hasn't been issuing C&D's.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dammit you! Do my idea!

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dammit you! Do my idea!
    Fuck him, lets just go make that awesome game ourselves. There's already been four or so people in this thread that said they'd help (myself included).

-SPI- on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Raslin wrote:

And if they do serve you a cease and desist you can be liable for damages[as a free pokemon 3d game would be competitor to any pokemon game they made]

Now just imagine how much money you can imagine being lost on pokemon 3d sales if the figures they go off of are projected sales figures.

That is how much money you would owe Nintendo if your project ever got out. So every minute you spend working on this without changing the name and some minute specifics so its not a rework is making you negative money. Lots of negative money.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    -SPI- wrote:
    Dammit you! Do my idea!
    Fuck him, lets just go make that awesome game ourselves. There's already been four or so people in this thread that said they'd help (myself included).

Ah, I like the way you think. I'm already on dev for one game, but that doesn't mean I don't wanna get on another. Know any coders? I know one, but he's got his hands full on the project we got going on now

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg